Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000)

Scientology is no more absurd or ridiculous than Christianity or Islam

It's just that we're so saturated and imbricated and emotionally invested in these old religions that we fail to step outside the box and see them for the ridiculous cults that they are.

It's disturbing and telling how easily people can be brainwashed - Scientologists, for example. It just shows how the human mind, when it comes to religion, is prone to delusion so so easily.

Most Christians and Muslims are doomed to wander blindly, unaware that they're brainwashed in a cult, oblivious to the fact that Scientology is no more absurd than their own cherished comforting delusions. A fish doesn't know it's wet. A deluded person doesn't know he's deluded. A person in a cult doesn't know he's in a cult.

Very sad.

blancmange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blancmange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blancmange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blancmange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blancmange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blancmange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blancmange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blancmange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blancmange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blancmange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blancmange is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    its also one of the most peaceful religions!

doobiebro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doobiebro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doobiebro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doobiebro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doobiebro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doobiebro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doobiebro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doobiebro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doobiebro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doobiebro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doobiebro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's probably true. But as long as you can read, Christianity and Islam doesn't try to hide their absurdity. Scientology pretends the weird **** isn't part of it.
    ******I support Ron Paul for 2012!******

The red shall set you free.

I love lesbian weddings!

Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100) Grimbeard is not very well liked. (-100)
    Mythology is Mythology.

Hedphelym is not very helpful. (-500) Hedphelym is not very helpful. (-500) Hedphelym is not very helpful. (-500) Hedphelym is not very helpful. (-500) Hedphelym is not very helpful. (-500) Hedphelym is not very helpful. (-500) Hedphelym is not very helpful. (-500) Hedphelym is not very helpful. (-500) Hedphelym is not very helpful. (-500) Hedphelym is not very helpful. (-500) Hedphelym is not very helpful. (-500)
    well said OP.

Average Joes DodgeBaller wide lats's Avatar
    wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You ever been too a scientology church? I have, its creepy, like a library.

guy4321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What will be of religion in 20 years Science is proving more and more each day not to step on anybody's beliefs though i think religion is a good way to keep people and line and plus people want something to believe in ..i believe something but not that a man created all this i mean lets be real..that would mean he's responsible for Rosie o'donnell Richard Simmons O.J. Paris Hilton
    Last edited by guy4321; 05-31-2009 at 06:32 AM. Reason: mispelled

cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000) cphustla is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i dont pay 1million for a "bible" even though i haven't been to church in a year, and im Lutheran.
    zombie survival Charlie squad
    Rip Hector_Blunts-Candyjunkie
    Short lived long remembered!
    "Because society has pushed them into corners, forcing them to believe they are losers When in fact everyone has so much potential to achieve such magic and wonder, but as I alluded it to they are continually told they cant do it/they'll fail, so they start believing it The truth is: there's no such thing as a "loser" its just a label to make people feel bad"
    Nvious

wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wide lats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by guy4321 View Post
    What will be of religion in 20 years Science is proving more and more each day not to step on anybody's beliefs though i think religion is a good way to keep people and line and plus people want something to believe in ..i believe something but not that a man created all this i mean lets be real..that would mean he's responsible for Rosie o'donnell Richard Simmons O.J. Paris Hilton
    Religion is hard wired into every human being on Earth, always has been, whether God is a animal spirit or spirit in the sky.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/brain-religion.htm

Location: From Anywhere He Darn Well Pleases, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Religion is drummed into every child via the education system & taught as factual, as opposed to Little Red Riding Hood which they teach is a made up story- both of them are equally untrue though.
    AP5 Crew

ghengisconor is just really nice. (+1000) ghengisconor is just really nice. (+1000) ghengisconor is just really nice. (+1000) ghengisconor is just really nice. (+1000) ghengisconor is just really nice. (+1000) ghengisconor is just really nice. (+1000) ghengisconor is just really nice. (+1000) ghengisconor is just really nice. (+1000) ghengisconor is just really nice. (+1000) ghengisconor is just really nice. (+1000) ghengisconor is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a $cientology center down the street from me here in philly. i've always wanted to walk in and get an e-reading. My thoughts are that I could fool the test and they'll think i'm the second coming of L.Ron. (But then, maybe I watch too much south park?)

