Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dogetta View Post
    How's everyone! Remember one is too many!!! Happy lifting all.
    One is too many and a thousand is never enough!
    Chew Crew: Fear Us

NJ crew 201

Rep back 500+

hard work + consistency + time = results

kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kodiak6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Officially 7 months clean today. Feels awesome. I'm actually doing well in all my classes, having epic workouts, working, and most importantly going to meetings.

Also, one of my classes this semester is "Chemical Dependence" LOL. I should get an easy A in that!
    Chew Crew: Fear Us

NJ crew 201

Rep back 500+

hard work + consistency + time = results

tone4now is a name known to all. (+5000) tone4now is a name known to all. (+5000) tone4now is a name known to all. (+5000) tone4now is a name known to all. (+5000) tone4now is a name known to all. (+5000) tone4now is a name known to all. (+5000) tone4now is a name known to all. (+5000) tone4now is a name known to all. (+5000) tone4now is a name known to all. (+5000) tone4now is a name known to all. (+5000) tone4now is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what's up sober weight lifters/fitness junkies? I have 4 1/2 years. Anyone who is active in AA, I'm always down to touch base. It's good to connect with other program people. I am definitely at home in this thread.
    REPS TO Ravishing_Rick, TheBatemen FOR LIFE

sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Keep it going

Originally Posted by kodiak6 View Post
    Officially 7 months clean today. Feels awesome. I'm actually doing well in all my classes, having epic workouts, working, and most importantly going to meetings.

Also, one of my classes this semester is "Chemical Dependence" LOL. I should get an easy A in that!
    Congrats on your success....I always love to hear the constant continued effort and success from people on here! We are all here for each other as we are a community of people that share something in common!
    "Give them nothing...But take from them.......Everything"

Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile

Gosh, I'm not an addict of substance but have known a few. It's very difficult to overcome so with that said I would like to commend you guys for pulling yourselves up, and seeing there is more to life. WELL DONE, and keep at it

JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Subscribing to this thread. Congrats to everyone. September 6th was my 1 year mark of no alcohol. Unfortunately, it took a dumb ass mistake for me to decide to quit. Oh well, better late than never. Thanks for a great thread guys.
    Everything depends upon execution; having just a vision is no solution.

Performance and performance alone dictates the predator in any food chain.

sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) sgt_kelly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JMath View Post
    Subscribing to this thread. Congrats to everyone. September 6th was my 1 year mark of no alcohol. Unfortunately, it took a dumb ass mistake for me to decide to quit. Oh well, better late than never. Thanks for a great thread guys.
    Its all about our choices and consequences JMath! I too was subject to dumb mistakes too, that I have to live with as well! But, i use them as a motivational factor to never be that person again. good luck

Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slider59 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Congrats to everyone.
    Keep up the good work.
    Small Timid Boy
    ***Canadian Crew***
    *** Misc CIGAR Crew ***

KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am a recovering addict/alcohloic. I have been clean for about 3 months and have been in the gym for the last 2. I have vowed to never go back to my old ways and I am loving my new lifestyle. I have never felt better in my life!!

KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KasSchmidt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Spacehead View Post
    Anybody others who have recently got clean?
    3 months yesterday. Clean,sober and loving life!!

Originally Posted by KasSchmidt View Post
    3 months yesterday. Clean,sober and loving life!!
    congrats bro...just remember to take on each day as its own!!

Returning to Savagery JustBrowsin's Avatar
    JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great to find others as phukked up as myself Bodybuilding used to be a HUUUUGE passion of mine, then one thing led to the next and heroin w/ ******* took its place. This is my first week back in the gym in God knows when and I'm almost 100 days clean and feel great. Can't get complacent, gotta keep doing the deal.

Originally Posted by JustBrowsin View Post
    Great to find others as phukked up as myself Bodybuilding used to be a HUUUUGE passion of mine, then one thing led to the next and heroin w/ ******* took its place. This is my first week back in the gym in God knows when and I'm almost 100 days clean and feel great. Can't get complacent, gotta keep doing the deal.
    The gym is my sanctuary of peace of mind. i can go there and let everything out in life, and its a healthy place to do it. all my pains, and all my joys can be used as energy to help me keep my body in shape, hammer on some weights, and help to maintain my goals. and when i leave the gym.....i feel better inside, and am comfortable that i made the right choices in my day! good luck bro!

william9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) william9000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    8 Months sober. Spent almost everyday of my life from 8 to 27 dedicated destroying my body with inhalants and various other drugs. 7 months ago quit smoking cigarettes and started on my road to bodybuilding. Just wanted to say HI!
    My GST Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=547852463

Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forgettoned has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I am a recovering addict/alcohloic. I have been clean for about 3 months and have been in the gym for the last 2. I have vowed to never go back to my old ways and I am loving my new lifestyle. I have never felt better in my life!!
    ----------
    "I have never felt better in my life!!" sounds like a really excellent reason to never return. Well done, keep at it.
    Modesty is the most attractive thing on a woman. With that said, don't expect bikini pics of me plastered all over the Internet any time soon :)

_________
    How on earth did you maintain your physique on top of all of that? I'm really happy you're alive. Those are some vicious drugs kiddo. Kudos for seeing the light.
    Modesty is the most attractive thing on a woman. With that said, don't expect bikini pics of me plastered all over the Internet any time soon :)

YellowBeetle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Halloween is my sobriety date and this coming one will mark my 4th year sober. Keeping clean and exercising is the greatest feeling. One addiction for another.

Thanks for starting this thread Sgt.
    "Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, you do so unto me."

Just checkin' back in to say I'm still stone cold sober@ day 129!!
    Hope everybody else is too.
    Stay focused and stay strong all.
    "It's never too late to become what you might have been".

JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just checkin' back in to say I'm still stone cold sober@ day 129!!
    Hope everybody else is too.
    Stay focused and stay strong all.
    weak. I'm on day 130.

good job man.

things are going pretty well. working my ass off, 55-60 hours a week, mostly graveyards. its kickin my ass, but its only temporary and will put some money in my pocket to help me take care of some other stuff. Just sucks not being able to hit the gym, its been almost a week. Im too tired to workout and too lazy to eat right now. But its only temporary, be back at it soon.

good luck to everybody. keep doing the damn thing

weak. I'm on day 130.

good job man.

things are going pretty well. working my ass off, 55-60 hours a week, mostly graveyards. its kickin my ass, but its only temporary and will put some money in my pocket to help me take care of some other stuff. Just sucks not being able to hit the gym, its been almost a week. Im too tired to workout and too lazy to eat right now. But its only temporary, be back at it soon.

good luck to everybody. keep doing the damn thing

I hear ya on the work thing man. I'm only doin 50 but Then I have to come home and Take care of my son,help him with homework,Cook,clean,Etc..Etc..
    If I'm lucky I'm getting to the gym 3 times a week,Usualy the nights when my wife isn't at work.
    I guess the main thing is, it is still in your mind that you want to get there,and obviously you have to stay clean if you want any chance of that.So even if you can't right now,at least you can do what you need to now,and visualize what you intend to accomplish when you get your chance.Judging by your profile pic,when you set your mind to it you obviously have no problem achieving your goals. Best of luck to you Bro.I sincerely hope things ease up for you so you can get back to it.

Good deal fellas, keep at it! CONGRATS ON EVERYONES SOBRIETY! Its always a blessing to hear everyones story, and that we should remind ourselves that none of us are alone in our struggles, and that we all share things in common! If we choose to....we can accomplish anything!
    Everyone who makes it another day, should be proud of themself!

Registered User BrosephGoebbels's Avatar
    BrosephGoebbels is not very helpful. (-500) BrosephGoebbels is not very helpful. (-500) BrosephGoebbels is not very helpful. (-500) BrosephGoebbels is not very helpful. (-500) BrosephGoebbels is not very helpful. (-500) BrosephGoebbels is not very helpful. (-500) BrosephGoebbels is not very helpful. (-500) BrosephGoebbels is not very helpful. (-500) BrosephGoebbels is not very helpful. (-500) BrosephGoebbels is not very helpful. (-500) BrosephGoebbels is not very helpful. (-500)
    Does gambling count?
    ***u gotta get tryceps or elce u cnt bench good and doin squats will make u feel like your walking on clouds wen u run *** Richard FB crew

Originally Posted by Aldito View Post
    Does gambling count?
    Its an addiction that can detroy your personal life as much as an any drug can as well!! If its an addiction that has consumed your life...then of course it counts!

tahrga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Yo, me too

Boy, am I ever glad I found this thread. I’m a recovering alcoholic, too.
    I haven’t had a single drink since I found this thread some two weeks ago.
    I am working out like crazy now… almost every day. Overtraining even, maybe.
    I think I enjoy working out more than I enjoy drinking.
    My natural state is/was ‘intoxicated’ for the past 10 years or so.
    Daily drinking, mostly.
    Intoxicated was how I liked myself the most.
    Now, I’m finding myself too fatigued to drink.
    Plus, the endorphins are way better than the alcohol.
    I think this is sort of a lateral move for me. Substituting one addiction for another.
    Maybe this is one step forward, two steps back.
    I went to AA a long time ago. I had some bad experiences there.
    But anyhow, I learned to take from the Big Book the helpful things, and forget the rest.
    I also read some Hazelden books every now and then.
    I had a subscription to “The Grapevine” for 2 years. Very helpful.
    Reading about peers’ stories is beneficial for me.
    Thanks, y’all.

