the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

Week 199 :: How Can One Raise Their VO2 Max?

------------------------------------------------------------
    * Note: How can I win? 1. Answer all questions in the order that they are asked. 2. Go over reviews (located at the bottom of past TOTW articles) and see what was said about those that did not win. Good Luck!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

TOPIC: How Can One Raise Their VO2 Max?

For the week of: April 23rd - April 28th
    Tuesday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut (Mountain Time, US & Canada).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

VO2 max is an effective way of measuring one's aerobic fitness, but can unfortunately decrease with age.

How can one raise their VO2 Max?

How long does it take to see a good improvement in one's VO2 max?

Who would be most interested in raising their VO2 max?

Would supplements help to increase VO2 max?

* IMPORTANT: Please make sure your responses are original and not copied from previous topics.

-------------------------------------------------------------

* New Rule (beginning: June 1st, 2006): Any exercise not listed on our exercise listing (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm) must be accompanied by a full and complete description and pictures (or a link to the exercise(s) where pictures and description are given).

Thanks.

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $75 in credit to use in our online store! The other good responses will be used in an article on the main Bodybuilding.com site, with the poster's forum name listed by it. Become famous!

Thanks!
    Webmaster
    Bodybuilding.com
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Topic: How Can One Raise Their VO2 Max

What is VO2 Max?

Definition: O2 max (also maximal oxygen consumption, maximal oxygen uptake or aerobic capacity) is the maximum capacity of an individual's body to transport and utilize oxygen during incremental exercise, which reflects the physical fitness of the individual.
    This means that VO2 max is a indication of the maximum amount of oxygen one can use in one minute per kilogram of body weight. Therefore increasing your VO2 Max would be particularly useful if you wish to participate in endurance events like triathlons and marathons! However this does not mean that maintain a good VO2 is only important to endurance sports athletes. By increasing your VO2 Max, your cardiovascular ability would benefit and that would in turn translate to a healthy you.

Cyclist Lance Armstrong has VO2 max of 85 ml/kg/min

How can one increase their VO2 Max?
    To answer this question, we must first learn how to measure our VO2 Max. Luckily BB.Com already has that covered, follow the instructions given and enter the value into the calculator. Easy isn't it?

BB.com VO2 Max calculator

How do you compare?

Ways to increase VO2 MAX

1. Lose weight
    Actually, lose body fat to be exact, as losing muscle would be detrimental to your physical powess. Why would losing weight help with increasing VO2 max? As I had mentioned earlier, VO2 Max is measured as the actual maximum oxygen uptake relative to one's body weight, therefore by cutting down our body fat percentage, it would indirectly increase your VO2 Max value.

2. Do your cardio!
    Working out at an intensity that raises your heart rate to between 65 and 85% of its maximum for at least 20 minutes three to five times a week. Research has shown that consistent aerobic conditioning will increase your VO2 Max value.

3. Interval training
    French exercise physiologist Veronique Billat found that the fastest way to reach your potential is to run intervals at a speed that elicits your VO2 max. The easiest way to determine what speed you should run at is to make use of a heart rate monitor. First substract your age from 220 to determine a rough guesstimation of your maximum heart rate. Your heart rate during the VO2 Max training should be in the 90-100% range of our Maximum Heart Rate, and this level of exertion should be sustained for at least 4 to 8 minutes. Start off with 3 intervals with a set distance and slowly increase the number of intervals each week. Do this once a week, it might be tempting to jump head first to a new exercise program, but do not let over-training hamper your gains!

4. Keep pushing yourself.
    A rolling stone gathers no moss. Increase the intensity of your workouts when you feel ready. Do not let yourself stagnate! Once the workouts feel easier, ramp up the training.

A sample workout program would look like this:

Monday:
    30mins light run/cycle/swim (65-85% of Maximum Heart Rate)

Tuesday:
    Weight training

Wednesday:
    Interval training - 3 x 1km (Increase interval/distance when you see fit)

Thurday:
    Weight training

Friday:

Saturday/Sunday:
    Do something fun, but keep yourself active. Go trekking/hiking or play some sports. Or rest if you found that particular week exhausting.

It should also be noted that just increasing your VO2 Max might not necessarily translate into becoming a better endurance athlete. You should also work on increase your lactate threshold via anaerobic exercise such as High Intensity Interval Training (eg. tabata), sprinting or Renegade Training-style workouts: What is Renegade Training?