Originally Posted by ghengisconor View Post
    I have a $cientology center down the street from me here in philly. i've always wanted to walk in and get an e-reading. My thoughts are that I could fool the test and they'll think i'm the second coming of L.Ron. (But then, maybe I watch too much south park?)
    Memorise all star trek scrips and maybe they think you are Xenu.

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i agree with the OP 100%!
    they are all human invented cults...based on deception and preying on peoples gullibiltiy.

christianity and islam differ from scientology only in age and popularity.
    "As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24

ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by The_Reaper View Post
    It's just that we're so saturated and imbricated and emotionally invested in these old religions that we fail to step outside the box and see them for the ridiculous cults that they are.

It's disturbing and telling how easily people can be brainwashed - Scientologists, for example. It just shows how the human mind, when it comes to religion, is prone to delusion so so easily.

Most Christians and Muslims are doomed to wander blindly, unaware that they're brainwashed in a cult, oblivious to the fact that Scientology is no more absurd than their own cherished comforting delusions. A fish doesn't know it's wet. A deluded person doesn't know he's deluded. A person in a cult doesn't know he's in a cult.

Very sad.
    Reaper your post is sheer genius - NOT! and already discussed in 'Wikipedia Bans Scientology' thread, guess you thought you would pretend to be an Intellectual for a day and start a thread on Scientology after reading the afore mentioned one. I know Go Figure!

But anyway, the difference with Scientology is :

* it was created solely to make money
    * by a Science Fiction writer hence the Sci Fi beliefs
    * the founder was a 100% proven lying, cheating, charlatan who lied non stop about his personal history.
    * It uses Mind Control techniques - Psychological, Hypnosis, etc. It uses Hypnosis covertly! - Scientologists are actually against Hypnosis (not realising it is used in Scientology often).
    * It puts emotional pressure on followers to do what they want.
    * It punishes followers that step out of line 'ethics violations'
    * It charges ridiculously high amounts of money for courses, NO other religion or self help movement charges as much.
    * It has numerous ploys and tricks to keep you in it - you leave you get cut off completely from relatives still in it / you leave you are legally liable for ALL the money you paid for courses - as a member you get huge discounts, you leave you owe the full prices and they can bankrupt you.
    * It's 'Tech' is complete BS - outside Scientology not a single thing they do has been Independently verified to work. It's programs for Drugs, etc 'Narconon' again completely unproven, all data comes from Scientology.

Comparing Scientology to major Religions, etc is RIDICULOUS, but typical very TURD-ITIONAL type arguements you hear - they're all the same cults, etc.

*You are Brainwashed to liking the music you like from the influences around you and peer pressure growing up, from the advertising & marketing of record companies.
    *You are Brainwashed to believe you must go out get a job, work al your life, retire, then die.
    *You are Brainwashed into believing your morality or general morality in the World is right - INCIDENTALLY the general morality is hugely influenced by religion e.g. Christianity in USA. *You like most probably do not believe any of the 10 Commandments are Wrong - Thou Shall Not Kill, etc.
    *You are Brainwashed into believing it is morally right to have only one wife or companion, not sleep around, not be gay or bi, not sleep with animals or children. INCIDENTALLY what a coincidence morality from religion again!!!!
    *You are Brainwashed in the Western Cult of Materialism - life is one long struggle to get more money - a better home, a better car, a better job, etc.
    * You are Brainwashed into making very juvenille school kid type points and thinking you are saying anything of consequence or meaning.

