corygoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corygoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corygoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corygoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corygoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corygoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corygoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) corygoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best place for a Personal Trainer to work at?

What do you guys think are the best places to work at for a personal trainer. In my opinion it's best if you have a private studio with your own clients, but not to many trainer can get this. Probably second would be places like community center's or ymca's. You get paid even when your not training. Its not as much though, but something is better than nothing. What do you guys think are good places to work at the big chains like gold's gym, liftime, bally's, LA fitness, 24 hr fitness, ETC. ? and why?

jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    own studio ftmfw

I didn't hear no bell! Rap_Rocky's Avatar
    Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Private club, a hospital or physical therapist clinic (granted you have the credentials).
    I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    I'm not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.

Whats good for lower abs? kserajuddin's Avatar
    kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by corygoose View Post
    What do you guys think are the best places to work at for a personal trainer. In my opinion it's best if you have a private studio with your own clients, but not to many trainer can get this. Probably second would be places like community center's or ymca's. You get paid even when your not training. Its not as much though, but something is better than nothing. What do you guys think are good places to work at the big chains like gold's gym, liftime, bally's, LA fitness, 24 hr fitness, ETC. ? and why?
    I couldn't help but notice your post - The best way I can really answer this questions is to send you to a link where we go into this debate pretty in depth -
    Pretty much, these places are notorious for underpaying their trainers and making them work long hours while forcing you to deal with crappy management -

It's kind of a "pick your poison" - Here's the article:

http://super-trainer.com/welcome-to-...orror-stories/
    "Do what you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" - either Confucius or the Dalai Lama - I get them confused -

flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would go to a place that has the most people, that way you might have more clients. There are also private studios that are more one and one that have a higher payout. Once you have some experience you can always apply to become a wellness coordinator at a place of business and make some real ca$h.

mikeraw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeraw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well you have to have experience to work in a studio, so without that, or some awesome credentials, you aren't gonna land that gig. My best bet to you would be to maybe start in a chain and gain some experience for a few months, get a client background that loves you, and then maybe at that point have the credentials to move into a studio, especially if you can tell the owner you will be bringing in your own clients. Chains do NOT care about their employees, they do NOT pay very well, and you are very expendable. But you gotta start somewhere. Hope this helps.
    Go all out bro!
    Team B.Y.B Better Your Best

unauthorized is on a distinguished road. (+10) unauthorized is on a distinguished road. (+10) unauthorized is on a distinguished road. (+10) unauthorized is on a distinguished road. (+10) unauthorized is on a distinguished road. (+10) unauthorized is on a distinguished road. (+10) unauthorized is on a distinguished road. (+10) unauthorized is on a distinguished road. (+10) unauthorized is on a distinguished road. (+10) unauthorized is on a distinguished road. (+10) unauthorized is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your own studio
    On the lookout for some good steroids/ph's

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mikeraw View Post
    Well you have to have experience to work in a studio, so without that, or some awesome credentials, you aren't gonna land that gig. My best bet to you would be to maybe start in a chain and gain some experience for a few months, get a client background that loves you, and then maybe at that point have the credentials to move into a studio, especially if you can tell the owner you will be bringing in your own clients. Chains do NOT care about their employees, they do NOT pay very well, and you are very expendable. But you gotta start somewhere. Hope this helps.

This is exactly 100% what I was going to say.

Starting at a studio as the first gig as a personal trainer will cause you to miss out a tremendous learning experience.

Working at a corporate gym you will be hand-fed clients without having to sell training sessions to them. This will allow you to build a clientele w/out knowing jack about selling personal training.

You will soon learn how to effectively sell your training by selling yourself and what you can do for your potential clients.

Over time you will definitely start hating the corporate gym, but you will have gone through a valuable learning experience which will help you create a fabulous service for your clients and have a long successful career as a private studio or in home personal trainer which are the 2 best places to train at if you already have experience and some cred.
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by askthetrainer View Post
    This is exactly 100% what I was going to say.

Starting at a studio as the first gig as a personal trainer will cause you to miss out a tremendous learning experience.

Working at a corporate gym you will be hand-fed clients without having to sell training sessions to them. This will allow you to build a clientele w/out knowing jack about selling personal training.

You will soon learn how to effectively sell your training by selling yourself and what you can do for your potential clients.

Over time you will definitely start hating the corporate gym, but you will have gone through a valuable learning experience which will help you create a fabulous service for your clients and have a long successful career as a private studio or in home personal trainer which are the 2 best places to train at if you already have experience and some cred.

yeah i agree with this. for a trainer brand new to the industry, working in a bigger gym should be a no brainer.

But in general, the best place for an established trainer in a private studio

ChrisTurk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisTurk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisTurk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisTurk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisTurk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisTurk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisTurk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisTurk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisTurk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisTurk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisTurk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd say mobile pt is best, obviously i'm somewhat biased as its what i do.

I worked in a studio in the past, I found the environment monotonous. Plus living in Perth the weather is really good for 9 months of the year so being outside is nice. Plus I don't have to deal with co-workers etc.
    Personal Training at your home, office or local park.
    www.mobiletrainer.com.au