Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DaRk LuCiFeR View Post
    - Incline db press __________ 3
    - Incline bench press _______ 3
    - Decline bench press _______ 3
    - Pec deck ________________ 3
    I do chest twice per week on Weds and Sat. Maybe I should just break those down into 2 different workouts on 2 different days?

I just dont feel anything doing only what you listed.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Forumite View Post
    I do chest twice per week on Weds and Sat. Maybe I should just break those down into 2 different workouts on 2 different days?

I don't know man. I prefer to work my chest once a week because it takes time to recover.

See how it goes for you.

theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DEUCE518 View Post
    Also if you do cables dont stop when your hands meet, but instead cross your hands over each other, alternating the hands on each rep. This creates possibly the best burn I've ever felt as far as chest goes.
    I've been looking for a little change in the cable flyes... I'll have to try this one out.
    the crew that poop poop poops crews crew
    ω

Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DaRk LuCiFeR View Post
    I don't know man. I prefer to work my chest once a week because it takes time to recover.

See how it goes for you.
    And you get that out of 12 sets? I'm not questioning you, still kinda new to this. You're about 30 pounds heavier than I am and I'm sure you lift alot more but for me I dont even start to feel anything until I'm finished with all the presses and cables. Never sore the day after.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And you get that out of 12 sets? I'm not questioning you, still kinda new to this. You're about 30 pounds heavier than I am and I'm sure you lift alot more but for me I dont even start to feel anything until I'm finished with all the presses and cables. Never sore the day after.
    Depends on how you workout. I go to failure with every set, even pec deck. When I do 12 sets, I make sure they bombard my chest.

Oh btw, when I was new to lifting, I used to do 20 sets for chest.

Rand Paul for Senate 2010 Saku39's Avatar
    Saku39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saku39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saku39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saku39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saku39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saku39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saku39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saku39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saku39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saku39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saku39 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    After awhile I think it's just a matter of size & bodyfat...then you can start worrying about inner, outer, upper & lower. At your height & weight category I think the only way to have a great chest would be having a very low bodyfat percentage.

So I would say focus on gaining mass, then reducing your bodyfat a bit. The lines that were covered up by fat start to show it was there all along. I think the training specific regions of chest & biceps would be for more advanced categories. Adding fifteen or twenty pounds of muscle over your whole body & emphasizing this area with a variety of exercises I believe will do better for your titties, arms(or any muscle) than any wonder exercise.

However, I think its ridiculous to say you can't emphasize certain parts of a muscle, like many people who follow the pure, dry sciency methods in the forums. Far too many real life experiences seem to negate those ideas. Why is it that doing certain angles, exercises & variations shift the tension & burning sensation to different portions of the same muscle(and by that I mean I'm not talking about something broad like "Legs", but a specific muscle group)?? I think there is a place for this type of training, but its more for people who are at or near competition level bodybuilding.
    Last edited by Saku39; 04-29-2009 at 06:59 AM.
    Freeourhealthcarenow.org
    Be Pro-Choice! Contribute your signature, while you still can, to your natural right to Choose your Medical Treatments without Government intrusion or bureaucratic panels. As of now, over 1.3 million signed!

www.randpaul2010.com

DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000) DEUCE518 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Decline/Incline/Flat bench X3
    +
    Incline/Flat Flies X2
    +
    Cable Crossover X3-5
    +
    Pec Deck X3
    +
    Weighted Dips X3
    =
    20-22
    You may be over training your chest. This is about twice as much work as I do for my chest on Monday's.

Just my opinion but if you're doing the pec deck you don't need the cable crossovers and vice versa.

here's what mine looks like:

(First you must know that before I started this routine I had just finished a 12 wk routine that was similar but I needed to switch up some of the exercises and the amount of sets.)

FB- 7x5
    Dec B- 3x8-12(failure)
    Inc Fly- 3x8-12(failure)

13 sets, and still that is pushing it.

this workout is for strength first, then hypertrophy. In the past 8 wks I've seen my bench rise almost 15 lbs.

happy lifting

zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by entropy1 View Post
    do a search, read the science, look at the anatomy. you'll soon find that inner/outer chest doesnt exsist and most of those that really push the issue here are basically trolls that go around repeating themselves and ignore all the facts
    do a search, read the science, youll soon find out that youre wrong. compartmentalization hypothesis. and as soon as i switched from DB flies to cable flies, my middle chest started to fill in, why? because there was resistance at the end of the move, where i really had to just squeeze it.
    Originally Posted by Saku39 View Post
    After awhile I think it's just a matter of size & bodyfat...then you can start worrying about inner, outer, upper & lower. At your height & weight category I think the only way to have a great chest would be having a very low bodyfat percentage.

