Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    hey sammy - hope all is well today. keep bringin the goodz !
    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    conquering in Jesus Name !
    =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000)
    So for an update on the TBD meal #4, I had dinner with some peeps from work after a meeting. Now I thought I was pretty mentally prepared...feeling good, staying strong. Then I indulged a bit with some more of my old "friends"....margaritas and nachos. I tried to recover a little by getting some fish and avoiding the 5 fricken desserts that arrived to the table. That part was easy since a sweet tooth is really not my problem. So I got home, recognized I still had my 5th meal, and stuck to the whey and almonds.

I also got my cals cut to 1150 since the scale was a bastard last week even though the measurements all stayed the same and the bodyfat was about the same. For some reason, this really didn't bother me today. Didn't get hungry between meals....at all. So we'll see. I'm less worried about the meal plan structure and more worried about the social stuff I've got tomorrow and this weekend. I'm mentally preparing so that I can be successful, and then I think I'll be more confident in my ability to avoid temptation a little better.

Today was Arm Day:
    Barbell Bicep curl: 1x8@50, 1x10 @45, 1x10 @50 (I was a little happier that I got to 10 since the 1st set of 8 was really hard)
    Close Grip Bench: 1x10 @65, 1x10 @70, 1x 10 @75
    DB Curl: 3x10 @20's (I was a wuss, I should have gone heavier on the last set...but I was getting a little irritated that all the dumbbells were not to be seen)
    Skull Crushers: 1x10 @35, 1x6 @ 50 ( this almost resulted in me crushing my skull), 1 x10 @45 (but then for some reason dropping just 5 lbs made this do-able...WTF)
    Cable Curl: 1x8 @32.5, 1x6 @32.5, 1x10 @27.5 (This whole series blew...not happy and the second 2 set were ridiculously tough)
    Tricep Pushdowns: 1x10 @37.5, 1x10 @47.5, 1x10 @45.7 ( a little redemption to balance out the damn cable curls).
    Barbell Forearm Curls: 1x10 @30, 1x10 @ 50, 1x10 @70
    DB Forearm Curls: 1x10 @20s, 1x10 @25s, 1x10 @20 (the little guys were spent...I had to drop it to the 20s)

Cardio was 30 min of LISS on the elliptical.

Tunes of Day: "Fantastic Voyage" by Coolio and "You Really Got Me" by Van Halen

Eats:
    1: Eggs, almonds, grapefruit
    2: Sludge with blueberries and PB
    3: Turkey, green beans, almonds
    4: Whey, almonds
    5: Grilled Sirloin, asparagus, 2/3 cup of brown rice, EVOO
    No excuses, just performance...

My Trip with SciVation: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115598021

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Could you possibly bring your food to the social gatherings this weekend?

Or eat beforehand and then nibble on veggies or something while you're there...

Friends are a lot more understand about diets and training stuff than we may give them credit for.

If all else fails, play Miley to clear out the room...then eat your own food.
    Last edited by jaim91; 04-23-2009 at 05:23 PM.
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Strong close grip bench!!

I can totally sympathize on the social gathering thing. I have a lot of trouble when it comes to going out with my friends moreso with alcohol than the eating part but alcohol leads to eating so its never good. I keep almonds in my purse now if the urge really hits. Also, I try to plan my meals so that I wont set myself up for being starving and not having anything with me so you would be bound to eat the nearest greasy food. If you do end up needing to eat out which isnt always a bad thing, just try to get something CHA friendly......chicken, fish, even if you get a burger, it wouldnt be too bad. Just get it without cheese and dont eat the bun.
    Come check out my journal!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114872271

'If it was easy, everyone would do it. The HARD....is what makes it great"
    ----A League of Their Own

"Be who you are and say what you mean because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -----Dr. Suess

KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looks like you like the sludge too!!! MMMMMMMM SLUDGEEEEEE

Kick ass arm workout, you will have huge pipes in no time, keep killing it!!1

By the way is there a reason you only eat 5 meals instead of 6, just wondering???

rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    solid routuine sammy - !
    keep on keepin on >>>
    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000)

Cheers for the little victories

So......today was the first in the series of social gatherings. This one was a work happy hour that I had to attend. These things are usually a veritable hotbed of all things non-Scivation CHA 1150 diet for me.

But I was very, very well-behaved. I had 12 small blue point oysters with loads of tabasco and lemon juice, one club soda, and water. And that was it for there. Considering there were piles of fried calamari, and burgers, and beer, and all of my favorite other beverages, this was a winner.