Conditioning workouts are also effective at increasing one's lactate threshold and work capacity. I have provided below a sample conditioning workout, do check out the forums for more conditioning workout ideas (Conditioning Corner)

Burpee ladder (Burpee Conditioning)
    20 Burpees
    19 Burpees
    18 Burpees
    17 Burpees
    7 Burpees
    6 Burpees
    5 Burpees

Every 4 weeks recalculate your VO2 Max to gauge your progress.

Supplements
    To cap it off and give yourself edge in this whole process look in to purchasing Millennium Sport Cordygen5 and Cordygen VO2. Two excellent cordyceps products that have received good feedback from a huge number of forum members. I myself have used both Cordygen5 and Cordgygen VO2 and found them effective in increasing my cardiovascular ability, it felt like I had an extra lung. Also the difference between the two products is that Cordygen5 is slow-release and longer lasting whereas Cordygen VO2 is fast acting and lasts for approximately 2-3 hours. Therefore I would recommend cordygen5 for your light cardio session days and Cordygen VO2 for interval and conditioning days.

From the product write-up:
    Studies suggest that cordyceps enhances ATP production, increases oxygen utilization, improves VO2 Max, increases SOD (Super Oxide Dismutase) activity, supports immune function, supports healthy kidney function, supports healthy cholesterol levels already in the normal range, and improves glucose metabolism.* One study even suggests that cordyceps may improve testosterone production in leydig cells.*
    Also, to help with recovery and to ensure you are able to put in 100% into your training check out MAN BodyOctane, one of the first products which include Beta Alanine and Citrulline Malate. Both ingredients have shown to help increase one's lactate threshold and that would mean better and more effective training sessions!

And last but not least, do consider purchasing a Heart Rate monitor! It would help you greatly in your training. There are some pretty nifty ones which are actually able to calculate your VO2 Max right off the bat. Some of them can also serve as a training log and help you gauge your progress over time!
    Heart Rate Monitors Product Guide
    Last edited by muruku; 04-26-2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Formatting and pictures!

King Of Video Reviews History in Effect's Avatar
    History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000) History in Effect is a name known to all. (+5000)

VO2 Max

Max: Let's Get it at Maximum Levels

What is your VO2 Max:

Maximum oxygen uptake (VO2max) is the standard measure of aerobic capacity and is directly related to the physical working capacity of an individual. VO2max of an individual is affected by uptake of oxygen in the lungs, extraction of oxygen from the arterial circulation by working muscles and by cardiac output.

(Source:https://issmp.jsc.nasa.gov/science/default.asp?e_id=107)

VO2 max is the beginning and the end of your aerobic capacity, but shows the potential you have to being the best athlete you can be. Also, I have read in numerous sources that your V02 max is mostly genetic. If your parents are Lance Armstrong or a cross-country skier, you are going to have a significant advantage in the beginning.

Misc Info on Athletes wit High V02 numbers:

-Lance Armstrong checks in at about 84ml/kg-/min

-Cross-country skier Bjorn Daehlie measured at an astounding 96 ml/kg/min.

-Thoroughbred horses have a VO2max of around 180 ml/kg/min

-Siberian dogs running in the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race sled race have VO2 values as high as 240 ml/kg/min

(Source:http://www.trifuel.com/training/stre...ining/vo2-what)

First, you must understand that their are limits to your V02 max other than genetics...

1)Age - Although it varies greatly by individual and training programs, in general VO2 max is the highest at age 20 and decreases nearly 30 percent by age 65.

2)Gender - Many elite female athletes have higher VO2 max values than most men. But because of differences in body size and composition, blood volume and hemoglobin content, a woman's VO2 max is in general about 20 percent lower than a man's VO2 max.

3)Altitude - Because there is less oxygen at higher altitude an athlete will generally have 5 percent decrease in VO2 max results with a 5,000 feet gain in altitude.

(Source:http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/a.../a/VO2_max.htm)

There is no magical one answer to fit all in improving V02 max. When I use to run, I would do so for 20 minutes at low-intensity. Now, I add in some high-intensity running on non-workout days. I usually run 20 minutes at the fastest pace possible and do that two times a week. It is not about how much you run, but the quality at what you run. Here are some published studies that are beneficial:

Wenger and Bell (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3...?dopt=Abstract)

1.Wenger & Bell concluded that runs performed at 90-100% of VO2max pace (abbreviated vVo2max for "velocity at VO2max") bring about the largest gains in VO2max. vVO2max is defined as the slowest pace at which one reaches one's maximum oxygen consumption; for most people, it falls somewhere between one-mile race pace and two-mile race pace/

2.Neufer(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2...?dopt=Abstract)

High VO2max can be maintained on as little as two or three workouts per week if the intensity of training is kept high. However, if the training intensity wanes, VO2max tends to decline as well.

