KaraLindsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaraLindsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

looking for great protein powder

Hi, I am new to this site and I am looking for a new protein powder. I want something that I can blend with berries for smoothies. So either a great tasting vanilla or something with no flavor.

I need a low calorie whey protein. I am currently using Apex Whey Max and its only 90 calories and 16 grams of protein. Im using chocolate so I can only blend it with bananas! So if anyone can point me to great protein powder for smoothies that would be awesome. If not then Im considering trying the Apex Why Max in Vanilla.

Thanks for reading!!
    -Kara

PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sts/whey.html

100 calories pre measured in individual packets and the Vanilla tastes great

If you are looking for unflavored I know that supplement direct makes some

KaraLindsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaraLindsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey thanks for replying! I checked out the vanilla one and its double the price of the Apex Ive been using so I might have to try out the Apex Vanilla. However, I would really like to try the Supplements Direct pure whey protein but it doesnt say how many calories per serving or how much protein. Does anyone know where to find that info? Thanks a bunch!

renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    cytosport complete whey is awesome!
    We are what we repeatedly do; Excellence is not an act, but a habit -Aristotle.

For I know the plans I have for you...Jer 29:11

BoingoBoingoBoingoBoingo TinyMan's Avatar
    TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KaraLindsey View Post
    I need a low calorie whey protein.
    Don't get fooled by labels. A gram of protein is 4 cals, a gram of carbohydrates is 4, and a gram of fats is 9 cals. I can make you a protein powder that is less than 4 calories per serving no problem. Sound amazing? Catch is that it is less than a gram of powder. Similarly I can get thousands of calories per serving by just telling you to drink the entire tub.

Low calorie proteins logically make absolutely no sense - because your calorie amount per serving is based on your serving size. Low carbohydrate/fat protein powders - now THAT makes some sense. Also, don't let price fool you. Evaluate protein powders on their price per gram of protein - not on their sticker price. A 1lb tub of protein powder is cheaper than 5lbs, but in the long run it is typically much more expensive. A common mistake is to look at a label, and think it is a great deal because of how many servings there are, or the low sticker price. That's very often not actually true.
    I remember being relevant.

MikeRAnderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeRAnderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeRAnderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeRAnderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeRAnderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeRAnderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeRAnderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeRAnderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeRAnderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeRAnderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeRAnderson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TinyMan View Post
    Don't get fooled by labels. A gram of protein is 4 cals, a gram of carbohydrates is 4, and a gram of fats is 9 cals. I can make you a protein powder that is less than 4 calories per serving no problem. Sound amazing? Catch is that it is less than a gram of powder. Similarly I can get thousands of calories per serving by just telling you to drink the entire tub.

Low calorie proteins logically make absolutely no sense - because your calorie amount per serving is based on your serving size. Low carbohydrate/fat protein powders - now THAT makes some sense. Also, don't let price fool you. Evaluate protein powders on their price per gram of protein - not on their sticker price. A 1lb tub of protein powder is cheaper than 5lbs, but in the long run it is typically much more expensive. A common mistake is to look at a label, and think it is a great deal because of how many servings there are, or the low sticker price. That's very often not actually true.
    couldnt have said it better myself
    Rack your weights!

But its on the BB.com forums it must be true!

TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MikeRAnderson View Post
    couldnt have said it better myself
    You could try saying it in a hilarious voice. That might do it.

Tinyman

What the hell was that? Who in their right mind could honestly be so self absorbed? Really do you think that is what I was asking? That was just a bunch of mumbo jumbo! My question here was if anyone had suggestions on great protein powder. If I didn?t specify the criteria of that powder then you would all be telling me about powders that are 200 calories and more. If I really need to specify to you that I use Apex Whey Max and ONE SCOOP is 90 calories then I think you need to go back to school. Thanks for all that have helped and will help. The rest of you, think before typing.

I'm just trying to steer you on the right path to analyzing before buying. It's up to you whether or not you want to do that or not. None of that should be mumbo jumbo; and if it is, ask and someone will try to help clarify it. There's no need to get offensive with it.

"If I didn?t specify the criteria of that powder then you would all be telling me about powders that are 200 calories and more."

That is actually precisely the underlying problem here. The serving size of a protein powder, including the caloric value, is not important because it can be manipulated. What is important is what you are getting for the price you pay - because you can always adjust serving sizes to be more or less calories. That's it, that's the bottom line. Your choice if you want to apply it or not.

Juststrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juststrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juststrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juststrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juststrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juststrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juststrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juststrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juststrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juststrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juststrong will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try All The Whey's pure isolate.Its got very low calories,No carbs,No fat,and is at a very good price.

Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What the hell was that? Who in their right mind could honestly be so self absorbed? Really do you think that is what I was asking? That was just a bunch of mumbo jumbo! My question here was if anyone had suggestions on great protein powder. If I didn?t specify the criteria of that powder then you would all be telling me about powders that are 200 calories and more. If I really need to specify to you that I use Apex Whey Max and ONE SCOOP is 90 calories then I think you need to go back to school. Thanks for all that have helped and will help. The rest of you, think before typing.
    dear god...

gemner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gemner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Step 1: Find cheap, good tasting protein in desired flavor
    Step 2: Figure out how many calories and grams of protein you want
    Step 3: Take that percentage instead of your favorite protein's serving size
    Step 4: .......?
    Step 5: Profit?

Example: Have: 200 calorie/serving protein powder
    Desire: 100 calorie/serving protein powder
    Solution: 100/200 = 1/2 scoop for YOUR serving size

stunneronureyez is not very helpful. (-500) stunneronureyez is not very helpful. (-500) stunneronureyez is not very helpful. (-500) stunneronureyez is not very helpful. (-500) stunneronureyez is not very helpful. (-500) stunneronureyez is not very helpful. (-500) stunneronureyez is not very helpful. (-500) stunneronureyez is not very helpful. (-500) stunneronureyez is not very helpful. (-500) stunneronureyez is not very helpful. (-500) stunneronureyez is not very helpful. (-500)
    hahaha he was trying to help you, you mad b1tch!?

user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) user98511001541 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    haha wow

gotta love it when people try to help out and get flamed...
    Gaspari Nutrition Rep and Overall BAMF
    www.gasparinutrition.com
    alec @ gasparinutrition.com

Turning into a pirate-grizzy bear hybrid! --- Bulkin to 230!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127371573

TRAIN INSANE: http://vimeo.com/7472199

Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah Tinyman was right about serving size and price.
    Being open minded to correction is not always easy^^

@ OP, try All The Whey, they offer also unflavored on their site.
    Their Cup Cake Batter is probably the best vanilla flavor.
    And price is also very reasonable.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/al...eyprotein.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/al...y/isolate.html

I don't know where you bought Apex, but it's not one of the cheapest for whey blend IMO.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/apex/max.html

Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hilty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    And serving size varies to companies. One scoop isn't same for every brands, some use it as low calorie advertising.
    There are small and medium scoops or they fill one scoop differently, you can always see how much grams are per scoop.

PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You cant be serious here