Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

19 minutes of HIIT or 40 minutes of cardio while bulking?

So I need SOME way to burn the fat without losing hard earned muscle while I am bulking. Which would be best? 40 minutes of steady pace cardio or 19 minutes of HIIT?
    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

Binging and Purging OldskoolBULK's Avatar
    OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    "burning fat" and "bulking" used in the same sentence?

DA ****?
    Never satisfied till I'm 220+ pounds @ 10%BF

Bench 230x5 - Work in progress
    Squat 225x5 - Work in progress
    Dead lift 315x5 - Work in progress
    Weight Dips 65x8
    Bench Dips +145x10

Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    bulking muscles, cutting off the fat that you gain while gaining muscle at the same time. Pretty simple concept.

Binging and Purging OldskoolBULK's Avatar
    OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Jackalhead View Post
    bulking muscles, cutting off the fat that you gain while gaining muscle at the same time. Pretty simple concept.
    if so simple, why seem so confused? why don't you just eat "clean" so you don't add a lot of fat so you don't need to do cardio?
    Never satisfied till I'm 220+ pounds @ 10%BF

Bench 230x5 - Work in progress
    Squat 225x5 - Work in progress
    Dead lift 315x5 - Work in progress
    Weight Dips 65x8
    Bench Dips +145x10

big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big_easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    consider this: look at the figure of an endurance runner which would be like your 40 mins of cardio VS the build of a sprinter which would be your HIIT.

Now take your pick. I would go for the sprinter's build. Thus I know HIIT is the option for your situation.

I have never been able to get past 15 mins of HIIT with a 30/30 jog/sprint.Good luck to you sir!

Also OldskoolBulk might be on to something for you. you might need to slow the old metabolism down a notch so You can actually bulk and get your weight up. Please consider this also. It could be in your best interest

Slowly getting bigger!! dkemano42's Avatar
    dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jackalhead View Post
    So I need SOME way to burn the fat without losing hard earned muscle while I am bulking. Which would be best? 40 minutes of steady pace cardio or 19 minutes of HIIT?
    Hey,
    Do the HIIT. Its better for buring fat in that is continues to burn calories for awhile after you are done. Plus it hit the fast twitch muscles more and will help add bulk.

DK
    "After all is said and done, a lot more will have been said than done will have been done!"

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback guys. Oh and I am a pro at HIIT. haha, been doing it for years.

I usually do a 5 minute warm up follow by 3 rounds each consisting of a 1 minute 11mph sprint and 2 minutes of a 7mph jog. Then I finish up with a 5 minute walking cool down.

So yeah, looks like HIIT it is.

Oh and I have given my body a break from cardio and HIIT for the last two weeks. Can't stand seeing my ab definition get cluttered by a layer of fat so it's time to go in there and take it out.

Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big Sexy J has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do conditioning work that will help your lifting. Such as sled pulling, tire flipping, etc.
    All Time WR Squat: 785 @ 220 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GtHNRdHeM
    Powerlifting Coach At Complete Human Performance (www.completehumanperformance.com)
    WongStwongTraining@gmail.com

VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAstdnt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd go with HIIT. It'll save you some time too

THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    when i tried to bulk for the first time i would do cardio 4 times a week for 30-40 min and it took forever...

My 2nd attemp i just incorporated HIIT training for 20-25 min 3-4 times a week and now im 190

jburd0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jburd0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jburd0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jburd0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jburd0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jburd0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jburd0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jburd0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jburd0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jburd0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jburd0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    other than the 2mins of warmup, i dont do any cardio in the gym while bulking. i get enough HIIT in the bedroom. gaining fat on a bulk should be expected. thats why i think its a good idea to get 5 lbs over your target weight on your bulk, then switch to a cutting routine which incorporates HIIT cardio. but to each his own i guess.