Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1431
    authentica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

beginners routine

Hi there, I want lose my fat and get a lean body. I am not very experienced in body building can anyone suggest me a routine where i can get cut without getting huge. I don't want to get bigger just get cut muscles. I have been doing workout for one month and am not following any specific routine, randomly doing. Do you guys think i should get any supplements at the beginning stage. If so, i heard about pre workout supplement named "Jacked" and post supplement "100% whey gold standard". Do you guys think i should get that? Please suggest a routine that suit me. I also post my pic so that it would be easy for you guys to suggest me a perfect routine. Thanks in advance..
    Attached Images

PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Is there any room to add any exercised to the "favorite that hits each muscle twice a week routine"?

PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PGSPCB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by PGSPCB View Post
    Is there any room to add any exercised to the "favorite that hits each muscle twice a week routine"?
    anybody?

jocksox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PGSPCB View Post
    anybody?
    Easy answer is yes. Depending on what you want to add. Get your meals in and 48 hour rest min.

CantLoseFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantLoseFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantLoseFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantLoseFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantLoseFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantLoseFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantLoseFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantLoseFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantLoseFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantLoseFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) CantLoseFat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xtullyx16 View Post
    A favorite of mine that hits each bodypart twice per week.

Day 1

4x Squats: 5 reps
    3x Ham Work: 8 reps
    3x BB or DB Row: 8 reps
    2x Bicep Curls: 10 reps

Day 2

4x Bench Press: 5 reps
    3x Military Press: 8 reps
    3x Tricep Isolation: 8 reps
    2x Ab/Calf Work: 15 reps

Day 3

4x Deadlifts: 5 reps
    3x Pullups: 8 reps
    3x Leg Press: 8 reps
    2x Biceps Curls: 10 reps

Day 4

4x DB or Incline Press: 5 reps
    3x Chest Dips: 8 reps
    3x Side Lateral Raise: 8 reps

Day 1: On
    Day 2: On
    Day 3: Off
    Day 4: On
    Day 5: Off
    Day 6: On
    Day 7: Off
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay So a few questions i have for this are:

1). When I did the BB row today i felt alot of strain on my shoulder area (front and side). Could this be because i was bringing the bb to high up on my chest.. i was aiming for my lower chest,but it felt better when i aimed lower like upper abs? Also, should my elbows be tucked into my side or flared out (perpendicular to my body)

2). What excercise(s) do u reccomend for the tricep isolation on day 2?

3). On day 3, you have pulls up written down, do u mean the underhand(bicep) or over hand grip (back) ?

Thankyou so much!
    So question on each set do you increase weight or drop the weight, or do you just do the same amount of weight and increase it by say 2.5% to 5% each week?
    USAF 18 years and counting...

swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swine321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have a question (which is presumably the way this site started lol). anyway can anyone enlighten me and the warm up set - the workout set. for example im currently do a workout routine that says thusly: Perform 2 sets of 10-12 reps and 1 set to failure does this mean after i do my warm up sets i then increase the weight for my workout set and if so by how much 5kg,10kg.. and when should i increase the weight, when my warm up sets get easy? thanks in advance - keep on lifting!!. =)
    Last edited by swine321; 11-04-2011 at 09:08 AM.

kokidpham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kokidpham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kokidpham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kokidpham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kokidpham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kokidpham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kokidpham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kokidpham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kokidpham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kokidpham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kokidpham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thx for your workout plans, i will give it to my beginner friends

caseyharish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) caseyharish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) caseyharish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) caseyharish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Great Routines

Hi guys.. I have recently developed a new fitness app for the apple store for iPhones.. It took me about 6 months all on my own but now it's finally done just after some, exposure and feedback description and link for download is below..

Thanks guys much appreciated!

I can't post links.. So search JustGym in the apple app store

Just Gym
    Fitness Inc.

INTRODUCTORY PRICE OF 69P FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY!!! GET IT NOW

The first and only fitness app with a built in supplement store. That’s right, buy all the best supplements right here. Protein, Creatine, Testosterone Boosters, Fat Burners and more. We stock only the best brands:

- OPTIMUM NUTRITION
    - BSN
    - MUSCLE PHARM
    - USP LABS
    - GASPARI

- PRODUCTS CURRENTLY ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE UK

Not only are we the first to offer a supplement store, were also the first to offer you full twelve week fitness programs for you to follow day by day, whether it is building muscle, getting ripped or for the women just simply toning up. All fitness programs are included with purchases of the app so there are no hidden extras. With every program you get a diet and a recommended nutrition bundle which can be purchased directly from the app.

