Page 139 of 214 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,170 of 6402
    Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SoulPuppy View Post
    I ran 5 miles in my sew shoes last night & it went well. My ankle still hurts today, but it's not as bad as it's been. Hopefully the new shoes will solve my problem.

BTW, 5 miles is a new personal best for me. I'm a noob at running.
    Great job on your 5 mile run!! I hope your ankle is feeling better soon.

peggyanns1955

Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Peggyanns1955 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have not been on Bodybuilding for about 2 days. I have been pretty down. My GI called me with the results of the Capsule Endoscopy. He told me that he believe I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. He wants me to take meds, no mention of diet. I have been on the Eliminatioin Diet my Naturopathic Doctor put me on for a week now. Things have not improved. I went on another 4 mile run on Tuesday. When I was about 1-3/4 miles into the run I had to stop and go to the restroom in our high school. I am very afraid of what the 1/2 marathon will be for me. I can't really train for it properly now the way I should be training. So, I had to withdraw from the race. I started to cry when I told the coordinator that I could not run in the marathon this year. I was surprised by my emotions. However, I am an adult and will set another goal for myself. I will **not** stop running. I will be outh there tomorrow and see how I feel. I will run 2 to 4 miles. I will not do the monster hill up to The Common, I will go on a more flat (for Vermont) course. I am researching IBS and will get my head around it. I have felt sorry for myself for 3 days now, time to get over myself.
    Have a wonderful weekend and great running to all.

peggyanns1955

vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Peggyanns1955 View Post
    I have not been on Bodybuilding for about 2 days. I have been pretty down. My GI called me with the results of the Capsule Endoscopy. He told me that he believe I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. He wants me to take meds, no mention of diet. I have been on the Eliminatioin Diet my Naturopathic Doctor put me on for a week now. Things have not improved. I went on another 4 mile run on Tuesday. When I was about 1-3/4 miles into the run I had to stop and go to the restroom in our high school. I am very afraid of what the 1/2 marathon will be for me. I can't really train for it properly now the way I should be training. So, I had to withdraw from the race. I started to cry when I told the coordinator that I could not run in the marathon this year. I was surprised by my emotions. However, I am an adult and will set another goal for myself. I will **not** stop running. I will be outh there tomorrow and see how I feel. I will run 2 to 4 miles. I will not do the monster hill up to The Common, I will go on a more flat (for Vermont) course. I am researching IBS and will get my head around it. I have felt sorry for myself for 3 days now, time to get over myself.

peggyanns1955
    I'm sorry to hear this. Have you concerned attending and volunteering? This may help you mentally to be there and help others reach their goal.

angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

peggyanns1955
    Originally Posted by vcackerman View Post
    I'm sorry to hear this. Have you concerned attending and volunteering? This may help you mentally to be there and help others reach their goal.
    I'm so sorry to hear this! I can't even imagine how let down you feel but I think vcackerman has a great idea. Being at the race and participating in terms of volunteering just might keep your spirits up.
    You will get this figured out and there will be more races, more running. You're doing the right thing by doing the research and getting a handle on the situation. I wish you the best of luck and keep your chin up!

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    i'm sorry to hear this. Have you concerned attending and volunteering? This may help you mentally to be there and help others reach their goal.
    for me at least, this would make things worse if i was her

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

...... I have been pretty down....

...My GI called me with the results of the Capsule Endoscopy. He told me that he believe I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome....

.....Have a wonderful weekend and great running to all....

peggyanns1955
    So sorry to hear that! Probably nothing I can say to make it any better but I hope you will shake it off quickly. Running and marathons are a real luxury in life and if you aren't able to do them, I'm sure you are constantly telling yourself that there are a million other things you can do that are potentially much more important. Let's just hope for a positive prognosis and a plan to move forward. Good Luck!

I just completed my half marathon this morning in Nashville, TN. It was great weather and a comfortable run for me. Started off a little to fast out of the gate and struggled a bit around mile 12 but came in at 1:39:50.

Five minutes under my 1:45 goal for this run and makes my June 19th half goal of 1:38 appear to be very attainable.

My sister and her daughter ran also so it was a family reunion of sorts and we all were pleased with our performances.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BC02 View Post
    for me at least, this would make things worse if i was her
    I think it depends on the person. For example, my good friend who's a crazy obsessed runner just pulled out an ultra because of a sprained ankle - he decided to re-channel his energy to help those running the race and had the cowbell and handed out water. It can be therapeutic.

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Anyone here run volkslauf?(obstacle course race in bakersfield california)

i think it depends on the person. For example, my good friend who's a crazy obsessed runner just pulled out an ultra because of a sprained ankle - he decided to re-channel his energy to help those running the race and had the cowbell and handed out water. It can be therapeutic.
    wouldnt work for me. It would just piss me off more. But like you said everyone is different.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi all...

Haven't been in here in a little while, but want to start being a regular again.

I ran yesterday, and will plan another one today. I changed my goals from tri-focused to weight lifting...but, thinking of a 1/2 mary before year's end. We'll see. I've always wanted to run one.

