Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Reducing Wide Hips (Actual Hip bone)?

Is this possible? I am a GUY but have an above average hip bone size, trying my best to build up my top half to account for that so it doesn't seem like I have wide hips, I did however come upon another site where someone wrote the following, I just wanted to know if you think it can work:

"You can reduce the width of your hips by wearing a tight belt around your hip bones every night. Its a very uncomfortable process, but you will lose about 1 millimeter of hip width every week. Make sure you use padding around the belt so it doesn't dig into your skin. Make sure the belt or strap is tight enough so that it doesn't fall off at night. Also make sure that its not too tight, but tight enough that you feel pressure.

Bones are very sensitive to consistent fatigue and stress which is why they repair so quickly after they are broken. The coxal bone will curve inward over several weeks time. Try using a tie if you cannot use a belt.

Women in China bound their feet together for centuries and women in south east Asia place rings around their necks. These two cultural practices are proof that the bones of the human body are adaptable to the desired state if given the proper stresses.

A young woman's hips will widen with the release of hormones. Just think what a little bit of pressure would do to a man's hips over several weeks.

Good Luck!"
    Last edited by Reptile; 04-27-2009 at 08:17 PM.
    Strive for Pain and Intensity in the Gym!!!

zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zildjian_4 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    uhhh...whaaaaa??
    actually. i dont know.lol...

Chasing that 405 Bench msm172021121's Avatar
    msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msm172021121 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
    Is this possible? I am a GUY but have an above average hip bone size, trying my best to build up my top half to account for that so it doesn't seem like I have wide hips, I did however come upon another site where someone wrote the following, I just wanted to know if you think it can work:

"You can reduce the width of your hips by wearing a tight belt around your hip bones every night. Its a very uncomfortable process, but you will lose about 1 millimeter of hip width every week. Make sure you use padding around the belt so it doesn't dig into your skin. Make sure the belt or strap is tight enough so that it doesn't fall off at night. Also make sure that its not too tight, but tight enough that you feel pressure.

Bones are very sensitive to consistent fatigue and stress which is why they repair so quickly after they are broken. The coxal bone will curve inward over several weeks time. Try using a tie if you cannot use a belt.

Women in China bound their feet together for centuries and women in south east Asia place rings around their necks. These two cultural practices are proof that the bones of the human body are adaptable to the desired state if given the proper stresses.

A young woman's hips will widen with the release of hormones. Just think what a little bit of pressure would do to a man's hips over several weeks.

Good Luck!"
    sounds retarded to me. who knows though. you can stretch your neck out like those giraffe wannabe's in africa with those metal rings. might be possible if you were still growing but i doubt after you're grown
    " When you want to succeed as much as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful".

Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol. foot binding makes the bones grow differently because they're broken and forced into a contained space for the rest of their lives. and your neck is more than bones.
    I want to touch the butt.

Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10) Reptile is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah it does seem quite funny, I also agree with the other poster that perhaps while you are growing you might be able to do something but after the hip bone has grown it is probably more then unlikely. Then again what do I know, lol.

eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Good Luck!"
    Believe me when I say I WISH there was a way to proportion my upper and lower body by narrowing my hips.

But most of the foot binding and neck lengthening was probably done when these girls were adolescents when bones are still soft and malleable.

I'd say that doing this suggested belt thing will not have the same effect as a corset, for example, which displaces soft tissue over a long period of time.
    My Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114646181

pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sounds dangerous. Better option, work the sh!t out of your shoulders and lats.
    "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" ...will probably be my last words

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136720821
    more misadventures in physical culture

Original Neanderthal theapexxxx's Avatar
    theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000) theapexxxx is just really nice. (+1000)
    there is no way around wide hips other than of course surgery. But that can be costly to say the least.