Moral of the Story - take a good hard look at yourself, before you start saying others are Brainwashed! And don't bring out the TURD-ITIONAL arguements & viewpoints on people in religion being Brainwashed when you yourself accept and believe in the morality & most or all of the 10 Commandments from Christianity!

ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100) ShaolinSoccer is not very well liked. (-100)
    CHECK MY PREVIOUS POST!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0LOBBXfAZ8 Listen to lyrics, great song too! (click 'more info' for lyrics).

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ShaolinSoccer View Post

o

And Christianity was created by a Fantasy writer.

* the founder was a 100% proven lying, cheating, charlatan who lied non stop about his personal history.
    And the bible has also been nearly 100% proven wrong. u mad? Not all major religious leaders are charlatans, but you can sure as hell bet that a lot of them are.

* It uses Mind Control techniques - Psychological, Hypnosis, etc. It uses Hypnosis covertly! - Scientologists are actually against Hypnosis (not realising it is used in Scientology often).
    The major monotheistic religions use mind control techniques too, just not hypnosis. They control you through fear and indoctrination.

So does every religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell

* It charges ridiculously high amounts of money for courses, NO other religion or self help movement charges as much.
    That may be true but that has nothing to do with its credibility. This thread is about how Scientology is just as ridiculously false as Christianity, Islam, etc, not about how much money they charge.

* It has numerous ploys and tricks to keep you in it - you leave you get cut off completely from relatives still in it / you leave you are legally liable for ALL the money you paid for courses - as a member you get huge discounts, you leave you owe the full prices and they can bankrupt you.
    Again, the money aspect is irrelevant, but many people are alienated by Christian relatives if they reveal themselves as atheists (or even worse, gay).

* It's 'Tech' is complete BS - outside Scientology not a single thing they do has been Independently verified to work. It's programs for Drugs, etc 'Narconon' again completely unproven, all data comes from Scientology.
    The Bible's 'Science' is complete BS - outside of Christianity not a single thing they say has been Independently verified to be true.

Comparing Scientology to major Religions, etc is RIDICULOUS, but typical very TURD-ITIONAL type arguements you hear - they're all the same cults, etc.
    It's not ridiculous at all. I could make up a religion right now and obviously I would know it would be false, but it would still have EXACTLY as much credibility as Christianity or Islam (absolutely none).

*You are Brainwashed to liking the music you like from the influences around you and peer pressure growing up, from the advertising & marketing of record companies.
    rofl

*You are Brainwashed to believe you must go out get a job, work al your life, retire, then die.
    This is the only good point you made in your entire post.

*You are Brainwashed into believing your morality or general morality in the World is right - INCIDENTALLY the general morality is hugely influenced by religion e.g. Christianity in USA.
    Well, no, morality does not come from religion. And obviously I don't think my morals are the same as everyone else's. To do so is arrogant. I DO NOT believe that everyone should believe the same as I do.

*You like most probably do not believe any of the 10 Commandments are Wrong - Thou Shall Not Kill, etc.
    To be honest I don't even know all of the Ten Commandments so I can't answer that.

*You are Brainwashed into believing it is morally right to have only one wife or companion, not sleep around, not be gay or bi, not sleep with animals or children. INCIDENTALLY what a coincidence morality from religion again!!!!
    I'm not really for polygamy, but I have nothing against polyamory, and since I am not a bigot I do not think it is "morally wrong" to be gay or bi.

And as for sleeping with children, well... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha

Moral of the Story - take a good hard look at yourself, before you start saying others are Brainwashed! And don't bring out the TURD-ITIONAL arguements & viewpoints on people in religion being Brainwashed when you yourself accept and believe in the morality & most or all of the 10 Commandments from Christianity!
    Our morality does not come from religion. You pointed out obvious things like murder that most people would be against simply out of empathy. But what you don't mention are the other absurd "morals" that come from the bible, like maybe SLAVERY. And oh yeah, the same verse that says that being gay is an abomination says the exact same thing about eating shellfish.