Not running as much as I once was, but thinking of adding runs 3x per week, as I just miss it.

Here's my run from yesterday, nothing amazing...but I got it in.

Run:

Distance: 3.25 miles
    Time: 29:26 minutes

BCO2...in the red ...AGAIN? lol

@ Peggyann--I'm so sorry ...hope you get to feeling better soon.

2:10:03 (avg mile pace 9:56) More details later.

SoulPuppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoulPuppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoulPuppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoulPuppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoulPuppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoulPuppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great job on your 5 mile run!! I hope your ankle is feeling better soon.

peggyanns1955

peggyanns1955
    Thanks for the encouragement! Sorry you couldn't run in your marathon, but you seem to have the right attitude. Good luck! I hope you're able to get back at it very soon.

ran the warrior dash yesterday. had a fun race but didnt have a good race. need to train a lot harder if i decide to do it next year(and to not jump from the top of the wall!). cargo net was easier then i thought. was a little scared to run on the dash(junk car obstacle) in fear it may have caved. my lunges come in really handy after running through the mud then going up the hay.the wall climb was easy up, but i misjudged how far it was down and i just jumped down....... bad idea. the horizontal net was easier to get through if you went through sideways. the fire was coool to jump over(if they post a pic of me doing that ill post it) and the finally was a nice crawl through the mud under barbwire

great job!

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    great job!
    ^^^ this

vcackerman...wow!!

~Go Big or Go Home!!~ hbk442000's Avatar
    hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great job buddy.
    "If the bar ain't bendin ur just pretendin"

Chi10-10-10

Striving to Master my Bod ajw1970's Avatar
    ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great work! Looking forward to the details!
    Seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. -Mat 6:33

There's only one way to lose weight wisely and permanently, and it's no secret. It's simple, but it's not easy: exercise and eat right, consistently.
    and
    You can soak in specifics, ketogenics, periodization pcts and the facts, fallacies, myths and mysteries of hypertrophy...I'll be at the gym. -Dave Draper

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134207181

hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up Quick Half Marathon Recap: New PR!!!!!!!!

Hey folks..my first half of the year is in the books. I'll have a full race recap in my new "Running Changes Everything Blog." Do out midweek. For now here are some quick highlights:

Going into the half I wasn't fully trained..my longest run of the year was 11 miles and that was done a few weeks ago. I've been working on middle distance training (10K) and was focusing on good form running, gaining fitness for speed and working on hills.

As I prepared for the half I had no time goal in mind. I just wanted to use this race to motivate myself for a long training run, work on little things such as breathing, properly grab water at the stations and properly drinking and running. I've long tried to master even splits so my pace goal was 8minutes.

As the race started I stayed middle of the pack..again no time goal and went more on how I felt. If I need to slow..then so be it. I really really really really surprised myself. I was on pace to go sub 1:40:00, a new PR for me, until I tweaked my right calf. But regardless of the calf I was still cruising and on pace to a new PR-1:43:19 (7:54 pace). I'm speechless on how this all came about. I'm currently reviewing my data, nutrition plan leading up to the race and my race strategy. My immediate thoughts are that 1. Fitness level is coming back fast, 2. My body is injury free (knock on my hard head), 3. I'm having fun without putting pressure on myself 4. I'm sticking to a race strategy and being patient.

I'll have a full recap soon...since I have so many thoughts going through my head. But damn..I'm off to a great season..

Chi10-10-10

angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Excellent! i can't wait to hear all about it

ran the warrior dash yesterday. had a fun race but didnt have a good race. need to train a lot harder if i decide to do it next year(and to not jump from the top of the wall!). cargo net was easier then i thought. was a little scared to run on the dash(junk car obstacle) in fear it may have caved. my lunges come in really handy after running through the mud then going up the hay.the wall climb was easy up, but i misjudged how far it was down and i just jumped down....... bad idea. the horizontal net was easier to get through if you went through sideways. the fire was coool to jump over(if they post a pic of me doing that ill post it) and the finally was a nice crawl through the mud under barbwire
    I STILL haven't signed up for the one in late July. Gotta get on that...it looks like a helluva time! Hope you're not too terribly sore from the jump and yes, if there's a pic of you jumping through fire you absolutely have to post it. Great job!

By the way...is anyone on BB.com also on Twitter/FB. If you are let me know. I'm starting a new program via twitter called Running Changes Everything. More details to come.

Chi10-10-10

Originally Posted by angimal View Post

I STILL haven't signed up for the one in late July. Gotta get on that...it looks like a helluva time! Hope you're not too terribly sore from the jump and yes, if there's a pic of you jumping through fire you absolutely have to post it. Great job!
    my left heel is a bit sore but nothing major. i got half off my registration from groupon so maybe youd like to look into that.

ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hbk442000 View Post
    Hey folks..my first half of the year is in the books.... But regardless of the calf I was still cruising and on pace to a new PR-1:43:19 (7:54 pace)...
    I'll have a full recap soon...since I have so many thoughts going through my head. But damn..I'm off to a great season..
    Outstanding!
    Seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. -Mat 6:33

There's only one way to lose weight wisely and permanently, and it's no secret. It's simple, but it's not easy: exercise and eat right, consistently.
    and
    You can soak in specifics, ketogenics, periodization pcts and the facts, fallacies, myths and mysteries of hypertrophy...I'll be at the gym. -Dave Draper

Originally Posted by ajw1970 View Post
    Outstanding!
    Thank You.

Chi10-10-10

Feel33 Act43 Look53 Age63 RogerAgness's Avatar
    RogerAgness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RogerAgness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RogerAgness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RogerAgness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RogerAgness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RogerAgness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RogerAgness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RogerAgness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RogerAgness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RogerAgness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RogerAgness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Red face 5K yesterday, and finished dead last.

I ran a 5K yesterday... and finished dead last, in 43 minutes. Probably walked about a mile total.

Since college I always been an off-and-on runner, when I feel like it and when the weather is nice, but over the last two years that I've been going to the gym I've been on a 3x week work out and 3x week run schedule. My last 5K two years ago was 33min, slow but respectable for an old guy with a broken shoulder.

Don't know what happened yesterday other than I haven't been training for distance at all. On my workout days I do 10 minute warmup on the treadmill and a 5 minute cooldown at the end, and maybe a mile on the cardio days.

Oh well, I wasn't trying to win anyway, I was going to be happy just to finish, which I did.

But I can lift weights now this year!
    Last edited by RogerAgness; 05-03-2011 at 01:07 PM.
    \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, not an amusement park!

Originally Posted by RogerAgness View Post
    I ran a 5K yesterday... and finished dead last, in 43 minutes. Probably walked about a mile total.

I always been an off-and-on runner, when I feel like it and when the weather is nice, but over the last two years that I've been going to the gym I've been on a 3x week work out and 3x week run schedule. My last 5K two years ago was 33min, slow but respectable for an old guy with a broken shoulder.

Don't know what happened yesterday other than I haven't been training for distance at all. I do 10 minute warmup on the treadmill and a 5 minute cooldown at the end, and maybe a mile on the cardio days.

Oh well, I wasn't trying to win anyway, I was going to be happy just to finish, which I did.

We all start somewhere. MAJOR PROPS for sticking with it and finishing. Take things one step and one mile at a time.

Chi10-10-10

ran the warrior dash yesterday. ... and the finally was a nice crawl through the mud under barbwire
    Just how I like to finish all my races! Sounds like a blast!

and

I ran a 5K yesterday... and finished
    Ran and finished... that's all that matters. My last race was an 8k near the end of the year last year and I thought quite hard about walking to my car midway through... finishing is always an accomplishment. :-)

and

I always been an off-and-on runner, when I feel like it and when the weather is nice, but over the last two years that I've been going to the gym I've been on a 3x week work out and 3x week run schedule. My last 5K two years ago was 33min, slow but respectable for an old guy with a broken shoulder.

Don't know what happened yesterday other than I haven't been training for distance at all. I do 10 minute warmup on the treadmill and a 5 minute cooldown at the end, and maybe a mile on the cardio days.

You finished, that's the important thing. Would have been pretty damn easy to bail but you didn't and you're awesome for it! Congratulations!

Originally Posted by hbk442000 View Post
    Hey folks..my first half of the year is in the books. I'll have a full race recap in my new "Running Changes Everything Blog." Do out midweek. For now here are some quick highlights:

Going into the half I wasn't fully trained..my longest run of the year was 11 miles and that was done a few weeks ago. I've been working on middle distance training (10K) and was focusing on good form running, gaining fitness for speed and working on hills.

As I prepared for the half I had no time goal in mind. I just wanted to use this race to motivate myself for a long training run, work on little things such as breathing, properly grab water at the stations and properly drinking and running. I've long tried to master even splits so my pace goal was 8minutes.

As the race started I stayed middle of the pack..again no time goal and went more on how I felt. If I need to slow..then so be it. I really really really really surprised myself. I was on pace to go sub 1:40:00, a new PR for me, until I tweaked my right calf. But regardless of the calf I was still cruising and on pace to a new PR-1:43:19 (7:54 pace). I'm speechless on how this all came about. I'm currently reviewing my data, nutrition plan leading up to the race and my race strategy. My immediate thoughts are that 1. Fitness level is coming back fast, 2. My body is injury free (knock on my hard head), 3. I'm having fun without putting pressure on myself 4. I'm sticking to a race strategy and being patient.

Under an 8 min mile?? Excellent!!

Maybe it's reverse psychology...you didn't stress about it...you 'used' this run for something entirely different than just competition. Great job!

Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    Under an 8 min mile?? Excellent!!

Maybe it's reverse psychology...you didn't stress about it...you 'used' this run for something entirely different than just competition. Great job!
    Thank You!!!

I think you might be part right. I haven't been stressing abt my races at all and I'm three for three on PR's. I'm definately building towards Soldier Field 10..that's the race/time I want to smash and smash it like its going out of style. lol.

But deep breath..and continue to review the things that are allowing me to be successful.

Chi10-10-10

Page 139 of 214 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 ... LastLast