Ceerex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My arms wont get bigger :o why?

Hey guys , found these forums a while ago while looking to gain weight as Im not happy with my appearance. I am following a program thanks to you guys and have seen weight gains , but not in the right places and wanted some advice. First, a little about myself:

im 24, 6"1" , and when I started weight training a month ago I was 159.8 lbs with 16.1 % body fat. 13" pipe cleaner biceps

Now, a month later, im 170.4 pounds, with 20.1% body fat. still 13" pipe cleaner biceps lol.

Basically I am doing a 5x5 Program ( http://stronglifts.com/blog/ ) 3x a week, and eating 6 meals a day, although there is no real structure to the meals I make sure I get a lot of protein in each one ( at least 20-30g) and I drink a protein shake right before bed and a MRP right after my workouts and sometime during the day on non workout days.

From the looks of things though, all I seem to be gaining is body fat , and my arms arent getting any bigger at all, which is the main thing I want to get bigger.

So a few questions :

1) Should I stick with the program for a longer period of time and see if my body properly proportions itself , as right now I look way out of proportion. If so, how long?

2) Should I go for more of a bulking weight program to help my arms get bigger? If so, can someone recommend a good one?

3) Should I be doing any cardio to help with my body fat being so high?

4) What should I do about my diet? I eat as much as possible at least every 3 hours, but I work from 4-11 pm every day and cant do much in between there besides maybe buy a footlong sub at subway as I cant bring food with me to work heh.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you need any more information out of me please let me know . I really want to see some changes in my arm size before summer and am counting on you guys thanks!

juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ceerex View Post
    Hey guys , found these forums a while ago while looking to gain weight as Im not happy with my appearance. I am following a program thanks to you guys and have seen weight gains , but not in the right places and wanted some advice. First, a little about myself:

im 24, 6"1" , and when I started weight training a month ago I was 159.8 lbs with 16.1 % body fat. 13" pipe cleaner biceps

Now, a month later, im 170.4 pounds, with 20.1% body fat. still 13" pipe cleaner biceps lol.

Basically I am doing a 5x5 Program ( http://stronglifts.com/blog/ ) 3x a week, and eating 6 meals a day, although there is no real structure to the meals I make sure I get a lot of protein in each one ( at least 20-30g) and I drink a protein shake right before bed and a MRP right after my workouts and sometime during the day on non workout days.

From the looks of things though, all I seem to be gaining is body fat , and my arms arent getting any bigger at all, which is the main thing I want to get bigger.

So a few questions :

1) Should I stick with the program for a longer period of time and see if my body properly proportions itself , as right now I look way out of proportion. If so, how long?

2) Should I go for more of a bulking weight program to help my arms get bigger? If so, can someone recommend a good one?

3) Should I be doing any cardio to help with my body fat being so high?

4) What should I do about my diet? I eat as much as possible at least every 3 hours, but I work from 4-11 pm every day and cant do much in between there besides maybe buy a footlong sub at subway as I cant bring food with me to work heh.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you need any more information out of me please let me know . I really want to see some changes in my arm size before summer and am counting on you guys thanks!
    I would do low impact cardio 6 days a week for 30-40 minutes. This will help with getting rid of fat. By low impact I mean walking at an incline. Even during a bulk it is beneficial to do cardio. Throw in some direct arm work for 3 or 4 sets at the end of your weight training, its not going to hurt you.

SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You should not be bulking @ 20% BF. You need to do a cut down to around 15% BF or less.

If you bulked correctly and you cut correctly, you probably don't have too much fat on your arms... its probably more along the gut / love handles / lower back. IF thats the case, you'll keep most of your arm size (again, assuming you bulked and cut properly).

Why would a program that doesn't have any direct arm work give you "teh gunz"? It won't. You should stick with that program, but add 1 or 2 direct arm iso exercises.

Yes, you need to get your BF% down, 20% is too high to bulk.

You won't get "teh gunz" by summer.

Bad news for you tall people... you may be tall, but you take a lot longer to fill out .

How many calories do you eat per day? How much protein?

SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by juve07 View Post
    I would do low impact cardio 6 days a week for 30-40 minutes. This will help with getting rid of fat. By low impact I mean walking at an incline. Even during a bulk it is beneficial to do cardio. Throw in some direct arm work for 3 or 4 sets at the end of your weight training, its not going to hurt you.
    HIIT and a clean diet is (2nd) best for BF% reduction. Low impact cardio isn't too helpful for people wanting large BF% drops.

Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What exercises are you doing targeting your biceps and triceps?
    5 reps is more for strength, 6-10 reps is for size (I'd do 8).

juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juve07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SledgeHammer01 View Post
    HIIT and a clean diet is (2nd) best for BF% reduction. Low impact cardio isn't too helpful for people wanting large BF% drops.

I will agree you can drop some weight quickly with HIIT but I think it will hurt your strength gains. Thats why I would walk on an incline, but I guess it depends whats more important to the poster. I 2nd you on the clean diet.