tahrga (Johnny)

Originally Posted by tahrga View Post
    Daily drinking, mostly.
    I think this is sort of a lateral move for me. Substituting one addiction for another.
    But anyhow, I learned to take from the Big Book the helpful things, and forget the rest.
    Thanks, y’all.

tahrga (Johnny)
    I hear ya on the trading one addiction for another.I do not think you should look at it as a lateral move.It is definetly an advancement in my oppinion.Anyone with an addictive personality will eventually find a replacement for their removed addiction/pattern,be it good,or bad.I personaly have traded in old ones for new ones many times.Drugs,alcohol,work,women,physical possesions,hobby's,etc...etc...
    This is the only thing that I have found that seems to completely satisfy the addictive nature of being.If this ends up being my only vice for the rest of my life,(which I hope it is) then I can be completely fine with that.At least I'm no longer on a path of self destruction,and I can set a good example for my son,and hopefully steer him clear of the paths that I took.Plus I'm going to be healthy,and eventually be frickin' jacked,lol.
    Been completely clean,eating clean,and in the gym 3-4 nights a week for a little over 3 months now,and I'm not even trying to look back.
    Best of luck to you,and I wish you continued success in your soberiety.

Originally Posted by tahrga View Post
    Daily drinking, mostly.
    Thanks, y’all.

tahrga (Johnny)
    Lifting and working out itself is a healthy way to live and things in your life differently. But it will not change the person that you are as an alcoholic. You should really remember to identify with why you drank in the first place, and realize that there are underlying issues that you have to become willing to face and accept, otherwise even working out wont stop you from doing the things that you want to do.
    Working out is healthy...and it has a good goal orientated accomplishments. But never forget that you are an addict...once you are one, you will forever be one, and for the rest of your life you will have to on a daily basis do self checks, do inventories, make amends(to others and ourself), and most of all make changes in your life that you will benefit and learn from.
    Keep up the good work in the gym, but do not forget you are sober...and you have a lot of work to do in better understanding your life as an alcoholic. Do not deny yourself the chance to learn from yourself. In our lives...we have choices and consequences, and the free will choose what is right and what is wrong! Make the choices that will help you live a more fulfilling life...and something like lifting and working out will only add to that fulfillment. Best to you!

I always try and tell people that we can't change the past, but we are responsible for what we do and the decisions we make in life. Instead of trying to forget our pasts, we can take those regrets and those shames and put them to better use. Use them as a motivational factor to not make those bad decisions in life again, and use them as a guide on how to live our life to progress the right direction. Hitting rock bottom isnt a way to live life, and speaking from experience is not a way you have to live either! There is a community of people who have been there too...just know that you are not alone in your struggles, and people who try and give it everything they have....do succeed! I'm not saying it will be easy....I'm only saying it will be worth it!
    Choices and Consequences!!

Unhappy Aw man

Aw man, I was not keeping up with this thread lately. Drank a six pack tonight.
    I've got some vicious wicked cravings on Fridays. Perhaps I shoulda made
    a candlelight meeting somewhere near. I might need to rejoin the gym itself
    to get me over this. I've got some deep, underlying issues with me, or something.
    Men around me are almost drinking buddies. I've come to the conclusion,
    that after 2 six packs, i think i'm homo. And that is a sad confession for me to make.
    in the big book, it talks about coming clean on sexuality, and i think i've been missing
    the point for some times. i hope i don't freak anyone out. btw, i've been to jail before.

Originally Posted by sgt_kelly View Post
    I always try and tell people that we can't change the past, but we are responsible for what we do and the decisions we make in life.
    "We will not regret the past, nor wish to shut the door on it."

I think most of us will agree that there's a lot we can take from our past experiences, no matter how bad they have been.

Life is by no means perfect, but it's getting better. I'm still an addict, always will be. At least for the time being I've traded a needle and a bottle for a barbell and an xbox
    Disregard Taco Bell, Acquire Filiberto's.

this is true

i guess this is an advancement. over a merely lateral move. especially adding in, and counting hobbies that pop up.
    i sometimes felt that alcoholism and bodybuilding were two sides of the same coin.
    maybe when i was in a cynical, pessimistic mood.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast