Closed Thread
Page 81 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 2523
    00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Best entry-level looping pedal?

Deciding between TC Electronic Ditto Looper and Boss RC-1.

Might go with the Boss because it seems like a better bargain.

Registered Gym Rat CherryPopinski's Avatar
    CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Need help deciding on an Amp

Blackstar HT-1R

Blackstar HT-1 Metal Combo

Both are similar 1W offerings from Blackstar. The Metal series is basically just revoiced for metal players. I don't need anything fancy both are good amps having a hard time deciding though here's video.

HT-1R

HT-1 Metal (For some reason this won't embed)
    [youbtube]H65nNjyyluU[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H65nNjyyluU
    No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

-Socrates

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    actually, IMO, dump both Ht-1 ideas and get their ID Core 20 or 40 for less money.

The HT-1 has very little gain and I've heard nothing good about the HT-1 metal either.

I have the ID Core 20 and it has all the voicings, super high gain if you want it, great cleans, and the widest stereo delay I've ever heard

I'm telling you, from trying at least a dozen HT-1's, they just don't get it, even the HT-5 is only 80's rock(had one). You don't get good high gain until you hit the HT-40 (which is a badass and actually hotter than the 60)

Their regular ID series is okay, but the ID Core really does it all, especially for a practice amp. And it works great as an mp3 amp too. I use it to play backing tracks while I jam.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

bob1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone else run a titan? Boutique amp handmade by one guy. I run one with a PRS. Amazing high gainer and not bad clean channel either.

bob1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also run a Winfield cyclone but that is a totally different thing. Based on pre jmi Era vox. Run this one in church with another prs with tv jones classic and classic plus pickups. Awesome tone. Also, the builder is top notch!

CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50) CharonRower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Didnt see this thread before, how neat!
    I have a few Epiphone SGs that I play in E, but I mostly play on my ESP Eclipse that I have in drop D and am considering having tuned to drop C

I play into an Orange Tiny Terror into a Marshall 300W cab with 4 Celestions v30
    Current Lifts
    Deadlift: 150x7/162.5x3
    Bench: 100x2
    Squat: 100x4 (RIP)
    OHP: 51x5

StriveForHonor is just really nice. (+1000) StriveForHonor is just really nice. (+1000) StriveForHonor is just really nice. (+1000) StriveForHonor is just really nice. (+1000) StriveForHonor is just really nice. (+1000) StriveForHonor is just really nice. (+1000) StriveForHonor is just really nice. (+1000) StriveForHonor is just really nice. (+1000) StriveForHonor is just really nice. (+1000) StriveForHonor is just really nice. (+1000) StriveForHonor is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 00o View Post

I have friends who strongly recommend the Ditto-Not to mention, the sound is GREAT.

CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    actually, IMO, dump both Ht-1 ideas and get their ID Core 20 or 40 for less money.

The HT-1 has very little gain and I've heard nothing good about the HT-1 metal either.

I have the ID Core 20 and it has all the voicings, super high gain if you want it, great cleans, and the widest stereo delay I've ever heard

I'm telling you, from trying at least a dozen HT-1's, they just don't get it, even the HT-5 is only 80's rock(had one). You don't get good high gain until you hit the HT-40 (which is a badass and actually hotter than the 60)

Their regular ID series is okay, but the ID Core really does it all, especially for a practice amp. And it works great as an mp3 amp too. I use it to play backing tracks while I jam.
    Thanks man, I'll check some reviews.
    No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

-Socrates

So I took you're suggestion and got an ID: Core 10W it's got the same features as the 20 & 40 obviously but I don't need the volume output of the higher wattage amps. I spent a good hour using the amp in my local guitar center and has plenty of features and the gain is waaaaaay more hardcore than my Fender Frontman 10G starter amp that I recently sold.

I just gotta mess around with the sounds and look up some basic stuff about using it online. Overall I like the sounds it can produce for $99 not a bad deal.

