Closed Thread
Page 60 of 85 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 2523
    freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Monty522 View Post
    I am thinking about dropping 750 on the Egnater Rebel 20 Head.
    The Rebel 20 head should be costing around $550, not 700. Type it in google and you should see a vendor or two within that price range.
    What kind of music are you going to be playing and what type guitars, pedals? Playing with a band or just in the bedroom or both?

I've tried and tried to like Egnator amps and just don't but that is just me. I think the one that I did like was the tourmaster 4100 but in your price range the Tubemeister 36 is a good amp.
    CTGBLUE has demoed many many amps and I'd trust his opinion as most of my experience with Egnator is through store demos.

On the clean side the best selling amp is the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. But you are not going to do metal with that amp unless you trick it out with pedals and EQ and its 40 very loud watts. The III version is better distortion but not great. An EQ in the effects loop helps and changing the volume pot to linear in stead of audio.

My personal fav amp of late is the Bogner Goldfinger but as you know its not in the price range.

Sunnysayshi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sunnysayshi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sunnysayshi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sunnysayshi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sunnysayshi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hi misc check out my guitar for sale on ebay! search for item numeber 130857562863 it's an awsome looking custom painted swirl superstrat and plays like a beast!!!
    The funny thing about bodybuilding is that the more you progress the more you learn that you were further from your goal. The only people who succeed at this are the people that concentrate on consistency and disregard instant results.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by freewait View Post
    The Rebel 20 head should be costing around $550, not 700. Type it in google and you should see a vendor or two within that price range.
    What kind of music are you going to be playing and what type guitars, pedals? Playing with a band or just in the bedroom or both?

I've tried and tried to like Egnator amps and just don't but that is just me. I think the one that I did like was the tourmaster 4100 but in your price range the Tubemeister 36 is a good amp.
    CTGBLUE has demoed many many amps and I'd trust his opinion as most of my experience with Egnator is through store demos.

On the clean side the best selling amp is the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. But you are not going to do metal with that amp unless you trick it out with pedals and EQ and its 40 very loud watts. The III version is better distortion but not great. An EQ in the effects loop helps and changing the volume pot to linear in stead of audio.

My personal fav amp of late is the Bogner Goldfinger but as you know its not in the price range.
    Love the tourmaster, but 100 watts and big, but in that price range used, I'm selling my Vengeance for that, but 120 watts and big.

Go to Guitar Center used stuff for the used Rebel 20 pricing, low, even the 30 is below $500. I'd still opt for the 'on sale Tweaker 88, 2 channels, multiple tone shaping options, boost with clean or added gain on each channel, and a small head for that class, some say it's dark, but they don't know how to work a tweaker, it's called a "tweak"er for a reason.
    I still like the 3 channel TubeMeister 36 (obviously, I bought it and paid a lot more)
    The Tubemeister 18 has it all over the Rebel 20 IMO. and in the $700 range, you can bump into the Orange Dual terror (30, 15, 7 watts) 2 channels, similar tones to the rebel but more oomph.
    Sorry, but I think the Rebel 20 is just not a good amp, the 30 is much better and less than the $700 used, and there are just better amps out there. every time I've tried the 20, I've tried to coax good tones and wind up moving to a tweaker or the 30 to get what i want. hell, you can get a Renegade for that price range used.

The Hot rod Fender can get really mean with just a really good EQ through the loop, and has all the blues rock tones you need.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) War Machine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I love music

I love tech

I love "pushing the envelope"

but sometime sh*t gets stupid

NAMM 2013

* anatolian shepherd crew *

freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've known Audley Freed for many years and always thought his 6 part series on playing professional guitar was worth a listen. Very humble guy with serious chops and a nice resume to boot.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Cool little amp, on sale at Ultimate Guitars blowout sale today $139 - Four Force EM-1 5 Watt Electric Guitar Amplifier
    10" speaker, 5 watts, kind of cool, lowest price on Amazon is $179
    http://www.ultimateguitarstore.com/p...2ca1ca39fa5171

