Page 11 of 214 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
    I changed my mile run from 5:21 to 4:49. That was with only 10 practices than ran 3 hours long and 5 hours of training at home. Though a mile isn't a big distance it is a way to judge what your potential best lap time could be. 30s off of a time is a lot more than I thought I did worth in training. Milestone into running. Also talked to CC coach and he said he wants me for next years team. Was a good day, except i only placed 5th in the event and top 4 go to regional's =(
    Hey great time on the mile, good progress too dropping your times like that. Where was the race?
    The Spirit is like the wind that blows wherever it wants to. You can hear the wind, but you don't know where it comes from or where it is going.

snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey kids,

didn't post yesterday post-run, but I got in 3 more beautiful, comfortable miles at right around 30 minutes. I'm thinking right now I'm going to settle in for the time being at a 10 minute pace and work to gradually reduce it.

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by snoack View Post
    Hey kids,

didn't post yesterday post-run, but I got in 3 more beautiful, comfortable miles at right around 30 minutes. I'm thinking right now I'm going to settle in for the time being at a 10 minute pace and work to gradually reduce it.
    nothing wrong with a 10 minute mile man....nothing at all. If you are planning on a 1/2...that's a good pace to shoot for....maybe a little less would be good...but that is VERY respectable.
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

My Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145043261

snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    nothing wrong with a 10 minute mile man....nothing at all. If you are planning on a 1/2...that's a good pace to shoot for....maybe a little less would be good...but that is VERY respectable.

my thinking is that I can cut a good 30-45 seconds off of that pace for a race without too much strain. I can run all day at that pace, and it should keep me in the upper half of any race field. Funny thing is is that at 10 minutes I feel like I'm barely moving.

Quitting is not an option thepainter5's Avatar
    thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I got out again to run in the early morning. I found out that I will need to go even earlier as it warmed up quite a bit by 8 am.

Todays run was a battle between by body and my mind. After running 5 miles yesterday, my body said do a 3.3 mile run today but my mind was saying 'do 5 miles' again today.

The result was a compromise where I did run 5 miles albeit 2.5 minutes slower than yesterdays run.

Tomorrow is a rest day and Sunday will be my long run of the week. I will aim for 8-9 miles and I will either find a nice trail or a running track to run on that day.

I hope everyone else has/had good runs today.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I can run all day at that pace, and it should keep me in the upper half of any race field.
    ORLY? I guess this means that a full marathon is in store for you?

While at my folks in FL this week, they told me about (and I read in their local paper) about a triathlon that had just taken place a day before I arrived. Man, I started thinking about how freaking' awesome those people are who complete those. Seriously. 112 miles on bike, 2.4 miles swimming in the ocean (17 people had to be pulled out of the water this year, but one drowned last year), and then 26+ mile run? (this specific tri was actually a mini/half" though). I know I can't let it get to me, but it sure puts "our" accomplishments in perspective, you know?

Originally Posted by thepainter5 View Post
    The result was a compromise where I did run 5 miles albeit 2.5 minutes slower than yesterdays run.

I hope everyone else has/had good runs today.
    Sounds to me like it wasn't too much of a compromise, as you actually ran the distance! Damn the time!

I had a great workout today, which included squats & SLDLs, so...no running for me today. But I do plan on running tomorrow (probably with my son).
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50) marmadukemas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey guys so just to make up for being gone so long I lugged my cybershot out with me today. Had a great run, not sure the stats, forgot to start the timer on my HR monitor, but about 5+ miles. Great conditions, low 60's, no humidity, sunny and clear. I felt great and had an awesome run. I love my route, through the woods, thought you might enjoy taking a peek.

Attached Images
    The Spirit is like the wind that blows wherever it wants to. You can hear the wind, but you don't know where it comes from or where it is going.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by marmadukemas View Post
    Hey guys so just to make up for being gone so long I lugged my cybershot out with me today. Had a great run, not sure the stats, forgot to start the timer on my HR monitor, but about 5+ miles. Great conditions, low 60's, no humidity, sunny and clear. I felt great and had an awesome run. I love my route, through the woods, thought you might enjoy taking a peek.
    Sounds like perfect conditions to run in. Cool pic. When I have the time, I'll try to snap a pic or two of part of one of my regular routes. The rest of you guys/gals ought to do the same if you can. Nothing like some pics to make things more interesting around here .