So I would say focus on gaining mass, then reducing your bodyfat a bit. The lines that were covered up by fat start to show it was there all along. I think the training specific regions of chest & biceps would be for more advanced categories. Adding fifteen or twenty pounds of muscle over your whole body & emphasizing this area with a variety of exercises I believe will do better for your titties, arms(or any muscle) than any wonder exercise.

However, I think its ridiculous to say you can't emphasize certain parts of a muscle, like many people who follow the pure, dry sciency methods in the forums. Far too many real life experiences seem to negate those ideas. Why is it that doing certain angles, exercises & variations shift the tension & burning sensation to different portions of the same muscle(and by that I mean I'm not talking about something broad like "Legs", but a specific muscle group)?? I think there is a place for this type of training, but its more for people who are at or near competition level bodybuilding.
    absolutely agree.

lithographer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am fairly new to body building. This is my first post, so I'm hoping I don't come across as an idiot.

Speaking from my personal experience, I have noticed while doing incline that if the angle is too steep, it works the shoulders more than the upper chest. If the bench is adjustable, I suggest lowering it a notch and giving that a whirl. This worked wonders for me.
    'The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.' -- Vince Lombardi

hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd recommend any single-arm fly where your arm crosses the middle of your pecs at the peak contraction. Always helps bring out that inner separation on me. I prefer cable or machine flies for this as there's a lot of tension at the peak; I can't recreate that sensation nearly as effectively when using a dumbbell.
    Keep on hulkin'.

I won't quit till no shirt will fit.

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i think genetics as to do with how the chest looks. more round, square, etc.

I know Ronnie has been Mr. O. but he needs to take some courses on articulation. Can't really understand what he's saying.

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was just thinking about my charles was saying in episode 3. I've been working my front delts to much on incline by going wide grip and bringing the dumb bell to low. will change next chest training day.

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

What DL said, the chest is a bigger muscle it takes longer to recover.

And you use high volume so it would probally be best to only train your chest once per week. Smaller muscles like calfs or biceps you can train 2x a week, as they can recover much quicker.

Soulfly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulfly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulfly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulfly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulfly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulfly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulfly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulfly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulfly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulfly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soulfly1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    From your picture I think your chest overall lacks size, no one point seems to stand out, lower or upper. I think instead of focusing on one part of your chest you should just keep focusing your efforts on building your whole chest. Once you reach your goal weight than I belive you should start focusing on bringing up the lagging parts of your chest. Thats just my opinion take it for what its worth.

zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Josef_Rakich View Post
    What DL said, the chest is a bigger muscle it takes longer to recover.

And you use high volume so it would probally be best to only train your chest once per week. Smaller muscles like calfs or biceps you can train 2x a week, as they can recover much quicker.
    id have to disagree here, the chest is a smaller muscle when you compare it to your back, legs etc. IMO most people can do chest 2x a week, personally i dont like to because it messes with the whole schedule. it also depends what your rep scheme is, if youve got high volume then 2x a week may not be the way to go, if your going for strength, low reps, then ya, 2x a week is often possible.
    and i train my calves every other day lol...

Originally Posted by zildjian_4 View Post
    id have to disagree here, the chest is a smaller muscle when you compare it to your back, legs etc. IMO most people can do chest 2x a week, personally i dont like to because it messes with the whole schedule. it also depends what your rep scheme is, if youve got high volume then 2x a week may not be the way to go, if your going for strength, low reps, then ya, 2x a week is often possible.
    I try to keep my weight high and reps in the 5-10 range.

I try to keep my weight high and reps in the 5-10 range.
    Again, depends on your intensity. If you do high intensity workouts 2x a week then there is a chance you'll over-train. Experiment and see.

Registered User stateprop.Jeezy's Avatar
    stateprop.Jeezy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

inner and upper

mavven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been experiencing the same issue with my inner chest. I saw one of the pro bodybuilders (can't remember who) doing cable flys without the handles... I tried it, and all I can say is WOW! you get great range of motion, it burns like hell and it hits the inner peck with furry... I have seen great results doing it this way... You can't go to heavy because you are just holding the ends of the cables, but man the pump you get... Give it a try and let me know how it feels...

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by zildjian_4 View Post
    Yeah but i was comparing it to calfs and biceps, anyway chest is still classed as a big muscle, and still needs more time to recover. 2x a week is fine as long as you dont do high volume.

Yeah calfs respond best to alot of hell train them 24/7

hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mavven View Post
    I have been experiencing the same issue with my inner chest. I saw one of the pro bodybuilders (can't remember who) doing cable flys without the handles... I tried it, and all I can say is WOW! you get great range of motion, it burns like hell and it hits the inner peck with furry... I have seen great results doing it this way... You can't go to heavy because you are just holding the ends of the cables, but man the pump you get... Give it a try and let me know how it feels...
    Did you try this with both the low cables as well as the high? If you haven't you should.
    Keep on hulkin'.

I won't quit till no shirt will fit.