leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Question Should I work my abs even though they are sore?

I read on a website somewhere that you shouldnt train your abs when they are sore because they have not fully recovered. The website says that you should wait 4-5 days for them to stop being sore so you can train them again. So Im asking if it is ok or not ok to train my abs every other day whether they are sore or not?

Thanks (I will rep u guys)
    Why say the sky is the limit, when there are already footprints on the moon?

Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Arnold trained his abs everyday and advocates this kind of training. If you are really paranoid about overtraining them, hitting them every 2nd day is perfect.

leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000) leanmachine22 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Teledin View Post
    Arnold trained his abs everyday and advocates this kind of training. If you are really paranoid about overtraining them, hitting them every 2nd day is perfect.
    Thanks! Repped!!!
    Why say the sky is the limit, when there are already footprints on the moon?

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes...And Arnold juiced to hell and had the genetics of a God and ate children for breakfast.

Abs when they're sore is just ridiculous.

Abs every day is pointless.

Abs every second day is also pointless, but slightly less so than every day.

Once or twice a week is plenty.

dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dizzay20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MrB1g View Post
    Yes...And Arnold juiced to hell and had the genetics of a God and ate children for breakfast.

Abs when they're sore is just ridiculous.

Abs every day is pointless.

Abs every second day is also pointless, but slightly less so than every day.

Once or twice a week is plenty.
    I agree with this gentleman.

Team Member: Ground Zero PuNiSheRxx's Avatar
    PuNiSheRxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuNiSheRxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuNiSheRxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuNiSheRxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuNiSheRxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuNiSheRxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuNiSheRxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuNiSheRxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuNiSheRxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuNiSheRxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) PuNiSheRxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    would you train your arms everyday if they were sore? NO there is your answer ur muscles only grow when you rest...

PryorDaniel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PryorDaniel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PryorDaniel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PryorDaniel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PryorDaniel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PryorDaniel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PryorDaniel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PryorDaniel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PryorDaniel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PryorDaniel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PryorDaniel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    May issue of Musclemag says to train them 6 days a week. I tried their routine, it's not really tiring at all, which is probably why they suggest 6 days a week. My old routine was much harder and involved 2 times a week.

I'd say don't work them often if you're working them hard, or work them light and often. Your choice.

Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Precision14 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Teledin View Post
    x2 everyother day. not good to work out a muscle without any rest for it cuz it wont have time to rebuild itself
    "Moderation in discipline is failure"

*all pics and stats are at least 3 years old...just ignore them

Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You guys are forgetting it's all relative to volume and load. When training abs every 2nd day or even everyday, you don't blast them with enormous volume, nor do you do 250+ lb cable crunches, etc. It isn't pointless at all, abs are utilised in almost every movement an individual makes. Similar to the calves which are utilised in walking. You can apply high frequency training styles to any body part. But for different body parts, you wouldn't train it continously with HFT for more than a few weeks. Gains will be realised if there is sufficient nutrition for this period of HFT.

Now by no means am I saying once or twice a week isn't good - I train mine once a week myself. It has been proven to work, and been proven to work long term too. But as I said, this is all relative to volume and load.

would you train your arms everyday if they were sore? NO there is your answer ur muscles only grow when you rest...
    Arms and abdominals are very different. You can't compare the two really.

xlr77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've tried once a day and every other day and didn't get great results. I've found doing it 2-3 days a week (with high intensity) is the best way to go... for me at least. I haven't tried once a week so that might be good as well.

(no homo) (yes insecure) chiraag's Avatar
    chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiraag will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my abs are never sore the next day. if it's the same case for you, go ahead and train them everyday
    owes me reps:

You. Yes, you.

"Who's Michelle Obama? I thought it was Barrack Obama" - dunkalicious

iloveher44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iloveher44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iloveher44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iloveher44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iloveher44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iloveher44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iloveher44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iloveher44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iloveher44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iloveher44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    no but do abs 3 days a week if you can.