Eats for the Day:
    1: eggs, almonds, an apple
    2: grapefruit, whey, almonds
    3: Sirloin, asparagus, almonds
    4: Sludge with PB, and 1/2 cup of oatmeal all mixed together (PWO)
    5: Turkey, green beans, and almonds + happy hour oysters

Workout: HIIT on the bike for 15 min, followed by 30 min of LISS.

Tunes of the Day: "Taking Care of Business" by BTO and "Shut Up and Drive" by Rhianna

Originally Posted by jaim91 View Post
    Could you possibly bring your food to the social gatherings this weekend?

Or eat beforehand and then nibble on veggies or something while you're there...

Friends are a lot more understand about diets and training stuff than we may give them credit for.

If all else fails, play Miley to clear out the room...then eat your own food.
    LOL!!!! Love the Miley suggestion; she annoys me to no end. But at least on the show "The Soup" they make fun of her all the time so I get some enjoyment out of her.

Regarding the social gathering this weekend, it is a 2 day Indian wedding. The good news is that it is a dry wedding so I don't have to stare at everyone enjoying their wine or scotch on the rocks and figuring out how to avoid it. This will also keep me from thinking I can dance...so this is the best deal ever! The downside is, naturally, the carb-laden foods I enjoy. But the best feature of this weekend is that I'm staying apparently in this 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen....so I'm bringing all my food and cooking it up SK style. So I think I'll be able to get through this one a-ok.

In regards to the friends being more supportive than I give them credit for, you are probably right. I have some very long-standing habits of being very cautious and guarded when it comes to giving most people any leverage to identify kinks in my armor. I've got some good ones who are great at tolerating my idiosyncrasies, and I've had some that just don't get it and make it very challenging to stay the course. I've had to "take a break" from one in particular in the last couple months, and so that stays relatively fresh in my mind. But your advice comes at a good time, and serves as a good reminder that I need to temper my initial tendencies and perhaps continue to look for this thing called moderation....I've heard of it, I just am not very good at it. But I can try...
    Originally Posted by Kai2008 View Post
    Strong close grip bench!!

I can totally sympathize on the social gathering thing. I have a lot of trouble when it comes to going out with my friends moreso with alcohol than the eating part but alcohol leads to eating so its never good. I keep almonds in my purse now if the urge really hits. Also, I try to plan my meals so that I wont set myself up for being starving and not having anything with me so you would be bound to eat the nearest greasy food. If you do end up needing to eat out which isnt always a bad thing, just try to get something CHA friendly......chicken, fish, even if you get a burger, it wouldnt be too bad. Just get it without cheese and dont eat the bun.
    The alcohol thing kills me. And it is insane, because I can go for months at a stretch and not drink at all. And all it takes is a couple drinks and then it is bring on the buffalo wings. So oddly, alcohol is kind of a gateway drug for me. So I just have to be careful, because it tends to be a little of a slippery slope. My tendency tends to be..."well, we already consumed this...might as well enjoy the trip then.." Again....moderation....not a strong point of mine, yet.

Originally Posted by KennyForbes View Post
    Looks like you like the sludge too!!! MMMMMMMM SLUDGEEEEEE

Kick ass arm workout, you will have huge pipes in no time, keep killing it!!1

By the way is there a reason you only eat 5 meals instead of 6, just wondering???
    I swear I have some muscle in the pipes...I just gotta lean em up so I can see it!

I eat 5 because that's what my plan from Derek tells me to do on the 1150 CHA. And oddly....no headaches, no hunger pains.... I have to force myself to eat every 3 hours which is odd for me considering I'm not that hungry. But I did things my way for 31 years, and I think I can do better and I'm curious to see what is lurking under the 30 years worth of winter coats for the extended hibernation phase of life. So I'm up for trying Derek's way and seeing just what can be possible.

Originally Posted by rockeo View Post
    solid routuine sammy - !
    keep on keepin on >>>
    Thanks much Rock! I will admit, every time I see your journal it reminds me of the song Planet Rock by Afrika Bombaataa.

My Trip with SciVation: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115598021

hey sammy - good job staying on track with all that food there. also, ur food is on point nice & tight and awesome work in there with ur looong cardio. ur rockin this for sure .

ahhh yeah a little freestyle u mentioned ( Planet Rock by Afrika Bombaataa ). thats a friggin great song, now i must go listen to it - thanx for bringin that up.
    enjoy ur weekend !
    edit: do u live in the city or upstate if u dont mind me asking ??
    Last edited by rockeo; 04-23-2009 at 07:45 PM.
    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sammykapp View Post
    In regards to the friends being more supportive than I give them credit for, you are probably right. I have some very long-standing habits of being very cautious and guarded when it comes to giving most people any leverage to identify kinks in my armor.
    My biggest fear = Vulnerability...why are we such twins...?

