Thread: Could I do it??

Chone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Could I do it??

I have recently begun exercising,(cardio and strength) and in the past nine months have managed to lose around 85lbs. I feel pretty good and can see some trace of nice muscle coming through all over.

I am considering seeing how far I can take it (within healthy limits)
    and maybe even compete some day. *However* I have had three kids (last one born ten months ago) and have the hellacious stretch marks, lose wrinkled skin and tiny, saggy, pendulous bustline to prove it !

That said, could I ever have a hope in heck of competing? I heard there is nothing to be done about stretch marks, the accordion-like skin folds on my stomach, (it really is skin not fat, (though there's more than enough of that too) because because it's thin folds and doesn't snap back ) may or may not ever tighten again and the bosom (or lack thereof) is likely to stay this way. I don't want cosmetic surgery and couldn't afford it anyway. I suppose figure competing is out, eh? LOL
    Should I just keep on like I have been and go for my own private best or could it be worth aspiring to more?
    Thanks
    Anne

pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000) pogue is just really nice. (+1000)
    dunno about the stretch marks problem, but congradulations on your gains!

losing 85lbs in 9 months is amazing.

TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000)
    Chone.....sounds like you have done an incredible job losing the weight and adding some muscle.

I would never say never. Keep going with your workouts and diet. It might be another year before you start to see shrinkage of the extra skin caused from pregnancy and weight gain. But in the meantime....keep building up that muscle and lose the fat.

And if you never set foot on a stage to compete, you will still be a winner in alot of people's eyes.

Keep up the great work honey!

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A strong topical vitamine E may help in reducing the appearance of stretchmarks. Apply 3 x a day for several weeks and see the out come.

bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've seen many pics and in person of women competing with stretch marks. Make-up does wonders and the skin will tighten to some degree as you continue to lose bodyfat. You shouldn't let reasons like that to keep you from walking on stage. It just proves that even mothers can't make an excuse to compete or have a great body!!

blonde_diva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blonde_diva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blonde_diva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blonde_diva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blonde_diva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blonde_diva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blonde_diva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blonde_diva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blonde_diva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blonde_diva has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blonde_diva has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    bufchk I totally agree with you!

I'm a true believer in chasing after your dreams

Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm a guy, however these problems I've had. Used to weigh 180, bulked up to a solid 220-230, then ballooned to a 'pleasantly' plump weight of 312, some years ago.

That said, I have numerous stretch marks, and a good portion of loose-skin. Preparation-H gel does help to a degree, however minimal. Mederma does seem to work reasonably well, although this I haven't used. Will find a thread as does it contain feedback.

Also, gaining some muscle does help to "fill in" the sag. I now stay around ~220, primarily solid, so the issue isn't as great as normally it could be when I'm under 200.

As well can tanning help, and when/if you compete, such normal conditions of contest prep may help to conceal these issues (i.e. tanning itself, and tanning cremes).

Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here's the thread:

http://forum.avantlabs.com/index.php...48&hl=mederma&

And as for your other question, the answer is most definitely "yes" Although I weigh 220 now, I'm not shredded as once I was when 190-195 several months ago (had the six-pack going and veins running everywhere). That said, and considering how much I once weighed, ~312, the remnants from my previous situation were barely then noticeable.