Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

anyone here ever pop a blood vessel in your brain?

Monday was leg day. I was pushing up around 900 lbs or so for 12 reps.
    I guess I wasn't breathing.

Around rep number 8 I got an immediate head ache.. Huge.
    Put me down and I had to stop for 10 minutes.

Now, the rest of the week, every time I lift heavy, and strain, breathing or not, I get a huge dibilitating head ache..
    anyone else ever had this happen?

brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50) brava will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    a popped blood vesel on your brain is a serious emergency issue...I do not think you would still be here posting on the forum should you had a popped blood vesel...

However, go and check with your doc the reasons for your head aches...I suspect it is high blood pressure though???

Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Autino View Post
    Monday was leg day. I was pushing up around 900 lbs or so for 12 reps.
    I guess I wasn't breathing.

Around rep number 8 I got an immediate head ache.. Huge.
    Put me down and I had to stop for 10 minutes.

Now, the rest of the week, every time I lift heavy, and strain, breathing or not, I get a huge dibilitating head ache..
    anyone else ever had this happen?
    This thread might help...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post314531301

Went through that about 2 weeks ago. you might need to take it easy for a week. The day after I did basically the same thing I tried to do 1 set of calves, and had to go home. I took a full week off and came back able to complete a workout, albeit carefully.

Out of curiosity, where in or on your head is the pain? Please describe the feeling a little more.

Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Autino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by sincerelyryan View Post
    This thread might help...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post314531301

Went through that about 2 weeks ago. you might need to take it easy for a week. The day after I did basically the same thing I tried to do 1 set of calves, and had to go home. I took a full week off and came back able to complete a workout, albeit carefully.

Out of curiosity, where in or on your head is the pain? Please describe the feeling a little more.

Thanks for the link
    The pain goes from my front left lobe just above my eye ball, back towards the back of my head.. Maybe about 2 inches under my scalp

Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Autino, instead of asking opinions of us as if we know what the heck is going on in your brain regarding a potentially dangerous medical condition I would suggest that you use good judgement and have yourself checked out by a doctor.

Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr. Tripeps is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Autino View Post
    Thanks for the link
    The pain goes from my front left lobe just above my eye ball, back towards the back of my head.. Maybe about 2 inches under my scalp
    Mine was always left side of the back of my head, at the base of my skull. If it keeps recurring after time off ABSOLUTELY get it checked out. You might still want to get it checked out to rule out any serious medical problems, as suggested by previous posters. Chances are, it is a benign exertion headache, but who wants to take those chances?

melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Realistically it's unlikely to be any form of intracranial bleed. The most common is a subarachnoid haemorrhage, but this is usually SEVERE thunderclap headache that doesn't go away, and focal neurological signs.

Go and get yourself checked out if you are really worried, but it's most like an exertion headache, or some form of exercise induced migraine.
    The first rule of cheat club is you do not talk about cheat club. The second rule of cheat club is you DO NOT talk about cheat club. Third rule of cheat cub, someone yells stop!, goes limp, taps out, the cheat is over. Fourth rule, one cheat at a time, fellas. Fifth rule, cheats will go on as long as they have to. And the sixth and final rule, if this is your first night at cheat club, you have to cheat.

Join us...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=267863

Bama67 is just really nice. (+1000) Bama67 is just really nice. (+1000) Bama67 is just really nice. (+1000) Bama67 is just really nice. (+1000) Bama67 is just really nice. (+1000) Bama67 is just really nice. (+1000) Bama67 is just really nice. (+1000) Bama67 is just really nice. (+1000) Bama67 is just really nice. (+1000) Bama67 is just really nice. (+1000) Bama67 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sincerelyryan View Post
    Mine was always left side of the back of my head, at the base of my skull. If it keeps recurring after time off ABSOLUTELY get it checked out. You might still want to get it checked out to rule out any serious medical problems, as suggested by previous posters. Chances are, it is a benign exertion headache, but who wants to take those chances?
    Whoa! That exact thing happened to me, in the exact same spot, left side, back, at the very base of my skull where my neck starts. I mine hit me deadlifting, the most intense throbbing pain ever. I went home for like an hour, then drove to the Emergency room. They never did figure out what happened. But for I couldn't do anything for a week, it always hurt, and probably couldn't lift, or have sex for a month without the throbbing coming back. That was two years ago, and even now if I don't breathe while I lift heavy I can feel the pressure in the same spot.

yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Especially when it comes to the head, get it checked out. It could be a precursor to more severe problems like aneurysm or stroke. Best be safe!!!

bestmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bama67 View Post
    Whoa! That exact thing happened to me ... even now if I don't breathe while I lift heavy I can feel the pressure in the same spot.
    I'm sorry for replying to an old thread, but I just signed up here because this thread is exactly what I recently experienced 4 days ago.

4 days ago, I was doing pull-ups and I was on the last rep of my set, and I was straining pretty hard.

I think something popped in the left side of my head. The most severe headache ever. I could feel it pulsing with pain on every heart beat.

Well the intense pain only lasted a few minutes, after about an hour there was pretty much no pain at all.

I assumed because I wasn't breathing while straining, that I perhaps blew some air into my sinuses or something.

Next day, I focused on breathing properly while lifting, and for the most part it worked (meaning I did not get pain, so long as I breathed properly on each rep).

However, even when breathing properly, I can feel the pain start to creep up, and I have to stop my set before I reach the failure rep.

Last night I experienced pain even while breathing properly, and then even worse... I started seeing flickering spots of color in my eyes and I could not focus on anything I tried to look at.

Today I visited a Neurologist and he told me to stop working out immediately and he wrote me an prescription for an MRI and MRA of my brain. I scheduled an appointment at the imaging center for Monday. After I get the results, I will write back here with any additional insight I find out.

bestmatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just a follow-up: Based on my description of a huge sudden headache, blurry vision, and flickering color spots, the neurologist initially thought that I may have had a strain-induced aneurism.

However, the results of a CT scan showed no visible bleeding in the brain, and the MRI and MRA scans showed no sign of blood vessel damage or hemorrhage. He also gave me a Doppler test to analyze the actual blood flow in real-time to rule out the possibility of a clot. There was none.

He said that you CAN give yourself an aneurism if you strain too hard, and that lifters should NEVER go to failure.

After two full weeks of rest, I resumed working out, but lightly and focusing on proper breathing. Everything feels OK so far, but since I never found out the cause of the injury, I want to go light for a few weeks. I'm only going to work out 3 days a week with plenty of rest and see how I feel.

Stressing or popping a blood vessel in the brain is a very serious injury, which could lead to death. People who die from aneurisms report the same symptoms. I'm lucky that there seems to have been no permanent damage, and I don't want to exacerbate anything.

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not that I know of. Ive gone super intense though on legs and leg press. I know a guy , whos a top amature, pass out on the leg press. he has also bleed from his head, where his head is, hes shown picture of it.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en