Four Force EM-1 state of the art amplifier and audiophile 5W Class A power amp will bring out all the detail in your music.
    Power Output: 5 Watts
    Speaker: 10 Inch
    Controls: Power On/ Off, Volume, Gain, Bass, Mid, and Treble.
    Indicators: Power On, Blue LED
    Connectors: Input Jack 1/4", Output Jack 1/4"
    Power Receptacle: 110 Volt - 240 Volt
    Cabinet: High Density Polyethylene
    Dimensions: 18"x11"x17.5

http://www.fourforce.us/products-page/amps/em-1/

I just sold my Egnater vengeance and Kustom Double Cross to pay for the DV Mark Triple 6, so I need to buy NO MORE amps, but thought someone might want to grab one
    Last edited by ctgblue; 03-06-2013 at 01:56 PM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    Cool little amp, on sale at Ultimate Guitars blowout sale today $139 - Four Force EM-1 5 Watt Electric Guitar Amplifier
    10" speaker, 5 watts, kind of cool, lowest price on Amazon is $179
    Four Force EM-1 state of the art amplifier and audiophile 5W Class A power amp will bring out all the detail in your music.
    Power Output: 5 Watts
    Speaker: 10 Inch
    Controls: Power On/ Off, Volume, Gain, Bass, Mid, and Treble.
    Indicators: Power On, Blue LED
    Connectors: Input Jack 1/4", Output Jack 1/4"
    Power Receptacle: 110 Volt - 240 Volt
    Cabinet: High Density Polyethylene
    Dimensions: 18"x11"x17.5

I just sold my Egnater vengeance and Kustom Double Cross to pay for the DV Mark Triple 6, so I need to buy NO MORE amps, but thought someone might want to grab one
    Not a bad little amp. Not heard of those.

IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    18 string bass what's the f'n point?
    "The road to salvation is through Christ"

Luke 1:74
    to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear

^Love is the power of the righteousness life that overcomes the fear that leads to sin, and the life in which God is pleased.

flyfishingbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flyfishingbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flyfishingbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flyfishingbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flyfishingbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flyfishingbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flyfishingbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flyfishingbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flyfishingbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flyfishingbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flyfishingbrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just picked up my first guitar today. A Yamaha 720s. Such an improvement from the thirty-five year old Yamaha I was using.
    Meditation crew*

Not a bad little amp. Not heard of those.
    It's a 5 watt mosfet power section, class A. 4 different gains stages, not metal but good 'stack' lead tone, sounds like a good blues rock practice amp. a hell of a lot less than other 5 watt tube amps and has a 10" speaker.

Side note
    Really enjoying the DV Mark, it has gain like the early 90's dual rectifiers, without the fizz.

Small head, not much bigger than the Tubemeister 36, very aggressive tones, but cleans up nice.
    120 watts out of 2 KT88's and one EC83.... must be set up to run hot. Maybe that's why it's all perforated metal.

Still trying to figure out the FX loop and WHY they tied the boost into it (must have FX loop on to use solo boost)
    Last edited by ctgblue; 03-11-2013 at 05:37 AM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Still trying to figure out the FX loop and WHY they tied the boost into it (must have FX loop on to use solo boost)
    I've used a volume pedal in my effects loop as a poor man's boost. This might use the same concept and is a cheap way to get in-between the preamp and power stages of the amp to boost volume when activated. What actually happens is volume is always cut until the "boost" is activated which really just returns it to normal volume. my 2 cents. Only works in a series effects loop and not parallel though.

nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's a 5 watt mosfet power section, class A. 4 different gains stages, not metal but good 'stack' lead tone, sounds like a good blues rock practice amp. a hell of a lot less than other 5 watt tube amps and has a 10" speaker.

Side note
    Really enjoying the DV Mark, it has gain like the early 90's dual rectifiers, without the fizz.

Small head, not much bigger than the Tubemeister 36, very aggressive tones, but cleans up nice.
    120 watts out of 2 KT88's and one EC83.... must be set up to run hot. Maybe that's why it's all perforated metal.

Is it a solid state or tube fx loop? If the boost is adding another gain stage then it is probably utilizing the FX loop tube to do so. That's the only reason why I can think it has to be engaged.

BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by flyfishingbrah View Post
    Just picked up my first guitar today. A Yamaha 720s. Such an improvement from the thirty-five year old Yamaha I was using.
    Awesome, brah!
    The assassins of freedom tend the burning of truth.

