Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

oats vs Dextrose

I know both are very different but wich is the best to use post workout I'm using dextrose but I don't if it will be better if I take oats after all the article I red . I just want your advice
    If you have a spare called Determination an engine called Perseverance, Insurance called faith a driver called Jesus you will make it to a place called succes

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Vincy13 View Post
    I know both are very different but wich is the best to use post workout I'm using dextrose but I don't if it will be better if I take oats after all the article I red . I just want your advice
    Dextrose is better.

Oats are fine - just have a fast acting carb with them as well.

In the end, Dextrose wins.
    ^_^

titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titdoctor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dextrose gives me blood sugar crashes/bloating. Maltodextrin works alot better for me.

Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vincy13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by fitlover View Post
    Dextrose is better.

Oats are fine - just have a fast acting carb with them as well.

In the end, Dextrose wins.
    Ok so you think it's better to use HGI carbs post workout
    If you have a spare called Determination an engine called Perseverance, Insurance called faith a driver called Jesus you will make it to a place called succes

xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just me, but I usually have a mixture of the two PWO.
    I'm just a man.

phil87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phil87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phil87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phil87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phil87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phil87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phil87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phil87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phil87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phil87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phil87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Simple carbs like white bread is better than brown bread because its fast acting. Dextrose is the fastest absorbing carbohydrate therefore its prefered post workout.

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Absolutely. The faster acting the carb, the better. Dextrose is perfect for this.

You could also mix dextrose with your oats, if you want. Or have a maltodextrin/dextrose mix. Whatever you prefer - just make sure to have some fast acting carbs PWO.
    ^_^

Absolutely. The faster acting the carb, the better. Dextrose is perfect for this.

You could also mix dextrose with your oats, if you want. Or have a maltodextrin/dextrose mix. Whatever you prefer - just make sure to have some fast acting carbs PWO.
    Instead of dextrose I have Gatorade powder but I think it's the same thing

rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can smell Alan Aragon coming on this thread to blast it...
    My Male Transformation of the Week - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/brett_fitzgerald.htm

"Following the nutrition advice of a pro bodybuilder because they are jacked is like following sex advice from a ****phile rapist because they get laid a lot." - NDame616

Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
    lol, me i just want information and I want to know what will be the best for me

Instead of dextrose I have Gatorade powder but I think it's the same thing
    That's fine too.

What Alan Aragon says isn't necessarily law.

...........OMG!! GASP!!! HORROR!!! Strike me down with lightning, I'm such a sinner.
    ^_^

So if I conclude the best way is to mix slow digesting and fast digesting carbs

rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What Alan Aragon says isn't necessarily law.

...........OMG!! GASP!!! HORROR!!! Strike me down with lightning, I'm such a sinner.
    LOL, I'm with that too, he told me to get out of the 90s a half a year ago. Guess I like it there, long live 2Pac

Besides, my trainer and him know each other, I asked him about that and he says Alan's research is solid, but they still differ on that opinion. I still go with 75g dextrose & 25g whey immediately postworkout. I gained 10 pounds of muscle this year so I'm doing something right!
    My Male Transformation of the Week - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/brett_fitzgerald.htm

"Following the nutrition advice of a pro bodybuilder because they are jacked is like following sex advice from a ****phile rapist because they get laid a lot." - NDame616

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This thread is TOTALLY full of fail.

The idiot train once again has blown through the forum

OATS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dextrose.

Now who wants to get into a non-brotastic scientific discussion and get their ass handed to them??? Back up your brologic NOW.

Told you, it was only a matter of time.

LOL, I'm with that too, he told me to get out of the 90s a half a year ago. Guess I like it there, long live 2Pac

Besides, my trainer and him know each other, I asked him about that and he says Alan's research is solid, but they still differ on that opinion. I still go with 75g dextrose & 25g whey immediately postworkout. I gained 10 pounds of muscle this year so I'm doing something right!
    Where did you get your Dextrose (except on BB.com cause it will take to long for having it I live at Qc)

Where did you get your Dextrose (except on BB.com cause it will take to long for having it I live at Qc)
    lol, sorry, got it at bb.com

If you know a place where you can get NOW products, they make a 15 pound bag. Also, you can go to a brewery and get it.

lol, sorry, got it at bb.com

If you know a place where you can get NOW products, they make a 15 pound bag. Also, you can go to a brewery and get it.
    ok thanks

rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    indeed mr red, indeed

Originally Posted by rhizome View Post
    This thread is TOTALLY full of fail.

The idiot train once again has blown through the forum

OATS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dextrose.

Now who wants to get into a non-brotastic scientific discussion and get their ass handed to them??? Back up your brologic NOW.
    Lol. Calm down.
    ^_^

Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lol. Calm down.
    So why is dextrose better?
    ENCLAVE
    Fitness & Nutrition
    CISSN
    CSCS
    CF-L1

Cyclist, Sprinter, Foodie.

deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Holyspokes View Post
    cus musclemag says so

Originally Posted by deadforaminute View Post
    cus musclemag says so
    lol

Faster-acting carb.

Oats are slow-digesting.
    ^_^

Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Faster-acting carb.

Oats are slow-digesting.
    Okay, but why does that matter really?
    ENCLAVE
    Fitness & Nutrition
    CISSN
    CSCS
    CF-L1

Cyclist, Sprinter, Foodie.

Okay, but why does that matter really?
    Simple carbs restore your muscle glycogen faster than complex carbs do. Once your glycogen storage has been depleted from exercise, it's important to help your muscles recovery as soon as possible from the glycogen lost through your expenditure.

Don't tell me you don't already know this.
    ^_^

Now made w/ real sarcasm! WheyAddict's Avatar
    WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WheyAddict has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I never understood using dextrose PWO when you can have a huge bowl of fruity pebbles or waffle crisp instead.
    Back from my second rotator cuff injury... back to bulkng, trying to gain 8lbs over the next 8 weeks...

3/29/10... start bulk 161lbs @9%bf

Originally Posted by WheyAddict View Post
    I never understood using dextrose PWO when you can have a huge bowl of fruity pebbles or waffle crisp instead.
    LOL, well, I'm all for that, but you carry that to the gym?

the Hsp70 of BB.com TheWaffleIron's Avatar
    TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheWaffleIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Simple carbs restore your muscle glycogen faster than complex carbs do. Once your glycogen storage has been depleted from exercise, it's important to help your muscles recovery as soon as possible from the glycogen lost through your expenditure.

Don't tell me you don't already know this.
    No. A 1 - 2 hour weight training workout, in a fed state, is not going to deplete tissue glycogen levels.

Unless the trainee is working to complete glycogen depletion (which would require hours of continuous endurance training in fed state), there is no need for "fast-digesting" carbohydrates.
    Nutrition and Supp Science FAQ:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139153843&p=849049173&viewfull=1#post849049173

Originally Posted by WheyAddict View Post
    Lol. Well whatever floats your boat.

Personally, I don't like having JUST dextrose PWO either. I usually have it with some oats or a banana as well. Otherwise I'm not getting much when it comes to nutrients.

And fruity pebbles and waffle crisp are friggen nasty anyway!
    ^_^