Got out and got it done this morning. It was misting and threatening rain, but it never did really rain. Ran an intentional slow pace since I worked legs yesterday, and breathing was very comfortable. Legs tightened up about on the 3 mile mark while going up a hill, but it was all good afterward.

Distance- 5 Miles
    Total Time - 49:21 (just under 10:00 pace)
    140/169 (avg down approx 10BPM from "normal" runs)
    *Ran fasted with one scoop of Shock Therapy, BCAAs, and beta-alanine. Felt great.
    Last edited by dbx; 05-16-2009 at 08:15 AM.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys hows everyone?

I know I'm not over 35 but was wondering if you guys cared that I followed and posted in here?

I just started running longer distances and like it, in fact broke down and bought a HR monitor yesterday.

Lets see I ran this morning:

Stats are aprox because I run mostly on the beach:
    10 miles
    new monitor read max of 202 and 183 avg
    anyone know how acurate those cal counters are?

-Dave

Originally Posted by LiveFast23 View Post
    Hey guys hows everyone?

I know I'm not over 35 but was wondering if you guys cared that I followed and posted in here?

I just started running longer distances and like it, in fact broke down and bought a HR monitor yesterday.

Lets see I ran this morning:

Stats are aprox because I run mostly on the beach:
    10 miles
    new monitor read max of 202 and 183 avg
    anyone know how acurate those cal counters are?

-Dave
    Welcome Dave! You are more than welcome to post in here and be part of our little community. We only ask that you; be respectful, encourage others, recognize others, and just have fun in general . It is a sense of community that is most important to us here.

Anyway, yes, most HRMs are fairly accurate for BPM. The key is to find what your max HR really is. Go to the 1st page/1st post and check the links there. One is specifically about heart rates and finding your max through various methods. My advice would be for you to try 3 different methods and then compare/average them. From what you posted, I'd guess your max HR might be around 205 or so. The 183 avg seems high, but it's all relative. be aware that hydration/temp/diet etc., can also effect HRM readings. Still, they are a fun gadget to play with .

Again, welcome. You might also go back to the 1st page/post and tell us a little about yourself.

LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiveFast23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok a little more about me:

I was never a runner, in fact I hated running. It was pretty much the last thing that you would find me doing. I had to be really angry to go running. I played some sports in high school and hated the running to condition, running to just run part. Over the past 3.5 years or so I have been an on again off again lifter. That changed around Aug 08. I started going to the school's gym. It went from biking to lifting and more lifting. To eating right. To doing my first cut. That was where the running started. It's pretty much taken off since then and a lot more in the past 2 months or so. I've started to like running.

Goals wise: I want to run a marathon and compete in Iron man's at some point. On top of my current goal of dropping about another 15 lbs and getting "ripped" over the summer.

From there it puts me pretty much here.

I earlier posted up my run. The HR is going to be a little skewed. There was a getting it properly adjusted and about 2 min of stoppage time on top of that there was an all out sprint to the finish for the last aprox. .1 mile. On top of not much in my stomach and the heat starting to get to me on the back 3 or 4.

On a side note that was the longest just straight run I have ever done and mapped.
    I've started to look at the links on page 1 they seem really good and I'll start to use them.

I think thats the background you guys all have posted up here. Hope it helps.

Ok a little more about me:

I was never a runner, in fact I hated running.
    You sound like me (and a lot of us lifters here).

I've started to like running.
    The sickness sets in!

Goals wise: I want to run a marathon and compete in Iron man's at some point. On top of my current goal of dropping about another 15 lbs and getting "ripped" over the summer.
    Awesome goal to have. Just keep in mind; to some degree, you cannot serve two masters. You can either excel at lifting and run "on the side" .... or ..... you can excel at running and "lift here and there", but you won't likely excel at both. At least, not at the same time, so to speak. You can search back in this thread for more discussion on this.