1 Social gathering down = ACED IT!!! 2 to go hun!!!
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

- Jillian Michaels -

Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kai2008 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice job at the Happy Hour!!!! I am VERY impressed and it sounds like you're ready to conquer this wedding. WTG!!!!!!!!!

"Be who you are and say what you mean because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -----Dr. Suess

Leg Day

Today was leg day. Got a little late of a start on it since I had to go shopping for clothes to wear to this wedding shin dig, and since I'm the biggest procrastinator when it comes to shopping I went today.

Edit: Tunes of the Day-- We Run This by Missy Elliot and Bamboo Bangra by M.I.A
    Legs:
    Smith Squat: 1x10 @125, 1x10 @135, 1x10 @ 155 (I think my form suffered a little on the last set though, my bad)
    SLDL: 1x10 @95, 1x10 @115, 1x 10 @ 135 (I figured why not see what I could do, and I got in all 10)
    Leg Press: 1x10 @ 180, 1x10 @ 230, 1x10 @ 270
    Laying Leg Curl: 1x10 @ 80, 1x7 @ 90, 1x 9 @ 85 (I have found an exercise nemesis....I can't figure out why this one is so ridiculously tough but it ticks me off)
    Leg Extensions: 1x10@90, 1x10 @ 105, 1x 10 @ 130
    Seated Leg Curls: 1x10 @100, 1x10 @115, 1x10 @ 120
    Seated Calf Raises: 1x10 @90, 1x10 @ 150 (had to switch machines to the HS), 1x8 @200
    Standing Calf Raise: 3x10 @160

Eats:
    2: Sludge with Almond Butter and blueberries
    5: Salmon, 2/3 cup brown rice, green beans, almonds

My biggest fear = Vulnerability...why are we such twins...?

1 Social gathering down = ACED IT!!! 2 to go hun!!!
    I have no idea why or how we are such twins....probably because we are THAT COOL!!!!
    Or something like that. One of my besties back when we first knew each other told me I was the most guarded person he had ever met. Maybe I will show you my sash and my crown someday for winning such a dubious honor. He will acknowledge now that I have come a very long way. But in either case, if we are such twins...then that is one of the best compliments I have gotten in a long time 'cause I've been so impressed by you more than words could say...and I don't get wow'd by too many people.

Nice job at the Happy Hour!!!! I am VERY impressed and it sounds like you're ready to conquer this wedding. WTG!!!!!!!!!
    I got my salmon all cooked up and ready to go into a cooler for transport tomorrow. With all the stuff I'm bringing, someone might think I was going away for a week rather than 36 hours.

hey sammy - good job staying on track with all that food there. also, ur food is on point nice & tight and awesome work in there with ur looong cardio. ur rockin this for sure .

ahhh yeah a little freestyle u mentioned ( Planet Rock by Afrika Bombaataa ). thats a friggin great song, now i must go listen to it - thanx for bringin that up.
    enjoy ur weekend !
    edit: do u live in the city or upstate if u dont mind me asking ??
    Good to see you came by...Rock-- the Casbah. I actually live about 1/2 hour outside of the city...right on the border of Queens and Long Island. It is awesome as far as locations go. I've been a bit of a traveler in the US for school; I grew up in Minnesota on a farm before I went to the West Coast for school. The east coast is better for my personality, so it is all good.
    Last edited by sammykapp; 04-24-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Today was leg day. Got a little late of a start on it since I had to go shopping for clothes to wear to this wedding shin dig, and since I'm the biggest procrastinator when it comes to shopping I went today.

Legs:
    Smith Squat: 1x10 @125, 1x10 @135, 1x10 @ 155 (I think my form suffered a little on the last set though, my bad)
    SLDL: 1x10 @95, 1x10 @115, 1x 10 @ 135 (I figured why not see what I could do, and I got in all 10)
    Leg Press: 1x10 @ 180, 1x10 @ 230, 1x10 @ 270
    Laying Leg Curl: 1x10 @ 80, 1x7 @ 90, 1x 9 @ 85 (I have found an exercise nemesis....I can't figure out why this one is so ridiculously tough but it ticks me off)
    Leg Extensions: 1x10@90, 1x10 @ 105, 1x 10 @ 130
    Seated Leg Curls: 1x10 @100, 1x10 @115, 1x10 @ 120
    Seated Calf Raises: 1x10 @90, 1x10 @ 150 (had to switch machines to the HS), 1x8 @200
    Standing Calf Raise: 3x10 @160

