extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Help me out. What should I be doing?

Ok, I've been eating healthier and doing mainly cardio for over a month now. I've managed to go from 227 down to 206. My wife says she sees a difference in my midsection.

Here's what I do. I work a 12:30-9pm shift so my schedule differs from the norm.
    Age 32
    Wt 206

8:30 - wake up and do 40 minutes on the elliptical. 5 min warmupthen alternating 1 min norm 1 minute fast then 5 min cooldown.

9:30 - crunches and workout. I haven't joined a gym so I'm still working on my home weights and haven't quite figured out a routine. mainly chest and biceps right now.

10:00 - breakfast shake consisting of 25g protein, 1/2C of oats, 2 tsp peanut butter and 2 Tbsp flax seed. 1 orange.

12:00ish - 8 oz V8 juice. either 1 can of tuna or 1/2 can chicken on whole grain bread.

2-3PM - salad with mainly spring mix, chicken, brown rice, a couple veggies and oil.

6-6:30 - either 4oz of chicken or steak with brown rice and a side of veggies.

9:30 - plain protein shake, nothing added.

Does this sound about right for what I should be doing? My goal is to lose weight and eventually be down to 165-170 and toned up.

How intense should my workouts be? and does my diet sound right? I'm trying to find sample diets and workouts but most that I see look like they're for bulking, unless I'm looking in the wrong spot.

These are pics from about 2 weeks ago.
    Attached Images

ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by extremez View Post
    9:30 - crunches and workout. I haven't joined a gym so I'm still working on my home weights and haven't quite figured out a routine. mainly chest and biceps right now.
    These are your two biggest problems. Everything else looks decent at first glance (although you may want to up your servings of meat from 4 oz to 6 oz.)

extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) extremez is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    other than joining the gym, do you have any suggestions? there's a few local gyms i am looking into. our local YMCA is way too crowded.

suggestions on training, workouts, etc...

Another newb question. when i read about some workouts, it may say something like 3x5 or 4x4. what does that actually mean? is it sets x reps?

are there sample workouts that will get me started? i saw the beginner workout post but that seems like alot to work on especially 3-4 times a week on the same muscles.

ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000) ZidaneValor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by extremez View Post
    other than joining the gym, do you have any suggestions? there's a few local gyms i am looking into. our local YMCA is way too crowded.

suggestions on training, workouts, etc...

Another newb question. when i read about some workouts, it may say something like 3x5 or 4x4. what does that actually mean? is it sets x reps?

are there sample workouts that will get me started? i saw the beginner workout post but that seems like alot to work on especially 3-4 times a week on the same muscles.
    There are many workouts that can be found using the search function and/or the articles on the main site.

To answer your question though, 3x5 is three sets of five reps each.