Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Upper/inner Forearm (around Brachioradialis) muscle pain

Hey guys, I've been training for about 5 years, but as of recent I've started to encounter some pain in the upper forearm (around the brachioradialis muscle). Here's a link to where the muscle is:
    http://www.forearmstrength.com/forea...f-ps008006.jpg

At first I thought it was tendinitis, but I've never heard of tendinitis targetting the inner part of your forearm, more so the elbow region etc.

The pain is not there at rest, and in fact it only presents itself when I contract my forearm muscle right at the top of a bicep curl (ie. when the front of your palm is almost touching the front of your delt).

The pain is sharp, same sort of pain as when you do a rotator (I've done mine a couple of times). Any idea what the hell this could be? I wish I had an MRI machine heh.
    "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but no body wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie

bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think I have the same thing....curls are fine for the bottom half. It really hurts when im kicking up the dumbells for incline presses. MRI was clean. Did ART did nothing for it. Did cortisone injection and 2 months off did nothing for it. Now im trying accupuncture and I dont think its working. No one is really sure but the DR. thinks its nerve entrapment somewhere it almost seems like the nerve is getting crushed on end range of the curl and causing ALOT of pain...it even radiates to the shoulder and forearm.

chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chrisaus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sounds the same, except mine is just annoying rather than a horrific pain. I don't think mine is nerve related, the pain is isolated to the part of the forearm which I explained above. If it was a nerve I'd probably feel it in other parts of my forearm.
    "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but no body wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie

bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thats how mine started too...im interested to see how yours pans out.

funny injury too, I cant pick up a 15kg dumbell but I can do chinups with 30kg on the belt.. oh well..

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well you've been around the weights to know that you should just plain and simply put ''give it 2 weeks to heal''.
    You probably know that but by the sound of things you have been overworking this synergist muscle much to frequently.
    If not better in 2 weeks come back and ask.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omnigod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've got the same thing. I can ignore it for curls, but side laterals are murder.

I took three weeks off where it seemed to heal, only for it to return on resumption.

It's been five months now and a major pain in the arse.

Any ideas????

Does it hurt more at the bottom of the curl or the end of the curl and where does it hurt?

Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    Well you've been around the weights to know that you should just plain and simply put ''give it 2 weeks to heal''.
    You probably know that but by the sound of things you have been overworking this synergist muscle much to frequently.
    If not better in 2 weeks come back and ask.
    I wasn't asking "whether I should take time off", I am curious to know exactly the injury is related to (nerve, tendon, muscle etc.). I know that time off is the main healer of all injuries (sometimes with the aid of medications to speed up recovery times ).

Originally Posted by Omnigod View Post
    I've got the same thing. I can ignore it for curls, but side laterals are murder.

I took three weeks off where it seemed to heal, only for it to return on resumption.

It's been five months now and a major pain in the arse.

Any ideas????
    Interesting..

Originally Posted by bigballin6161 View Post
    Does it hurt more at the bottom of the curl or the end of the curl and where does it hurt?
    Only at the top, I can partial rep curl >50kg with no problem (ie. come half way up), which is a complete waste of time, I'm just trying to give you an idea of where the pain is.

My pain started about 2 inches down the forearm from where they take blood...now its kinda all over the place. My reasoning is that if it was muscle injury dont u think it should hurt throught the full rom of the curl? especially if you load the weight up. I can partial curl alot of weight with no pain either...Can you fully flex your bicep hard with no pain and the same amount of intensity?

I can flex my bicep but I do feel it niggle when my palm is closer to my shoulder (ie. a double back bi pose).. I suspect its a ligament strain or something..

flipper101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipper101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipper101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipper101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipper101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipper101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipper101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have the same problem..what helps me is to curl my wirst in when im finishing my curl.but i know the pain really sux

if its a ligament strain, pretty much nothing will help it but rest. When I did my rotators a few years ago I saw doctors, tried anti-inflams, heating gels, stretching and absolutely nothing healed them but total rest.

Ligaments are a real pain in the arse to recover when you damage them.

What ligaments you think are injured? Tendons maybe...

http://www.uptodateol.com/online/con..._ligaments.jpg

Any one of those heh, but I suspect it's the annular ligament which has been slightly damaged.

