Thread: Is this legit?

XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000)

Is this legit?

Hello i took there ''test'' and passed. They say send 100.00 and ill get cert. Just wondering if its scam or not?
    http://www.americansportandfitness.c...-certification

aptfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aptfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aptfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aptfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aptfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aptfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aptfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aptfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aptfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Angry

Nowadays anyone can become a personal trainer, sad times.

Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by XX400EX View Post
    Hello i took there ''test'' and passed. They say send 100.00 and ill get cert. Just wondering if its scam or not?

Its a brand new organization

If you want to get certified without all the high cost then go to AMFPT.com. You can either take a live course or save money going online.

I have my PT, Sports Nutritionist, and Master Fitness Trainer certification through them. A number of folks such as IFBB pros George Farah and Guy Cisterino have their certifications as well

soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm sure it's ok....BUT...............................

You are going to have a hard time getting a job at a big time commercial gym with this cert. The certification is what gets you in the door and gets you a job, you learn from actually working.

That being said, most big gyms have a list of certs they want, just ask around. I would not waste 100 bucks on this, I'd spend a little extra and go through a much more respected program.
    www.kylelongfitness.com

ISSA-Certified Personal Trainer
    ACSM-Certified Personal Trainer (In progress!)

The most important wealth is your health!

Is it wrong to be strong?

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Hello thanks for the replys guys now i know where to go from here. There isnt any big name gyms in my area there all private owned ill see what they require. Im thinking more along the lines of private training clients on the side. Im not about to give up my day job.

flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10) flexapeal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Its always good to prepare and know what the gym in your area is looking for. Who knows they might not be too picky. Most gyms require more but its always good to plan ahead. Sounds like your on the right track.

Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000) Vince Goodrum is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by soccerpro6 View Post
    I'm sure it's ok....BUT...............................

You are going to have a hard time getting a job at a big time commercial gym with this cert. The certification is what gets you in the door and gets you a job, you learn from actually working.

That being said, most big gyms have a list of certs they want, just ask around. I would not waste 100 bucks on this, I'd spend a little extra and go through a much more respected program.

I would never work for the gym directly unless I was just starting out. You would make more money as an independent contractor. That way you can charge what you want and make your own hours.

In any event, most gym owner simply look at a person's physique rather than their certifications simply because there are literally hundreds of different organizations out there not even counting every college and even high schools that offer personal training certification.

In the scheme of things, that piece of paper doesn't really matter

avpwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by XX400EX View Post
    That site is ridiculous! They have no authority whatsoever and I would not take a test from them.

Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I got 87%. Haha. damn.. some were tricky, few of the physiology questions were tricky.

every one take the test, let's see how ppl do.

They still offered me a certificate. sweet as. hahah what a joke.

Biastraining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You know the cert is bad when you answer all them with just pressing tab/space 90 times. it says you got a 45% need a 70% to pass. then tells you go back and check your answers. Then in which they give you all the answers for you to pass. HAHA

MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Vince Goodrum View Post
    In the scheme of things, that piece of paper doesn't really matter
    So true. The general population does not know the difference from one cert vs another

Anybody can pass a personal training exam.

I know of a trainer who took the $100 IFA course online. It's the only cert he has, and been training for over 5 years now, has his own little gym, and a pretty solid training schedule. He's making a pretty good living doing it
    Last edited by MVP; 11-03-2009 at 08:42 AM.
    Mastering Yourself Makes You Fearless

Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MVP View Post
    So true. The general population does not know the difference from one cert vs another

Anybody can pass a personal training exam.

I know of a trainer who took the $100 IFA course online. It's the only cert he has, and been training for over 5 years now, has his own little gym, and a pretty solid training schedule. He's making a pretty good living doing it

At my gym, half the trainers only have IFA certs...

Some are good trainers, some are bad... All are certified and have insurance...

In the end, certs really don't matter. Experience, knowledge, and putting it to use is what matters. Certs only get you in the door and help get insurance policies.
    ~Coach Rick Sterling Tarleton
    USA Weightlifting, USA Track&Field
    CrossFit L-1, ISSA CFT, Pilates
    www.CoachRickSterling.com

White_Belt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) White_Belt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) White_Belt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) White_Belt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) White_Belt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) White_Belt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) White_Belt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) White_Belt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) White_Belt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) White_Belt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) White_Belt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Lol 77%, never taken a course ever...i passed! LOL

carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Interesting test. many of the questions where poorly worded. I got a 85%.