Eats:
    2: Sludge with Almond Butter and blueberries
    5: Salmon, 2/3 cup brown rice, green beans, almonds

I have no idea why or how we are such twins....probably because we are THAT COOL!!!!
    Or something like that. One of my besties back when we first knew each other told me I was the most guarded person he had ever met. Maybe I will show you my sash and my crown someday for winning such a dubious honor. He will acknowledge now that I have come a very long way. But in either case, if we are such twins...then that is one of the best compliments I have gotten in a long time 'cause I've been so impressed by you more than words could say...and I don't get wow'd by too many people.

I got my salmon all cooked up and ready to go into a cooler for transport tomorrow. With all the stuff I'm bringing, someone might think I was going away for a week rather than 36 hours.

Good to see you came by...Rock-- the Casbah. I actually live about 1/2 hour outside of the city...right on the border of Queens and Long Island. It is awesome as far as locations go. I've been a bit of a traveler in the US for school; I grew up in Minnesota on a farm before I went to the West Coast for school. The east coast is better for my personality, so it is all good.
    rock the casbrah u crack me up. yes east coast ftw but west coast is nice for vaca. i am 20 mins from the city myself.
    great crazzee w/o u busted out - i like. hope the weekend is a good one & have Fun hehehee !
    Last edited by rockeo; 04-24-2009 at 07:20 PM.
    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

One of my besties back when we first knew each other told me I was the most guarded person he had ever met.
    Am I to assume you also have more guy best friends than girls? Wow...we're getting a little twilight zone-ish up in hizzere.

However, you squatted 155...you friggin' beast. BEAST! You hear...B-E-A-S-T-!!!

Wowza.

G'luck with th eats this weekend hun! STAY STRONG!

- Jillian Michaels -

Am I to assume you also have more guy best friends than girls? Wow...we're getting a little twilight zone-ish up in hizzere.

However, you squatted 155...you friggin' beast. BEAST! You hear...B-E-A-S-T-!!!

Wowza.

G'luck with th eats this weekend hun! STAY STRONG!
    (Slowly backing away from the computer as the theme from the Twilight Zone starts to play) I have got some girls in the classification, but the dudes outnumber them.... If I find out your favorite color is blue...then we may never be allowed to be in the same vicinity as the universe would likely implode. Un-fricken-believable.

Again, I think some old habits crept into the last set. I used to be a notorious "cheater" on squats. I did front squats, tried using no weight on the bar, trying different stances, etc for a year in college because one of my coaches decided I needed to get it fixed. Eventually I got pissed and just did what was comfortable and allowed me to get to parallel, but I always have to monitor b/c I tend to lean forward a bit. I am glad I got my cardio in last night, because I wasn't as sore today as I thought I might be...guess I didn't push it as hard as I should have on the workout. Next time.

I have my dime bags of whey all packed up.... I'll keep ya'll posted.

Shoulders:
    DB Military Press: 1x10 @ 25s, 2x10 @ 30s
    DB Shrug: 1x10 @ 40's 1x10 2 45s, 1x10 @ 50s
    DB Side lateral: 2x10 @10s, 1x10 @ 12s
    Reverse Pec Dec: 1x10 @60, 1x10 @65, 1x10 @70
    1 arm Cable lateral raise: 3x10 @ 10
    Bent Over DB lateral raise: 1x10 @ 10s, then dropped to 5s for 2x10s to try to get a better ROM

Abs: Decline Crunch 3x20
    Back Extension 1x10 @ 130, 2x10 @145
    Leg Raises 3x20
    Torso Twists 2x20
    Cardio: 30 minutes LISS on the elliptical

Meals:
    1: whey, almonds
    2: apple, eggs, oatmeal (PWO)
    3: Whey, almonds, blue berries
    4: TBD-likely salmon, green beans
    5: TBD

Gtg...not coming in this thread anymore.

Blue FTW (Robin's egg/sky)

- Jillian Michaels -

If I say red instead....maybe you'll be able to return. Oh...I say red then.

If I say red instead....maybe you'll be able to return. Oh...I say red then.
    Don't go changin'....just to please me...

(Were you going to say sky blue too, or navy, aqua, teal?)

P.S. Your military presses are impressive...(i used the word "press" twice there...)