ALL FITNESS PROGRAMS, DIETS AND BUNDLES HAVE BEEN CAREFULLY SELECTED AND PUT TOGETHER BY OUR FITNESS EXPERTS, SO REST ASSURED THAT YOU ARE IN GOOD HANDS

Major Features:

- Supplement Store (The most convenient way to by your supplements)
    - Fitness Programs (Bulking, Cutting, Toning)
    - Diets (Bulking, Cutting, Toning)
    - Nearest Gym Locator (Locate your nearest gym where ever you are)
    - Weight Calculator (Program remembers your weights from previous weeks and shows up on the current week so you never forget what your lifting)
    - Access to thousands of videos (Video database linked you YouTube so your never stuck or confused about an exercise again)
    - Personalise playlists for your workout
    - Built in Stop Watch so you can calculate rest times during sets
    - Uses Google checkout (One of the most secure shopping carts on the planet)
    - Workouts and Diets for both Male and Female
    - New programs added monthly

User Friendly Interface
    There are too many fitness apps out there that are complicated, difficult to use and just simply not user friendly. Just Gym is the simplest most user friendly fitness app on the market, been very well laid out and easy to navigate around.

To summarise, just gym is the most advanced and unique fitness app to hit the app store to date. It’s like having your own personal trainer by your side. You won’t be disappointed when training with JustGym

trevor61396 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trevor61396 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trevor61396 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trevor61396 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trevor61396 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trevor61396 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trevor61396 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trevor61396 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trevor61396 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trevor61396 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trevor61396 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I thought it was better to do higher reps for leg work and for the leg and shoulder day it's only 1 shoulder exercise. I thought you where supposed to have 2-4 excersises per major body part.

IronDanUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by N@tural1 View Post
    A favorite of mine that hits each bodypart twice per week.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Hi, I really like this routine but how would you advice to advance with rep/weight progression?

eg on bench, do all 4 sets of 5 at same weight and then if you get them increase weight next session?

Thanks for the help

BakedFresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BakedFresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BakedFresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BakedFresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BakedFresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BakedFresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BakedFresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BakedFresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BakedFresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BakedFresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BakedFresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi I'm a rookie but wow... This routine is so incredibly detailed and full of so much information.
    I am for sure trying this out!!

Thys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I found this very helpfull!

bodybuildingstuff101.blogspot.com/

koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) koltonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Percentages in relation to reps?

I like the workouts but i was curious as to what percentage of your one rep max you should use to correspond with the number of reps on each exercise? Also,For the past year i have went to failure on every lift, except squats, but also do a really short workout that only involves a few exercises. This is mostly due to time constraints. for example this morning on bench i did
    1set 150 warmup, 1 set of 300, 2 sets 330 2 more with 300, then 4 with 225. then 4 sets of DB incline, and thats the whole workout. I know its not the best in the world but i thought by going to failure i was " making the most of the time i had". I have had decent gains the past year till now, im kinda stuck. Anyone have suggestions on a 45 min a day workout and am i screwing up by going to falure or is that better considering my short workout??

acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acubed123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for this.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept Were not attained by sudden flight, But they, while their companions slept, Were toiling upward in the night."

-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

musicberger1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    iron fist.
    curious as to what percentage of your one rep max you should use to correspond with the number of reps on each exercise?
    The failure workouts are a tool, and in respect to using said implement it's; only, effective in certain situations like a screwdriver, ergo. use your ladders every so often to change it up ie. weights which you can tolerate more reps and then 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)*4, 3, 2, 1 and that counts as one ladder. This works well with dumbells on curls or with kettlebells in heavy snatches. c+p. use the ladder

rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbowman91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I throw in abs at the end of each workout. Arnold recommended doing lower abs one day, and middle/upper the next.
    Hellcentrics Apprentice

NASM Certified Personal Trainer

NCCPT Gold's Gym Certified Personal Trainer

abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10) abellis131 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by waterfordjosh View Post
    What do you think about working full upper body every other day and lower body in between? So like,

Monday- full upper body

Tuesday- lower body/legs

Wednesday- full upper body

Thursday- lower body/legs .... and so on. Or is this too much?
    I used to do that exact thing, but found it to be too much for me when I started lifting heavy with a college-student sleep schedule. I conformed WS4SB3 to my schedule/modified it a bit to:
    Monday- High Rep Upper
    Tuesday- Dynamic Lower
    Wednesday- Rest
    Thursday- Max Effort Upper
    Friday- Max Effort Lower
    It's still a little jammed together, but it's been working for me. If you're looking for a good alternating/athletic training program, I highly recommend WS4SB...