The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000) The_Reaper is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Reaper your post is sheer genius - NOT! and already discussed in 'Wikipedia Bans Scientology' thread, guess you thought you would pretend to be an Intellectual for a day and start a thread on Scientology after reading the afore mentioned one. I know Go Figure!

*You are Brainwashed into believing your morality or general morality in the World is right - INCIDENTALLY the general morality is hugely influenced by religion e.g. Christianity in USA. *You like most probably do not believe any of the 10 Commandments are Wrong - Thou Shall Not Kill, etc.
    *You are Brainwashed in the Western Cult of Materialism - life is one long struggle to get more money - a better home, a better car, a better job, etc.
    * You are Brainwashed into making very juvenille school kid type points and thinking you are saying anything of consequence or meaning.

Lol. I love when some tard proves my point without realising it.

jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jimbob007 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    [QUOTE=ShaolinSoccer;337223381]

* it was created solely to make money-

Also to have power over others, both of these apply to all religions.

Just like all religious leaders then.

What religion does not use mind control techniques? They all brainwash their followers into following total nonsense, so they are unable to think rationally for themselves.

You are saying mainstream religion does not do this?

Why would any religious group 'doing the work of God' charge people anything at all?

* It has numerous ploys and tricks to keep you in it - you leave you get cut off completely from relatives still in it

If you are bought up in a deeply religious family & you decide to leave this is usually the case as well.

Not a thing the church does has been proven to work either, nobody can prove saying a prayer to a being that cannot be proven to exist makes a jot of difference.

The basic premise is the same- indoctrinate them in something that can never be proven does or does not exist, usually the younger you can brainwash them the better.

Nope, personally I have my own tastes- I know know of no people or record companies who tried to push Captain Beefheart & Devo on me for instance, if you have your own viewpoints & do not choose to be a sheep who does the same as everybody else, like going to Church & praying to imaginary beings, then you tend to see the bigger picture in everything & make your own decisions.

Not really, it is a simple matter of economics- bills have to be paid- sadly however much you pray to God he does not pay them for you, or put food on the table.

*You are Brainwashed into believing your morality or general morality in the World is right - INCIDENTALLY the general morality is hugely influenced by religion e.g. Christianity in USA.

Morality is more to do with your upbringing, if your parents teach you manners & what is right & wrong from a young age it helps a lot.

Nope, it has zero to do with religion & just your upbringing & your moral compass, the only ones brainwashing on the gay/bi issue is the Church which is the only employer still allowed to discriminate on the grounds of sexuality, race or gender because they are a bigoted old boys network that use religion & the fact it is somehow above questioning as a way to avoid laws.

Nope many people are happy getting by, it is only the sheep who feel they have to be better than the people next door.

You sure you are not describing youself there?

You seem to have an obsession with farting & fecal matter- is this because you swallow all the crap from the good book?
    Last edited by jimbob007; 05-31-2009 at 08:15 AM.
    AP5 Crew

9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone can come up with their own metaphysical system and it would be on the same level as any other religion. If you accept the possibility of a Christian God, then you also have to accept the possibility of the Homeric Gods, Norse Gods, ad infinitum.

_TG_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _TG_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _TG_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _TG_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _TG_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _TG_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _TG_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _TG_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _TG_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _TG_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _TG_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Talking

Originally Posted by jackfast1 View Post
    i agree with the OP 100%!
    they are all human invented cults...based on deception and preying on peoples gullibiltiy.

christianity and islam differ from scientology only in age and popularity.
    pwnd

Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000) Arbex is just really nice. (+1000)
    In before religious people.

balls2wall is a name known to all. (+5000) balls2wall is a name known to all. (+5000) balls2wall is a name known to all. (+5000) balls2wall is a name known to all. (+5000) balls2wall is a name known to all. (+5000) balls2wall is a name known to all. (+5000) balls2wall is a name known to all. (+5000) balls2wall is a name known to all. (+5000) balls2wall is a name known to all. (+5000) balls2wall is a name known to all. (+5000) balls2wall is a name known to all. (+5000)

atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250) atticus_a has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think they are bit more ridiculous because they have don't believe in pharmocological treatment of mental disorders. Most Christians and Islamic people I know do. As mythologies go, I like the scientologists though. Come on Xenu.