Originally Posted by nick911sc View Post
    Is it a solid state or tube fx loop? If the boost is adding another gain stage then it is probably utilizing the FX loop tube to do so. That's the only reason why I can think it has to be engaged.
    I looked and it is all solid state. I was thinking tubes but if solid state I'm not sure why they tied the boost into the effects loops. With transistors you can pretty much do whatever wherever.

nawoc6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nawoc6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nawoc6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nawoc6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nawoc6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nawoc6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nawoc6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nawoc6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nawoc6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nawoc6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nawoc6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Had no idea this thread existed...

Gear:

Guitar: Gibson Les Paul Standard Goldtop.
    Amp: Budda Superdrive 30 1x12
    Effects: Joe Bonamassa crybaby, TS9 Tubescreamer, Way Huge Pork Loin overdrive, Fulltone Supa Trem, Boss DD3 Delay.
    2k+ reps (I try to always rep back)
    I-L-L!
    St. Louis Rams
    Lake Show!

"That is Hulk Hogan's signature look. Blond Chinese hair and skin of a hot dog. It's awesome!" - Dennis Reynolds

guitar playing: http://www.youtube.com/user/09ncowan/videos?flow=grid&view=0

***Ramen Noodles Crew***

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Anybody have experience with wireless systems? I'm looking to get one but I've never used one before and know nothing about them. Heard they can seriously affect your tone.

Originally Posted by An hero View Post
    Anybody have experience with wireless systems? I'm looking to get one but I've never used one before and know nothing about them. Heard they can seriously affect your tone.
    Not an expert but I can give you my experience. I started playing a ton of years ago when wireless was crap (old VHF stuff). It really changed your tone in a bad way, was unreliable and I've even played in situations where RF interference was a common occurrence all the time. So for years I went strictly with cable. Then comes the "tone snob" years where I researched everything to death from start to finish and noted that I could get different tones just by using different cables and lengths. Plus wireless was scoffed at to say the least. Side note: But as cables go, some of the best badass rock sounds in history were on a cheap coil cable which was a "part" of that classic sound so “Tone” is highly subjective and anything and everything impacts your tone in that chain from your brain to the final source of audio. . The newer UHF wireless is better but both of these analog systems compress the signal for radio transmission, then expand it again at the receiver. This is one reason it affects your tone.
    But today there are digital solutions and many improvements in the analog business as well. And I’m again trying wireless. Line 6 has acquired the X2 company, whose digital technology wireless systems had already developed a reputation for being totally transparent, adding no compression or artifacts to the tone. I am using the Line 6 XDR95 system and so far I must admit I’ve changed my mind about wireless. I’m not a Line 6 fan in general but the X2 Company was well known for their solid products. Really shines on pick attack and clarity of tone. I did a side by side test with a 3’ cable and I still think the cable wins out for me, but people buy wireless for many reasons that overrule tone. Only negative I found was that rechargeable batteries do not seem to work well or last very long. Must have spare alkaline’s around!
    Cheers.

And I've been using the same Samson TD wireless rig for 15 years, in and out of bands, places large small, indoor outdoor,
    The only time I noticed a tone drop, was when I accidentally turned the output down halfway (actually traded 3 amps because I didn't know it happened).
    This was a mid priced ($180 back then) system, true diversity and I can't tell the difference between it and straight cable.
    But I didn have a more expensive rack mounted rig, that was subject to interference.
    I've had more tone drop from pedals than anything else, which is why I went to floorboards.
    Depending on what you need it for, try one and see for yourself.
    Once you go wireless, you'll NEVER want to be tied down again.

Note: I feel I must add; I play with quite a bit of gain, I don't play 'super clean' very often. So when I say it doesn't change my tone, I have no idea how it would affect a super clean tone. But I did do some clean songs live and I still did not notice a difference.
    I still feel, if you get the right rig, a pedal (even some that claim true bypass) will color your tone more by being in the chain, than the wireless rig will. Cracks me up when guys playing blues, with 20 yr old pedals, claim that wireless will suck you tone. "Try unplugging all those damn pedals"
    Last edited by ctgblue; 03-20-2013 at 06:29 AM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

And I've been using the same Samson TD wireless rig for 15 years, in and out of bands, places large small, indoor outdoor,
    The only time I noticed a tone drop, was when I accidentally turned the output down halfway (actually traded 3 amps because I didn't know it happened).
    This was a mid priced ($180 back then) system, true diversity and I can't tell the difference between it and straight cable.
    But I didn have a more expensive rack mounted rig, that was subject to interference.
    I've had more tone drop from pedals than anything else, which is why I went to floorboards.
    Depending on what you need it for, try one and see for yourself.
    Once you go wireless, you'll NEVER want to be tied down again.

