Closed Thread
Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    I have a 1970's era Washburn Woodstock model A acc/elec guitar
    Piezo under the bridge and pole piece in the neck itself, phenominal fat sound when plugged up and tremendous action
    Used to take this to the accoustic jams when I was younger, the young metalhead with the fast accoustic, picked up some women that way for sure
    it's in this picture with all the other guitars (that have since been sold, except the two purple jacksons on the floor, married with children)
    Last edited by ctgblue; 04-27-2009 at 11:28 AM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    Well there's a WORLD of difference between the POS Line 6 combo amps (great for practice or first amp) and the POD X3, Vetta, or POD XT.
    I would hold off on this statement - I had the original Line6 Spider 1x12 combo and ran it into my ADA 200w poweramp into my Marshall 4x12 and it sounded AMAZING.

It was as if the tone actually grew up. Night and day difference. It was thick, meaty, clear and articulated. Not to mention it ROARED when you wanted it to.

I think it even sounded better than my PODxt, but I'll have to find another original 1x12 Spider (since the later ones weren't nearly as good) to compare it with.

Originally Posted by colton_orr View Post
    what acoustic does everyone rock.

Ive got a Morgan Guitar and a Larrivee. I worked for Larrivee for about a year too.
    Originally Posted by Mindripper View Post
    I have an Ovation Celebrity Deluxe... Its okay but would much rather have a Taylor or something higher end.
    Larrivee makes the best guitars I've ever played - PERIOD. I played one of the 7k models and my jaw actually fell open. I couldn't believe a guitar could sound that good. So perfectly balanced and rich-sounding. It even played leads like an unplugged electric!

There wasn't a single Martin, Taylor or Gibson in that high-dollar room that even came close. If I were the man responible for putting out those other guitars I'd have been embarrassed.

I really, REALLY like Taylors, but in my ears there are acoustic guitars and then there are Larrivee's.
    Last edited by BobDaNob; 04-27-2009 at 12:14 PM.
    The assassins of freedom tend the burning of truth.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by BobDaNob View Post
    I would hold off on this statement - I had the original Line6 Spider 1x12 combo and ran it into my ADA 200w poweramp into my Marshall 4x12 and it sounded AMAZING.
    I had one of those two, and the amp itself was just soso
    but the current model Spiders on their own - that's what the comment is based on
    I mean come on, you can pretty much fart through 200watts and a 4x12 cab and have it sound good

what pisses me off the most about the line 6 stuff is that you must have the $300 floorboard for the $200 amp to get to all the features
    WTF is that all about??? Oh yea, greed...
    I like the X3, but the Vetta is a really nice amp, especially the Vetta 2 series
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

GuitarRocker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well i guess ill get into this thread im new to this site and play guitar.I have a gibson Nighthawk(they stopped making these models for some reason) has to be the nicest guitar i have ever played.i run it through an old United amp(10 watts max..tube amp).Garnet made the united amps back in the day.Sometimes i get a bit funky and will play through an old small stone phaser or a real tube distortion pedal.

BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I mean come on, you can pretty much fart through 200watts and a 4x12 cab and have it sound good
    I could never quite get it loud enough for the pickups, though...
    The assassins of freedom tend the burning of truth.

Damn, I sold everything and am now down to just my new amp.

Looking hard at the GT-10 as it has the ability to change the amps channels within the parameters of each patch
    QAny GT-8 or GT-10 users use this function?
    How well does it work?
    How good are the amp models in this line?
    I am so used to the Digitech models, which I prefer to the Line 6 ones of comparable tone.
    I run high gain models through the clean channel set pretty flat and run a 'direct' model into the gain channel to use the amps gain. I am using an outboard EQ in the effects loop of the amp, which really wakes up the heavy stuff as well as the accoustic sims.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn, I sold everything and am now down to just my new amp.

