Closed Thread
Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz

Guitar Gear Related Discussion - CIVIL discussion only

Discuss guitars, amps, effects, accessories, etc.. in here

If you are going to knock someones choice, have a reasonable argument as to why, or get negged
    Keep it civil, they make lots of different stuff for lots of different tastes

You know what they say about opinions, don't be a great big opinion in here...
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Okay, I just got a peavey valveking 100 watt 212 tube combo.
    Really enjoying it.

Anyone tried the new Digitech RP1000, with the stomp loop feature to be able to bypass your amps preamp?
    Thinking of swapping out the GNX3 for one.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

Registered User wickedsensation's Avatar
    wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hahaha, I have a feeling that this thread will turn into just you, me, and mindripper talking about gear.

Anyway, I dunno about Digitech. I had an old RP100 years ago when they first came out, and it totally broke on me in like a week, haha. I'm not sure what happened, but I never bought Digitech stuff again.

If I'm gonng use effects, then I just let the sound man do the work, but I know not everyone is playing shows, so yeah. Pedals are cool, but a million different things can go wrong with them.

If I were you, I'd get like a rocktron intelliflex for effects and put it in the effects loop of your valve king.

Most of that "true bypass" stuff never really works, and always ends up sucking the tone from the front of the amp.

Sometimes, getting new gear doesn't really sound better than the current gear you have. If it's not broken, then why fix it, haha?

richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ibanez Guitar 1570 with Dimarzio Metal Humbucker. Play through Line 6 150W amp. Use the effects from the amp though did have a GNX4 which was crap.

I also use a Fender Strat Standard USA, but with the Yngwie Pickup in the neck position.

Ideally I would use the same guitars through a decent Marshall stack, JCM series.

I've had the GNX3 for a few years, the models and effects are excellent.
    I had a really old RP, when they were all plastic in 1997, sold it to a buddy.
    Got an RP-20, tube driven, metal chassis, never had such a good reliable piece of gear. Excellent tone and effects, great WAH without sucking tone, like my Johnson Marquis did when engaging the wah.
    The GNX is great too, never sucks tone.

the RP-1000 is a whole different bird. You run in the front of the amp AND through the effects loop, which allows you to bypass the Amplifier preamp if you choose, when using the amp models, and you can fully bypass the amp models and cabs to rely completely on the amps tone and just use the effects. And you have the stomp loop to run pedals if you want to.
    Check out the demo video, then the amp models etc..
    http://www.digitech.com/products/Mul...cts/RP1000.php
    http://www.digitech.com/YouTubepopup.php

After running a good floorboard like the digitechs I've had, I'll never go back to individual pedals again.
    Last edited by ctgblue; 04-22-2009 at 06:27 AM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've said it before here... LINE 6 X3 LIVE FTW!! Best amp modeler and effects processor I've ever played through and it's so incredibly clean! The amps and effects they model are spot on.

Next on the list o' gear to buy is a nice high end Ibanez... but my Wolfgang is doing the job just fine for now.
    "Can I sign up? I want to start gaining some muscles."
    - Arnold in "Pumping Iron"

Mlrc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mlrc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mlrc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mlrc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mlrc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mlrc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mlrc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mlrc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mlrc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mlrc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mlrc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My main set up is my Dean From Hell, light gauge strings, Squier Strat, heavey gauge strings, Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive, and a Peavey Valveking 112. I also still have the Fender G-Dec Jr. starter amp, as well as a Digitech RP 150 multi-effects pedal.

The Valveking is easier to EQ when I'm using my Squier, due to the heavier strings and lower-output pups. The Dean is a little harder to EQ because of the high-output Bill Lawrence in the bridge.

I wish I had waited to get the Peavey 6505+ 112, but the VK is still good haha.

lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by alottaboost View Post
    I've said it before here... LINE 6 X3 LIVE FTW!! Best amp modeler and effects processor I've ever played through and it's so incredibly clean! The amps and effects they model are spot on.

Next on the list o' gear to buy is a nice high end Ibanez... but my Wolfgang is doing the job just fine for now.
    this

i gots a podXT w/ teh metal shop pack and i highly recommend it to anyone

Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jismy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For guitar I have a Washburn Idol WI-66V with a floating bridge and a Peavey Studio Pro 112. The pickups suck in the Washburn but it has a great neck and feel to it. I think the studio pro is a great practice amp. I can get a nice tight metal tone out of it. The Bandits are even better though.

For bass my gigging/rehearsal rig is:
    Ibanez Soundgear SR505 5-string bass
    Line 6 Bass Podxt Live
    Crown xti 1000 power amp
    Epifani 310-UL2 cab.

For practice I have a little Randall RB30XM. It's nothing special, but I just set it flat and ad little bump in the mids on my bass and it sounds fine. I also have a Peavey 450MAX head and 410tvx cab. I like the Epifani WAYYYY better. It's so much cleaner and tighter, not to mention it's smaller, 50lbs lighter, and louder than the peavey 410tvx cab.