Note: I feel I must add; I play with quite a bit of gain, I don't play 'super clean' very often. So when I say it doesn't change my tone, I have no idea how it would affect a super clean tone. But I did do some clean songs live and I still did not notice a difference.
    I still feel, if you get the right rig, a pedal (even some that claim true bypass) will color your tone more by being in the chain, than the wireless rig will. Cracks me up when guys playing blues, with 20 yr old pedals, claim that wireless will suck you tone. "Try unplugging all those damn pedals"
    Samson is good stuff.

And you made a great point, there is much involved in the chain to finding your "tone". Walk into any club and I'm willing to bet you'll sometimes be faced with hearing hum from a band due to poor A/C power. In that instance a 'wireless' solution can actually help get better tone. It’ll at least break the ground between your guitar and other devices on stage. Beyond pedals as CTGBLU mentions (which I agree 100%) pedal board power is the #1 source of most tone issues or at least "hum". I actually use Sanyo's Pedal Juice to avoid using A/C at all. I've had issues and out of shear desperation I unplugged an acoustic from the snake and it completely quieted down the whole stage. Who knew.

Samson is good stuff.

And you made a great point, there is much involved in the chain to finding your "tone". Walk into any club and I'm willing to bet you'll sometimes be faced with hearing hum from a band due to poor A/C power. In that instance a 'wireless' solution can actually help get better tone. It’ll at least break the ground between your guitar and other devices on stage. Beyond pedals as CTGBLU mentions (which I agree 100%) pedal board power is the #1 source of most tone issues or at least "hum". I actually use Sanyo's Pedal Juice to avoid using A/C at all. I've had issues and out of shear desperation I unplugged an acoustic from the snake and it completely quieted down the whole stage. Who knew.
    I went with a rack mounted power conditioner and run all the AC from there.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

I went with a rack mounted power conditioner and run all the AC from there.
    That is what most pro folks do as well. I had an old Furman years ago that seemed to be a great unit.

andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000) andrew450r is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just put some new elixir strings on my acoustic a couple days ago. Like them a lot so far!

iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by andrew450r View Post
    Just put some new elixir strings on my acoustic a couple days ago. Like them a lot so far!
    I use elixirs too, pretty smooth tones and they last quite a long time
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    It is the power of the mind to be unconquerable

nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nick911sc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Carvin DC700 will be here tomorrow!! Will post pictures

Carvin DC700 Custom 7 String guitar. Excuse poverty cell phone picture as I'm at the office, will post higher res when I get home.

EDIT:: New photo

Last edited by nick911sc; 04-03-2013 at 05:48 PM.

biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by IntensityX View Post
    18 string bass what's the f'n point?
    It's setup like a 12 string guitar. It's a six string bass with two octave strings per...string. lulz

biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) biggestmuff is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by andrew450r View Post
    Originally Posted by iTzDevo View Post
    I use elixirs too, pretty smooth tones and they last quite a long time
    I use Elixirs on my acoustic. They seem to last longer on my guitars that aren't played as much.

I've known Audley Freed for many years and always thought his 6 part series on playing professional guitar was worth a listen. Very humble guy with serious chops and a nice resume to boot.

Not my type of music, but pretty interesting seeing how others use their equipment for their style of playing.

GrindEmDown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GrindEmDown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GrindEmDown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GrindEmDown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GrindEmDown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GrindEmDown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GrindEmDown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GrindEmDown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GrindEmDown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GrindEmDown is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GrindEmDown is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Can someone please aware me on the cheapest way to record guitar through my PC? I had a little marshall amp I tried using but I had gotten way too much delay when I tried recording through it and the gain was just too high so it was inaudible. Thanks

Originally Posted by GrindEmDown View Post
    Can someone please aware me on the cheapest way to record guitar through my PC? I had a little marshall amp I tried using but I had gotten way too much delay when I tried recording through it and the gain was just too high so it was inaudible. Thanks
    An interface like Focusrite or Audix would be the best bet. But the latency may depend on the quality of your computer. I'm currently running a Focusrite Scarlett USB interface and it honestly exceeded my expectations as I used to have an Audix Firebox (firewire generally has lower latency).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...e?src=3WWRWXGP

Then you'll need a good mic, etc