Page 121 of 214 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 6402
    SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    Had to take my daughter to take her SAT's (2nd time, hoping for better score) this morning, so I got up early, but hung around when I got back home until temps rose a bit. It was 43* when I headed out. And....

Another, all time PR run!! for this same route. I really thought my best runs of the year were over, but I keep surprising myself. I thought it was more (until I checked my records), but it's still 20 seconds off my previous best pace for this distance.

Distance - 5 Miles
    Time - 43:00
    Pace - 8:36 (I think this beats my best 5K/3.1 Mile pace!)

Again, the cold air just does my lungs well. I also consciously "ran" down inclines/hills while paying attention to mechanics and trying not to use leg muscle at all, while recovering my breathing. I also was much less cautious on reserving strength/breath for running up hills, and I ran them harder than usual. This can be dangerous, as I usually overdo it and end up shutting down. Just found the right balance today .
    Awesome man! It doesn't look like it's going to get above freezing around here (Baldwin, Michigan) for a while so I'm stuck on the tread mill, but I do love to run in temps between 38 and 60 degrees outside. I always seem to get better times without overheating.

Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    Congrats to you...! wow...this is great! Excellent pace. I'm thinking once my tri's are done next year...I'm going to train for a 1/2 mary. I have enjoyed the variety of training for the tri...but, combined with weight lifting...not enough hours in the day to get everything done I need to. My passion is running, so it would seem better for me to maybe concentrate on that. Kudos to you for accomplishing this!
    Thanks, life altering for sure... I also noticed your "Go Steelers" in the signature. Been a Steelers fan myself for about 32 years... Lets kick some butt on Sunday night and get that bye week in the playoffs!

Steve
    fishbaldwin.com

Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Had to take my daughter to take her SAT's (2nd time, hoping for better score) this morning, so I got up early, but hung around when I got back home until temps rose a bit. It was 43* when I headed out. And....

Another, all time PR run!! for this same route. I really thought my best runs of the year were over, but I keep surprising myself. I thought it was more (until I checked my records), but it's still 20 seconds off my previous best pace for this distance.

Distance - 5 Miles

Again, the cold air just does my lungs well. I also consciously "ran" down inclines/hills while paying attention to mechanics and trying not to use leg muscle at all, while recovering my breathing. I also was much less cautious on reserving strength/breath for running up hills, and I ran them harder than usual. This can be dangerous, as I usually overdo it and end up shutting down. Just found the right balance today .

Great job on your run!! Also, wishing good luck to your daughter on her SAT's. We are awaiting PSAT results.

peggyanns1955

Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SteveBBT View Post
    Hey Peggy,

I used the Hal Higdon programs for both of my half marathons and the full marathon I just completed. It worked great for me, but I was very exact when it came to following it with absolutely no runs skipped...

My sister used it as well for a half and had great results even though she missed some mid week runs, but she did get all the long runs in.

From everyone I've talked to it's one of the best programs out there.

Steve
    Thanks for your thoughts on Hal Higdon. I am going to do the Novice Program. Can't wait for May 29th.

peggyanns1955

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sports doctor said today my AT is grade 3 so I'm out for the race. Pity time has come and gone. Time to learn from my training mistake and harden the f**k up. Still disappointed.

miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey miss fit...if you click on the number 8 under my avi...you will see the blogs...and it's the one titled...''come for a run with me.'' Just my ramblings about running. lol

Thanks...I'll def check it out

miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50) miss-fit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey miss fit...if you click on the number 8 under my avi...you will see the blogs...and it's the one titled...''come for a run with me.'' Just my ramblings about running. lol

Good ramblings! I also left you a comment about the benching question

Originally Posted by JRT6 View Post
    Sports doctor said today my AT is grade 3 so I'm out for the race. Pity time has come and gone. Time to learn from my training mistake and harden the f**k up. Still disappointed.
    Sorry to hear JRT6 Dealing with an injury is such a bummer. Take care of yourself, you'll be back in the game in no time.

Originally Posted by Peggyanns1955 View Post
    Ran 3 miles in 22:40 on the tread machine I have formally signed up for a 1/2 marathon on Sunday, May 29,2011 at the Key Bank Marathon in Burlington.
    peggyanns1955
    ^^ Cool I'll be rooting for you!

Originally Posted by SteveBBT View Post
    It's been another BIG break from the forums for me, but it's been a productive one. Since my last post I completed the Grand Rapids Half Marathon in 1:57:15 (8min 57 sec per mile pace) beating my last years time by a couple of minutes and then on October 31st I completed my first ever full marathon (The Marine Corps Marathon.) in 4:37:21. (10min 35sec per mile pace)

I missed my goal by 7min 21 seconds in that, but I was having some major ham string issues I'm just now starting to get over and had to stop and stretch quite a bit from mile 24 to 26.2...