I wouldn't mind ditching the bass pod live for something rack mountable, but the bank account can't handle that right now.

07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000)
    1 more for the party!!!!

Here is my setup. I have a schecter c1 hellraiser (solid white.) I run it through my boss gt-8 guitar effects processor which then runs to my Boss DD7 (for the loops) and I then use both outputs to go to my 50marshall avt and 30watt vyper by peavy (which I love) I kind of have my own custom little stack going on. The treble from the vyper mixed with my avt makes for a sick cutting crunch. I love it. Not to mention I love my schecter to death, the active emg's are to die for. This is just my guitar setup
    "He's a good athlete! I want his dick in me!" ~~~ Quote from the Goose ~~~

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=374307121&posted=1#post374307121

richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richarde19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does anyone remember the Charvel guitar that Vai used in the film 'Crossroads'? I think that simply numbered their models i.e 1, 2,3etc. I played the guitar like 20 years ago I think in a music shop and at the time could'nt afford it. It was about 600 (GBP). I always thought that one day I would own a Jackson, yet everytime I ask to play one of them from the 'top shelf' they always feel heavy and wide. I never like the necks and I guess that dream I always had feels let down. Ive never strayed from Ibanez (Roadstars) to be honest and find them a great alrounder. Had a Hamer Californian once which was pretty awesome.

I would have to disagree with the other blokes opinion on the LIne 6. I have the 150w and I know that I'll not have it much longer. It just lacks something when its turned up to 11 )

My best amp ever was my Pro Tube 100w Laney head on the matching Laney 4x12..........................Got that really Master of Puppets sound off to a tee.

Well there's a WORLD of difference between the POS Line 6 combo amps (great for practice or first amp) and the POD X3, Vetta, or POD XT.
    Similar to Comparing the Johnson Marquis series to the Millenium series and GNX/GSP's.
    But having both right now, I like many of the models of my digitech GNX3 over the ones on my POD X3, the POD is kind of sterile sounding, good, but not as rich as the Digitech.

I am also looking hard at the BOSS GT-10.
    Last edited by ctgblue; 04-23-2009 at 04:56 AM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    Well there's a WORLD of difference between the POS Line 6 combo amps (great for practice or first amp) and the POD X3, Vetta, or POD XT.
    Similar to Comparing the Johnson Marquis series to the Millenium series and GNX/GSP's.
    But having both right now, I like many of the models of my digitech GNX3 over the ones on my POD X3, the POD is kind of sterile sounding, good, but not as rich as the Digitech.

GT-10 is a pretty cool pedal. You can probably score a used GT-8 for a few hunderd less... I actually prefer the GT-8 but that's just a personal preference...

Guitars:

-Kramer Nightswan Custom
    -Schecter C1 Hellraiser (Black string through Body) <--Main Guitar
    -Ovation Celebrity Deluxe Acoustic Electric

Effects:

-Boss GT-8
    -Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Amp:

-65W Fender Princeton Chorus

I hardly ever use my amy I just DI the Boss into my PC and play through M-Audio monitors or headphones.

On the way is a brand new Schecter Loomis Signature 7 string with Floyd!!!
    Semper Fi

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies...

07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000)

the gt-8 impressed me, I've seen the reviews for the 10 and I'm sure it'd amaze you.

I run the GNX into the amp, run the models through the clean channel, then run a direct model to use the amps gain channel, which I like.
    I need to get the EQ out of the inline chain and put it though the effects loop again
    I run all my guitars wireless, so I can roam around the house while playing. The cats find it most interesting.

How are the models on the GT-8? Does it have the solo switch feature and how does that work?

One of the things I like about the GT-10 features is the possibility to control the amps channels through the board with the amp footswitch. I think....

One of the things I like about the RP1000 is the Amp Loop where you can drop the processors amp models and run your amps preamp into the processor and through the effects chain (and the stomp loop, only thing I'd put in there is an autowah triggering off the phaser, works great for psychedelic rock tunes)
    Last edited by ctgblue; 04-23-2009 at 06:13 AM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

I run the GNX into the amp, run the models through the clean channel, then run a direct model to use the amps gain channel, which I like.
    I need to get the EQ out of the inline chain and put it though the effects loop again
    I run all my guitars wireless, so I can roam around the house while playing. The cats find it most interesting.
    Agh, I lost my wireless piece and it really pisses me off. It was an akg setup, I called them and they wouldn't let me get just the wireless transmitter...so I'd have to buy a whole other setup. *******s

Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

How are the models on the GT-8? Does it have the solo switch feature and how does that work?

One of the things I like about the GT-10 features is the possibility to control the amps channels through the board with the amp footswitch. I think....

One of the things I like about the RP1000 is the Amp Loop where you can drop the processors amp models and run your amps preamp into the processor and through the effects chain (and the stomp loop, only thing I'd put in there is an autowah triggering off the phaser, works great for psychedelic rock tunes)
    GT8 has a bunch of cool models (my faves: 5150, Fender Twin, Mesa DR, Marshall JCM etc) and you can control external amp channels with it as well. GT10 is considered more user friendly although the only thing I don't like about it is purely cosmetic.