Had another doc look at it today and it seemed like he really knew his stuff...he said it was bursitis...makes sense it gets squeezed then causes pain.

abeauchamp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same problem, I've done ART this week for the first time. didn't really seem to help. Honestly i have not done back or bi's in 2 months and it won't go away.

KKRake will become famous soon enough. (+50) KKRake will become famous soon enough. (+50) KKRake will become famous soon enough. (+50) KKRake will become famous soon enough. (+50) KKRake will become famous soon enough. (+50) KKRake will become famous soon enough. (+50) KKRake will become famous soon enough. (+50) KKRake will become famous soon enough. (+50) KKRake will become famous soon enough. (+50) KKRake will become famous soon enough. (+50) KKRake will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump

ccs1676 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Same problem here. I think it's my left brach. Might have over-exerted myself on some t-bar rows. It's been bothering me for over a week now. Same thing happened with my right arm a number of months back. I think it took over a month to fully heal. Hoping the left will heal sooner. But I am getting the same pain, when kicking db's up to do incline or military press. Uprows are too painful I learned today. A little pain when doing curls, but manageable. Anyways, hope everyone is healed by now...

BRayThriz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It looks like I'm not alone with this terrible injury. I've been dealing with chronic pain in my arms for four years now (I'm only 25, man!) and I'm almost certain it's related to my brachioradiali (can I pluralize that word?). The pain goes pretty deep, too. The only thing that gets rid of said pain is if I do literally no lifting of any sort that would require ANY flexion of the biceps. I'll go four months or so without lifting a finger, then slowly ease back into training, but after a month or two, the pain comes right back and snowballs over a couple days until I can't even lift a cup of water to my mouth without feeling it.

What in the flying fats do I need to do, broskies? Lock myself away for a year and do absolutely no sports, lifting, motion, activities that would aggravate it? It's so frustrating, I'm seriously to the point where I'm thinking it would just be easier to accept that my arms are irrevocably busted and consign myself to a lifetime of gluttony and worthlessness (picture Jabba the Hutt). Do you guys have any advice?

Thanks.

LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuWellness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It could be a lot of things, a little more detail on where it is might help.

A way to help rule-out tendonitis is to perform an isometric contraction of the specific muscle. From the sounds of it, it's one of your wrist extensors. Have your elbow straight, make a fist, and extend your wrist (bring your wrist towards your shoulder), with the other hand, apply some pressure while extending your wrist to your shoulder. If there's dull, achy pain, it may be a case of Tendonitis.

Wobzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

I realize this thread was started a while ago, but I've just started experiencing the same issue.

- pain; localized, top / interior brachioradialis approx 2" in from elbow.
    - frequency; non resting, during flexion subjected to any kind of opposing force / resistance.
    - sensation; almost dull, but severe corked / bruised feeling. not sharp or burning.

The injury was caused by repetitive strain;
    - continually holding my newborn in the same position.

As she got heavier and my arm became more strained, i began feeling the pain.
    With increased use i now cannot do things like close the car door or pick things up.

I feel my doctor has misdiagnosed the issue as tennis elbow;
    - in an unrelated injury i have experienced this.
    - it is in the wrong area and it is not the same sensation.

Also reading above regarding nerve entrapment;
    - due to other unrelated injury i have undergone ulnar nerve release surgery.
    - i have experienced nerve entrapment, this is not nerve related.
    The guy with radiating pain throughout the arm may well have a nerve injury, i know i don't though.

Thats about as much info as i can think to provide.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

NB; have not trained during the time since my daughter was born.
    No heavy lifting of any kind has contributed to my current condition.
    Last edited by Wobzy; 11-08-2013 at 01:48 PM.

helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpfit101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Wobzy View Post
    I realize this thread was started a while ago, but I've just started experiencing the same issue.

*snip*

*snip*
    Don't hold your newborn in that position anymore. Additionally avoid any and all activities that cause pain.

CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100)

Brachioradialis injury

Originally Posted by bigballin6161 View Post
    I think I have the same thing....curls are fine for the bottom half. It really hurts when im kicking up the dumbells for incline presses. MRI was clean. Did ART did nothing for it. Did cortisone injection and 2 months off did nothing for it. Now im trying accupuncture and I dont think its working. No one is really sure but the DR. thinks its nerve entrapment somewhere it almost seems like the nerve is getting crushed on end range of the curl and causing ALOT of pain...it even radiates to the shoulder and forearm.

What ended up happening with your injury? How long were you out.

I seem to be in the same boat now. Rested for 2 weeks, nothing. Went to Doctor and got x-rays and cortisone pills, it has been two weeks and can still feel slight pain. I go back in the morning, but I feel it will be more trial and error. Any lift irritates it.

Any suggestions that ended up curing you?

CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100) CollinR7 is not very well liked. (-100)
    bump

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would try fricton massage and trigger point therapy. If that doesnt work, I recommend finding a great art therapist.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

KingZeke2457 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been dealing with similar issues for about 6 months. I have taken up to 5 weeks off. Honestly, it did very little to help me. I ice, stretch and massage the area. But once I start lifting it comes right back. Curls hurt, row motions seem to really trigger it. Pain starts in the brachioradial on the right arm and seems to move into the elbow. The elbow pain, is more that it feels tight to bend. Pulls ups have become difficult too. I have been trying all I can to research this, even met with a neighbor who works as a Physical Therapist for one of the better Athletic Specialty Hospitals, he thought it was a distal bicep tendonitis. His stretches and exercises haven't helped at all. It is frustrating, as I can't seem to do half the weight I was able to do it really puts a damper on my workouts.

ForearmStrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Forearm Pain

Wobzy,

What's the update on your forearm pain? After extended periods of holding an infant in a baby carrier, I have also developed a nagging pain in the upper-inside section of my forearm. It's fine when in rest, but hurts when I do anything strenuous. I've given it 2.5 months off from any athletic activity and it hasn't healed. Any insights you can share would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Wobzy View Post

- pain; localized, top / interior brachioradialis approx 2" in from elbow.
    - frequency; non resting, during flexion subjected to any kind of opposing force / resistance.
    - sensation; almost dull, but severe corked / bruised feeling. not sharp or burning.

As she got heavier and my arm became more strained, i began feeling the pain.
    With increased use i now cannot do things like close the car door or pick things up.

I feel my doctor has misdiagnosed the issue as tennis elbow;
    - in an unrelated injury i have experienced this.
    - it is in the wrong area and it is not the same sensation.

Also reading above regarding nerve entrapment;
    - due to other unrelated injury i have undergone ulnar nerve release surgery.
    - i have experienced nerve entrapment, this is not nerve related.
    The guy with radiating pain throughout the arm may well have a nerve injury, i know i don't though.

Thats about as much info as i can think to provide.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

NB; have not trained during the time since my daughter was born.
    No heavy lifting of any kind has contributed to my current condition.

Gooch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gooch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gooch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gooch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gooch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gooch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gooch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gooch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gooch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gooch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gooch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ForearmStrain View Post
    Wobzy,

What's the update on your forearm pain? After extended periods of holding an infant in a baby carrier, I have also developed a nagging pain in the upper-inside section of my forearm. It's fine when in rest, but hurts when I do anything strenuous. I've given it 2.5 months off from any athletic activity and it hasn't healed. Any insights you can share would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Bumping this thread as I've had the same issue for about 4 months now. The most rest i gave my upper body was 10 days and that seemed to make it worse as I was not getting enough blood flowing through.

Any new updates on how people have healed. I'm thinking to take at least two weeks off all upper body, but still do my ART therapy once a week and also I've read to do very light curls, 2 sets of 20, every day.

Thanks!

alam906 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Forearm pain when contracting arm

Bump.

I don't really post much, but I am experiencing the same issue. Want to see any of you experienced folks ever found a remedy?

I can go through my day to day no problem. It hurts when I'm contracting my arm, like the upper end of the curl motion. The closer I get my forearm to my upper arm, the more painful.

Doesn't feel like joint issue. Just got back into lifting 3 months strong. This stopped my progress. Took 3 weeks off my upper body already, still feels the same.