Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How many calories should I be taking on a non-lifting day?

I take 3,000 to 3,500 on my lifting days, for this bulking phase, but how much should I be consuming on a recovery/off day? I don't want to gain too much fat.
    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Keep it the same.

RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000)
    I rarely say this but honestly.......the site has a search function for a reason.

This question is posted SO often.

Don't be lazy.
    Just livin' the dream...

Make me lift heavy! My workout journal! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=541721083#post541721083

Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jackalhead has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    RandyJH-
    That's nice. Well the search function isn't returning any related results.

I searched for the 'How many calories on non-work out day' and I have no idea which ones contain the answer. "Quest for a Massive Chest", "Ironwill2008" and "Beached Whale Chronicles" don't sound like they have anything to do with my question.

So if you're not going to post helpful information, please stop posting in my threads. This is called a community and there are bound to be some repeat questions.

Vietgoboi- Thank you for the answer.

Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Me too I'll say keep it the same cauz it's on off days that you are building muscle
    If you have a spare called Determination an engine called Perseverance, Insurance called faith a driver called Jesus you will make it to a place called succes

RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000) RandyJH is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jackalhead View Post
    RandyJH-
    That's nice. Well the search function isn't returning any related results.

I searched for the 'How many calories on non-work out day' and I have no idea which ones contain the answer. "Quest for a Massive Chest", "Ironwill2008" and "Beached Whale Chronicles" don't sound like they have anything to do with my question.

So if you're not going to post helpful information, please stop posting in my threads. This is called a community and there are bound to be some repeat questions.

Vietgoboi- Thank you for the answer.

Actually that is helpful information, I was making you aware of the search function....how am I to know that you know it existed?

Of course there are bound to be repeat questions.

And the answer to your question is this.

Determine your maintence caloric intake for that day, and add 300-500 calories to that, that's the amount you'll need to grow.

I'm assuming you have already done this previously for your bulk, so make things easier and just eat the same.
    Just livin' the dream...

Make me lift heavy! My workout journal! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=541721083#post541721083

Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I keep it the same generally, but I use more protien on workout days than non.

Slowly getting bigger!! dkemano42's Avatar
    dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jackalhead View Post
    I take 3,000 to 3,500 on my lifting days, for this bulking phase, but how much should I be consuming on a recovery/off day? I don't want to gain too much fat.
    Hey,

I have found that staying above maint on off days, but not as high as workout days is best for helping keep the fat off during a bulk. So if you are doing 3500 on wo days I would do 3000 to 3200 on the off days.

DK
    "After all is said and done, a lot more will have been said than done will have been done!"

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good on you for at least having a search, i had a similar question a while back and couldnt find the answer i wanted.
    I usually keep my daily calories at 3,750-3,900 a day but if i deadlift or squat a certain day then i will take in another 400 calories or so! Just due to the expenditure of the exercise, same goes when i finish a game of football.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awesome, thank you all for your answers and suggestions. I read over all of them and will take your advice. Thanks again.