From that, I take that running two to three days of high-intensity workouts will improve V02 max and that is very similar to what I been doing. In conclusion, I suggest you run three times a week at high-intensity and at a level that you are sweating(140+bpm).

What I do: Sample Workout

Monday-Weight Training

Tuesday- Weight Training

Wednesday- 15 to 25 minutes of high intensity(140+bpm)

Thursday-Weight Training

Friday-15 to 25 minutes of high intensity (140+bpm)

Saturday- Weight Training

Sunday- 15 to 25 minutes of high intensity (140+bpm)

It does not matter what exercise you do, but you will feel it more running on the treadmill.

I think you can raise your V02 max in about a month. I believe its like weight training. After 4 weeks, you test it out and see if you made any jumps. If not, you change the program to keep your body guessing. If you are decent athlete in the beginning, your V02 max will not see as much change as a person who V02 max is poor. For example, novice in bodybuilding experience the greatest gains for a while when they start out. This is the same for poor VO2 testers. The fitter you are, the hardest to soar to a higher level.

Anybody engaging in a sport would be interested in raising their V02 max because it is very important.I took a V02 max two weeks ago and it was higher by ten points from my last time. This translates on the basketball court to better endurance for me on the court. It takes longer for me to get out of breath and sprinting on the court is so easy. Before when playing full court, I would walk up the court. Now, I can jog up the court. No, my V02 max is where I want it to be, but that's okay. I will keep pushing myself to reach the highest level.

Long distance athletes thrive on V02 max numbers. Cyclists, marathon runners, and cross-country skiers are some of the best athletes when it comes to testing V02 maxes. They manipulate their training to make sure they are ready for anything and can last longer than other athletes.

The ones below are one that specifically that allow you to to enhance oxygen intake and not ones that give you better endurance and strength like creatine or beta-alanine.

1. Cordyceps
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cordyceps.html
    My Experience:
    I have used AN DRive and MST Cordygen 5 which both contains cordyceps. From my experience, I have felt an ability to breathe better and last longer on the basketball court and in flag football. It takes a while getting use to, but it works. Also, helps in the weight room too when you doing burnouts.

2. Inosine
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ino.html
    My Experience:
    I have no significant experience with this, but the best sellers in enhancing oxygen is number one and contains this product.

Ultimate Nutrition Inosine
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/un/pre.html

Other Misc info

VO2 Max Norms for Men
    http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/f...e_Protocol.htm

VO2 Max Norms for Women
    http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/f.../VO2_Norms.htm

Copper Test
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/vo2max.htm
    Last edited by History in Effect; 04-26-2009 at 11:53 AM.
    Georgia Crew
    >>>>Misc Cologne Crew<<<<
    Sperrys and Polos

Registered User big game hunter's Avatar
    big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) big game hunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

THE VO2 (We Owe To) Fitness

Understanding the VO2 Max Concept -

In today's world, it is easy to see people age faster than they should. We have plenty of cases where a 30 year old is as good as a 60 year old immovable log. Lethargy, obesity and health related diseases are on the rise and there are a ton of people who do not mind that even though they may be at risk. Having said that, it is worth mentioning a small term called the "VO2 Max". This is an article that should help people realize this term and how it fits in to the fitness jigsaw. Let us get underway.

VO2 max, or maximal oxygen uptake, is one factor that can determine an athlete's capacity to perform sustained exercise and is linked to aerobic endurance. VO2 max refers to the maximum amount of oxygen that an individual can utilize during intense or maximal exercise. It is measured as "milliliters of oxygen used in one minute per kilogram of body weight."

This measurement is generally considered the best indicator of an athlete's cardiovascular fitness and aerobic endurance. Theoretically, the more oxygen you can use during high level exercise, the more energy you can produce. Top, well conditioned athletes who have high endurance levels typically have very high VO2 max values.

A person's oxygen consumption is directly proportional to the exercise intensity levels in place. This linear relationship lasts up to a certain point, after which the oxygen consumption reaches a plateau even if the exercise intensity increases. This plateau is the VO2 max. this is the point where the human body moves from an aerobic condition to an anaerobic condition in terms of burning.

