toptalent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why can't I feel the soreness after ab workout?

After a heavy workout session my arms etc all feel the fatigue, but not the abs. During the workout I could feel it, to the point where I maxed them out and could do no more reps. I also tried adding resistance weight (those crunch machines in gym) but it seems I could only take so much without being forced to stress other body parts such as waist.

Then after like 20 minutes the abs just don't feel that soreness any more while the arms can feel it for easily a couple of days. Is this normal? I really want to improve my abs but it seems I'm stuck here.

Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Soreness generally only happens in the beginning due to lack of warm up, stretching, bad form, lack of endurance, or your body just has not adapted yet.

It is in no way an indicator of if you have worked out enough or not. Since a lot of exercises workout your abs anyways (they stabilize your body even when you are simply walking) they are already used to some stress and have adapted. For the first little while when you hit them really hard they may be sore the next day or two. But it won't last for long.
    Last edited by Slie; 04-24-2009 at 07:35 PM.

BeanCoffee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want to be more sore, concentrate more on the eccentric part of the lift. and if you've been doing mostly the same exercises, do something different and change things up