Lol. I just love when some TURD proves my point without realising it - Evolution of the human species is a slow process, in fact some seem to have evovled very little, as lacking in Intellect they copy other peoples threads and decide to try look interesting starting their own on Scientology (The Reaper would never in a million years have started a thread on Scientology without seeing the very recent 'Wikipedia Bans Scientology' thread). Worse, again severly lacking in Intellect they avoid any points raised.

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lol. I just love when some TURD proves my point without realising it - Evolution of the human species is a slow process, in fact some seem to have evovled very little, as lacking in Intellect they copy other peoples threads and decide to try look interesting starting their own on Scientology (The Reaper would never in a million years have started a thread on Scientology without seeing the very recent 'Wikipedia Bans Scientology' thread). Worse, again severly lacking in Intellect they avoid any points raised.
    I addressed all of your points.

st_jimmy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) st_jimmy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) st_jimmy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) st_jimmy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) st_jimmy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) st_jimmy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) st_jimmy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) st_jimmy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) st_jimmy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) st_jimmy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) st_jimmy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A couple things make it more ridiculous imo:

1. No ambiguity of origins. Written by a science fiction writer and unsurprisingly contains a large amount of science fiction. Most other religious texts were written so long ago you dont know much about who wrote them.

2. They charge ****loads to be in their church.

3. No room for different interpretations that can present a more plausible version the more times you look at it. This stuff is nuts, no way around it.

[QUOTE=jimbob007;337232671]

* it was created solely to make money-

Also to have power over others, both of these apply to all religions.

Just like all religious leaders then.

What religion does not use mind control techniques? They all brainwash their followers into following total nonsense, so they are unable to think rationally for themselves.

You are saying mainstream religion does not do this?

Why would any religious group 'doing the work of God' charge people anything at all?

* It has numerous ploys and tricks to keep you in it - you leave you get cut off completely from relatives still in it

If you are bought up in a deeply religious family & you decide to leave this is usually the case as well.

Not a thing the church does has been proven to work either, nobody can prove saying a prayer to a being that cannot be proven to exist makes a jot of difference.

The basic premise is the same- indoctrinate them in something that can never be proven does or does not exist, usually the younger you can brainwash them the better.

Nope, personally I have my own tastes- I know know of no people or record companies who tried to push Captain Beefheart & Devo on me for instance, if you have your own viewpoints & do not choose to be a sheep who does the same as everybody else, like going to Church & praying to imaginary beings, then you tend to see the bigger picture in everything & make your own decisions.

Not really, it is a simple matter of economics- bills have to be paid- sadly however much you pray to God he does not pay them for you, or put food on the table.

Morality is more to do with your upbringing, if your parents teach you manners & what is right & wrong from a young age it helps a lot.

Nope, it has zero to do with religion & just your upbringing & your moral compass, the only ones brainwashing on the gay/bi issue is the Church which is the only employer still allowed to discriminate on the grounds of sexuality, race or gender because they are a bigoted old boys network that use religion & the fact it is somehow above questioning as a way to avoid laws.

Nope many people are happy getting by, it is only the sheep who feel they have to be better than the people next door.

You sure you are not describing youself there?

You seem to have an obsession with farting & fecal matter- is this because you swallow all the crap from the good book?
    With a profile picture of a very gay looking masked wrestler you assume rightly or wrongly this persons not remotely serious and jus trying to wind people up.

Jim Bob, is a complete IGNORAMUS he has NEVER EVER read even a single major religious text in full e.g. The Bible, yet very mysteriously he is an expert on what is right or wrong with it or why he thinks it is load of rubbish. Is he psychic who knows?