The major factors that effect VO2 max are Age, Gender and Altitude.
    Age - In general, VO2 max is highest between the ages 20 to 25. After the age of 25, the VO2 max reduces by about 1% every year. This decrease can be reduced, but not stopped.
    Gender - In general, a female has a lower VO2 max level than a male. This is due to physiological differences between the bodies.
    Altitude - VO2 max reduces by about 1% for every 1,000 feet increase in altitude. This is because the oxygen content reduces with increase in altitude.

Estimate Your VO2 Max -

Usually, a sports lab with several hi tech equioment is required in order to measure a person?s VO2 max. But there is a simpler way of estimating it.
    The Bruce Treadmill Test is an indirect test that estimates VO2 max using a formula rather than using direct measurements that require the collection and measurement of the volume and oxygen concentration of inhaled and exhaled air. This determines how much oxygen the athlete is using.

The Bruce Protocol
    The Bruce Protocol is a maximal exercise test where the athlete works to complete exhaustion as the treadmill speed and gradient is increased every three minutes.

Bruce Treadmill Test Stages
    Stage 1 = 1.7 mph at 10% Gradient
    Stage 2 = 2.5 mph at 12% Gradient
    Stage 3 = 3.4 mph at 14% Gradient
    Stage 4 = 4.2 mph at 16% Gradient
    Stage 5 = 5.0 mph at 18% Gradient
    Stage 6 = 5.5 mph at 20% Gradient
    Stage 7 = 6.0 mph at 22% Gradient
    Stage 8 = 6.5 mph at 24% Gradient
    Stage 9 = 7.0 mph at 26% Gradient

The Bruce Protocol Formula for Estimating VO2 Max
    For Men VO2 max = 14.8 - (1.379 x T) + (0.451 x T^2) - (0.012 x T^3)
    For Women VO2 max = 4.38 x T - 3.9
    T = Total time on the treadmill measured as a fraction of a minute (ie: A test time of 9 minutes 30 seconds would be written as T=9.5).

Bruce Protocol Norms for Men
    VO2 Max Norms for Men - Measured in ml/kg/min
    This is read as AGE, VERY POOR, POOR, FAIR, GOOD, EXCELLENT, SUPERIOR
    13-19, <25.0, 25.0-30.9, 31.0-34.9, 35.0-38.9, 39.0-41.9, >41.9
    20-29, <23.6, 23.6-28.9, 29.0-32.9, 33.0-36.9, 37.0-41.0, >41.0

Bruce Protocol Norms for Women
    VO2 Max values for Women as measured in ml/kg/min
    Age Very Poor Poor Fair Good Excellent Superior
    13-19 <25.0 25.0-30.9 31.0-34.9 35.0-38.9 39.0-41.9 >41.9
    20-29 <23.6 23.6-28.9 29.0-32.9 33.0-36.9 37.0-41.0 >41.0
    30-39 <22.8 22.8-26.9 27.0-31.4 31.5-35.6 35.7-40.0 >40.0
    40-49 <21.0 21.0-24.4 24.5-28.9 29.0-32.8 32.9-36.9 >36.9
    50-59 <20.2 20.2-22.7 22.8-26.9 27.0-31.4 31.5-35.7 >35.7
    60+ <17.5 17.5-20.1 20.2-24.4 24.5-30.2 30.3-31.4 >31.4

How To Make Use of VO2 Max Values ?
    A higher VO2 max value does not necessarily mean that an athlete is better than one with a lower VO2 max. It is also important to note the levels at which and duration for which the athlete can keep up maximum performance. Example, an athlete may be able to run at 15km/hr at his VO2 max and another may be able to run at 18km/hr at his VO2 max.
    The way to increase our VO2 max, is to consistently stress the oxygen delivery and processing system to its limit while running.
    The primary way to stress the oxygen delivery and processing system to its limit is to complete VO2 max interval training. VO2 max interval training refers to intervals of 30 seconds to 5 minutes in duration, with recovery periods equal to or less then the interval bout.
    In order to push your VO2 max levels, aim at attaining around 75 to 80% of your maximum heart rate (some well conditioned athletes may go for higher percentages).
    Lot of interval training programs and articles can be found at
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbin...tervalTraining
    A couple of easy ways to estimate Maximum Heart Rate

The easiest and best known method to calculate your maximum heart rate (MHR) is to use the formula
    MHR = 220 - Age.
    Londeree and Moeschberger Method
    MHR = 206.3 - (0.711 multiplied by Age).