I earlier posted up my run. The HR is going to be a little skewed. There was a getting it properly adjusted and about 2 min of stoppage time on top of that there was an all out sprint to the finish for the last aprox. .1 mile. On top of not much in my stomach and the heat starting to get to me on the back 3 or 4.

On a side note that was the longest just straight run I have ever done and mapped.
    I've started to look at the links on page 1 they seem really good and I'll start to use them.

I think thats the background you guys all have posted up here. Hope it helps.
    First, what brand/model HRM did you get? You know you need to enter current body weight and your peak HR to get a closer guesstimate of your cals burned, right? And don't worry about having a skewed average, because it is what it is; just an average. It can be helpful to to know if you're running in an anaerobic range or an aerobic range too. Always running in just one range can lead to "over training" and fatigue.

And congrats on the PR (personal record) on today's run! A few of our members just ran half marathons just in the last week or two. Me? I'm a hack . I try to keep the thread together and lend insight where I can, but I've only been running for 3yrs and am far from being an expert. I just love to run now. Hell, I still can't believe I say those words .

My goal with this thread (I think of it as a min-sub-forum) is to have good information and little chitchat throughout each page. Even chitchat should be kept to running related topics for the most part. And again, camaraderie is also high priority here. It would suck if all we did was post about "ourselves" and never acknowledge others for their accomplishments. I expect each poster/member in here to treat their fellow runners like they'd treat their best e-pals in the main forums. Know what I mean? I've come to believe that lifters who run and bike are somewhat uniquely driven people. This theory of mine seems to bear itself out in subtle and not so subtle ways through our communication in here.

Glad to have you with us, Dave. Make yourself right at home.

Dove350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dove350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dove350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dove350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dove350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dove350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dove350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dove350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dove350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dove350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dove350 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Fri Afternoon at 1:00

68 F Sunny
    6 mile reg course
    1:18 or 13:00 per mile (75 Run/ 25% walk on paved area
    No HR info

Fun run with my wife on her bike

Originally Posted by Dove350 View Post
    Fri Afternoon at 1:00

68 F Sunny
    6 mile reg course
    1:18 or 13:00 per mile (75 Run/ 25% walk on paved area
    No HR info

Fun run with my wife on her bike
    Six miles is a nice distance. WTG!

Some of the scenery on a route I run a lot.

Here are some pics of one of the routes I run. It's the one I've mentioned that it's easy to "get lost" in your thoughts while running. Unfortunately, the pics (or my camera) couldn't capture a lot of what I see (like a small lake on one side of the road, and cows in the pastures).

This is the "beginning" of the road view after I've run approx 1 mile and I'm well outside my hood:

You can see a cow pasture to the left here:

This is near the end (turn around point) of the road and is a formidable incline:

This is a pic of the beginning, but from the view of return. It shows the incline a bit too:

Last, but not least...a pic from the top of the hill that I live on, and the one I do "repeat hills" on. It is much steeper than this pic can relate:

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice Pics Kevin. Looks like you have some great places to run. Love the cow pastures. I found a nice little section on the rails to trails project near the house that has some great scenery.
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    Nice Pics Kevin. Looks like you have some great places to run. Love the cow pastures. I found a nice little section on the rails to trails project near the house that has some great scenery.
    It's overcast and been rainy here today, but I just snapped all those pics with a short drive out of the hood an hour ago. And yeah, that pasture (and the other one) was full of cows when my son and I ran by them this morning. My son has gotten used to me saying to the cows, "Good morning, ladies!" and then waving at them . Some of them just have that WTF? look on their faces when we run by. The people who own the house in the background with the red metal roof, have two mannequins out front (near the road) that they dress according to whatever "season" or holiday time it is. I should have snapped a pic of them. Currently, they're dressed in formal wedding clothing (I assume because maybe it's the time of year for a lot of marriages?). Anyway, it's weird, but kinda neat and definitely unique.

Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    Here are some pics of one of the routes I run. It's the one I've mentioned that it's easy to "get lost" in your thoughts while running. Unfortunately, the pics (or my camera) couldn't capture a lot of what I see (like a small lake on one side of the road, and cows in the pastures).

