eye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation propper diet on a student budget?

like most university students i'm dirt poor and have to really restrict my food budget to carry on living. i've been goin to the gym for about a year now, the first half of that year i was living with my parents so could afford to eat reasonably well and was making some progress without any specific diet or anything.

moving away from home was like my chance to start taking training more seriously, i go to the gym 5 times a week and work my stomach 3 times a week at home and for about the first 3 months of being here i was eating well and supplementing with Holland and Barret whey powder. it seemed to work.

however! as uni went on i found myself getting poorer and poorer with more and more things to pay for and can now only really afford cheap, basic [not necessarily healthy] food and buying supplements at ?30-?40 a pop is way out of the question!

can anyone give me any tips on eating to gain for cheap? and is there any cheaper WORKING supplements?

thanks

note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10) note2self is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm not in the UK, so I don't know about the stores or prices over there but....over here costco is definitely my friend. Any store that you can go to, to either buy cheap or buy in bulk+cheap(costco), you should take advantage of. I tend to buy things like carrots in bulk (10lb bag),apples,potatoes....things that are generally cheap over here.

Also, bags of rice are pretty cheap too. As far as meat goes, again, I suggest you go anywhere where it is sold in larger quanities or just man up and buy what you can while being better at money managment. ****, maybe if you can't find anything over there you may want to order from Costco online....I believe I saw some pretty cheap whey protein there yesterday. good luck

Anonymity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anonymity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anonymity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anonymity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anonymity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anonymity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anonymity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anonymity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anonymity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anonymity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anonymity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    www.myprotein.co.uk

Pm me if you want a first order 5% off voucher code brah

And I know it sucks, but go out less :P
    Last edited by Anonymity; 04-21-2009 at 01:53 PM.

Location: County Durham - North Eaat, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    myprotein.com has much cheaper and better supps than H&B.
    Tesco ha sliek three trays of chicken breasts for a tenner combine that with a few packs of salad and a bottle of krft low fat honey mustard dressing and you have dinner every day that week.
    Spend about a 12 quid on a huge batch of veg loaded chilli and you have your evening meal everyday that week
    Add a few extras like eggs and sugar free robinsons and for about 25quid you have a weeks worth of meals.
    = Davi =
    ================================

MyProtein Discount Code: MP98299

SMASH IT OUT ON THE CHEST !!!!! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7578244.stm

http://www.musclechronicle.com MuscleChronicle.com | Because Muscle Matters
    ITS TIME TO ACT

polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) polar_bear is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Anonymity View Post
    www.myprotein.co.uk

Pm me if you want a first order 5% off voucher code brah

And I know it sucks, but go out less :P
    ha beat me to it cos i opened to many tabs and didnt refresh lol

oh yeah a slow cooker can be a great help
    = Davi =

ITS TIME TO ACT

eye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for all the advice, i'm living off tesco beans, eggs, pasta and pork chops at the moment but does anyone know where i can get some really cheap fish? it seems to either be all about a fiver a fillet or battered packaged rubbish for a pound everywhere i look.

thanks for the website too, shud save me a fortune. am i right to be supplementing with whey powder with the diet pretty much as mentioned above?

Is there a fish monger near you?
    Iceland does frozen fish portions in bags that dont have batter or crumbs on them.
    Tinned tuna, salmon, sardines.
    = Davi =

ITS TIME TO ACT