This really depends on your body condition. In fact, people who are not too fit, are the ones that will see greater increases in their levels of VO2 max. than the ones who are in good athletic condition. This is because the ones who are in better athletic condition are already closer to their VO2 max levels than their unhealthier counterparts. But no matter what, a good training regimen is called for. Results may vary from person to person. It may take a person 2 weeks to see differences and may take some 2 months to see differences.

As mentioned earlier, VO2 max levels decline with age. The decline may be around 1% per year. However, a person who regularly trains his body to endure, may cut his declines in VO2 max levels by half. This means the body is able to perform at relatively good levels of endurance even as the body ages. This is useful not only for serious athletes who want to maintain themselves in top form for as long as possible, but also for anybody who cares a bit about his own health. In general, trainingfor VO2 max keeps you brisk longer in your life.

There is no supplemental substitute to proper natural food and a good training program. However, if these two are in place, you could boost your results with the use of some supplements out there that are designed to help your body assimilate, absorb and utilize oxygen in order to produce more energy to meet your training needs or in general, increase the body's aerobic capacity.
    Last edited by big game hunter; 04-27-2009 at 07:23 AM.

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by muruku View Post
    Topic: How Can One Raise Their VO2 Max

What is VO2 Max?

This means that VO2 max is a indication of the maximum amount of oxygen one can use in one minute per kilogram of body weight. Therefore increasing your VO2 Max would be particularly useful if you wish to participate in endurance events like triathlons and marathons! However this does not mean that maintain a good VO2 is only important to endurance sports athletes. By increasing your VO2 Max, your cardiovascular ability would benefit and that would in turn translate to a healthy you.

Cyclist Lance Armstrong has VO2 max of 85 ml/kg/min

How can one increase their VO2 Max?
    To answer this question, we must first learn how to measure our VO2 Max. Luckily BB.Com already has that covered, follow the instructions given and enter the value into the calculator. Easy isn't it?

BB.com VO2 Max calculator

How do you compare?

Ways to increase VO2 MAX

1. Lose weight
    Actually, lose body fat to be exact, as losing muscle would be detrimental to your physical powess. Why would losing weight help with increasing VO2 max? As I had mentioned earlier, VO2 Max is measured as the actual maximum oxygen uptake relative to one's body weight, therefore by cutting down our body fat percentage, it would indirectly increase your VO2 Max value.

2. Do your cardio!
    Working out at an intensity that raises your heart rate to between 65 and 85% of its maximum for at least 20 minutes three to five times a week. Research has shown that consistent aerobic conditioning will increase your VO2 Max value.

3. Interval training
    French exercise physiologist Veronique Billat found that the fastest way to reach your potential is to run intervals at a speed that elicits your VO2 max. The easiest way to determine what speed you should run at is to make use of a heart rate monitor. First substract your age from 220 to determine a rough guesstimation of your maximum heart rate. Your heart rate during the VO2 Max training should be in the 90-100% range of our Maximum Heart Rate, and this level of exertion should be sustained for at least 4 to 8 minutes. Start off with 3 intervals with a set distance and slowly increase the number of intervals each week. Do this once a week, it might be tempting to jump head first to a new exercise program, but do not let over-training hamper your gains!

4. Keep pushing yourself.
    A rolling stone gathers no moss. Increase the intensity of your workouts when you feel ready. Do not let yourself stagnate! Once the workouts feel easier, ramp up the training.

A sample workout program would look like this:

Monday:

Tuesday:
    Weight training

Wednesday:
    Interval training - 3 x 1km (Increase interval/distance when you see fit)

Thurday:
    Weight training

Friday:

Saturday/Sunday:
    Do something fun, but keep yourself active. Go trekking/hiking or play some sports. Or rest if you found that particular week exhausting.

It should also be noted that just increasing your VO2 Max might not necessarily translate into becoming a better endurance athlete. You should also work on increase your lactate threshold via anaerobic exercise such as High Intensity Interval Training (eg. tabata), sprinting or Renegade Training-style workouts: What is Renegade Training?

Conditioning workouts are also effective at increasing one's lactate threshold and work capacity. I have provided below a sample conditioning workout, do check out the forums for more conditioning workout ideas (Conditioning Corner)

Burpee ladder (Burpee Conditioning)
    20 Burpees
    19 Burpees
    18 Burpees
    17 Burpees
    7 Burpees
    6 Burpees
    5 Burpees

Every 4 weeks recalculate your VO2 Max to gauge your progress.