You can make them appear smaller by wearing certain types of clothing or by working certain muscles. Shoulders, lats, chest, arms, thighs will all make your hips appear more narrow the larger they get.

kaijai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaijai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaijai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaijai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaijai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaijai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaijai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaijai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaijai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaijai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaijai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Rub area (this being your hips) with Sandpaper 100 times in a continuos smooth clockwise direction each night before bed, until desired width is achieved.
    "Bodybuilding is a marathon and not a sprint. Great physiques take many years to build."

redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) redbird_is is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds painful. You say your hips are above average in circumference - out of curiosity, what is the actual measurement?

theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theshoupguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kaijai View Post
    Rub area (this being your hips) with Sandpaper 100 times in a continuos smooth clockwise direction each night before bed, until desired width is achieved.
    That's so last year, brah. Low intensity steady sandpapering (LISS) methods are out, and shorter bursts of high intensity interval tablesawing (HIIT) are in.
    Shave off just a millimeter or two every night! If it's good enough for your wood, it's good enough for your hip bones.

the crew that poop poop poops crews crew
    ω

TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dont know how to narrow the hips sorry but i do know a trick.

Hips get wide from squats so do front squats instead.

Now try and widen the upper body more with pull-ups, lateral raises, chest flys.

Do squats with a narrow stance to widen legs.

Lovin' Thickums since '88 Cheesin's Avatar
    Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000) Cheesin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by msm172021121 View Post
    sounds retarded to me. who knows though. you can stretch your neck out like those giraffe wannabe's in africa with those metal rings. might be possible if you were still growing but i doubt after you're grown
    That's in Asia, not Africa.

Originally Posted by redbird_is View Post
    Sounds painful. You say your hips are above average in circumference - out of curiosity, what is the actual measurement?
    I haven't measured them in a while, I would say around 39-40", my waist 36" at the moment since I'm bulking, so my hip to waist ratio isn't bad around 0.87 to 0.9 or so. I know it's not unhealthy and is normal to have your hips larger then your waist (which it should be). But still some clothes make you look bigger in the bottom half of your body which kinda sucks. Well in the meantime I am blasting my upper body to get huge.

Wink

Originally Posted by theshoupguy View Post
    That's so last year, brah. Low intensity steady sandpapering (LISS) methods are out, and shorter bursts of high intensity interval tablesawing (HIIT) are in.
    Shave off just a millimeter or two every night! If it's good enough for your wood, it's good enough for your hip bones.

That's the machine I was going to use, for now a mallet should help, another thing you can do is lie down sideways and have someone stand on your hips to help push it in and in due time it will go in possibly a cm in a couple of months time.

CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You only just heard about this? This kind of practice has been around for centuries. Just ask Henry VIII
    Soon to be updated:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119479461

MUFC supporter actually from Manchester
    rep [and neg] back 500+

FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FAO is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    surgery??? um, the sooner you except your horrifically wide hips the happier you will be in life...

Actually, I have found having a large/wide core is great for lifting, particularly compound moves...
    FAO

Stay Healthy...

GROPEGRABOSHITWTFBBQ! Hard Drive's Avatar
    Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Those women in China were barely capable of walking and lived in chronic pain for the rest of their lives.

The giraffe chicks are incapable of supporting their own cranium once those things are removed.

If you're into being that self-detrimental and downright masochistic, then why not just go into a state of osteoporosis via a severe lack of nutrition, specifically in calcium/vitamin D?

That or the powersaw idea doesn't seem too bad either...
    Rice Power Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=332791061

Success requires single-mindedness of purpose.
    ---------------
    tofu/rice/ranch---no meat

Thanks guys, I think I will go the power saw machine route, quickest and is guaranteed!

maroonylife is on a distinguished road. (+10) maroonylife is on a distinguished road. (+10) maroonylife is on a distinguished road. (+10) maroonylife is on a distinguished road. (+10) maroonylife is on a distinguished road. (+10) maroonylife is on a distinguished road. (+10) maroonylife is on a distinguished road. (+10) maroonylife is on a distinguished road. (+10) maroonylife is on a distinguished road. (+10) maroonylife is on a distinguished road. (+10) maroonylife is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Possible solution

Hello. I believe I have a long term solution that can help with this problem.

I'm a 20y old male medicine student, and have the same problem.

First of all, there is one base rule about bone development:

-Bones develop when under stress.

So don't go fastening belts around your hip trying to make them smaller. This will only tighten the muscles and the fat tissue in the area, but will INCREASE bone development.