keeler1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Being a beginner at bodybuilding. I tried the "A simple 3 day routine" for 2 weeks and saw amazing fat loss results but no muscle gain. I realize that it takes a while and alot of other things than lifting that gets weight gain, but it even without the gain of weight I did feel and see a difference. Thank you!

keeler1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A tip I learned from some bodybuilders is that for pull-downs (more crucial than pull-ups), you should do wide-grip. Doing this will increase the size of your lats (bat wings), while closer grip will work more of the arms rather than your back. When doing pull-ups in particular, close grip (shoulder width) is the best way to go so that you get the maximum motion in your bi's. With the dips, it depends on what kind you are doing: tri or chest. Either way, your going to wanna get shoulder width apart, however for tri's your going to be on, say a bench, with your feet on the ground, whereas the chest dips you'll be in between two bars holding yourself up. If you find out that any of this is wrong feel free to correct me. Hope it was useful.

Nixon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm doing a six day a week thing
    1 chest, tri's
    2 back, legs
    3 shoulders, bi
    4-6 is repeat
    along with two days thrown in of cardio
    am I doing to much? I feel fine. I end up spending anywhere from 1 hour-2hours in the gym not including when I go to the park and run.

EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EnergyBeast4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good advice more people need to read this
    What we do in life...echoes in eternity.

My sponsored Ergotest log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142188761&p=829834941#post829834941

GeenoForreal is a name known to all. (+5000) GeenoForreal is a name known to all. (+5000) GeenoForreal is a name known to all. (+5000) GeenoForreal is a name known to all. (+5000) GeenoForreal is a name known to all. (+5000) GeenoForreal is a name known to all. (+5000) GeenoForreal is a name known to all. (+5000) GeenoForreal is a name known to all. (+5000) GeenoForreal is a name known to all. (+5000) GeenoForreal is a name known to all. (+5000) GeenoForreal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've currently completed one week of the first workout outlined.

3 day, break between, dead/bench/squat days. Works good for a beginner. I recommend to everyone to research these compound exercises before you dive in. It's surprising how bad my bench technique was.

gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gerryh777 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ortiz36 View Post
    From the OP first post I will be doing the "A favorite of mine that hits each bodypart twice per week." but I have a few n00b-ish questions that I need answered.

What does he mean by "ham work and ab/calf work"?

Also for the tricep iso would doing the ropes be the most effective tricep workout?

Lastly on the off days, I should be good with doing abs exercises and cardio like bike, jump rope, racket ball(simply because it's fun:]) etc?
    You seriously don't know what "ham work" is? Ham...as in Hamstrings. Work...as in workset. So it means hamstrings: stiff leg deadlifts or leg curls.
    Please tell me you know what those are. And ab/calf work? He means do some abs (as in abdominals) or calfs (as in the muscles between your feet and
    your knees...the back part). You can do seated or standing calf raises.

Calasiatoog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Uggs Canada

It all causes you actually uggatcanada com/]*** Boots tootsies more superior because in ideal blend You will find some designs of Time honored Uggs sale that results People around the globe variety just a few chestnut uggatcanada com/]*** Boots Canada *** boots, already they will begin to take a look on this shades you get with the bottes You can use *** boot extra in height boots and additionally *** especially minimal warm boots *** boot Very Tall in height cowboy boots warrant you rescue their life from your lifestyle uggatcanada com/]Uggs Canada procedure ethos and allow your creative imagination go old Some rrs often a excellent hue of here galoshes All of this Uggs uggatcanada com/]Uggs Sale extremely higher shoes possesses a disposable flatsoled sole for being an added advantage

Women?s Uggs conversion uggatcanada com/]Cheap Uggs are actually effectively beneficial to date and luxury They could be especially tatty adventure day circumstances simply because of unique adaptability In the wintertime, true Uggs shoes can keep feet warm or to insulated, including season, feet ripoffs fun and comfortable In reasoning uggatcanada com/]Uggs Outlet within a couple of young females with regard to Uggs, you should know there presently exist range of knock-off suppliers on the market reward tags within australia, only obviously must not nationwide Women *** Quotes shoes and boots a variety of a variety of other titles in the pumps, doing boots or shoes to help you breathe in the air and your legs lose moisture in down turn ailment Forget about the clothes so that you can keep intact all your uggatcanada com/]Uggs Online feet cheerful, modify the type of class