Supplements
    To cap it off and give yourself edge in this whole process look in to purchasing Millennium Sport Cordygen5 and Cordygen VO2. Two excellent cordyceps products that have received good feedback from a huge number of forum members. I myself have used both Cordygen5 and Cordgygen VO2 and found them effective in increasing my cardiovascular ability, it felt like I had an extra lung. Also the difference between the two products is that Cordygen5 is slow-release and longer lasting whereas Cordygen VO2 is fast acting and lasts for approximately 2-3 hours. Therefore I would recommend cordygen5 for your light cardio session days and Cordygen VO2 for interval and conditioning days.

From the product write-up:

Also, to help with recovery and to ensure you are able to put in 100% into your training check out MAN BodyOctane, one of the first products which include Beta Alanine and Citrulline Malate. Both ingredients have shown to help increase one's lactate threshold and that would mean better and more effective training sessions!

And last but not least, do consider purchasing a Heart Rate monitor! It would help you greatly in your training. There are some pretty nifty ones which are actually able to calculate your VO2 Max right off the bat. Some of them can also serve as a training log and help you gauge your progress over time!
    Heart Rate Monitors Product Guide
    Hi,
    Sorry but I'm new to this and I had combined several answers into one section.
    For example I answered the question of who can benefit from improving their vo2 max under the first section and the question about how long before one can see progress under the sample workout I provided.
    Is this allowed?

The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Crush is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Clarification.

Originally Posted by muruku View Post
    Hi,
    Sorry but I'm new to this and I had combined several answers into one section.
    For example I answered the question of who can benefit from improving their vo2 max under the first section and the question about how long before one can see progress under the sample workout I provided.
    Is this allowed?
    The clarification helps. For future reference: we do prefer that the questions be answered as best possible in the order they are asked. Some mixing is sometimes impossible but the bulk of it should be very clear to which question it is applied. Hope that helps and good luck.

We really appreciate everyone's input to these questions.

Scott
    "Respect, Honor, Integrity!"

Red face

Originally Posted by The Crush View Post
    The clarification helps. For future reference: we do prefer that the questions be answered as best possible in the order they are asked. Some mixing is sometimes impossible but the bulk of it should be very clear to which question it is applied. Hope that helps and good luck.

We really appreciate everyone's input to these questions.

Scott
    Thanks, I will make sure I won't goof up with my next entry.
    You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
    � Jerry West �
    How to Upgrade Your Life: A Primer On Diet And Fitness
    https://guavarilla.wordpress.com/fitness-guide/

cardiofreakman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cardiofreakman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cardiofreakman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cardiofreakman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cardiofreakman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cardiofreakman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cardiofreakman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    First, thanks to the authors who have participated in this thread! I learned a few new things about V02 max and methods for increasing it by reading through some of the well researched and detailed posts. I have competed in MMA for the past 6 years and have discovered for myself the competitive advantages of superior VO2 max/cardio endurance. I have witnessed many fighters win fights who are technically inferior to their oponents through a simple advantage in VO2 max. I have seen many skilled fighters "gas out" and lose fights they should have won because of poor cardio conditioning. I have a few observations for increasing V02 max based on personal experience which confirm the information shared in other posts:

1. Interval Training is Key! The treadmill methods mentioned are great and I have used them and continue to use them for fight preparation. I also use several strategies that employ the same functional movements while maintaining around 90% of my V02 max. I also combine functional training sets (i.e. burpees, Russian medicine ball throws, kettle bells, etc.) with high intensity sprint intervals (in the gym I do sets of 200m shuttle relays between functional sets.

2. Hydration – I can’t stress enough how important hydration is to athletic performance and cardio output. If you dehydrate you’re done. In addition to H20 make sure you are taking in electrolytes to replenish what you lose during training and competition.

3. Watch your weight – I will only speak from personal experience here, but I have noticed dramatic drops in cardio endurance when I have had long breaks in competition where I have let myself go and gained weight. Not only has gaining weight affected my cardio, but it also adversely affects every phase of MMA (in my case). I move slower and gas sooner when overweight which not only reduces my training and competitive success, but adds to my stress and frustration.

