Closed Thread
Page 79 of 85 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 2523
    matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nick911sc View Post
    Could be a grounding issue? Does it buzz when the strings are covered? How old is it? Are you adding a lot of distortion? Badly potted pickup?
    Not sure, think it may be the pickup. The strings stop buzzing when they are covered. I think the guitar is a few years old.

iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by iTzDevo View Post
    Anyone have experience with the software Amplitube? Buddy of mine is saying it's a more user friendly version of GuitarRig... Thinkin about getting some electric stuff up soon but need to decide on software
    Bump next page
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    It is the power of the mind to be unconquerable

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Bump next page
    I use the iphone version, it's pretty easy, but the models are just okay. But with the iRig it's nice to have a processor on the phone.
    For the PC or Mac, I have no idea as I can't figure out how to record on the computer for anything.

But for the phone, Bias has better models
    so does Line 6 Pod mobile, but with the irig, it feeds back so bad I deleted it. With their input it works fine

I just got back from the road and wound up using my pandora mini anyway, for the drums.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    I use the iphone version, it's pretty easy, but the models are just okay. But with the iRig it's nice to have a processor on the phone.
    For the PC or Mac, I have no idea as I can't figure out how to record on the computer for anything.

But for the phone, Bias has better models
    so does Line 6 Pod mobile, but with the irig, it feeds back so bad I deleted it. With their input it works fine

I just got back from the road and wound up using my pandora mini anyway, for the drums.
    Cheers
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Cheers
    My understanding is, the PC/Mac based versions are much more comprehensive and probably have better modeling capability than the little iphone version. Just make sure you get the expansion packs you want included, because those little buggers add up quickly
    I wish it were available for my kindle, because I have to put my damn reading glasses on, almost, to work the phone... old eyes, strong contacts.

Are you looking for phone or computer
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

My understanding is, the PC/Mac based versions are much more comprehensive and probably have better modeling capability than the little iphone version. Just make sure you get the expansion packs you want included, because those little buggers add up quickly
    I wish it were available for my kindle, because I have to put my damn reading glasses on, almost, to work the phone... old eyes, strong contacts.

Are you looking for phone or computer
    Computer. Just need something more user friendly than Ableton. I've got a preamp that works fine but that's just raw sound, no amp models
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

The Chains of Belial xITHYPHALLIC's Avatar
    xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As far as buying guitars goes, would you brahs say that it's more about the player using the guitar rather than how big the price tag on the instrument is? I'm approaching the point where I may be looking into getting an intermediate level guitar and I just wanted to get some insight. Eventually my plan is to get a 7 string, but I'm not sure if I should go for something that is reasonably priced and spend a bit more for a good amp and cab or the other way around. Thoughts?

Note that this is just forward thinking. I'm not anywhere near good enough to play a 7 string, yet alone get an "intermediate" instrument at this point. Just trying to get a sense of the direction I should head in when I get to that point.

Originally Posted by xITHYPHALLIC View Post
    As far as buying guitars goes, would you brahs say that it's more about the player using the guitar rather than how big the price tag on the instrument is? I'm approaching the point where I may be looking into getting an intermediate level guitar and I just wanted to get some insight. Eventually my plan is to get a 7 string, but I'm not sure if I should go for something that is reasonably priced and spend a bit more for a good amp and cab or the other way around. Thoughts?

Note that this is just forward thinking. I'm not anywhere near good enough to play a 7 string, yet alone get an "intermediate" instrument at this point. Just trying to get a sense of the direction I should head in when I get to that point.
    I'd say do it. You're not going to get "good enough" on a 6 string to a point when you can graduate to a 7 string. You should try a 7 string, see how it feels and plays for you, and if it passes all of your preconceptions about the instrument, buy it and focus on it. 7 string is arguably not an extension of the 6 string, but a completely different instrument in itself. Kind of like classical style vs. flat picking, they both exist on the same instrument but one focuses on multiple voices where the other is a single melody or harmony. 7, 8, 9 strings etc. all will require a different technique than 6, so you might as well start now while you're still interested
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000) xITHYPHALLIC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd say do it. You're not going to get "good enough" on a 6 string to a point when you can graduate to a 7 string. You should try a 7 string, see how it feels and plays for you, and if it passes all of your preconceptions about the instrument, buy it and focus on it. 7 string is arguably not an extension of the 6 string, but a completely different instrument in itself. Kind of like classical style vs. flat picking, they both exist on the same instrument but one focuses on multiple voices where the other is a single melody or harmony. 7, 8, 9 strings etc. all will require a different technique than 6, so you might as well start now while you're still interested
    Good to know. What are your thoughts when it comes to how to buy for the first time? Would it be better to get a guitar at an "intermediate" price or go balls out the first time? It seems like a reasonably priced guitar that I really like plus an amp that makes it sound great would be the best route. Not sure though.