He is not as they say the sharpest tool in the box, hence the very immature schoolkid type points raised (and he is an adult believe it or not).

It was created to make money & you put - applies to all religions. There are many and religious institutions that do not charge at all, you can contribute of you like but are not obligated to - Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. Again likening a global money making racket to major religions shows your complete Ignorance, N.B. SCIENTOLOGY BECAME A 'RELIGION' ONLY TO GET TAX EXEMPT STATUS & MAKE MORE MONEY! That is Fact, otherwise it would have just remained a Therapy/Self Help movement.

He was lying cheating conman - you put like all religious leaders then, shows what a complete Bigot you are (you sure you don't go out with white pointy hood on at night and burn crosses?), not true at all & pathetic to say otherwise. Sure there are people out to make money in religion & corruption within it, but to say all in it are is ill informed bigoted nonsense. As is saying they are al liars, cheaters, conmen, etc - many are very honest , sincere, good people and religion guides their life and makes them want to be a better person.

Uses Mind Control techniques - again your Ignorance shows badly. Using Psychology, Hypnosis & Brainwashing is NOT done by most religions, people are free to choose or accept them, leave or stay. Huge difference! The Mind Control techniques in Scientology are design to suck you in to keep paying money and never ever leave, they have been very carefully designed! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqNFYJiGEjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q07GbeEh0A (watch all parts!).

Such techniques of Mind Control are NOT employed by most religions, you contact or visit a Scientology org. they start using them on you right away to suck you in, the moment you walk in the door!

And tell me please how do you explain this (watch it all, play with good volume) :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXod1JglqdU bet you cannot do it?

Ah Hero,

Well, no, morality does not come from religion. And obviously I don't think my morals are the same as everyone else's. To do so is arrogant. I DO NOT believe that everyone should believe the same as I do.

Actually it does really, many not all of the founding fathers of America were religious, even today the religious right in America are big influential part of politics. America's legal & general morality definitely 100% came from religion particuarly Christianity. You think it is coincidence nearly all taught by Christianity before America was even founded, is believed and accepted and the legal norm in America on morality? Of course, morality is largely affected by religions that have been around and guided people for thousands of years, incl. many of them leaders and political figures how could it possibly not be. Many things accepted as right or wrong by people in say America - sex with children or animals, sleeping around if married, getting married, stealing, killing, etc - if no religion EVER existed people would be born or the human race would have grown to believe they were right or wrong and come to the same viewpoint as e.g. American govt. today? Of course not.

Check this play with good volume :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXod1JglqdU (watch it all)

I see you are sticking to the Churches homophobic doctrine & picking on the gay community again, how is it the church is against gays- yet cover up the abuse of gay child molestors they employ though?

Why would I need to read the whole of it? I have seen enough of it in my many years of schooling to see exactly what it is- something telling people how to live with made up scenarios as examples.

Charges

Please pay reception in the main office when you arrive. Cheques should be made payable to 'Nagarjuna Buddhist Centre'.
    Visiting us

Charges per person for visits to the centre are as follows:

* Pre school - 75p
    * Primary school - ?1
    * Secondary school - ?1.25
    * Special school - ?1
    * University - ?2
    * Adults - ?2

We do not have the KKK over here, funny that most of the KKK members seem to have been Bible bashing religious zealots, who have an insane & illogical hatred of other races is it not? But when you consider the church still discriminates against blacks in 2009, it is not really that much of a shock is it?

I am sure there are some sincere religious people, sadly they like those they preach to have also allowed themselves to be deluded into believing fairy tales as factual events.

All religions use brainwashing, some kids stand no chance- they are born to religious fanatics who drum it into them from the minute they can absorb information, then they are sent to a school where it is further reinforced as fact.