This is the "beginning" of the road view after I've run approx 1 mile and I'm well outside my hood:

You can see a cow pasture to the left here:

This is near the end (turn around point) of the road and is a formidable incline:

This is a pic of the beginning, but from the view of return. It shows the incline a bit too:

Last, but not least...a pic from the top of the hill that I live on, and the one I do "repeat hills" on. It is much steeper than this pic can relate:
    Hey great route, thanks for posting the pics. Did you ever see those t-shirts runners used to wear that had a long curvy road in it and on the front said "My Gym" and on the back had a pair of worn out running shoes and the caption "My Dues?" Anyway, your route totally reminds me of the picture on the front of that shirt.

Hey great route, thanks for posting the pics. Did you ever see those t-shirts runners used to wear that had a long curvy road in it and on the front said "My Gym" and on the back had a pair of worn out running shoes and the caption "My Dues?" Anyway, your route totally reminds me of the picture on the front of that shirt.
    No, never seen that T. My oldest son had a couple of cool ones when he ran track/x-country in HS. My favorite (he created it) said something like, "Trample the weak and hurdle the dead", and the other said, "Lace up, Shut up, Keep up".

Well, both boys are out tonight and my daughter is at Six Flags...so I'm bored . I went out and took a few more pics (you started it, Marmadukemas! ). It was 7:45 when I took em', so the lighting isn't optimal.

Here is a pic of the street/hill I live on, and I think it shows the steepness of the hill pretty good. My property starts on the left at the streetlight:

Same angle. Shows a little more of my yard on the left. My driveway is across from that stop sign on the right:

And lastly, this was taken in my driveway....looking out at the road I always start down for any of the normal local runs I do:

My favorite (he created it) said something like, "Trample the weak and hurdle the dead", and the other said, "Lace up, Shut up, Keep up".
    My cousin's daughter is a very good cross country runner. When we ran that 5k last year she had a shirt that said on the back....If you can read this, I'm winning

I didn't read it for long

No, never seen that T. My oldest son had a couple of cool ones when he ran track/x-country in HS. My favorite (he created it) said something like, "Trample the weak and hurdle the dead", and the other said, "Lace up, Shut up, Keep up".

Well, both boys are out tonight and my daughter is at Six Flags...so I'm bored . I went out and took a few more pics (you started it, Marmadukemas! ). It was 7:45 when I took em', so the lighting isn't optimal.

Here is a pic of the street/hill I live on, and I think it shows the steepness of the hill pretty good. My property starts on the left at the streetlight:

Same angle. Shows a little more of my yard on the left. My driveway is across from that stop sign on the right:

And lastly, this was taken in my driveway....looking out at the road I always start down for any of the normal local runs I do:
    Hey quite a hill you have to run there all right, but I really feel for you on the size of that yard you have to mow, man that is some serious grass cutting!

Great photos Kevin, thanks for sharing.

Ok everybody else, time to step up the game and show us your route!

So this is Smith Rock, it is a really amazing geological formation. Awesome running trail along the base there. OK, this isn't rellay one of my run routes, normally I hike back here tp rock climb, but there are plenty of people who jog this. Just thought everyone might like to see it and maybe it will inspire someone to go the extra mile.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by marmadukemas; 05-16-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Hey quite a hill you have to run there all right, but I really feel for you on the size of that yard you have to mow, man that is some serious grass cutting!
    LOL, yes, it's a decent bit of grass to cut (400' road frontage), and I have a fully sodded back yard too . Actually, it only takes me about an hour to cut it with a riding mower (fast speed and no bagging).

Just thought everyone might like to see it and maybe it will inspire someone to go the extra mile.
    Definitely inspiring! Man, I'd love to have something that scenic around me .

Off to see if I can beat the rain that local radar shows moving in on me. I feel good now, so I'll see how it goes. Plan is for 4.4 miles.

It started raining about 1 mile into my run, but it was just very light drizzle, so it kinda felt good. I still don't understand why I run faster by myself than when with my son, but I do. I took 2:25 off of the same route today as we ran yesterday.

