Page 208 of 214 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,240 of 6402
    Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Intervalls today on the treadmill. Regular running shoes, need to work my way into wearing the Vibrams (which seem to keep my form better and make my knees not hurt) so I was pounding away like a galloping horse during the slower portion. Warmed up and did intervals of 9.5mph for 2 mins, walked 4.5incline/4.5Mph pace 3 min, then ran at 6 mph for 5 mins and repeated (4).
    40 min, 3.6 miles. Sweated like a madman and I'm pretty sure that the young lady who got on the treadmill next to me when I was warming up wished that she didn't, and ended her run early to keep from being showered in my sweat during the higher speed portions...If your on here sorry, I'm a sweaty mess when I run...

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BC02 View Post
    Have a 10 k night race may 10. Doing it because I get a glow in the dark medal!
    Are you 12 years old? Jk

Good luck to you!

gsgitu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JRT6 View Post
    Northern Ohio? I live in the Chardon snow belt and I've seen it snow in the first week of May many of years. Been raining all week here too and my dogs are tracking a ton of mud into the house.
    thankfully i live on the western side of the lake. don't get the lake effect here. i honestly don't know how places like that and buffalo stay populated. how many feet of snow, every yr, does it take to make someone wanna pack it in and head south. you snow belt folk are hard core. if it were not for faith and family we might be a lot more south by now. so yea, now fighting the rain and wind season. soooo looking forward to running in some serious heat. being drenched when done. Bring It!!
    RLTW

euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    oh crap, that sucks. Hope it heals up quick.
    Struggled through 1.35 miles tonight, now got the back on ice and heat. Doc can't see me until next week, downside I'll be out of town all week, so hopefully it will be all better before I get back.

Getting way behind on the ultra training. Struggling to get a mile or two at the moment, September and November I've got to knock out two 100 mile runs.
    ***kneedraggers crew***

Will rep back 98% of the time

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's easy to get frustrated with injuries. I know. But, take it easy, heal up. Once you're recovered, you'll be back to it. Don't rush things.

Originally Posted by euronewbie View Post
    Struggled through 1.35 miles tonight, now got the back on ice and heat. Doc can't see me until next week, downside I'll be out of town all week, so hopefully it will be all better before I get back.

Getting way behind on the ultra training. Struggling to get a mile or two at the moment, September and November I've got to knock out two 100 mile runs.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Anyone on here that uses vibrams shoes? I purchased a pair last year wore them a few times before my son was born and I went back into hibernation for a year. They seem to help keep my knees from hurting because they force me to land on the balls of my feet. I seem to heel strike a lot when I wear regular running shoes. The problems I have with them are that they absolutely destroy my stabilizer muscles (I realize I will adapt to this) I can only use them on the treadmill because I have stepped on a rock with them running and it hurt like hell and bruised my arch, and finally I'm not an insecure guy and generally don't give a shat about what people think of me, but these things are just hideous, and I feel like a weirdo wearing them. It likely doesn't help that they were a woot item so I'm pretty sure I got the color scheme that goodwill passed on. I need to figure out how to wear them outdoors for good weather running, or figure out the best method of keeping a proper foot strike. If I am thinking about it I can land on the balls of my feet in regular shoes but as soon as I stop focussing on it I realize I'm back to plodding along land hard and generally causing myself some knee issues. Thx for any responses Tim.

euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's easy to get frustrated with injuries. I know. But, take it easy, heal up. Once you're recovered, you'll be back to it. Don't rush things.
    Thanks 👍
    ***kneedraggers crew***

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Anyone on here that uses vibrams shoes? I purchased a pair last year wore them a few times before my son was born and I went back into hibernation for a year. They seem to help keep my knees from hurting because they force me to land on the balls of my feet. I seem to heel strike a lot when I wear regular running shoes. The problems I have with them are that they absolutely destroy my stabilizer muscles (I realize I will adapt to this) I can only use them on the treadmill because I have stepped on a rock with them running and it hurt like hell and bruised my arch, and finally I'm not an insecure guy and generally don't give a shat about what people think of me, but these things are just hideous, and I feel like a weirdo wearing them. It likely doesn't help that they were a woot item so I'm pretty sure I got the color scheme that goodwill passed on. I need to figure out how to wear them outdoors for good weather running, or figure out the best method of keeping a proper foot strike. If I am thinking about it I can land on the balls of my feet in regular shoes but as soon as I stop focussing on it I realize I'm back to plodding along land hard and generally causing myself some knee issues. Thx for any responses Tim.

