Registered User willywonkahunglo's Avatar
    willywonkahunglo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just out of curiosity...

I know im starting late here and im new to the boards, but Im just curious what do you think the effects of eating only, oatmeal twice a day, protein shakes in between and chicken/steak for dinner? Im not big into gaining muscle, just looking to lose the fat...let me know how crazy I am, thanks.

Tel0004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tel0004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tel0004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tel0004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tel0004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tel0004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tel0004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tel0004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tel0004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tel0004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tel0004 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Its not nearly enough calories, so you will loose weight, but its not healthy, and it is really lacking in most vitamins. YOu will also loose a lot of musle, which even if you don'g care about getting big, keeping musle is important, since it burns calories 24/7.

To loose weight and keep it off, Its important to develop a new way of life. If you learn to make healthy choices, you can loose the weight and keep it off for good. If you crash diet, you have learned nothing, and will probably put the weight back on when you quit the diet.

How much do you weigh/ and what is your height. The diet you listed is 1000 calories, I think you probably need a minimum of 2500 calories, but without your stats I can't give you an answer.
    Last edited by Tel0004; 04-26-2009 at 09:54 AM.

cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cablespy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tel0004 View Post
    Its not nearly enough calories, so you will loose weight, but its not healthy, and it is really lacking in most vitamins. YOu will also loose a lot of musle, which even if you don'g care about getting big, keeping musle is important, since it burns calories 24/7.

To loose weight and keep it off, Its important to develop a new way of life. If you learn to make healthy choices, you can loose the weight and keep it off for good. If you crash diet, you have learned nothing, and will probably put the weight back on when you quit the diet.
    what he said. it's a lifestyle.

you can't just eat oatmeal and shakes for the rest of your life.
    Weight loss is more of a mental exercise than a physical one
    -
    Don't take the whole thing too serious. It's better to not care about it so much. See it more as being the coach of another person, rather than yourself.

htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50) htes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I eat oatmeal 2xday with almonds or sunflower seeds.
    It's a solid start on a cleaner diet.
    Try for more than 3 meals a day. You never want to feel hungry because it may trigger overeating aswell as put you into a catabolic state.
    I eat the oats and maintain the muscle.
    As long as your caloric intake is right you should feel great.

Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Cool Drop shake and mix cooked oatmeal + whey powder for flavor!~

Originally Posted by willywonkahunglo View Post
    I know im starting late here and im new to the boards, but Im just curious what do you think the effects of eating only, oatmeal twice a day, protein shakes in between and chicken/steak for dinner? Im not big into gaining muscle, just looking to lose the fat...let me know how crazy I am, thanks.
    I can see simuarity to my own deficit diet.

Big differences
    Your missing fruits, vegetables, and EFA (essential fatty acid). These 3 nutrient provide your body with vitamin to work properly and fills you up longer with fiber.

Whatever vitamins that you can't get out of food, can be through pills, but I recommend getting them through food first

mikeraw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeraw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    That seems like a dangerously low diet as far as calories and minerals go. I am on a cutting diet right now, and am still eating 800 more calories than you. Like someone else said in this post, it is all about creating a lifestyle. You are not going to be able to eat just oatmeal and shakes for the rest of your life. While those are good things to have in your diet, you need other things. Try mixing in some vegetables, sweet potatoes, broccolii, asparagus, etc. Try some more fruits, apples bananas etc. Go for some more EFAS, maybe some flax oil or CLA or omega 3's. Just go for something you can incorporate into your everyday diet and make it fun. It doesn't seem you have a clear cut goal other than to lose weight, so if it isn't fun, you will lose interest. Trust me. If I didn't have a competiton sept 5th I would already be bored with this diet and it's only been 3 weeks haha.. Good luck tho!
    Go all out bro!
    Team B.Y.B Better Your Best