Looking hard at the GT-10 as it has the ability to change the amps channels within the parameters of each patch
    QAny GT-8 or GT-10 users use this function?
    How well does it work?
    How good are the amp models in this line?
    I am so used to the Digitech models, which I prefer to the Line 6 ones of comparable tone.
    I run high gain models through the clean channel set pretty flat and run a 'direct' model into the gain channel to use the amps gain. I am using an outboard EQ in the effects loop of the amp, which really wakes up the heavy stuff as well as the accoustic sims.
    Amp models (the 5150 and Fender twin make up the backbone of my tone) and effects for the Boss GT series are great. The tone once tweaked is incredible. I have the Brillance PDF guide for leveling and setting up the GT-8... Honestly it improved my tone x10.

I don't use the amp switching feature as of yet.
    Semper Fi

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies...

Amp models (the 5150 and Fender twin make up the backbone of my tone) and effects for the Boss GT series are great. The tone once tweaked is incredible. I have the Brillance PDF guide for leveling and setting up the GT-8... Honestly it improved my tone x10.

I don't use the amp switching feature as of yet.
    Can you shoot me the PDF link for that setup guide?

How are the rectified sounds?

My concern with the amp switching is if it works with my stereo input that does the channels and gain/volume boost.
    I can see switchin on the gain boost full time as long as it switches channels
    but if it does not work with my amp, I may lean back towards the GNX3000 or RP1000 as I love the digi models
    The POD X3 live is a consideration, but I just never fell in love with the models on the X3(although the Connor and SLO patches are unique), which is why I tweaked more than played.

the MUST HAVE for me is the USB input to the computer, in case I decide to sell the Gearbox Gold DI
    Last edited by ctgblue; 04-30-2009 at 05:58 AM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can you shoot me the PDF link for that setup guide?

How are the rectified sounds?

My concern with the amp switching is if it works with my stereo input that does the channels and gain/volume boost.
    I can see switchin on the gain boost full time as long as it switches channels
    but if it does not work with my amp, I may lean back towards the GNX3000 or RP1000 as I love the digi models
    The POD X3 live is a consideration, but I just never fell in love with the models on the X3(although the Connor and SLO patches are unique), which is why I tweaked more than played.

the MUST HAVE for me is the USB input to the computer, in case I decide to sell the Gearbox Gold DI
    You can DL'd it here.

http://www.esnips.com/web/BossGt-8/

I have a Petrucci and Timmons Mesa patch that is pretty damn good. The Soldano model is also really decent. I have Lynch patch is also decent.

http://www.esnips.com/web/BossGt-8/

Test the GT-10 with your exact amp and see if it works the way you think it should.

GT-8 doesn't have a USB input so I run MIDI and a digital out.
    Semper Fi

Test the GT-10 with your exact amp and see if it works the way you think it should.

GT-8 doesn't have a USB input so I run MIDI and a digital out.
    Nobody has my setup, that's the problem.
    But my GNX3 sounded really great with the Valveking, the direct patch into the clean channel was a big surprise as it had a really fat jazzy sound, unlike many other amps I've run direct.

I've got time, it's not like there's a shortage of these on ebay, and MF always has a blem somewhere.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Registered User wickedsensation's Avatar
    wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000)
    The new Fryette (VHT) amp site is finally up!

http://www.sfdamp.com/

AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    well practice i guess i dont really need a gig ready amp and sadly i got 2 crap $150 amps lol. I got great guitars stonebridge g23-cr and a srv signature strat. I been happy with my stonebridge but i wanna play my electric more.

Originally Posted by AntoineDufour View Post
    well practice i guess i dont really need a gig ready amp and sadly i got 2 crap $150 amps lol. I got great guitars stonebridge g23-cr and a srv signature strat. I been happy with my stonebridge but i wanna play my electric more.
    My 2 cents:

Always play before you buy!!!