Secondly, surgery is not a good option. Because it mainly focuses on muscle and fat tissue removal. To simplify things, there isn't any way to cut and reduce the bone's size.

What I believe can be a good method is, change the way you lie down when sleeping. (English isn't my native language so I'll try to explain this as good as I can)

1) Lie down with your face up. Don't bury your face into the pillow. Do not sleep turning to one side either.

2) Spread your legs. Imagine you are a giant X mark. Spread your legs, and widen your back when lying.

3) Have your feet, toes look to the outer sides. Try to sleep while you have your toes not looking to the ceiling, but when looking to the sides. The term being abduction and lateral rotation (lacking English at this point). To put it in other words, the little fingers of your feet should be closer to the ground of the bed, than a usual lying down state.

4) Try to do this throughout the day. For example, when you'r watching a movie on your computer, don't cross your legs on top of each other. Instead, try to put them as seperated as possible.

5) Most importantly, do not let this get ahead of your daily life. I have seen only 1 person in my daily life with the same problem, some guy at a cafe. It actually isn't that bad when you get to have a look from the outside. And more importantly, you sure do not want a girl who judges you by your looks. There are more important things in life.

Bone maturation occures at ages 18-25. So if you are at this interval, or close to this, it may be worth trying. Though of course this is just a theory, I'm not a certified doctor or anything.

-One extra note: High levels of estrogen may cause wide hips. To lower the estrogen, you have to increase the testosterone. So be sure to work out, and solve the problem in your head (5th entry).

morphine13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morphine13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morphine13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morphine13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morphine13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morphine13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morphine13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morphine13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morphine13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morphine13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morphine13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kaijai View Post
    That was mean..LOL !!
    Irrespective of your question, the chances of getting " food" and " squat" as a response on this forum is 80%

Mr.Tuffbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Tuffbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Tuffbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Tuffbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Tuffbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Tuffbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Tuffbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Tuffbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Tuffbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Tuffbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr.Tuffbody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pFuzzz View Post
    Sounds dangerous. Better option, work the sh!t out of your shoulders and lats.
    Hey man PFuzzz is right. Besides, when you are 90 years old and all your friends are falling down and getting hip replacements, you may actual start to like your big sturdy hips.
    “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it." Matthew 7:13

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Is this possible?
    If you're fully grown, I can't imagine any safe way of doing this. I mean I guess you could lie on your side and get a friend to shatter your pelvis with a sledgehammer, but all the pain you'd go through from that, it's probably easier to just work out the muscles you're already trying to build.

I am a GUY but have an above average hip bone size, trying my best to build up my top half to account for that so it doesn't seem like I have wide hips
    Definitely keep at this. Also look on the bright side: you can probably build bigger thighs without chafing if the hip joints are further apart.

I did however come upon another site where someone wrote the following, I just wanted to know if you think it can work:

I don't understand why this would work. Did he explain any scientific theory behind the practise? Evidence? These are important questions to ask yourself.

The problem with this approach is: why would the pelvis get narrower as a result of pressure? What if, instead, it grew thicker instead?

This guy clearly has not done his research. Chinese women had their feet broken, and the women who wear rings basically gradually dislocate their clavicles.

Girls' hips widen because they're still maturing and their growth plates are open, the skeleton hasn't fully ossified, so it can still expand and grow. This is totally different from trying to shrink an already grown skeleton.

Originally Posted by TrunkZilla View Post
    Hips get wide from squats so do front squats instead.
    Um, I assume you mean they get wide from back squats? Why? How would front squatting be any different?

As far as I'm aware, wider stances can hit the adductors (inner thigh) more so presumably the narrower ones can require more abductor stabilization (1-leg squats are prob most demanding for that) but I don't see what this has to do with the hip width.

Please show me where squatting has theoretically widened the hips. It can build muscles like the glutes, sure, but I don't think it's been observed to alter the pelvic bone measurement itself.

LulzYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    We have the meso-endo bodytype (possibly on a balanced on ratio or endo being dominant).