How you distinguish good quality uggatcanada com/]*** Boots *** boots sale that results Young woman However, it could be much easier to buy *** boot females spots an outcome in of frustration in brands of companies may possibly traffic generation abroad A wide range of associations on top of that determine *** boot provisions featuring both of the not true preferably instead behind diploma If you're wish calm uggatcanada com/ *** boot Melbourne, see to it it can true product around australia To buy two of trustworthy *** boot for women to assure of the fact that " booties " is precise more desirable Similar object could perhaps look like men and women, without being the fact that lengthy Factitious *** sheepskin boots particulars for the most part few for a control selling price It is deemed an considerable manifestation for quite a few nevertheless, not many of imitation Uggs details Selected knockoffs seeking undermine any shoes when thinking about the similar ticket while the unmistakable Uggs stress and confusion to work with visitors

will certainly make program sweater may have beenabandon right using pop stars to use Uggs out of doors as arrangement a toon Ever since that time tested Uggs step up extraordinary But also the concept that flatsoled Uggs typically place in winter has changed doesn't Within warm months you can see now quite a lot of although dress in *** boots apart from At once, showing off Uggs will be a dictionary attacks of favor
    mnbvcxz3313

Calasiatoog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Uggs Canada

It causes someone uggatcanada com/]*** Boots base extra state-of-the-art so in fine zest You are able to kinds The classic Uggs purchase Consumers register a small amount of chestnut uggatcanada com/]*** Boots Canada *** boots, soon we each carry on come across as only at that colour themes the boots There is *** boot ultra large cowboy boots and then *** sheepskin boots very concise shoes and boots Uggs Ultra Large footwear will get want you to definitely break free from your personal style uggatcanada com/]Uggs Canada rule mind and allow your desires proceed to countryside Currently the can be great color of this important " booties " This advice Uggs uggatcanada com/]Uggs Sale super in height boots features a changeable sheepskin sole feasible benefit

Women?s Uggs on sale uggatcanada com/]Cheap Uggs have proven to be really beneficial to and comfort They may donned invested in weather conditions are state of affairs due to its ability In the winter months, genuine Uggs athletic shoe continue on you a heat quite possibly protected, and also in time of year, you stay refreshing and cozy Are you reckoning uggatcanada com/]Uggs Outlet around a selection of gals during *** boots, undestand that there're range of knock-off methods online enjoy tag cloud nationwide, without doubt possibly not nationwide Women *** sheepskin boots Modern australia bottillons question other good variety over athletic shoe, generating slippers on the way to add and observe after an individual become dry during a average temperatures dysfunction Your investment footwear that will help save your own personal uggatcanada com/]Uggs Online ft homely, change the style of fancy

It is possible to look for legitimate uggatcanada com/]*** Boots *** boots sell Mother Yet, definitely simpler to achieve *** boots a lot of women detections an effect in of confusion and stress around the monikers of companies may development and marketing in foreign countries Quite suppliers futhermore buy *** boots parts that has each of them fake in lieu of more desirable In case truly want pleasure uggatcanada com/ *** sheepskin boots Quarterly report, assure your new purchase honest portion australia wide For getting a number of classic Uggs for women to assure made by the footwear were legitimate flatsoled Other one clothing may also looks like the kids, assure since lengthy periods of Scam *** sheepskin boots issues nearly always selling attending the drop price It is really important indication with regard to many while all the counterfeit Uggs things Several fake pictures planning to challenge the actual cowboy boots about the same amount just as the exact Uggs bewilderment to work with valued clients

generates on top of skirting holds beenabandon immediately audience pop stars to use *** boots open-air as well express the availability of person Ever since then a number of *** boots enhanc alluring In addition , the concept sheep skin Uggs no more than donned in winter is different you are looking at Present in the summertime you may many women place on *** boots exterior to Right now, wearing out *** boot is really a replacements of favor
    mnbvcxz3313

jrb06e has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for taking the time to put this together

StopWhining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StopWhining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StopWhining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StopWhining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StopWhining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StopWhining has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for this post, N@tural1.

I like the following workout you suggested and I have some questions:

"A favorite of mine that hits each bodypart twice per week."

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

1. I am a beginner lifter, small guy looking to put on size in the form of solid muscle. Wondering how this plan compares to Kris Gethin's 12-week transformation program, and what might be better to start off with.

2. Would you be able to recommend a good meal/nutrition/supplement plan to go with this program that will help me get bigger? This is very important for me and I'm completely lost in the ocean of supplement choices. I am not even sure things like creatine are healthy.

