Team Boss Barbell Club Rsardinia's Avatar
    Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Shoulder pain after front squats

Well I injured my left shoulder a while back doing military press. I tried to go all the way down to get the full ROM but I did so with too much weight at first rather than going light and gradually working up. So after that injury I made sure to warm up my rotator cuffs (sp?) before doing shoulders or chest and the pain went away.

Then I started doing front squats. By holding the weight across my delts and upper chest I started feeling shoulder pain in the same spot (rotator cuff) on the same arm that hadn't reared its head since the military press injury. If I don't do front squats for a week or 2 the shoulder feels fine again. But after I do them it hurts all week, mostly when I raise my arm into the position where I hold the weight. So something about the position I hold my arms up for the front squat causes my shoulder to hurt.

Is there a way to fix this problem with exercises/stretches? I was thinking maybe I should just do some rotator cuff strengthening exercises and this would fix the problem but maybe there's something else to do? Any advice would be appreciated.

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    I can't tell cause you didn't say which shoulder articulations hurt (if you don't know what the shoulder articulations are look at this -- http://www.exrx.net/Articulations/Shoulder.html )

Nor is there any specific location for the pain... pics would be great.

If I had to take a wild guess I'd say impingement. But don't go off googling it cause it could be something else entirely since there's too little info to tell anything.

And of course... this is the internet ... and I am not a medical professional... so I may be wrong too. But I can give a better educated guess with more info.