4. Altitude training – I have personally trained at high altitudes and competed in low altitudes and can say without a doubt that high altitude training will significantly enhance your V02 max. I currently do not live in high altitudes and use an altitude simulator made by a company called AltoSim. There are many other altitude simulators out there that range from masks to tents you sleep in. I can only speak for the altosim, but it has had a very positive affect on my cardiovascular endurance and output. The only negative is that the sessions and breathing tube is at times brutal and takes more than one training period to start having an effect. I usually notice significant gains after two two week sessions.

5. Supplements – I think I have tried them all, or at least most of those mentioned in this thread. Without the training methods mentioned in this post and on others in this thread no amount of supplementation is going to significantly improve you V02 max. This isn’t to say there aren’t supplements that can help if you have trained and conditioned yourself properly. By far the best supplement I have ever taken for cardio (I wish they sold it on the store here!) is called CardioForce. It contains about every ingredient mentioned on this thread for increasing V02 max and is specifically designed to increase cardiovascular endurance. I think you can only buy it on the CardioForce website though. I would also suggest adding in a highly absorbable iron supplement (iron and hemoglobin production go hand in hand) like Iron Bisglycinate combined with B12. I have also read recently that the molecular structure of chlorophyll is nearly identical to hemoglobin and may have an effect on hemoglobin production. There is scant scientific evidence to support this, but if you have the money it might be worth experimenting with.

fetter2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fetter2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fetter2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fetter2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fetter2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fetter2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fetter2000 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I currently own a pm1.6 desktop, need to run a small FTP system in vm, because my cpu only single core, cannot handle big system.

I'm linux beginner, don't know anything, what should I do.

atnikita has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wut=

eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eenosee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good

comings has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comings has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comings has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comings has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comings has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comings has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ok...

MEIMEIde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good article

Obseksspeerie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

canada goose Helsinki

montrealcanadagoose com]canada goose jakker
    To one's on the net presence having a new website happens to be a huge must But you just now can?¡¥t rely close to the designs yet graphics working at each place To get getting overall web success, you use to help you consumption properly written copies at the same time
    ,montrealcanadagoose com]canada goose jacken
    One moment in time that a majority of wireless internet is relatively lovely is always when you have been traveling Traveling quite often means being stuck waiting in one place or else another The most beneficial way towards spend your time which experts claim will be wasted at waiting is considered to be in order to jump hosted with regards to diversion
    montrealcanadagoose com]canada goose fake
    Things doesn't matter whether you're a huge college student, stay from home mom or maybe retiree Let us put real extra cash at your company's pockets Your idea fast free Of course you possibly can Grab paid to successfully complete offers located in your own spare hours
    canadagoosesun com

orgariEmbocor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

canada goose pas cher

doudounecanadagoosesiteofficiel eu]doudoune canada goose occasion
    L' Panier système I est sans aucun doute doit être appelé KickStartCart Comprenez ne qui habituellement Budget charrettes ne savent pas définitivement Lorsque les gens certains individus nos propres cartes Web de crédit, es tous les plupart favorisées créé par entre le paiement
    ,canadagoosebelgique eu]canada goose pas cher
    Grâce Ã* si vous voulez l'exacte abondance impliqué sur le dessus de l', l'élément pas uniquement ne doit pas une simple élémentaires sujet particulier dans lequel a notamment sur le visiteurs Quand il s'agit comme une confiance scénario, Flash peut tout simplement ne offrir définitivement se demande si utilisé Ã* bon escient
    doudounecanadagoosesiteofficiel eu]doudoune canada goose pas cher
     Votre raison recevoir distinctes chacun de nos site que de nombreuses très fourni une personne au sein de l'Internet semblait être d' était vraiment pas ne doit pas si sûr et il pourrait être pour vous assurer d' droite dans a marchand bases de données prenant en de sensibilisation de entre les clients et de sans doute les consommateurs
    canadagoosebelgique eu

CoolEmagic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The Information shared is really nice.. and very helpful.

UaPhckaHoryJit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UaPhckaHoryJit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UaPhckaHoryJit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UaPhckaHoryJit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UaPhckaHoryJit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UaPhckaHoryJit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UaPhckaHoryJit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UaPhckaHoryJit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UaPhckaHoryJit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UaPhckaHoryJit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    HIIT 3 times a week

120 sec jogs, 40 sec sprints, gradually decrease jog time to 60 seconds over 6 months, gradually increase sprint time to 60 seconds over 6 months, 5-10 cycles in 15-30 mins