Thread: max ot help

infernojmd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

max ot help

hey guys,
    i been doing the max ot routine for the past 3 months or so. im on my 4th week of the session. For example, when i do some of the workouts, i cant complete the weight on 6 reps, but the previous week i did 6 fine. the current week i have difficultly completing the 6 reps increased by 5lbs.
    is it a bad thing when you come to failure on exercises and not able to complete were you should be. i am going to have to drop weight by maybe 5 or 10lbs. Any tips or advice? thanks

Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joelift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by infernojmd View Post
    hey guys,
    i been doing the max ot routine for the past 3 months or so. im on my 4th week of the session. For example, when i do some of the workouts, i cant complete the weight on 6 reps, but the previous week i did 6 fine. the current week i have difficultly completing the 6 reps increased by 5lbs.
    is it a bad thing when you come to failure on exercises and not able to complete were you should be. i am going to have to drop weight by maybe 5 or 10lbs. Any tips or advice? thanks

They give you a rep range of 4-6. That is a "range" of acceptable reps. If you go six reps for two/three sets, then up your weight. The next week you will be able to do less than six reps. That's ok.

The idea is to build up to reaching six reps again and, like before, increase the weight.

BeanCoffee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you cant really expect to go up 5lbs every week, unless you started off at a light weight. It's not a bad thing if you can't completely get all the reps, as long as your getting most of them. I wouldn't go down any weight, maybe just don't move up next week and stay were you are and see how it goes.

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    On the routine I'm on now I always go up in weight or reps. I have Micro weights which I made using penny's and cloth. 180 penny's after 1982= 1 pound, lol. I got the idea from a post on this forum. I use 90 per side so i always add at least a pound. It works very well. I have been going NTF so far on my workouts and after about 6 weeks ill start hitting failure on the workouts for another week or two and then take a little break. I know I will have broken all my PR's because the program has worked very well so far.