Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1431
    superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) superreise2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Old post but I stumbled across it, thank you. I'm going to use the final routine on that list.

ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10) ctalamantez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks for all the help everyone

Ajones529 is just really nice. (+1000) Ajones529 is just really nice. (+1000) Ajones529 is just really nice. (+1000) Ajones529 is just really nice. (+1000) Ajones529 is just really nice. (+1000) Ajones529 is just really nice. (+1000) Ajones529 is just really nice. (+1000) Ajones529 is just really nice. (+1000) Ajones529 is just really nice. (+1000) Ajones529 is just really nice. (+1000) Ajones529 is just really nice. (+1000)

Round 4

I'm new here, but not too new to working out. I've been one of those on-off guys and have seen little results even though I have good genes for muscle building.

I'm going to go with this program, the 4 day a week variation. I'm also going to eat big and moderately healthy. As far as supplements go, I'll be going with a preworkout, a multi-Vi, and whey protein.

Any advice? Maybe a recommended brand or another vital supplement? I know creatine is important but I think I'll be okay without it this time around.

I joined this site because I hope it will keep me motivated, which has always been my enemy. Wish me luck!

Stats are 5'11" 150lbs %10BF

ZambaRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZambaRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZambaRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZambaRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZambaRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZambaRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZambaRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZambaRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZambaRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZambaRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZambaRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    great stuff, simple and effective.

frejaheather has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

This is something I can put to use. Thanks
    Freja Heather

anish1307i has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good, sensible stuff

erre92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I need some advices.
    Im that type for skinny-fat. My numbers are.
    Benchpress with bar = 80lbs
    Dumbell benchpress= 45 lbs.
    Shoulder press 20 lbs
    Deadliftes=60 lbs
    squats 80 lbs
    I dont know what routine to follow, split or full body with compound exercises 3days/week. 2 sets 8-12 reps.
    Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises
    In 2 months of gym i lost 4lbs in weight and i increased my numbers somehow... First time i did 40 lbs benchpress and 10 lbs shoulder press... And i did 3 week split and 5 weeks full body, but not with compound exercises, i didnt do squats and deadlifts.
    I want to do only compound exercises routine until i can benchpres and squat 150+lbs. My diet is 200g of protein, 130-140 g of complex carbs and 50-60 g of fat.
    Last edited by erre92; 04-29-2013 at 03:27 AM.

69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by erre92 View Post
    I need some advices.
    Im that type for skinny-fat. My numbers are.
    Benchpress with bar = 80lbs
    Dumbell benchpress= 45 lbs.
    Shoulder press 20 lbs
    Deadliftes=60 lbs
    squats 80 lbs
    I dont know what routine to follow, split or full body with compound exercises 3days/week. 2 sets 8-12 reps.
    Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises
    In 2 months of gym i lost 4lbs in weight and i increased my numbers somehow... First time i did 40 lbs benchpress and 10 lbs shoulder press... And i did 3 week split and 5 weeks full body, but not with compound exercises, i didnt do squats and deadlifts.
    I want to do only compound exercises routine until i can benchpres and squat 150+lbs. My diet is 200g of protein, 130-140 g of complex carbs and 50-60 g of fat.
    Check out Allpros routine, it sure worked for me. Pics in mybodyspace.

More info on this thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=146599373
    The best part of this is, my kids are learning to live healthier because of me.

erre92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Should i add some abs exercises to tis routine??? In special i want to grow the lateral abs.
    Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

Additionaly:
    Russian Twist
    Leg raises
    Crunches
    How many reps and sets should i do for abs???

Flat4T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey all

Just wanting some advice..

been following the "A favourite of mine that hits each body part twice per week." and have got to a couple of lifts that have stalled. Basically Bench Press went up fine (55,60,65 etc.) but tonight tried 70kg and could do the first set of 5 ok, but sets 2,3,4 I could only rep out 3 reps. this applies to my Squats as well, in this situation what do you advise me to do? also my gym's smallest plate is 2.5kg so on barbells obviously I have to go up by 5kg's there's no smaller plates.

Was talking to a guy there at the gym who's been training for 26 years, and he didn't think my routine was very appropriate. he believes in higher reps lower weight approach and then working your way up to heavier weights kind of like pyramids. BUT this contradicts EVERYTHING I have learnt on bb.com forums, so just adds confusion. as some of the beginner routines here are 5x5 or similar.

and my diet/sleep patterns are spot on. 7-8 hours a night sleep, read the stickies in nutrition forum on diet. count my macros EVERYDAY! to make sure im hitting the numbers. the scales are going up but my lifts have started to slow down!

thanks looking forward to a reply.

