Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I need to bitch about something.

Last night was legs day. I usually LOVE legs day, but I was still hungover from the night before, and was pretty crabby as it was.

Hubby got off late from work, so we were late in arriving to the gym, and there were more people there than we are used to.

We both do the same routine. Last night was 4 different exercises, 4 sets of each. 1 set of each, then start again, lather, rinse, repeat. Fair enough, right?

Let me draw the picture for you here - there are 2 leg presses at the angle I use for my routine (I'm on week 5 of ten!). One has 90 lbs permanently affixed to it, the other has 400lbs permanently affixed to it. (Both are plus truck). Pretty much everyone uses the 90 lbs one.

So the leg press is my last set of the round. I head towards the machine, and some guy is on it. Fair enough, the stretch rack is pretty close to it, I figure I'll stretch a bit and keep an eye out.

So the guy is there for a loooong time.. then drapes his towel over the cushion and walks off, leaving his gym bag right there. Ok fine, maybe he's getting water.

Nope. He went off to another machine.

I wait and wait.. he comes back, does another set, then does it again.

Comes back AGAIN, and this other guy is there, and they are apparently friends. So, guy #1 starts taking a couple weights off it, and they stand on either side of it just talking.

So a few minutes later, they sort of move off to the side of it, chatting, but leaving the one guy's towel on it. It's been like 20 minutes at this point, so I go over and ask "Are you using this?"

Guy #2 gives me a dirty look and says "YES.. I'm just talking first!".. and goes back to chatting. Whatever. He gets on a couple mins later, does his thing, and starts heading towards another machine. Sees me going for the leg press, informs me that he is "still using it", getting really snarky.

I must have looked incredulous, because then he got really condescending and said "You know, many people work in something calls "SETS".. " talking to me like I was completely retarded. I raised an eyebrow, then he says - oh my god - "Well, I GUESS I can take some weight off and let you work through while I go ___"

Ok seriously. Time to paint another picture here.

Both guys are middle aged. Guy 1 has a paunch, guy 2 is scrawny- but wearing a shirt with the sleeves cut right off. Both acting like they are SOMETHING... something other than middle aged losers. Neither is anything to look at, and they're carrying on like they're accomplished bodybuilders or something, right? Quite obvious that neither are all that experienced in there, but they're all acting big, puffing their chests out, hauling around their gym bag (??).. etc. And lifting light / tons of reps. AND not even getting to 90 degrees.

HE HAD 170 LBS ON THE LEG PRESS! OMFG! I just about died when he said that! "I CAN TAKE SOME WEIGHT OFF FOR YOU!" !?!?!

Seriously, wtf. I get that I'm fat, but I have really obvious quads. I mean, you can't miss them. I don't look like a weakling, and honestly - if I were his size, I'd assume a fat chick can lift more than me. What with carrying all that weight around all the time, and all.

I was so shocked, I couldn't even manage to out snark him. I should have just gone "Oh, that's fine, I'll just go over here and use this machine!" with the 400 lbs starting weight. (It wouldn't have fit in with what I was doing at the time, though)

Seriously.
    BRING ON THE BULK!!!!

I *AM* the Juggernaut, biatches!!!

Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Euro4Ever is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh, the last set, I DID use the 400 lbs one (cause hubby was using the other, and I just wanted to be done with it).

Guy #2 saw it
    BRING ON THE BULK!!!!

HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd have had a hard time not chucking a 45 at his head.

If he is so knowledgeable about sets, then there's no reason he shouldn't have been courteous enough to let you work in yours between his.

No worries, you're losing weight - he's stuck with his pompous jackass personality regardless of what he looks like, which after reading your post, isn't all that to begin with.

I just couldn't believe he had the gall to monopolize the machines like that. I counted 3, but didn't see if he pulled that **** with the towel on the other 2.