There's nothing you could do about it other than surgery, which is certainly stupid if you want to look ''slimmer''. Like others said, work out your lats and shoulder and you'll have a wider upper body to make your hips look narrower.

Plus, we have a great time with the hour-glass body figure :3

machd is not very well liked. (-100) machd is not very well liked. (-100) machd is not very well liked. (-100) machd is not very well liked. (-100) machd is not very well liked. (-100) machd is not very well liked. (-100) machd is not very well liked. (-100) machd is not very well liked. (-100) machd is not very well liked. (-100) machd is not very well liked. (-100) machd is not very well liked. (-100)
    My waist measurement in 31in and both chest and hips measure 37.5in...its an hourglass shape any suggestions?

AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by maroonylife View Post
    Hello. I believe I have a long term solution that can help with this problem.

I'm a 20y old male medicine student, and have the same problem.

First of all, there is one base rule about bone development:

-Bones develop when under stress.

So don't go fastening belts around your hip trying to make them smaller. This will only tighten the muscles and the fat tissue in the area, but will INCREASE bone development.

Secondly, surgery is not a good option. Because it mainly focuses on muscle and fat tissue removal. To simplify things, there isn't any way to cut and reduce the bone's size.

What I believe can be a good method is, change the way you lie down when sleeping. (English isn't my native language so I'll try to explain this as good as I can)

1) Lie down with your face up. Don't bury your face into the pillow. Do not sleep turning to one side either.

2) Spread your legs. Imagine you are a giant X mark. Spread your legs, and widen your back when lying.

3) Have your feet, toes look to the outer sides. Try to sleep while you have your toes not looking to the ceiling, but when looking to the sides. The term being abduction and lateral rotation (lacking English at this point). To put it in other words, the little fingers of your feet should be closer to the ground of the bed, than a usual lying down state.

4) Try to do this throughout the day. For example, when you'r watching a movie on your computer, don't cross your legs on top of each other. Instead, try to put them as seperated as possible.

5) Most importantly, do not let this get ahead of your daily life. I have seen only 1 person in my daily life with the same problem, some guy at a cafe. It actually isn't that bad when you get to have a look from the outside. And more importantly, you sure do not want a girl who judges you by your looks. There are more important things in life.

Bone maturation occures at ages 18-25. So if you are at this interval, or close to this, it may be worth trying. Though of course this is just a theory, I'm not a certified doctor or anything.

-One extra note: High levels of estrogen may cause wide hips. To lower the estrogen, you have to increase the testosterone. So be sure to work out, and solve the problem in your head (5th entry).

Good Luck!"
    These are certainly options worth exploring, personally I have had some success with a different tactic. Something akin to the Valsalva Maneuver, many on the same principles apply, except it's obviously performed with the sphincter. I can see how you would be initially reluctant to attempt this exercise, but I assure you, this knowledge has been passed down from reliable sources for many generations. The monks of Nepal have been practicing this, successfully, for hundreds of years. And while this would be considered a holistic approach to maroonylife's more modern, scientific methods, it is nonetheless effective. I also wish you luck, as long as you perform these daily, 5 times a day, you should start seeing results within the first 3 months.
    "It seems like your goal is not to help."

log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147517853&p=960218773&viewfull=1#post960218773

Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by machd View Post
    My waist measurement in 31in and both chest and hips measure 37.5in...its an hourglass shape any suggestions?
    Build your chest and back?

Also begin calling it an 'X-shape' and it will feel more masculine.

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    well..necro on the thread...but regardless:

feel fortunate that science tells us that you have less predisposition to heart disease, adult onset diabetes, and other diseases.

put some muscle on, and you can have a good classic build.
    Stern Crew

Abstraktmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Abstraktmind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have it worse than you.. 31.5 waist and 40 in hips. :-(

KingRat79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingRat79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingRat79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingRat79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingRat79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingRat79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingRat79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingRat79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingRat79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingRat79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingRat79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hate to say this but your 34 not 14, isn't it time to get over these little insecurities and realise that there are something’s that you have been given and aren’t going to change. Why not just focus on those things you can change, like building a big chest shoulders and lats?