Distance - 5 Miles
    Time - 46:56
    144/169
    735 (same cals burned as yesterday)
    Fasted - BCAAs, beta-alanine, 1 scoop Shock Therapy before & BCAAs, Beta-alanine, CEE, and L-glutamine after.

I felt great again today. Easy breathing and legs felt good. On a less hilly course, I could have run a couple more miles easy today.

Awesome goal to have. Just keep in mind; to some degree, you cannot serve two masters. You can either excel at lifting and run "on the side" .... or ..... you can excel at running and "lift here and there", but you won't likely excel at both. At least, not at the same time, so to speak. You can search back in this thread for more discussion on this.

First, what brand/model HRM did you get? You know you need to enter current body weight and your peak HR to get a closer guesstimate of your cals burned, right?

I know that I cannot do both. My friend keeps telling me. So I'm going to Lift 4 days a week run longer on the weekends and a little for warm-ups and if I can drag my sorry self out of bed at 430am once a week durring the week maybe get a run in durring the week.

As for the HRM I got a Polar F6. I did some looking figured out what I wanted and then bought the one that did what I needed. I know that you have to set the current body weight and I and I'm not sure if I set the peak HR, which could explain the really huge number of calories the HRM was telling me that I burned.

So this is Smith Rock, it is a really amazing geological formation. Awesome running trail along the base there. OK, this isn't rellay one of my run routes, normally I hike back here tp rock climb, but there are plenty of people who jog this. Just thought everyone might like to see it and maybe it will inspire someone to go the extra mile.

WOW!! That looks great. Must be fun.

got in a nice easy 4 mile run today. Approximate time was right around 40 minutes, may have actually been a tick under. Next week I'm going to break out the stopwatch again, but after 3+ months of running I'm pretty good at gauging my pace and I'm moving right around a 10 minute mile very comfortably.

got in a nice easy 4 mile run today. Approximate time was right around 40 minutes, may have actually been a tick under. Next week I'm going to break out the stopwatch again, but after 3+ months of running I'm pretty good at gauging my pace and I'm moving right around a 10 minute mile very comfortably.
    Easy 4 miles run, eh? Things are looking easier! WTG

Oh, and Marmadukemas, I thought it was only fitting that I show you a shot of my back yard. My nephews came over and while standing in the LR our dog started barking, which she never does. I said it's probably a deer in the back yard. My nephew looked out the window and said, "You called that one uncle Kev" ,

I took another pic of one only 2wks ago. I probably have a dozen deer bed in my side wooded area.

All right, who's got some good stuff from the weekend to share?

Any races?

Let's hear it.

Quitting is not an option thepainter5's Avatar
    thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000) thepainter5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't have anything from the weekend, oh wait it is a long weekend up here so I actually did run this 'weekend'

I put in a 10 mile run in just under 1:49:00

I started off slowly as this was my first long run since the HM 15 days ago. Before to long I started to feel my left shin and calf tighten again. I stopped and loosened the laces and started again. 2/3 of a mile later it was still getting worse then it dawned on me. The very top eyelet for the laces, the one that is used to keep the heel in place, the one where you put the lace under a loop before tying your shoes, that was hindering my movement/circulation.

I undid that and went back to the old fashion way to tie runners. It took about 1.5 miles for the tightness to work itself out and then I had an enjoyable run. Well atleast until the last 1.5 miles where I was getting tired.

All in all, it was a good run and I shaved about 10 minutes off from when I last ran that distance.

I noticed the scenery shots some of you have posted and those look like nice places to run. My route is mostly city streets because I get to lazy to drive 10 minutes to run on the trails. Sometimes it is like I just want to run as well as not worry about having my truck broken into while I am running.

Today I waited until it just started to lightly rain and that was a refreshing run. I had bagged my MP3 so no worries there of course the wet t-shirt did irritate those two useless bumps guys have on their chests (girls have all the fun toys)

PS Kevin, it could be that you and your son give up sometime because of each others company and that you just don't really notice it because of the fact it is part of your father-son time.
    Last edited by thepainter5; 05-18-2009 at 04:33 PM.