There's a whole website dedicated to patches as well. I have downloaded the Petrucci and Lynch patches and tweaked them for my liking.

I find that most sim based wah is kind of meh... I still use my Crybaby.

I also totally disabled the noise gate and I run my setup using more clean boost from the EQ with less gain. There is a gnarly PDF availble which is very helpful in finding killer tones.
    Semper Fi

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I broked a string
    Hero worship is unhealthy and cucklike

Originally Posted by Mindripper View Post
    I find that most sim based wah is kind of meh... I still use my Crybaby.

I also totally disabled the noise gate and I run my setup using more clean boost from the EQ with less gain. There is a gnarly PDF availble which is very helpful in finding killer tones.
    I have never been disappointed in the Digitech Wah sounds. My first DOD Tec8 - plastic POS was not great, but the RP-20 and the GNX3 have been awesome, I even sold my BudWah because i didn't need it.
    Now the Line 6 stuff has never been as good and the XT live sqeaks like a bitch.
    I have never really messed with the GT stuff much as my GC here has sh!t for brains and can't setup anything very well.
    I was disappointed in the Vox models on their floorboard.
    I initially got the GNX3 to record on the chip, although I never have. I do like the metal chassis and the fact that, if you don't move it, they look new forever.
    Slightly used GNX3 and 128SmartMedia card for sale...
    Last edited by ctgblue; 04-24-2009 at 07:55 AM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Registered User wickedsensation's Avatar
    wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dude, CTGBLUE, if you're into effects and modeling, I think you should check out an AXEFX.

Like I siad, I'm not really big on effects and stuff like that, but the AXEFX is beyond rad. It has everything you want.

I could never get into effects units because they sounded funky and always had weird overtones, but the AxeFX actually sounds pretty close to a real amp.

Check it!

lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000) lazybandit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bignpisst View Post
    I broked a string
    floating trem? if so have fun for the next few hours lol

alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lazybandit View Post
    Yeah, broken string + floating trem = not close to in tune. Good thing my Wolfgang's floyd doesn't float
    "Can I sign up? I want to start gaining some muscles."
    - Arnold in "Pumping Iron"

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lazybandit View Post
    Its on my Kramer Baretta so it has a Floyd. I can change and tune it faster than I can with any of my guitars with a standard bridge on them. When tuning a guitar with floater on it you have to gradually put tension on all the strings up to pitch together, you cant do it one at a time
    Hero worship is unhealthy and cucklike

Originally Posted by wickedsensation View Post
    Dude, CTGBLUE, if you're into effects and modeling, I think you should check out an AXEFX.

Like I siad, I'm not really big on effects and stuff like that, but the AXEFX is beyond rad. It has everything you want.

I could never get into effects units because they sounded funky and always had weird overtones, but the AxeFX actually sounds pretty close to a real amp.

Check it!
    WAYYYY out of my price range
    I'd get a GSP1101 and controller for 1/3 of that.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Anyone try the Zoom G9.2tt unit with the dual exp pedals?
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Registered User beasthousemania's Avatar
    beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000)
    Anyone try the Zoom G9.2tt unit with the dual exp pedals?
    no i never did

ever just like using a regular wah pedal ?
    9/16/09 = the day i quit smoking cigarettes forever.

Originally Posted by emass88 View Post
    no i never did

ever just like using a regular wah pedal ?
    not once I started gigging regularly
    with the GOOD floorboard wahs being damn near as good and better than some stand alone wahs, I would always rather carry ONE board than a bunch of pedals
    I haven't used a regular wah outside a clean blues amp in the house in 20+ years
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

colton_orr will become famous soon enough. (+50) colton_orr will become famous soon enough. (+50) colton_orr will become famous soon enough. (+50) colton_orr will become famous soon enough. (+50) colton_orr will become famous soon enough. (+50) colton_orr will become famous soon enough. (+50) colton_orr will become famous soon enough. (+50) colton_orr will become famous soon enough. (+50) colton_orr will become famous soon enough. (+50) colton_orr will become famous soon enough. (+50) colton_orr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what acoustic does everyone rock.

Ive got a Morgan Guitar and a Larrivee. I worked for Larrivee for about a year too.
    iRep

Originally Posted by colton_orr View Post
    what acoustic does everyone rock.

Ive got a Morgan Guitar and a Larrivee. I worked for Larrivee for about a year too.
    I have an Ovation Celebrity Deluxe... Its okay but would much rather have a Taylor or something higher end.
    Semper Fi

I am leaning towards the Boss Gt-10 as I like the way it can control your amps channels clean/drive and do this in the presets, so no need for the other footswitch at all, if you go for a high gain model, it changes to your amps clean channel
    if you want to use your amps gain channel, you can run a direct bypass model and it will switch the channel for you

Any of you Boss GT8 or GT10 users care to comment on the "solo switch" function?
    Have you ever used the volume controlled solo setting?
    Is this a hard to access feature if playing live?
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com