Originally Posted by xITHYPHALLIC View Post
    Good to know. What are your thoughts when it comes to how to buy for the first time? Would it be better to get a guitar at an "intermediate" price or go balls out the first time? It seems like a reasonably priced guitar that I really like plus an amp that makes it sound great would be the best route. Not sure though.
    How long have you been playing for? Do you listen to music that's primarily 7 string? Those are factors that I would take into consideration. 7 strings are versatile and if your preferences change from metal to, say, jazz, a 7 string would still be a viable option. It's your call how much your want to spend and what your budget looks like, but if you're dedicated there's no point in starting low and climbing the ladder. A $5-600 range would be fine to start with if you're honestly in it for the long run. If I were you, I'd go and play a LOT of guitars before coming to a conclusion, then take into account the price of an amp that will get you the sound that you want, and then make a purchase. It can take months to find the one
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

How long have you been playing for? Do you listen to music that's primarily 7 string? Those are factors that I would take into consideration. 7 strings are versatile and if your preferences change from metal to, say, jazz, a 7 string would still be a viable option. It's your call how much your want to spend and what your budget looks like, but if you're dedicated there's no point in starting low and climbing the ladder. A $5-600 range would be fine to start with if you're honestly in it for the long run. If I were you, I'd go and play a LOT of guitars before coming to a conclusion, then take into account the price of an amp that will get you the sound that you want, and then make a purchase. It can take months to find the one
    That's kind of what I figured. I asked because I'm trying to look ahead to the future a bit. I do listen to quite a bit of metal that employs extended range guitars. The 7 strings appeal to me because they give you access to a bit of that extended range without being completely absurd from a fretboard size standpoint. I've read up on them a bit and most people seem to think that the transition from 6 to 7 is a bit easier than going from 6 to 8 strings. A good number of the artists who have sounds that I find appealing play on 6 strings, so I figured that 7 strings would be good enough in terms of getting a bit of that extended range that I like. I'm nowhere near the skill level I need to be in order to really start shopping around. I just wanted to get some idea of what direction I'd like to head in while I build my skills and set aside money for when I really want to commit to buying a new instrument and an amp that will be satisfactory for the sounds I'm looking to create.

anything you can play on a 6, you can play on a 7.
    If you stay with a 25.5 scale, the transition is minimal, the 7th string is usually an extension of the 5th and 6th scale shape.

Ex.. triplets down from the g 7.5.4, d 7.5.4, a 7.5.3, e 7.5.3, then again b 7.5.3 on the 7th

you can also do a blues turn-around, std 12 bar pattern or shuffle without ever changing frets, let's say the GCD form, G 3rd fret of 6th, C 3rd fret on 5th, then instead of moving UP, you drop a string to D 3rd fret on the B string

Now, I don't play mine a lot, as most 7 string music isn't really stand alone play type stuff, so I wind up on the 6 string because it's just easier to play

but you can grab an entry level Ibanez 7321 or 7421 from GC used for like $200 and sell it for the same if you don't like it
    don't worry about extended scale lengths, multi-scales, baritones, etc.. until you know that's the way you want to go.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

New rack setups

POD X3 Pro, Velocity 100, 2 Jet City 112's

AMT SS-10, Velocity 100, Stereo Gallen Krueger 212 Cab

lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice I'm also running amp simulation through a power amp and cab.

It's a PodHD500x --> Crown XLS1000 --> 2x12

My current cab has 2 v30's but it's kinda old I'm looking to get a new one. Ideally Mesa Boogie but those don't run cheap

aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm actually looking to buy a monitor mixer for my band now that we're gonna start playing shows. We need it for in ear monitors. I've noticed recently that a lot of digital mixers have come out.

Originally I was going for an analog mixer but I'm thinking I might try a Behringer X32 rack or XR18.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Originally Posted by aceroa View Post
    I'm actually looking to buy a monitor mixer for my band now that we're gonna start playing shows. We need it for in ear monitors. I've noticed recently that a lot of digital mixers have come out.

Originally I was going for an analog mixer but I'm thinking I might try a Behringer X32 rack or XR18.

Anyone have any experience with these?
    Ultimately, it depends on your end goal and budget.
    You can find used analog mixers pretty cheap.
    Digital stuff will probably cost more as it's newer.

But, if you plan to direct record into a computer, the digital might be the easier option in the long run and avoid the necessity you'd have for digital inputs for the analog mixer later on.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Purchasing this beauty soon.

00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How do you pronounce "groundwound", "roundwound", and "flatwound"?

Is it wound as in sound or woond?

Originally Posted by 00o View Post
    How do you pronounce "groundwound", "roundwound", and "flatwound"?