-Socrates

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Glad you like it
    I still want an HT100 Metal, but no budget for that one....
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

Glad you like it
    I still want an HT100 Metal, but no budget for that one....
    I want a Randall Satan lmao

-Socrates

Originally Posted by CherryPopinski View Post
    I want a Randall Satan lmao
    If we're going for it, I REALLY want an Engl Invader with the midi board controller, or an Orange Dual Dark 50

lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by matw View Post
    Going to buy a strat soon. Are the pickups that come with them decent or should I replace the pickups? (probably be getting the American standard, budget is about $2k)

Can't decide between these:

Would like opinions on what color strat is the best
    Ended up buying a $3k 1959 strat reissue 3 tone sunburst (I like the vintage ones but don't have the cash to buy an actual pre CBS strat). Pricey but I'm pretty excited for it. Guitar store had to order it in so will get at the end of the week.

iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by matw View Post
    Ended up buying a $3k 1959 strat reissue 3 tone sunburst (I like the vintage ones but don't have the cash to buy an actual pre CBS strat). Pricey but I'm pretty excited for it. Guitar store had to order it in so will get at the end of the week.

[youtube]xsR_YjaoqQc/youtube]
    That strat makes me moist. Congrats
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    It is the power of the mind to be unconquerable

matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matw has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by iTzDevo View Post
    That strat makes me moist. Congrats
    Cheers man, will post pics when I get it.

I went with the used Digitech Jamman solo (not xt), a LOT more time and less money than a new ditto (was under $100 on Amazon).
    Now, these little looper SOB's are not easy, if you don't have perfect foot control, you'll be off on the beat, and I mean perfect. I've gotten it right like twice and erased dozens of them
    others I know have the same experience

but the jamman solo series has MUCH longer loop times and you can open them up with micro sd cards for like hours of recording
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 00o has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I went with the used Digitech Jamman solo (not xt), a LOT more time and less money than a new ditto (was under $100 on Amazon).
    Now, these little looper SOB's are not easy, if you don't have perfect foot control, you'll be off on the beat, and I mean perfect. I've gotten it right like twice and erased dozens of them
    others I know have the same experience

but the jamman solo series has MUCH longer loop times and you can open them up with micro sd cards for like hours of recording
    A friend told me the same thing, that loopers are almost impossible to use without perfect timing. Think I'll actually hold off on the purchase for now.

Guys I need a quick suggestion on strings. I'm primarily a Metal guitarist influenced by Mastodon, and a few major bands like Metallica and stuff. Though Mastodons stuff is mostly in D/C Standard I think. What gauges/strings would you guys recommend? I play and Epiphone G-400

Also if I start making extensive use of Drop Tunings should I mess around trying to intonate my guitar?

-Socrates

StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) StatutoryApe213 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Guys I need a quick suggestion on strings. I'm primarily a Metal guitarist influenced by Mastodon, and a few major bands like Metallica and stuff. Though Mastodons stuff is mostly in D/C Standard I think. What gauges/strings would you guys recommend? I play and Epiphone G-400

Also if I start making extensive use of Drop Tunings should I mess around trying to intonate my guitar?
    D Standard/Drop C - .10s
    C Standard - .11s

D'addario strings have been my choice for a while. And yes, you should intonate your guitar, especially if you wanna try out the very heavy downtunings.

Originally Posted by StatutoryApe213 View Post
    D Standard/Drop C - .10s
    C Standard - .11s

D'addario strings have been my choice for a while. And yes, you should intonate your guitar, especially if you wanna try out the very heavy downtunings.
    Lol what I'm already using 10's in E standard.

-Socrates

Can someone answer me this question I watched a video on YouTube about string gauges and the video said that for D/C Tuning I should use these, which are the exact strings I just bought. I strung up and tuned to D standard but the strings seem buzzy. Is this normal or should I try a lower gauge. I'm pretty confident I restrung the guitar correctly.

-Socrates

WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000)
    is there a p&w/worship leader thread ITT forum??

edit: srs

So posted a pic of the HTSB strings I'm using above just out of curiosity. Is that gauge ok for E Standard? I'd assume so, but I have them in D Standard right now. Reason I ask is because a lot of the songs I like to play are drop tuned but I'm also taking my lessons and would like to practice my lesson material in E Standard. I'd assume it's not smart to switch between tunings like that on a weekly basis but just figured I'd ask.

Just in case anyone misses it lol these are the strings I'm using

-Socrates

BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BioDiver has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can someone answer me this question I watched a video on YouTube about string gauges and the video said that for D/C Tuning I should use these, which are the exact strings I just bought. I strung up and tuned to D standard but the strings seem buzzy. Is this normal or should I try a lower gauge. I'm pretty confident I restrung the guitar correctly.