I've tried some minimalist shoes, and they killed my feet, as you said stepping on rocks was the worst.

Have you tried having your feet fit for shoes?

Speaking of hideous I've was using Hoka shoes for long runs, they look like moon boots but feel like running on clouds. They also took away all knee and leg pains, after getting used to them I could do a long run and my body felt amazing after.
    ***kneedraggers crew***

Got in 7.25 miles earlier, hope everyone is getting in some run time.

Originally Posted by euronewbie View Post
    I've tried some minimalist shoes, and they killed my feet, as you said stepping on rocks was the worst.

Have you tried having your feet fit for shoes?

Speaking of hideous I've was using Hoka shoes for long runs, they look like moon boots but feel like running on clouds. They also took away all knee and leg pains, after getting used to them I could do a long run and my body felt amazing after.
    I have not tried getting fitted yet but that was my sisters suggestion as well, she's the runner of the family CC coach, marathons etc. Orthotics are pricey, but I guess cheaper in the long run (pun) than a knee replacement. I should go for a run with my sister and get some pointers on stride etc, but know I would slow her down quite a bit. I'm not a 6 min mile kind of guy...

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had a good week of running last week. 3 runs of 3.5 miles all of which were outdoors. I get so much more out of running outside. Seems like a better workout than my treadmill.

Does thou even hoist? TheMinimalist85's Avatar
    TheMinimalist85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMinimalist85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMinimalist85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMinimalist85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMinimalist85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMinimalist85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMinimalist85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMinimalist85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMinimalist85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMinimalist85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMinimalist85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    I had a good week of running last week. 3 runs of 3.5 miles all of which were outdoors. I get so much more out of running outside. Seems like a better workout than my treadmill.
    I hear his often, why do you think that is? Also how many years have you been running for?

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheMinimalist85 View Post
    I hear his often, why do you think that is? Also how many years have you been running for?
    Well for me, I don't like the fact that it is the treadmill program that is controlling your speeds and inclines--whereas when you're outdoors YOU are deciding the speed and the terrain based on how/where you're running. Also, newer treadmills are all lower-impact now which--while better for the knees--I think somewhat reduces the intensity of the run.

I got into running in 2003-2004. Was done with college football and no longer needed/wanted to be as big as I was, so I started running to lose weight. I had 3 kids from 2004-2008, so only had time to lift and took a hiatus from running for many years. I got back into into running in 2011 and even got my own treadmill in 2012 (which is a necessity here in MN as we have 6-7 months of winter). Also, my wife is a competitive runner and runs races (not that my slow-ass would ever attempt to go on one of her runs). 3-4 miles at a decent jog pace for a 235 pound guy and I'm good.

I ended up with plantar fasciitis from overuse of the treadmill. I had a podiatrist back then tell me that our bodies aren't meant to be running on moving pavement. lol

Plus, oudoor running is much more fun, me thinks.

Going to get some running in a bit later. Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!

MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I ended up with plantar fasciitis from overuse of the treadmill. I had a podiatrist back then tell me that our bodies aren't meant to be running on moving pavement. lol

Plus, oudoor running is much more fun, me thinks.
    I can't do treadmill running, I get bored within a minute and it just doesn't feel right and I can only run a certain distance. Lucky for me I can run year round without too many weather issues. Plus, like you said, its more fun!
    *Cluster Headache Crew* If you also suffer and need help/advice on it, PM me

Originally Posted by MrBungle11 View Post
    I can't do treadmill running, I get bored within a minute and it just doesn't feel right and I can only run a certain distance. Lucky for me I can run year round without too many weather issues. Plus, like you said, its more fun!
    I agree, it's pretty boring, the treadmill. Short runs, if I'm at the gym, if it's pouring out, etc. But, other than that, I just prefer road running. I haven't been timing my runs over the past few months, because I'm preparing for a race scheduled next month, and I've enjoyed running even more. Years ago, I didn't like running much, but over time, I really can't imagine not having it be part of my life.

/short story time
    Last edited by whatevergirl; 05-05-2014 at 07:45 PM.

MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrBungle11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I haven't been timing my runs over the past few months, because I'm preparing for a race scheduled next month, and I've enjoyed running even more.
    I stopped timing my longer runs made a huge difference to the enjoyment factor. No longer worrying about pace etc, just enjoying being out!

I didn't like running much, but over time, I really can't imagine not having it be part of my life.
    Same, If I don't get a run in often enough I get irritated...it's my therapy
    *Cluster Headache Crew* If you also suffer and need help/advice on it, PM me

I think it is a better workout, you are essentially keeping up with a spinning belt on the treadmill, I think there is a slight mechanical advantage with a belt turning as apposed to actually propelling yourself forward on a stationary surface. I know I feel more fatigued running trails than the treadmill. Also as you mentioned the terrain anomalies of outdoor running have to recruit more stabilizer muscles. I like the fresh air too rather than the gym odors, I'm not sure why the guy that smells like he just smoked a fatty cigar after a long swim in hog **** always has to get on the treadmill next to me when I run at the gym.

Intervals today. 1min HIIT followed by 2min walking. 40 min 3.6mi. Good times.

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just really like how I can control my intervals on the treadmill and running on a 1% incline helps the road transition a little.

gsgitu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    i have been running in a merrell zero drop for a couple yrs now and love it. has just enough cushion that you don't feel the rocks but you still feel the terrain. my strike is way better than it used to be, i used to under-pronate a lot and now my foot lands more balanced and get a better push off from the balls of my feet. i can't even hardly stand to wear "regular" running/walking shoes anymore. my .02.
    i have way more fun running outside and chasing my daughter on her bike than chasing that spot on the wall in front of the dreadmill. ran my best 5 miler yet using her as mt chase rabbit. good times
    RLTW

I've been fighting a cold so decided not to run today........then I decided to run but just an easy program on my treadmill.......then I said screw it and ran outside cuz it was so nice this morning. Just finished and it felt great! Did my normal distance of 3.5 miles.

Once more into the fray.. IrishPilot's Avatar
    IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ive got my first Half Marathon tomorrow. Anyone have any last minute suggestions? I guess one thing Im looking at is pre-run food/snacks. Ive always trained fasted, but figured its probably best to get something in my system. Im thinking a banana and energy bar. Thoughts?
    Team Never Full
    Craft Beer Crew

virtualbrian will become famous soon enough. (+50) virtualbrian will become famous soon enough. (+50) virtualbrian will become famous soon enough. (+50) virtualbrian will become famous soon enough. (+50) virtualbrian will become famous soon enough. (+50) virtualbrian will become famous soon enough. (+50) virtualbrian will become famous soon enough. (+50) virtualbrian will become famous soon enough. (+50) virtualbrian will become famous soon enough. (+50) virtualbrian will become famous soon enough. (+50) virtualbrian will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by IrishPilot View Post
    Ive got my first Half Marathon tomorrow. Anyone have any last minute suggestions? I guess one thing Im looking at is pre-run food/snacks. Ive always trained fasted, but figured its probably best to get something in my system. Im thinking a banana and energy bar. Thoughts?
    Stay away from anything that could possibly make your stomach upset. I'd say that you're pretty safe with a banana and an energy bar. The gels are also great. Toast is good. No milk, No OJ. Oatmeal is also good, not too much though. ENJOY!!!
    Fear my rep power!

mcours2006 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcours2006 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcours2006 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcours2006 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcours2006 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcours2006 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcours2006 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcours2006 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcours2006 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcours2006 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mcours2006 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd go with whatever I normally eat with this length of race. If it's nothing then you should probably stick with that.

Do you have a target goal for the HM?

IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mcours2006 View Post
    I'd go with whatever I normally eat with this length of race. If it's nothing then you should probably stick with that.

Do you have a target goal for the HM?
    Target goal? Finish. Honestly, I run purely for enjoyment and though I constantly challenge myself I only seldom check my pace. I know Im well under the 10 minute mile mark. In all the 5k and 10k type events Ive done Ive always been a top 5% finisher, if not a top 5 finisher.
    Team Never Full
    Craft Beer Crew

I've been fighting a cold so decided not to run today........then I decided to run but just an easy program on my treadmill.......then I said screw it and ran outside cuz it was so nice this morning. Just finished and it felt great! Did my normal distance of 3.5 miles.
    Something about the outdoors, I tell ya....
    Great job.

Something that I like to do the day before a longer run, is have oatmeal or some wheat pasta the night before. It really helps my run the next day, I've found. Maybe a bowl of oatmeal and some form of protein before you race tomorrow? Bananas sometimes upset my stomach, but that's just my suggestions.

Good luck tomorrow!

I'm honestly considering running the half marathon fasted. I've always done my runs fasted, though never at this mileage. Am I crazy?
    Team Never Full
    Craft Beer Crew