This was at about 6pm, when the gym was really busy. Nevermind THAT fact, there are actually signs up everywhere telling people not to pull that crap. Sure, they're worded something like "don't rest on the machines between sets".. but I don't think it takes a genius to realize the spirit of that, and not take it to mean "fine, I won't rest on it.. but I'll put my towel on it and go somewhere else during PEAK TIME!"
    BRING ON THE BULK!!!!

TRANSMIGRATION is just really nice. (+1000) TRANSMIGRATION is just really nice. (+1000) TRANSMIGRATION is just really nice. (+1000) TRANSMIGRATION is just really nice. (+1000) TRANSMIGRATION is just really nice. (+1000) TRANSMIGRATION is just really nice. (+1000) TRANSMIGRATION is just really nice. (+1000) TRANSMIGRATION is just really nice. (+1000) TRANSMIGRATION is just really nice. (+1000) TRANSMIGRATION is just really nice. (+1000) TRANSMIGRATION is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Euro4Ever View Post
    I just couldn't believe he had the gall to monopolize the machines like that. I counted 3, but didn't see if he pulled that **** with the towel on the other 2.

This was at about 6pm, when the gym was really busy. Nevermind THAT fact, there are actually signs up everywhere telling people not to pull that crap. Sure, they're worded something like "don't rest on the machines between sets".. but I don't think it takes a genius to realize the spirit of that, and not take it to mean "fine, I won't rest on it.. but I'll put my towel on it and go somewhere else during PEAK TIME!"
    I would have simply said this: Pick a machine because you sir do not own this gym. If your not on it then your not using it.

I use the 2 min rule anyway. If they are gone for more then 2 mins it's mine - they can cry all they want.

Or if he says he is using the leg press go use the other machine that he is calling double time on. he will say "I am using this" You say "No, you said your using the legs press."
    Twitter Me. Diet, Cardio, Bulk, Cut, Weights, Suppliments. Advice. I love to help. WWW.TWITTER.COM/HollidayChris

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have to say, I wouldn't have waited 20 minutes. Which may be why he pulled an attitude with you. Some men like to intimidate and will pick people they think it will work with. Next time I'd tell him you were going to work in and if he gives you a hard time, go to someone who works at the gym. They should be enforcing gym policies.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

Originally Posted by erinlee01 View Post
    I have to say, I wouldn't have waited 20 minutes. Which may be why he pulled an attitude with you. Some men like to intimidate and will pick people they think it will work with. Next time I'd tell him you were going to work in and if he gives you a hard time, go to someone who works at the gym. They should be enforcing gym policies.
    I don't think guy #2 knew that I'd already been waiting for guy #1 to finish up and get the hell outta there.

I'd gone and stretched, then did the rest of the exercises in the 2nd round of sets done before this happened.
    BRING ON THE BULK!!!!

Herbalizer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Herbalizer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Herbalizer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Herbalizer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Herbalizer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Herbalizer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Herbalizer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Herbalizer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Herbalizer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Herbalizer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Herbalizer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I can't stand rude jerks like that. Especially if it's obvious that they don't know how to workout in the gym or have common courtesy.

I'll usually ask if they're still using the machine or ask if I can work in with them. They're either cool with it or it runs them off to something else. Hopefully you won't have to experience that again.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin

Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mighty Matt has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I agree. Supersetting at the gym is very selfish and inconsiderate. If I ever do supersets I am usually in the gym basically alone or working out in an area to myself. I've seen people hog the squat rack AND the leg press machine, using both supersetting. I'm like wtf man, give me something.
    “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” - Mahatma Gandhi.

☆ Mighty Matts that Appreciate pUniCepts Appreciation Crew Appreciation Crew ☆ Founder ☆

Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jrzimmer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

Euro4Ever, you should check this thread out.... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=743360 its hilarious! I seriously sat there for an hour reading all the posts. Definitely lifted up my spirits on those cruddy days when you run into @$$ holes.
    Motivation. Dedication. Inspiration. ~ Three words to live by.

There comes a point in your life when you realize
    who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will..
    So, don't worry about people from your past, there?s a reason why they didn't make it to your future.