Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anaar is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hanging on a pull up bar

I already know that hanging on a pull up bar is a great way to stretch the lats and a great way to warm up the forearms.

However, does hanging have any benefit for the lower back? Seems like it would stretch it, but I'm not sure.

SouthernLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SouthernLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SouthernLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SouthernLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SouthernLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SouthernLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SouthernLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SouthernLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SouthernLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SouthernLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SouthernLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Anaar View Post
    I already know that hanging on a pull up bar is a great way to stretch the lats and a great way to warm up the forearms.

However, does hanging have any benefit for the lower back? Seems like it would stretch it, but I'm not sure.
    Yes. Hanging will decompress your spine.

You can also hang and twist at your hips while swinging your legs. Think of doing standing twists with a broom stick or dowel, but your hanging from the bar. This will really stretch out your arms, shoulders, lats, mid and low back.
    "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general."

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yes, hanging from a bar will traction the spine which is very good

however, it can also stretch the lower back muscles which is bad because you want stability, not flexibility, there, so don't overdo it
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aub27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i hang after every workout twice for about 20 seconds. i heard about it from LSU's strength and conditioning coach tom moffit. if the tigers are doing it im sure as hell gona do it.