Is it wound as in sound or woond?
    Wound as in sound
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey ya'll. Can anyone recommend a wireless system based on personal experience? Not all that concerned about price if there's a justification, we really just do weekends out so I don't care that much about battery life or anything.
    No war but class war

Originally Posted by squanto View Post
    Hey ya'll. Can anyone recommend a wireless system based on personal experience? Not all that concerned about price if there's a justification, we really just do weekends out so I don't care that much about battery life or anything.
    I have two systems.
    The first one I got in 1997, the Samson True Diversity system. I used it live for a few years, it still works like new.

I also have the Nady Micro MGT system

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/instr...gled-plug#used
    It is pure wireless as the receiver and transmitter use batteries.
    I've never gigged with it, but I can walk my entire yard without dropoff.
    I'd gig with it, but would bring a few spare batteries. The little switches like to get turned on in my carry bags when I travel, so I'm assuming the same thing could happen when gigging.
    But sound is good and signal strength is good.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey thanks for the reply, I sub'ed to the thread but didn't see it. After some thought I think I'm going to hold off on wireless stuff but I appreciate your reply. Murphy's law seems to apply with live set-ups, at least for me.
    No war but class war

Strength Sports for Life C Project's Avatar
    C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anyone have any experience with the Orange lunchbox amps? Looking at Tiny Terror and Dark Terror. I love the effects loop option in the Dark Terror but I've only had the opportunity to play the Tiny Terror and I love the tone. I found a video posted in this thread a few years ago and the Dark Terror sound pretty badass.

Thoughts?
    Moved Squat, Bench, and Deadlift to Yoke, Log, and Stones.

sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000) sirmisc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by C Project View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the Orange lunchbox amps? Looking at Tiny Terror and Dark Terror. I love the effects loop option in the Dark Terror but I've only had the opportunity to play the Tiny Terror and I love the tone. I found a video posted in this thread a few years ago and the Dark Terror sound pretty badass.

Thoughts?
    Personally ive never liked the sound of orange in general but i am by no means an expert. From memory Rob Chapman and Lee Anderton reviewed these amps on youtube a while ago? Chapman used to be an Orange endorsee I think so he does a few reviews. Might be worth checking those out if you haven't already.
    weight = 69.9kgs (154lbs) ---- > 82.4kgs (181lbs) ----> 85.1kgs (187lbs)
    ___________1/2/12____________1/12/12____________1/3/13

C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sirmisc View Post
    Personally ive never liked the sound of orange in general but i am by no means an expert. From memory Rob Chapman and Lee Anderton reviewed these amps on youtube a while ago? Chapman used to be an Orange endorsee I think so he does a few reviews. Might be worth checking those out if you haven't already.
    Thanks! I'm always down for some Chappers.

If you want Metal, do the Dark Terror, the Tiny won't get there. I also use the effects loop for all my delay and modulation effects.

If it's just crunch and you want a combo too, then the Tiny Terror will work fine.

The Dark Terror even has more gain than the Thunderverb. (had both)

I want a Dual Dark 50.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

anonymous
    I'm not sure how the Thunderverb sounds IRL as I have it only in Amplitube. But I do find that you can get a good metal tone if you boost it with a tube screamer or similar pedal. Again, I've only tried it in Amplitube where I record demos, lose riffs and ideas.

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to do a little more research. The place up the street doesn't have the dark terror and Guitar Center used to do some weird stuff to your instrument when you brought it in. But I don't know if they still tag up your stuff.

Appreciate the input.

Originally Posted by C Project View Post
    Thanks guys! I'll be sure to do a little more research. The place up the street doesn't have the dark terror and Guitar Center used to do some weird stuff to your instrument when you brought it in. But I don't know if they still tag up your stuff.

Appreciate the input.
    listen to the videos of it, for metal, it's the one
    but it's ONE TONE at a time. you will NOT need any OD pedal with it
    the effects loop is great, you can drop a Danelectro fish n chips EQ in there and scoop the hell out of it for some super sick death metal tones
    I did a video review, but my digicam microphone doesn't do it justice

lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

listen to the videos of it, for metal, it's the one
    but it's ONE TONE at a time. you will NOT need any OD pedal with it
    the effects loop is great, you can drop a Danelectro fish n chips EQ in there and scoop the hell out of it for some super sick death metal tones
    I did a video review, but my digicam microphone doesn't do it justice

Maaan that is badass. Thanks for posting. And I think I saw your video somewhere in the thread. You posted it around 2012?

I've never really messed with an effects loop as I usually run pretty light. But I've heard for chorus/flange/reverb/delay it's pretty badass. I use a Boss tuner, Dunlop wah (535q), and sometimes MXR delay and Micro Chorus. Want to get an EQ and EVH flanger.

Pretty much decided on this amp. Can't seem to get my guitar tuned above C#

Jk. Have D Standard and C# tunings currently

Thanks again everyone! Will lurk and post often.