Registered User thattherenewguy's Avatar
    thattherenewguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, first post.

Thinking of doing madcow 5x5. Been lifting a while but have been held back by injuries often.

These are my lifts at the moment

Squat - 105kg (235) - 3x8
    Dead - 135kg (305) - 1x5
    OHP - 45kg (100) - 3x8
    Bench - 60kg (135) - 3x8

Bench and OHP are low because Ive broken my arm three times in the last two years so some lifts have suffered.

Anyway, is this a good starting level for madcow or is it too low? Been stalling a bit lately on deads and squats. Also, the excel spreadsheet says to put in your 5RM. I worked it out from my sets of 8, and it says first week ill be doing squats at 107, 5 reps. Is this too much too soon based on what I'm doing already? I thought the first four weeks were meant to ease you into it.

danielsefer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danielsefer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danielsefer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danielsefer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danielsefer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danielsefer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danielsefer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danielsefer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice i like the advice.......

LITE1ONNIN10DO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Body Composition/Weights/Ratio/General health and fitness

Hi all,
    Just after some general advice and looking for some comments on my workout routine/weekly routine that I have going at the moment. All comments will be great as and advice large or small would be greatly appreciated.

First a bit about myself I am 17yrs old, I weight 90kg, 192cm tall and with an estimated body fat percentage of about 17%. Have been cycling since the start of the year 3 times a week (road cycling) and about 3 months ago decided I want to really work on this and more so keep my upper body in a fair ratio with my legs as they started developing noticeable amounts of muscle.
    I will post another comments with my workout routine and details.

Now to the details/workout.

Just over 2 months ago now (05/03/13) I started working out with my friend. I would lift 3 times a week (tue/thur/sun) for about 1 1/2hrs. This being the first time I have ever lifting weights. This has been great as I have upped my weights in all the exercises I do. My workout looks like this.

Exercise/sets/reps/start weight/weight now
    Flat bench press/3/5/25kg/55kg
    Deadlift/3/10/30kg/55kg
    Barbell squat/3/10/20kg/40kg
    Overhead press/3/5/20kg/35kg
    Leg extension/3/10/25kg/65kg
    Calf raises/3/15/20kg/55kg
    Incline bench press/3/5/20kg/47.5kg
    Barbell curl/3/5/15kg/35kg

I have been doing incline bench and barbell curls for only about 1 and a half months now. So from when I started doing this till now apart from muscle gain I have gained 2kg (88kg-90kg) and not lost much at all really in the way of fat. I have a good balanced diet that can sometimes be not so great with the odd junk food or pizza or ice cream.
    The questions.
    I suppose my main questions are how do you think it is going, I know it is early days only 2 months in but, is it progressing well, what should I change keeping in mind the cycling focus and the leg to upper body ratio? How should I go about getting my body fat % down? Stop muscle gains to lower body fat % then once down to a good fat % bump up the food again for muscle gain? What sort or ratio should I have between my pecks and quads (and any other muscle) e.g. my body weight 90 = bench 1.25 times my weight legs = 1.5 time etc. what weight should certain muscles/exercises be at, at this stage and in comparison to other exercises?
    Anything else you can think of that could help me out would be great any advice would be much appreciated. 

Chestrong93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chestrong93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chestrong93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chestrong93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chestrong93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chestrong93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My simple Shoulder routine! Subscribe ma YT Channel for looooooot more! Next vid will be Chest Routine!<3

MartiniTriple has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys,

How does this look to you:

Day 1 chest, front delts and triceps
    bench warmup 1*10-15
    bench 6/8/10
    dips 10/8/8
    inclined bench 6/8/10
    all sets to failure

military press or db presses 4*10-12 (last set is a dropset) all to failure

2 exercises for triceps, 3 sets each, 6-12 reps all sets to failure

Day 2 legs and lateral delts
    warmup
    squats 8/10/12/15
    leg curls 8/10/12
    calf raises 10/15/20

lateral raises 4*12 (last one is a drop set)

all sets to failure

Day 3 back, biceps, rear delts
    3-4 exercises for back approx same number of reps 8/10/10/12
    2 exercises for biceps *3 sets * 8-12 reps
    rear delts raises 3-4*10-12

I try to go to failure on each set, 1h max + 5 min for the warmup.

Before i used to work chest and biceps, back and triceps and felt the biceps/triceps working much better, bigger weights, more pump, more pain... now not so much.

Main concerns: I don't have sore muscles for biceps and delts, almost never and these are my weakest points as far as weights progress goes.

Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ilesey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^^^^

Why are all sets to failure???

daveconley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, I am new to the thread and a beginner as well. Just a question, should I focus on building certain muscles at a time?
    For example, at the moment I am particularly concern of the abs, thus I design routine for it.
    Dave Conley

Building my muscle - http://tinyurl.com/nxjrkv8

"Always Aim Higher and Better"

MartiniTriple has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ilesey View Post
    ^^^^

Why are all sets to failure???
    This way I am sure I reach muscle failure and I'm a bit lazy and on a low carb diet, meaning that I don't give 120% for that one last rep, but more like 99% for all sets.

I am not concerned about over-training, I don't think its that easy to over-train when I spend 3h/week in the gym.

BillHickock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys I need some advice. I came up with a push pull legs split with basic exercises that I can do at the gym I go.

Push
    BB Bench
    Military Press
    Dips
    Triceps

Pull
    Deadlifts
    Rows
    Pullups
    Curls

Legs
    Squats
    Leg Press
    SLDL
    Hamstring Curls
    Leg Extensions
    Calves

3x8 on the compound and semi-compound excercises
    2x8 on the rest

Workout on Mon-Wed-Fri

Thoughts?

ASoberPaddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Going Back to The Future

So firstly I've being lifting on and off for over 18 months, and I've tried a number of different programs...

The program below is a program that I've used before(not the exact same) I've made a couple of changes to the routine.
    Day 1: Chest & Arms
    Chest

Flat Bench – Barbell 4 sets 5 reps
    Incline Bench – Bells 3 set 12 reps
    Decline Bench – Bells 3 sets 12 reps
    Over the Tops – Bells 2 sets 8 reps

Arms- Bicep
    Hammer Curls – Bells 2 sets 5 reps
    Curls – Cable 3 sets 12 reps
    21’s – Straight Bar Wide Grip 1 set 21(7,7,7) reps

Day 2: Back & Arms
    Back

Deadlift – Barbell 4 sets 5 reps
    Rows – Barbell 3 sets 12 reps
    Pulldown – Cable 3 sets 12 reps
    Seated Rows – Cable 2 sets 8 reps

Arms – Tricep
    Flat Bench – Barbell Close Grip 2 sets 5 reps
    Skullcrusher – Straight Bar 3 sets 12 reps
    Dips – 3 sets 12 reps
    Pulldown – Cable 1 set 40 reps

Day 3: Legs & Shoulders
    Legs

Squat, Back – Barbell 4 sets 5 reps
    Deadlift, Stiff Leg – Barbell 3 sets 12 reps
    Lunges – Bells 3 sets 12reps(each leg)
    Calf Raise – Bells/Smith Machine 3 sets 15 reps

Shoulders
    Overhead Press – Barbell 4 sets 5 reps
    Arny Press – Bells 3 sets 12 reps
    Front Raises – Straight Bar 2 sets 12 reps
    Shrugs – 2 sets 15 reps
    I'll be dong this routine on a Monday, Wednesday & Friday Split

I'll also be doing some core work on each of these days, including the Plank, Mountain Climbers, Bridge, Burpees, Supermans

I'll also be doing a couple of cycles during the weeks, nothing longer than an hour spin...

My primary goals is to drop to 70kg, and from there drop my bf% while building some muscle

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Unikatze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unikatze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unikatze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unikatze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unikatze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unikatze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unikatze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unikatze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unikatze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unikatze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unikatze will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice guide.

Could I get some feedback on my new routine?
    I've been reading stickies and this is the best I've come up with on my own so far.

I'm living on a ship, so I don't have access to barbells, I'm doing all my workouts as best I can with dumbells.

3 times a week (also doing intermittent fasting 3x1)

Dumbell Squats, 100 lbs 4x6, 5 minute rest period between sets.

Dumbell Deadlift, 90 lbs 4x6, 5 minute rest period between sets.

Bench Press (with a machine), 46 kg 4x6, 5 minute rest period between sets.

Sitting rows, 55 kg 4x6, 5 minute rest period between sets.
    (I have no access to a bar to do chinups or a machine for lat pulldowns)

From what I've read I should be able to reduce fat and increase muscle mass at the beginning while being an overfat beginner, this sounds god to me but my more immediate goal is to lower my body fat %.

Another question is... if I'm doing 5 minute rest periods... what the heck do you guys do during those 5 minute waits? They've been really killing me!

whey2lean has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whey2lean has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whey2lean has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whey2lean has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whey2lean has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whey2lean has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whey2lean has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whey2lean has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whey2lean has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whey2lean has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whey2lean has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yes

mcknight93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by A-Ram View Post
    Thanks a lot for this. I have a couple of questions though:

"A favorite of mine that hits each bodypart twice per week."