If you really into the blues more than Metal or Rock I would recommend a used Fender like a Hot Rod or a Blues deluxe. If you are looking for some tonal options maybe a modelling amp like the Peavey Transtube stuff or even a nicer Line 6...

anyway look around and play your guitar through the amp you're looking at.
    Semper Fi

I am also very happy with my new Peavey Valveking, while I definitely prefer the 212 100 watt, the 112 40watt would be a great blues, classic rock type amp with a pretty damn good clean channel

The used 212 goes for around $400, and the used 112 around $250-300
    almost any guitar center or peavey dealer will have a 112, so if you want the 212 imagine the 112 with a lot more balls and gain
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am also very happy with my new Peavey Valveking, while I definitely prefer the 212 100 watt, the 112 40watt would be a great blues, classic rock type amp with a pretty damn good clean channel

The used 212 goes for around $400, and the used 112 around $250-300
    almost any guitar center or peavey dealer will have a 112, so if you want the 212 imagine the 112 with a lot more balls and gain
    It is hard to go wrong with Peavey
    "He's a good athlete! I want his dick in me!" ~~~ Quote from the Goose ~~~

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=374307121&posted=1#post374307121

Hell is worth all that... The_Champ01's Avatar
    The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My 2 cents:

Always play before you buy!!!

If you really into the blues more than Metal or Rock I would recommend a used Fender like a Hot Rod or a Blues deluxe. If you are looking for some tonal options maybe a modelling amp like the Peavey Transtube stuff or even a nicer Line 6...

anyway look around and play your guitar through the amp you're looking at.
    I agree with this to an extent but sometimes you see a guitar you really want but the shops don't have it in and the only way they'll get it in for you to try/buy is for you to pay 20% deposit, well that's the way it is here in aus. My dream guitar is this puppy and I almost had it last year but lost my job and needed to save every penny.

"Alcohol and night swimming... it's a winning combination!".

And the people bowed and prayed to the neon god they made.

I steal my **** from MacGyver...

If women ran the world, we'd still be searching for the wheel.

07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000) 07hudson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by The_Champ01 View Post
    I agree with this to an extent but sometimes you see a guitar you really want but the shops don't have it in and the only way they'll get it in for you to try/buy is for you to pay 20% deposit, well that's the way it is here in aus. My dream guitar is this puppy and I almost had it last year but lost my job and needed to save every penny.

I hate gibson now. Think back in the day they made top guitars but now it just seems like they are riding on their name. The prices they put on the quality of guitars they have now??? Rediculous, I'd rather buy an epiphone and tune it up than spend a rediculous amount of money on a guitar that doesn't have any personal craftsmanship or quality put into it. Either way still loving my shecter C1 FR hellraiser. This guitar is plain rude

Spent about 30-45 minutes with a GT-10 this weekend, and 5 minutes with an RP-1000 reminded me of why I like the digitech models better.
    So now I am really screwed
    Almost bought a GSP1101 but got snaked last minute
    So iam back and forth between the RP-1000 and the GNX3000
    Nods to the GNX for being very familiar with lots of new models, nods to the RP-1000 for more good models and amp loop/stomp loop
    still like the GT-10 but not as much after playing with it, no direct patch
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) The_Champ01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by 07hudson View Post
    I hate gibson now. Think back in the day they made top guitars but now it just seems like they are riding on their name. The prices they put on the quality of guitars they have now??? Rediculous, I'd rather buy an epiphone and tune it up than spend a rediculous amount of money on a guitar that doesn't have any personal craftsmanship or quality put into it. Either way still loving my shecter C1 FR hellraiser. This guitar is plain rude
    Yeah that guitar I posted had some quality issues when released there's a couple of posts online about how there were paint issues where you could actually see the woodgrain and random holes in the neck joint too. All that for a guitar that costs $3000 AUD, really **** quality, but still it's my fav shape and colour so i'd have to hope the craftsman does a good job. I own two epi's the goth explorer and studio les paul both = awesome guitar to play the only issue it the pickups on the les paul are very noisy and over sensitive to random noises.

Yeah that guitar I posted had some quality issues when released there's a couple of posts online about how there were paint issues where you could actually see the woodgrain and random holes in the neck joint too. All that for a guitar that costs $3000 AUD, really **** quality, but still it's my fav shape and colour so i'd have to hope the craftsman does a good job. I own two epi's the goth explorer and studio les paul both = awesome guitar to play the only issue it the pickups on the les paul are very noisy and over sensitive to random noises.
    Exactly man. It's not that gibsons are bad guitars it's just that they are rediculously overpriced now. Especially for the attention given to each guitar. Doesn't seem to be much seperating them from Epiphone now. I wouldn't mind trying the new guitar out that gibson came out with....trying to remember what it was. Shiz can't remember, it was really new and had some kind of electronic feature to it, maybe it was being able to plug strait into computer?? Ugh can't remember and my internet is slow. It was a les paul style body with a smoke or silver burst looking finish. Looked awesome anyway.

Oh btw got to love that solid white finish man!!! My shecter is solid white and it is gorgeous! Name her snow white

Exactly man. It's not that gibsons are bad guitars it's just that they are rediculously overpriced now. Especially for the attention given to each guitar. Doesn't seem to be much seperating them from Epiphone now. I wouldn't mind trying the new guitar out that gibson came out with....trying to remember what it was. Shiz can't remember, it was really new and had some kind of electronic feature to it, maybe it was being able to plug strait into computer?? Ugh can't remember and my internet is slow. It was a les paul style body with a smoke or silver burst looking finish. Looked awesome anyway.

Oh btw got to love that solid white finish man!!! My shecter is solid white and it is gorgeous! Name her snow white
    Yeah, I know way over priced for the random lack of quality in some models. But then again I hear people buying a gibson straight from the shop and the quality is impeccable. Someone in quality control needs to get canned at gibson. I think you mean the robot guitar it has self tuning on the guitar, I tune down to drop A on my explorer goth I wonder if it can go that low or it does the standard E, Eb or D. I know behringer have some USB guitar out hahah plugs straight into a computer.

Yeah, I know way over priced for the random lack of quality in some models. But then again I hear people buying a gibson straight from the shop and the quality is impeccable. Someone in quality control needs to get canned at gibson. I think you mean the robot guitar it has self tuning on the guitar, I tune down to drop A on my explorer goth I wonder if it can go that low or it does the standard E, Eb or D. I know behringer have some USB guitar out hahah plugs straight into a computer.
    Ya the robot guitar, it looks interesting.

Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50)

u mad?

Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50) Willith will become famous soon enough. (+50)

...u mad now?

Originally Posted by Willith View Post

...u mad now?
    Love the jackson. What brand are the two guitars in the middle? The headstocks look a little different to me.

wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000) wickedsensation is just really nice. (+1000)
    A challenger appears:

Love the jackson. What brand are the two guitars in the middle? The headstocks look a little different to me.
    Caparison....here's a better pic:

The Jackson is for sale btw....

Applehorn, right?

They look sick.

xMeanJedix is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMeanJedix is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMeanJedix is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMeanJedix is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMeanJedix is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMeanJedix is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMeanJedix is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMeanJedix is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMeanJedix is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMeanJedix is on a distinguished road. (+10) xMeanJedix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm a pretty die hard Gibson fan. I can't imagine playing anything other than my Les Paul but I've always wanted to order one from warmoth.com.

I used to have a Marshall JCM2000 but I sold it when I moved across the country. After I save up enough money I think I want the get a AVT150H.

Originally Posted by xMeanJedix View Post
    I'm a pretty die hard Gibson fan. I can't imagine playing anything other than my Les Paul but I've always wanted to order one from warmoth.com.

I used to have a Marshall JCM2000 but I sold it when I moved across the country. After I save up enough money I think I want the get a AVT150H.
    I have an avt series amp. Combined with my shecter it's pretty mean.