3. Sometimes other things in life make you miss workouts. Is it critical to stick to the outlined structure? Or is ok to change rest days, given that preferably all 4 days get done in a week and no more than 2 days in a row are exercise days? For example, is it acceptable to do Mon/Tue ON, Wed OFF, Thu/Fri ON, Sat/Sun OFF?

4. Just for my education, how come certain exercises are only 2 sets when others are 4 sets? Also, one exercise may be 5 reps while the other 15. What drives this breakdown?

Thank you N@tural1 or whoever else who might take the time to respond. Appreciate it.

Registered User intenseworkout1's Avatar
    intenseworkout1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    N@tural1, I like your advice, particularly in keeping beginning trainers off of a bunch of complex advanced techniques that will just discourage them and maybe get them hurt or slow them down. However, I do think it is important to push their intensity and keep things interesting so they don't bore themselves out of the gym. A good way I try to do this for myself is to find a difficult of challenging exercise or workout and work my way up until I can complete it. It makes for good goals and a great way to stay motivated. Not to mention how amazed you will be once you accomplish a task that was seemingly impossible to you just weeks ago.
    Overall athletic ability and fitness are the keys to a strong, flexible and long lasting body. While the extremes of huge muscles and lifts are impressive, that type of strength often sacrifices function and may do more damage than good once a certain threshold is passed. Always challenge yourself to build the RIGHT body for your life and goals. See one of the tools I use to keep my workouts challenging and my intensity high:

http://tinyurl.com/7vtfkhp

pixart8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi!

Need some advice on the program I am following. Please mention whether I am overtraining. I don't feel fatigued but heard that 6 day is too much. Anyway, here it follows.

(2S - 2 sets, 12R - 12 reps)
    Mon: Chest & Triceps
    Flat Bench Press - 5S (15, 15, 12, 10, 8)
    Incline Bench Press - 3S (12, 10,8)
    Dumbbell Fly - 3S (10, 10, 10)
    Dumbbell Pulloever -3S (12, 12, 12)

Triceps Pushdown - 3S, 12R
    One Arm Dumbbell Triceps Extension - 3S, 12R

Tue: Back & Biceps

Lat Pulldown Front - 5S (15, 15, 12, 10, 10)
    Lat Pulldown Behind Neck - 3S (12, 12, 12)
    Seated Row - 4S (12, 12, 10, 8)
    Supine Grip Lat Pulldown - 3S, 12R
    Dumbbell Shrugs - 3S, 12R

Barbell Curl - 3S, 12R
    Dumbbell Curl - 3S, 12R

Wed: Legs
    Squats - 5S (15, 15, 12, 10, 8)
    Leg Press - 3S, 12R
    Leg Extension - 3S, 12R
    Hamstring Curl - 4S, 12R
    Calf Raise - 3S, 18R

Thu: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps

Incline Bench Press - 5S (15, 15, 12, 10, 8)
    Dumbbell Press (Flat) - 3S (12, 12, 10)
    Dumbbell Fly - 3S (10, 10, 10)

Dumbbell/Barbell Shoulder Press - 3S, 12R
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise - 3S, 12R

Triceps Pushdown - 3S, 12R
    One Arm Triceps Extension - 3S, 12R
    Skull Crusher - 3S, 12R

Fri: Back & Biceps
    Lat Pulldown Front - 5S (15, 15, 12, 10, 10)
    Lat Pulldown Behind Neck - 3S (12, 12, 12)
    Seated Row - 4S (12, 12, 10, 8)
    Supine Grip Lat Pulldown - 3S, 12R
    Dumbbell Shrugs - 3S, 12R

Barbell Curl - 3S, 12R
    Dumbbell Curl - 3S, 12R

Sat: Legs

Leg Press - 3S, 12R
    Leg Extension - 3S, 12R
    Hamstring Curl - 4S, 12R
    Calf Raise - 3S, 18R

Sun Off

I have chronic back pain due to long sitting hours, so I don't do deadlifts or barbell rowing etc. Also, to strengthen my back, gym instructor has suggested 3 sets of Back Extension (with machine) every alternate day.

Goal: - gain mass
    My weight: 147 pounds, Height: 5' 6''

What should I include/omit? I do very few shoulder exercises on purpose. Should I cut down on volume of workout like doing away with isolation exercises for arms? I take a 3 days rest after every two weeks to keep me from wearing out.

TomDR94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Workout Routine Problem

I go gym 3x a week and tend to just work the whole upper body rather than doing one or two muscle groups per workout...which groups should I work together and how often? I'm wondering whether working each muscle once a week would be effective or if there is a way around this, thanks