Thread: MRI Results..

I shoot people like you.. The Director's Avatar
    The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50)

MRI Results..

I recently got into an accident, and just found my mri results in my folder. Can anyone here give me an opinion on how bad it is? doc said I don't need surgery, just heal time, but it feels worse than it should. Wanna get some regular opinions.,,

MRI Results :

MRI of the thoracic spine without contrast

1- Multiple compression fractures are identified in the thoracic spine involving the t1 through t6 vertebral bodies as well as t9. there is no significant retropulsion of fragments into the spinal canal

2- disruption of the interspinous ligament at t5 with post traumatic changes the soft tissues throughout the upper thoracic spine.
    --

MRI of the cervical without contrast

1- edema in the region of the supraspinous ligament from c2 to c5
    2- edema in the posterior paravertebral soft tissues from c7 to t3.
    3 the previously described fracture of the left lamina at c5 is not well seen in the current examination.
    4 mild discogenic disease at c5-c6 with a 2 mm left paracentral disc protrusion
    5- compression fracture of the t4 vertebral body less than 25% height loss.

opinions?

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, that is some bad injuries to be honest...

1. You basically "broke you back" through 7 vertebrae (t1 to t6+t9)... but the upside is that none of them fragmented into your spinal cord which may have paralyzed you.

2. LOTS of swelling around your neck and upper thoracic area... looks like one of the spinal ligaments was disrupted as well as some other stuff.

Bad injury, but really since it didn't really do any PERMANENT damage to your spinal cord you should consider yourself lucky.

Just make sure you follow docs orders to a T so that you don't mess up with the healing process for your spine. If you're anxious to get back to exercise then ask him what you can or cannot do.

The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is this something that may disrupt me later in life? doctor said it was a good 8 week heal time.

Just some info, it was a car accident, got thrown out of the car 20 feet away straight onto the concrete.

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by The Director View Post
    Is this something that may disrupt me later in life? doctor said it was a good 8 week heal time.

Just some info, it was a car accident, got thrown out of the car 20 feet away straight onto the concrete.
    Ouch.

Doubtful it should bother you later... well, maybe some discomfort when the weather changes (low/high pressure). That tends to affect all of us who have previously had injuries.

But if the bones heal correctly then you shouldn't have any problems getting back to athletic activity or weightlifting.

Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Sorry to hear about your accident..However, your prognosis is good...Weightraining will be out of the question for a good while..The soft tissue and ligament damage will heal with rest and time..For now, PT will consist strictly of modalities(pain and edema management) after a month or so you will progress into some gentle stretching and core strengthening exercises

The key is to give it time and not rush back into strenuous activity as you will only prolong your recovery and in worst case cause more injury..I would start a log to document your progress, and share what exactly your Ortho and PTs have you doing rehab wise

Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grind4Mine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You are extremely lucky and should be greatful there was no nerve damage, thats a huge plus and would lead me to believe with proper rest and rehab you will have little to no complications down the line

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by The Director View Post

This is why seat-belts are compulsory over here!

Very lucky to only have the damage that you do.

Will it all heal? Yes.
    Well, the bony injuries will heal but compression fractures can cause some shortening of the vertbrae. Likely to have acheing with cold and weather changes, and early arthritis down the track.

Now, also remember that if there were fractures, there was probabably other soft tissue damage that was not shown on the MRI, so all tissues wil need their time to heal and rehabilitate.
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Agree with Fresh-there will be some early arthritis or joint stiffness for a while, and to hold off on compressive exercises. You may however feel real good if you had some distractive forces. I would ask if it would be OK to perform lat pull downs.

Man you are lucky to be alive! I sincerely hope you buckle up every time you get in a vehicle!!!

Yes about the seatbelts, we had actually just taken off, about 2 minutes before the crash, so belts were off =(.

thanks for all the replies, makes me feel alot better knowing it wont hold me down too much in life, i'll be starting off slowly in 8 weeks, working bodyparts which werent injured, legs, arms, etc.

Originally Posted by yitmy View Post
    Agree with Fresh-there will be some early arthritis or joint stiffness for a while, and to hold off on compressive exercises. You may however feel real good if you had some distractive forces. I would ask if it would be OK to perform lat pull downs.

Man you are lucky to be alive! I sincerely hope you buckle up every time you get in a vehicle!!!
    absolutely not pay 0 attention to this post

Bro, lifting weights is about the last thing on your mind right now, you just broke your back..Let things settle down so to speak, which is going to take a while