For that workout should I do the sets to failure? Also, right now there is an imbalance between my upper and lower body; my lower body is stronger. I was going to follow your routine and do lighter weights for the lower body stuff so my upper body can catch up. I heard this helps in toning, but I also heard that once you tone a lot it's hard to build muscle on those areas again. Is that true?
    Your so confused lol

WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    hey guys, iv'e been doing jason DB's 5x5, but i have not been progressing. i get tired and feel like im squatting, or just doing too much in one day. could i do an upper lower instead, or all pro's?

Estimated 1RM off of 5rep sets today:
    Squat: 225
    Deadlift: 270
    Bench: 165
    OHP: 110
    Pendlay Row:160

Registered User WorkoutInfoGuru's Avatar
    WorkoutInfoGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Take ideas from the famous celebrities workout like andrew garfield workout routine, vin diesel workout routine etc. It helps... really

Alexjsq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alexjsq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alexjsq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alexjsq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alexjsq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alexjsq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alexjsq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alexjsq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alexjsq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alexjsq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alexjsq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very nice post!
    Kiwi born. Cambodian blood. Aussie made.

bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bertishere is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i need advice.

i been working out here and there for the past 2 years and haven't seen any results in terms of my build (if any, it's very small), but my strength as increased.

i decided to try all pro's beginner workout on a good diet (3000+ cal/day) and i gained 8lbs in 7 weeks, but i can see that most of it has gone to my stomach other than my arms/back/shoulders/etc

is this a good program for me even though my lifts are "pretty good" for someone my size:

barbell bench = 150
    dumbell bench = 65
    dumbell shoulder press = 55
    seated military press = 85

etc... as you can see i'm not as weak as most beginners, but i'm still weak. should i continue all pro's beginner routine? i feel like it's not doing me any good as i've already built somewhat of a core.

thanks

feastondis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello guys,

I'm 20 years old and weigh around 147 pounds at 5ft 10. Yes I'm skinny. For the past couple of months I've adopted ice cream fitness workout routine for beginners and tailored it a bit to fit what i can do and can't do at home. I'm not seeing much results after 2-3 months and it's frustrating me. I think it's partly due to my diet but im posting this to make sure my routine is up to standards.

Equipment: Dumbbells, Bench

Workout days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

Workout A.

1:30 minute rest between sets

Squats - 5 sets - 8-12 reps
    Bench press - 5 sets - 8-12 reps
    Dumbbell row - 5 sets - 8-12 reps
    Shrugs - 3 sets - 8-12 reps
    Seated tricep extensions - 3 sets - 8-12 reps
    Incline curls - 3 sets - 8-12 reps
    6 Min ab workout

Workout B

1:30 minute rest between sets

Squats - 5 sets - 8-12 reps
    Shoulder press - 5 sets - 8-12 reps
    Dumbbell row - 5 sets - 8-12 reps
    Bench press - 5 sets - 8-12 reps
    Incline curls - 3 sets - 8-12 reps
    6 min ab workout

Every workout i try and increase reps for each exercise. For example i might do 9 reps on every single set of squats so the next week i try for 10 reps on every set.
    I increase the weight of the dumbbells when i achieve 12 reps on every single set.

So what needs improve etc etc.

rross96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How would you guys recommend incorporating power cleans and maybe power snatches into this SS/TM program? I used to do power cleans every other workout, then switched to once a week, but once a week did not work for me.

A day B day C day
    Squats 5x5 Front squats 3x3 Squats 1x5
    OHP/BP 3x5 BP/OHP 3x5 OHP/BP 3x5
    Deadlifts 1x5
    Weighted chins BW Chins 3xAMRAP

Dre3242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dre3242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dre3242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dre3242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dre3242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dre3242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dre3242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dre3242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dre3242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dre3242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dre3242 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Is my routine good?

Hi I'm a fairly new lifter I been lifting for about 2 1/2 to 3 months but been on and off working out with my uncles. But I have gone off on my own and I was using one of my uncle routines but I feel as if its not suited for me. So I made this one. Day 1 chest Day 2 traps and lower back. day 3 shoulders and legs day 4 biceps day 5 mid back and lats day 6 triceps. Day 7 off with that I would do abs everyday and do two sets of bench on days when I don't do chest. I want to focus on my back due to back problems. In addition every other week with legs ill do power lifting. Need advice plz help