[img][/img]
    Are you sure it isn't just new string buzz?

And FWIW, I stopped buying Ernie Ball years ago. DR or bust.

And yes, all strings are designed to work best with standard tuning unless the manufacturer specifically specifies.

All this is from my experience with bass, so YMMV.

Originally Posted by BioDiver View Post
    Are you sure it isn't just new string buzz?

And FWIW, I stopped buying Ernie Ball years ago. DR or bust.

And yes, all strings are designed to work best with standard tuning unless the manufacturer specifically specifies.

All this is from my experience with bass, so YMMV.
    I determined it to be a bridge height issue. I was messing around with it earlier but my guitar was never set-up since I bought it "new" a couple months ago I lack the required tools to precisely set-up the instrument myself. But if it stays in tune and nothings broken then whats there to worry about right?
    Last edited by CherryPopinski; 08-23-2015 at 10:33 PM.

-Socrates

A friend told me the same thing, that loopers are almost impossible to use without perfect timing. Think I'll actually hold off on the purchase for now.
    AMS has the express (10mins rec time) for $75 scratch and dent
    http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-DSP-DODJMEXTV
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

rhythmbone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rhythmbone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rhythmbone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rhythmbone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rhythmbone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rhythmbone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rhythmbone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rhythmbone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rhythmbone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rhythmbone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rhythmbone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I determined it to be a bridge height issue. I was messing around with it earlier but my guitar was never set-up since I bought it "new" a couple months ago I lack the required tools to precisely set-up the instrument myself. But if it stays in tune and nothings broken then whats there to worry about right?
    Have it professionally setup for sure. Switching between standard and a Downtuned C will effect everything. Going between the two on the same guitar will affect whichever tuning it was not set up for. Intonation, action, pickup height and everything will be different because of either more or less tension exerted by the strings

So I'm a guitar player of relatively decent skill I'd say, and right now I have a basic set-up with my Epiphone Thunderhorse ran into a Blackstar ID Core 10 using a dinky Fender cable that came with a Squier that I've long since sold.

Been thinking about upgrading amps for a few reasons.

-The ID Core 10 is the smallest in it's family and doesn't allow for use with foot switches
    -It has a AUX input but the speaker is too small to retain clarity along with the guitar and iPhone running at loud volumes
    -The gain can be cracked to max but again if the volume is too loud it gets too harsh and you lose all clarity in the guitar.
    -Long story short it's not articulate/loud enough.

I doubt it's the guitar or my playing but even though the ID Core 10 is a fantastic practice amp with tons of features, for some reason I've felt very limited with it lately and have been thinking about saving up for a new amp set-up.

The Orange Micro Dark was recently released I thought about picking up the head and a 1x12 Cab from Orange. I figured that's plenty loud for a bedroom guitarist. I hear it has tons of gain which is perfect for me since I consider my self a Rock/Metal player. From what I understand the tiny amp head has three basic switches and a FX loop, I assume that means you can use pedal board? Or just one pedal at a time? It doesn't have an AUX in I don't think which sucks when I want to cover music but the rig seems promising.

The amp head and cab are roughly $500 together versus the $99 I paid for my ID Core 10. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

(Basically I'm looking for something loud, full of gain, yet articulate and clear at the same time.)

-Socrates

^^^^^^
    See if you can find a Blackstar HT40 used at GC for around $400, it'll be more than you need, and it has more gain than the HT60 212's for some reason.

Although these are a STEAL right now, and they have that solo boost feature where you can also boost mids
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/291310306035...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

^^^^^^
    See if you can find a Blackstar HT40 used at GC for around $400, it'll be more than you need, and it has more gain than the HT60 212's for some reason.

Although these are a STEAL right now, and they have that solo boost feature where you can also boost mids
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/291310306035...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    What do you think of the Orange CR60C 1x12 Combo? It's solid-state, 60 watts. I tried one in my local Guitar Center and read/watched reviews online. I'm really used to a shape/ISF control so I'm not really good at dialing in EQ with Treble, Mids, and Bass. But I managed to get some pretty decent tones out of it. Not sure if it's just the amp but sounds really British to me. I can get Sabbath tones very easily out of this amp. I've been thinking of saving up for it. My friend thinks I should get something with tubes. My budget is around $300-$500

-Socrates