I have a few questions regarding muscle tissue repair and nutrition following a workout. Yes, I've read Alan Aragons stuff (it's great), but want your opinions as well.
1) How long does it generally take for muscles to repair themselves from the 'microtears' they develop during weight training?
2) If muscles take 24 hours or longer to repair, should I still be eating lots of protein the next day?
3) Is the 1 hour 'window of opportunity' really that important to maximise muscle repair and growth?
4) Should I mix my post-workout shake with water or milk? I have read that milk slows the digestion rate. So I usually go with water, whey and dextrose or a banana.
5) Does about 50grams protein and 50 grams carbs in my post-workout shake sound about right?
6) How soon after my post-workout shake should I have a meal?