Mean, Lean & Clean Inc. WhiteCollarBoy's Avatar
    WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How do you transition from the cut diet to "normal eating"?

I have a few weeks left on the cut diet (not competing, just nearing my desired goal/bodyfat level) and I'd like to know how I should transition back into a moderate carb/protein/fat diet.

Obviously I'd take care not to increase calories too much too soon, but in terms of carbs, can I simply just start eating them again? Like, have oats for breakfast, a turkey sandwich for my mid-morning snack, sweet potato and steak tips for dinner, etc? Or is there a more specific, gradual approach for carb re-introduction post Cut Diet?

For the next 3-4 weeks, I'll be on the Cut Diet 1800. I started with 2700 cals. I was thinking of doing something like 2000 calories, 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat to ease myself into bulking, then gradually increase my calories back to 2700 and on over the course of 6-8 weeks.
    "The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind."

willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My take on a successful transition from a cut diet to a bulking diet or even a maintenance diet is to keep the basics down and add more carbohydrates and fat. Maybe lower the protein a little. Eat like you normally would, if you ate 3 meals before you started teh cut diet then try to improve on where you left off before starting a diet. For example a cut diet consistis of 6-7 meals, stick with 6 meals and add carbs every other meal and skip the refeed. I am just saying whats on my mind, I have not done a full cut diet.

Mean, Lean & Clean Inc. WhiteCollarBoy's Avatar
    WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WhiteCollarBoy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by willsong View Post
    My take on a successful transition from a cut diet to a bulking diet or even a maintenance diet is to keep the basics down and add more carbohydrates and fat. Maybe lower the protein a little. Eat like you normally would, if you ate 3 meals before you started teh cut diet then try to improve on where you left off before starting a diet. For example a cut diet consistis of 6-7 meals, stick with 6 meals and add carbs every other meal and skip the refeed. I am just saying whats on my mind, I have not done a full cut diet.
    LOL...anybody who has DONE the cut diet and transitioned, please respond.

Thanks for the reply, but I need a more serious and experienced response from someone who has transitioned.
    "The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind."

Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WhiteCollarBoy View Post
    LOL...anybody who has DONE the cut diet and transitioned, please respond.

Thanks for the reply, but I need a more serious and experienced response from someone who has transitioned.
    Waddup buddy..

I have been on the cut diet for quite sometime and have switched back and forth. You should isolate your carbs to breakfast only, and have meals 2-6 veggies and fats. For the second week, add in carbs to meal 2, and then 3-6 veggies and fats. week 3 add in carbs to first half of the days meals, then fats and veggies from there on in. See the trend?!?!

Hope this helps.

Later buddy.
    Team Scivation Member- What I like to call "Culking"...cutting while bulking ;)

Rippin' the CHA diet...u know it's gonna be a sh*t show!!!

The question is not whether or not the smith machine is effective, the real question is are you eating enough for it to be effective? -me

Xtend is the Greatest Scivation's Avatar
    Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WhiteCollarBoy View Post
    I have a few weeks left on the cut diet (not competing, just nearing my desired goal/bodyfat level) and I'd like to know how I should transition back into a moderate carb/protein/fat diet.

Obviously I'd take care not to increase calories too much too soon, but in terms of carbs, can I simply just start eating them again? Like, have oats for breakfast, a turkey sandwich for my mid-morning snack, sweet potato and steak tips for dinner, etc? Or is there a more specific, gradual approach for carb re-introduction post Cut Diet?

For the next 3-4 weeks, I'll be on the Cut Diet 1800. I started with 2700 cals. I was thinking of doing something like 2000 calories, 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat to ease myself into bulking, then gradually increase my calories back to 2700 and on over the course of 6-8 weeks.
    This is answered in the very last paragraph in the book.
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On
    ********: http://www.********.com/scivation
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/scivation

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Scivation View Post
    This is answered in the very last paragraph in the book.
    Here ya go:

What To Do AFTER The Show

After the show, the diet must change to a more balanced/lifestyle approach to get you back to your maintenance calories or gradually get you to the caloric intake for your next goals without the DRASTIC BLOAT or severe weight gain. What we recommend is gradually adding 200 calories per day for a week on workout days and 100 calories per day for a week on non-workout days. Then each week add another 100 calories to workout days and 100 calories every other week on non-workout days until you reach your desired maintenance caloric intake. These calories can come from lean protein (one to three servings), healthy fats (one to two servings) and good carbohydrates (one to three servings). When adding in carbohydrates, start with breakfast first and gradually add carbs up to meal three, then meals four and on should be vegetables, protein and fat. When you reach your desired caloric intake for your next goal, your non-workout day calories should be 400-600 calories less than your workout day calories and your carbohydrates should be reduced as well on this day.

soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Here ya go:

What To Do AFTER The Show

After the show, the diet must change to a more balanced/lifestyle approach to get you back to your maintenance calories or gradually get you to the caloric intake for your next goals without the DRASTIC BLOAT or severe weight gain. What we recommend is gradually adding 200 calories per day for a week on workout days and 100 calories per day for a week on non-workout days. Then each week add another 100 calories to workout days and 100 calories every other week on non-workout days until you reach your desired maintenance caloric intake. These calories can come from lean protein (one to three servings), healthy fats (one to two servings) and good carbohydrates (one to three servings). When adding in carbohydrates, start with breakfast first and gradually add carbs up to meal three, then meals four and on should be vegetables, protein and fat. When you reach your desired caloric intake for your next goal, your non-workout day calories should be 400-600 calories less than your workout day calories and your carbohydrates should be reduced as well on this day.
    This is what I was looking for...
    Bodybuilding Is The Closest Thing We Have To The Fountain Of Youth. Lee Labrada