Steve
    Congrats & great times

Distance - 5 Miles

Just found the right balance today .
    Awesome pace "just found the right balance today" really hit home with me...I love it when that happens

Goodness, of course you're disappointed. We all push it sometimes, I do lots. We all make training mistakes. We all learn from them, hopefully. I hope that you heal quickly and well ane are able to run again soon. Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

peggyanns1955

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by miss-fit View Post
    Good ramblings! I also left you a comment about the benching question
    Oh so you are Shannon. Thank you for that help with the benching blog. It's becoming my nemesis...but, I'll just have to keep at it.

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Goodness, of course you're disappointed. We all push it sometimes, I do lots. We all make training mistakes. We all learn from them, hopefully. I hope that you heal quickly and well ane are able to run again soon. Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

peggyanns1955
    It was from doing speed work on a treadmill w/ 0 degree elevation. I broke my own rule of 1.5 degrees min. I lowered it just b/c I wanted to run faster; the flatness of the treadmill really boinged my AT around. Plus it allowed me to ignore my hamstring pull which screwed up my stride and really hit my AT.

I'm going back to up to 5 degrees. I ran slower but never had any injuries and it forced me to cross train more because at 5 degrees your legs get tired.

It was from doing speed work on a treadmill w/ 0 degree elevation. I broke my own rule of 1.5 degrees min. I lowered it just b/c I wanted to run faster; the flatness of the treadmill really boinged my AT around. Plus it allowed me to ignore my hamstring pull which screwed up my stride and really hit my AT.

I'm going back to up to 5 degrees. I ran slower but never had any injuries and it forced me to cross train more because at 5 degrees your legs get tired.
    Thanks for the information on this. I am constantly pushing the speed. I run on the treadmill w/0 degrees just to go faster. Perhaps I should use some of the wisdom I hope I have acquired in almost 55 years and learn something from this.

Ran 3.0 miles in 21:42 mins on treadmachine, 0% incline on 12/04/10. Next time, longer and slower might be a smart course.

peggyanns1955

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Whatevergirl
    Remark relating to "hills" in my runs
    I winged that! . Anyway, yes, the course that I ran my PR on is about the hardest course I run! (the lake has several more hills and they're steep, but most are shorter). The biggest challenge on this course is returning from a county road section, where I'm only approx 3 miles into the run at the worst "sticking point", which is a steep incline/hill, that's approx 1/8th mile long, after I've just negotiated a few other big/long ones on the way "out". Between this course and the .27mi long, steep incline that's in my neighborhood route, it's surely what got me into shape for running a 15K this year. IOW, my practice courses are somewhat tougher than what the 5K or 15K routes include.

Awesome pace "just found the right balance today" really hit home with me...I love it when that happens
    Yep, "right balance" usually escapes me. Most often, I overrun and then shut down because I can't recover (heart rate, breathing) in time, after I've realized I have to pull back.

And looking back over some posts here, to be sure I didn't miss any remarks/questions directed toward me, I missed one; Yes, I'm going back to regular Leg Days. In fact, my daughter's bf comes over at 11AM for legs today. He has discovered what DOMS is this past 2wks .

Ran 3.0 miles in 21:42 mins on treadmachine, 0% incline on 12/04/10. Next time, longer and slower might be a smart course.
    That's an awesome time, Peggy. How do your outside running times compare? Just curious.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

I winged that!
    Yep, "right balance" usually escapes me. Most often, I overrun and then shut down because I can't recover (heart rate, breathing) in time, after I've realized I have to pull back.

And looking back over some posts here, to be sure I didn't miss any remarks/questions directed toward me, I missed one; Yes, I'm going back to regular Leg Days. In fact, my daughter's bf comes over at 11AM for legs today. He has discovered what DOMS is this past 2wks .
    It's like you read my mind with your 'balance' comments...good to know I'm not alone in that struggle

I added my leg day back yesterday (the first since July) and, oh LORD, am I sore this morning!! Dialed all the weight back a bit, but got a full workout in...feels great

...keep schooling that kid

Oh so you are Shannon. Thank you for that help with the benching blog. It's becoming my nemesis...but, I'll just have to keep at it.
    That's me! Don't give up...you'll get there

Ran 3.0 miles in 21:42 mins on treadmachine, 0% incline on 12/04/10. peggyanns1955
    Wow! I don't know what that pace is, but that is fast

richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just found this thread! Great! Still need to finish reading through it, but it's the first thread
    I ever sub'ed too.

Right now my goal is to rehab my knee and have another go at it. Used to love running
    when I was younger, but turned into an onagain/off again runner. Anyway, started again over the summer, bought some new sneakers,gps watch and subscribed to Runner's World again. Oh, almost forgot, even got a key to one of those nice padded tracks at one of the local schools.

I was doing ok. Even better when I took myself off the Cholesterol meds. Had a set back
    in September, hurt my knee at work, twisted the wrong way while lifting something.

Maybe another few months of squats and I'll give it a whirl again, but look forward to reading everyone's posts for now.

richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000) richr85 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by snoack View Post
    I go back and forth with listening to music when I run. Sometimes I like to crank something loud and heavy through my head while I'm running. Sometimes, I like the quiet peace of nature, or the squeals and screams of little kids playing soccer.
    I never used to listen to anything,but started to run with a cassette player about 10 years ago, just switched to an mp3 player this year. I only have running cadences on it. LOL!

Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
    I downloaded info from HRM.... this is so coool!

Just wanted to share!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=1852
    It's always great to see the numbers, it lets you know you did something, not that you already didn't know though. LOL!. Now the new ones even have graphs.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Happy running, peeps. Think I'm going for a long bike ride today...need to get mileage in...but, maybe I'll make it a brick...run and ride. But, heading to the gym now...wishing you all a wonderful day.

GO STEELERS!

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I added my leg day back yesterday (the first since July) and, oh LORD, am I sore this morning!! Dialed all the weight back a bit, but got a full workout in...feels great
    Yeah, it feels good to come back to it. I was pleasantly surprised at how well I did last week (relative, of course).

...keep schooling that kid
    Had a great session that just ended a while ago. I dialed the weight back for both of us today, so I could impart the "lower the better" squat philosophy that even I cheat on a lot . I let him try with no shoes...and then even with a board under his heels, to let him go down as far as he could, the safest way. I wanted to to push further for myself after doing decent last week, but I suspect this lower weight, higher rep and lower depth session will bring DOMS once again!

Originally Posted by richr85 View Post
    I never used to listen to anything,but started to run with a cassette player about 10 years ago, just switched to an mp3 player this year. I only have running cadences on it. LOL!
    First, welcome to the thread. If you haven't already, please go back and read the first post in it this thread. None of us has the time to constantly acknowledge others in here on every visit, yet some continue to post with almost never doing so, which negates the purpose of why I started the thread; camaraderie. But enough...

The MP3 player deal - I found it helped me greatly last year. I not only found my runs more "me" time, but it helped me take my mind of the monotonous and arduous longer runs, and actually helped me to enjoy them. I had initially worried about the music screwing up my cadence, but it didn't happen..............until this year! LOL, I had to dump it to concentrate on my mechanics, as I seemed to become distracted by almost everything! After I got my runs together, I added the MP3 back, and have been suing it the whole last part of this year, when my runs have been the best and record setting for me. Stuff changes...and you just have to change it up sometimes to see what works.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Thanks for the information on this. I am constantly pushing the speed. I run on the treadmill w/0 degrees just to go faster. Perhaps I should use some of the wisdom I hope I have acquired in almost 55 years and learn something from this.

peggyanns1955
    My podiatrist told me this. He said he even warms up at 1 degree.

Here's a good manual hill program for the TM:

Run a pace that's 60-90 seconds slower than your fast pace.

0-1m 2 degrees
    1-1.5m 4 degrees
    1.5m-2m 2 degrees
    2.5-3m 6 degrees
    3-3.5m 2 degrees
    3.5-4m 8 degrees
    4-5m 2 degrees

Season to taste, the speed, elevation or durations, aren't set it stone.

karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well I took some very sound advise (thanks again btw ) and eased up on my running. In the last 12 days I've only ran 3 times and am feeling so much better. Today I ran my first 5k in 20:45 and finished 10k in 44:20...this is not my personal best but a definate improvement over what I've been doing lately.
    ...karoline...

I winged that! . Anyway, yes, the course that I ran my PR on is about the hardest course I run! (the lake has several more hills and they're steep, but most are shorter). The biggest challenge on this course is returning from a county road section, where I'm only approx 3 miles into the run at the worst "sticking point", which is a steep incline/hill, that's approx 1/8th mile long, after I've just negotiated a few other big/long ones on the way "out". Between this course and the .27mi long, steep incline that's in my neighborhood route, it's surely what got me into shape for running a 15K this year. IOW, my practice courses are somewhat tougher than what the 5K or 15K routes include.

That's an awesome time, Peggy. How do your outside running times compare? Just curious.
    Great Question! They are not even close. We have lots of hills ( mountains to tell you the truth). So, my times are about 9:00 to !0:00 mpm. It has been a while since I ran outside and really pushed it. I need to run outside and do some HIITs whenever I can to be ready for the marathon.

peggyanns1955

Originally Posted by richr85 View Post
    Just found this thread! Great! Still need to finish reading through it, but it's the first thread
    I ever sub'ed too.

