JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JB12182 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Possible Rhomboid Strain

I have pain in my upper back just to left of my spine and to the right of my shoulder blade. It feels like a terrible knot and hurts when I take a deep breath. It also hurts when I arch my back and when I bend over to pick something up. I believe this is a rhomboid strain, due to the fact I looked up my symptoms online and I had a perfect match for a rhomboid strain. Anyone have this before, how long did it take you to recover (i'm in my third week) and what did you do to alleviate pain? Thanks

kmc1444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmc1444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmc1444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmc1444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmc1444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmc1444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmc1444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmc1444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmc1444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmc1444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmc1444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been dealing with a Rhomboid injury from tennis for 2 years now and I think I have FINALLY FOUND THE SOLUTIONS...which you need to try if everything else has FAILED, meaning these did NOT work ( rest, ice, PT, muscle relaxers, anti inflammatory medication, Cortisone injections, massage, chiropractor, acupuncture, etc)

Here are the BEST/MOST EFFECTIVE Rhomboid therapies:

1) Buy a Saddle chair - Especially if you sit all day at work on in school. You can find them on Amazon.com. It will help with your posture by bringing your shoulders & your neck back to take pressure off your rhomboid.

2) Sleep on your BACK- with a piece of FOAM cut out to fit underneath your UPPER BACK to support your Rhomboid. Then elevate your legs by putting pillows or a bolster under your knees. This position will allow your rhomboid to heal at night & will be the most comfortable position to rest in.

3) Find a Sports medicine Doctor- These are the ONLY types of doctors that MIGHT have seen a Rhomboid tear in their entire career, its very rare for even sports medicine doctors to have seen or treated it, So make sure you call around and see if you can find one who has treated a Rhomboid injury before, or just specializes in soft tissue & muscle injuries) Also, the best way to image the Rhomboid is by Ultra sound, so try to find a sports medicine doctor who uses an Ultra Sound machine to diagnose if you have a tear.

3) S3 POSTURAL BRACE- Ask the sports medicine doctor to prescribe you a "S3 POSTURAL BRACE" this is brace that is made to help stabilize your Scapula so your Rhomboid can stabilize and heal. The reason Rhomboid injuries take forever to heal is because they are almost impossible to immobilize, but this brace is a total break through and will help tremendously.Google it to read more about it. You can just order them online as well, but they are around $400.

4) Neural Prolotherapy- Find a sports medicine doctor who performs "neural Prolotherapy" and or "Prolotherapy". These are new injections that will eliminate pain & induce the injury to actually heal. google Neural Prolotherapy & traditional prolotherapy and read up about what the injections do exactly. They are NOT cortisone injections, which if you do have a real Rhomboid injury, cortisone injections wont work because there is barely any inflammation when it is injured because the Rhomboid muscle lacks blood supply.

5) Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections- If the Neural prolo injections did not work then the sports medicine doctor can do PRP injections. Google PRP and read up about it as well. PRP, along with Prolotherapy, is a break through therapy that professional athletes use all the time and the results are amazing.
    Originally Posted by JB12182 View Post
    I have pain in my upper back just to left of my spine and to the right of my shoulder blade. It feels like a terrible knot and hurts when I take a deep breath. It also hurts when I arch my back and when I bend over to pick something up. I believe this is a rhomboid strain, due to the fact I looked up my symptoms online and I had a perfect match for a rhomboid strain. Anyone have this before, how long did it take you to recover (i'm in my third week) and what did you do to alleviate pain? Thanks