How do I explain what? Your intrest in all things associated with the bodily functions of the anus? Or why such garbage is on tv, still at least all we get religious wise is Songs Of Praise- rather than the endless drivel of religious shows spewed out of the Bible belt.

[QUOTE=ShaolinSoccer;337297231]
    Originally Posted by jimbob007 View Post

With a profile picture of a very gay looking masked wrestler you assume rightly or wrongly this persons not remotely serious and jus trying to wind people up.

Jim Bob, is a complete IGNORAMUS he has NEVER EVER read even a single major religious text in full e.g. The Bible, yet very mysteriously he is an expert on what is right or wrong with it or why he thinks it is load of rubbish. Is he psychic who knows?

He is not as they say the sharpest tool in the box, hence the very immature schoolkid type points raised (and he is an adult believe it or not).

It was created to make money & you put - applies to all religions. There are many and religious institutions that do not charge at all, you can contribute of you like but are not obligated to - Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. Again likening a global money making racket to major religions shows your complete Ignorance, N.B. SCIENTOLOGY BECAME A 'RELIGION' ONLY TO GET TAX EXEMPT STATUS & MAKE MORE MONEY! That is Fact, otherwise it would have just remained a Therapy/Self Help movement.

He was lying cheating conman - you put like all religious leaders then, shows what a complete Bigot you are (you sure you don't go out with white pointy hood on at night and burn crosses?), not true at all & pathetic to say otherwise. Sure there are people out to make money in religion & corruption within it, but to say all in it are is ill informed bigoted nonsense. As is saying they are al liars, cheaters, conmen, etc - many are very honest , sincere, good people and religion guides their life and makes them want to be a better person.

Uses Mind Control techniques - again your Ignorance shows badly. Using Psychology, Hypnosis & Brainwashing is NOT done by most religions, people are free to choose or accept them, leave or stay. Huge difference! The Mind Control techniques in Scientology are design to suck you in to keep paying money and never ever leave, they have been very carefully designed! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqNFYJiGEjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q07GbeEh0A (watch all parts!).

Such techniques of Mind Control are NOT employed by most religions, you contact or visit a Scientology org. they start using them on you right away to suck you in, the moment you walk in the door!

And tell me please how do you explain this (watch it all, play with good volume) :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXod1JglqdU bet you cannot do it?
    Last edited by jimbob007; 05-31-2009 at 03:00 PM.
    AP5 Crew

Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by An hero View Post
    o

And Christianity was created by a Fantasy writer.

And the bible has also been nearly 100% proven wrong. u mad? Not all major religious leaders are charlatans, but you can sure as hell bet that a lot of them are.

The major monotheistic religions use mind control techniques too, just not hypnosis. They control you through fear and indoctrination.

So does every religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell

That may be true but that has nothing to do with its credibility. This thread is about how Scientology is just as ridiculously false as Christianity, Islam, etc, not about how much money they charge.

Again, the money aspect is irrelevant, but many people are alienated by Christian relatives if they reveal themselves as atheists (or even worse, gay).

The Bible's 'Science' is complete BS - outside of Christianity not a single thing they say has been Independently verified to be true.

It's not ridiculous at all. I could make up a religion right now and obviously I would know it would be false, but it would still have EXACTLY as much credibility as Christianity or Islam (absolutely none).

rofl

This is the only good point you made in your entire post.

To be honest I don't even know all of the Ten Commandments so I can't answer that.

I'm not really for polygamy, but I have nothing against polyamory, and since I am not a bigot I do not think it is "morally wrong" to be gay or bi.

And as for sleeping with children, well... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha

Our morality does not come from religion. You pointed out obvious things like murder that most people would be against simply out of empathy. But what you don't mention are the other absurd "morals" that come from the bible, like maybe SLAVERY. And oh yeah, the same verse that says that being gay is an abomination says the exact same thing about eating shellfish.
    I was going to tear his post apart but you saved me a lot of time. Repped.
    I want to touch the butt.