Right now my goal is to rehab my knee and have another go at it. Used to love running
    when I was younger, but turned into an onagain/off again runner. Anyway, started again over the summer, bought some new sneakers,gps watch and subscribed to Runner's World again. Oh, almost forgot, even got a key to one of those nice padded tracks at one of the local schools.

I was doing ok. Even better when I took myself off the Cholesterol meds. Had a set back
    in September, hurt my knee at work, twisted the wrong way while lifting something.

Maybe another few months of squats and I'll give it a whirl again, but look forward to reading everyone's posts for now.
    Welcomw!! This is a great forum. The knowledge and support is wonderful.

peggyanns1955

My podiatrist told me this. He said he even warms up at 1 degree.

Here's a good manual hill program for the TM:

Run a pace that's 60-90 seconds slower than your fast pace.

0-1m 2 degrees
    1-1.5m 4 degrees
    1.5m-2m 2 degrees
    2.5-3m 6 degrees
    3-3.5m 2 degrees
    3.5-4m 8 degrees
    4-5m 2 degrees

Season to taste, the speed, elevation or durations, aren't set it stone.
    Thanks!! I run tomorrow. I hope to be brave ( or wise) enough to do this.

peggyanns1955

SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000) SteveBBT is just really nice. (+1000)

peggyanns1955
    That's a 7min 14 second pace and not bad at all for a quick three mile tread workout if I do say so myself! (I say this because it's almost exactly what I do at shorter distances like that... ;^)

All that being said, my outside times are also a bit slower most of the time unless I find that groove as well.

Don't have 30 post yet so I can't link it, (I tried and found out I couldn't! ;^) but if you look for it there's a cool pace calculator on runners world.

I took almost the entire month of November off (Except a couple of four and five mile runs) after the full marathon on the 31st of October, but I started up again with weights and running on the 2nd of December for what should be a regular basis the rest of the winter. Here's what it looks like so far...

Thursday: Arms, abs & 3 miles on the tread machine @ 22min 30sec. (7min 30sec pace)

Friday: 5 miles on the tread @ 45 minutes (9min pace)

Saturday: Shoulders, back & 3 miles on tread @ 22min 30sec again...

Sunday: (Today) I did five miles on tread with various alternating inclines and sprints in 46min 45sec. an "average" time per mile of 9min 33sec.

Monday: Will be Chest and legs with a 2 mile "jog" (like in 20 minutes) to finish.

Tuesday: Is my off day & pool league with the boys.

Wednesday: 5 to 8 miles depending on how I feel after pool league the night before.

I hope to do this again just as I did all last winter and with any luck there will be some nice days to run outside.

Got to go now, the game's about to start! Go Steelers!!!

Steve
    fishbaldwin.com

Stepping my game up! Florida.Brian's Avatar
    Florida.Brian is just really nice. (+1000) Florida.Brian is just really nice. (+1000) Florida.Brian is just really nice. (+1000) Florida.Brian is just really nice. (+1000) Florida.Brian is just really nice. (+1000) Florida.Brian is just really nice. (+1000) Florida.Brian is just really nice. (+1000) Florida.Brian is just really nice. (+1000) Florida.Brian is just really nice. (+1000) Florida.Brian is just really nice. (+1000) Florida.Brian is just really nice. (+1000)
    It looks like a lot of folks are still at it.

Cool weather and Xmas lights prompted me to get a slow but steady 8.2 mile run in tonight. I have not been as consistent as I would like but just keep doing what I can.

Good luck to all and keep it going.

karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Florida.Brian View Post

Cool weather and Xmas lights prompted me to get a slow but steady 8.2 mile run in tonight. I have not been as consistent as I would like but just keep doing what I can.

That's what matters right I know too many people who keep saying day after day, week after week I'd like to go running but... 8.2 miles, sounds like a great run to me.
    ...karoline...

Originally Posted by Florida.Brian View Post

8.2 is awesome no matter the pace! Bet the lights were cool, a little too cold to see them that way up here... ;^)

Originally Posted by karoline8 View Post
    That's what matters right I know too many people who keep saying day after day, week after week I'd like to go running but...
    You are spot on! I know way too many people who put off running or working out until they have "the time" to go on a strict regimen that never happens. Any little bit any time you can is better than not at all...

(Of course, I'm one to talk after having took a month off post marathon, but that was deliberate! ;^)
    fishbaldwin.com

Did a slower run just now. I ran 3.0 miles in 25:50. However, I started a 1 incline and went up .5 every 1/4 mile. Still got a good workout.
    We are having our first big snowfall right now. We will have between 8 and 14 inches. On the way home from school I saw a neighbor on a training run going up hill in the snow. He is training for the Big Sur Marathon. What dedication!!

peggyanns1955

Page 121 of 214 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 ... LastLast