- Jillian Michaels -

And now you're quoting my man Billy Joel...... now it's in my head.

Blue is def my favorite color....I like a good royal, but I have shirts in a number of variations of the color. Sky, navy, etc.

I honestly think my shoulders are one of my weaker workout days. They have a ways to go. But then...so does everything else, I just think they're having a slower time getting to the party.

whats goin on up in here tonight - i see only good thing
    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

I honestly think my shoulders are one of my weaker workout days. They have a ways to go. But then...so does everything else, I just think they're having a slower time getting to the party.
    Shoulders = Designated driver...

If you're a big time procrastinator (but still did relatively well in school), then Ima have to ask you to take some sort of genetic test...and then sit my mom down and have the "What did you REALLY do in the 60s?" talk....

P.S. OH OH OH!!! Good test of "twin-ship" - Have you ever seen/heard of "To Wong Foo, thanks for everything. Julie Newmar"??

- Jillian Michaels -

YOWZAS.....those are some kickass leg and shoulder workouts. Crazy strong #s even on all the shoulder stuff!!!!!!!!!!! I am speechless!!!!! This is going to be my motivator now in the gym

-----Dr. Suess

whats goin on up in here tonight - i see only good thing
    You are too kind...you are a rock..you are an island.

Shoulders = Designated driver...

If you're a big time procrastinator (but still did relatively well in school), then Ima have to ask you to take some sort of genetic test...and then sit my mom down and have the "What did you REALLY do in the 60s?" talk....

P.S. OH OH OH!!! Good test of "twin-ship" - Have you ever seen/heard of "To Wong Foo, thanks for everything. Julie Newmar"??
    Designated Drivers.....too funny. Ima keep that in mind.

Um...so.....I have the lab tech coming by my place at 2pm on Tuesday for the blood draw to confirm my genetic makeup. Let me know how the talk with your moms goes because someone, somewhere has got some explaining to do.

PSS. Yes. Please Patrick Swayze, Wesley Snipes, and John Leg in drag.....curiousity gets the best of me. Have you see the Birdcage? "Martha Graham, Martha Graham, Twyla, Twlya, Madonna, Madonna...it is an eclectic celebration of a dance...but you keep it inside...."

YOWZAS.....those are some kickass leg and shoulder workouts. Crazy strong #s even on all the shoulder stuff!!!!!!!!!!! I am speechless!!!!! This is going to be my motivator now in the gym
    I told you...I keep an eye on you to keep me from slacking the numbers on my end. I have got my 4 set week this week, so we'll see what happens. I have my list of peeps I check out the numbers on, and then keep that very fresh in my mind as I workout. For me, it is all about being able to hang with the strong kids someday...and there are some people with some monster workouts....

So Wedding extravaganza day 1 went great! Aside from being almost stuck on the NJ Turnpike and almost being late, everything went without a hitch. Got my meals in before the ceremony, and then had no rice or bread but some chicken, goat, and lots of okra and cucumber salad. It def helped that they brought the spicy edge, otherwise this would have been tough. I managed to walk through the dessert lane without have any of it, despite my friends who thought I should split some red velvet cake. I had a final temptation before I went to bed because we came back to the suite, and it was time for cocktails---which I again declined. Other than a few "really, are you sure you don't want to have one? Please?" I was able to keep it together. After I explained that I'm trying to stay solid, I got some props and they let me have a tonic water instead. The friends are doing there thing, I think it is just hard for them to kind of get around the new changes since they are pretty different from the old way of doing things. But nothing motivates like success, and since finally this week almost every measurement went down it is worth staying to course.

Final day of the food temptation weekend...

Um...so.....I have the lab tech coming by my place at 2pm on Tuesday for the blood draw to confirm my genetic makeup. Let me know how the talk with your moms goes because someone, somewhere has got some explaining to do.
    Lucy....

PSS. Yes. Please Patrick Swayze, Wesley Snipes, and John Leg in drag.....curiousity gets the best of me. Have you see the Birdcage? "Martha Graham, Martha Graham, Twyla, Twlya, Madonna, Madonna...it is an eclectic celebration of a dance...but you keep it inside...."
    Wow...

I need my PIRIN tablets...this is just too crazy.

(Diane Weiss was A++ and 2 gold stars in that role)

Final day of the food temptation weekend...
    I have a VERY good feeling it ain't even gonna phase you...

- Jillian Michaels -

Last day of food and festivity temptation-- Killed it. No sugary beverages, no rice, no bread. Not a single dessert. Just meat and Vegetables at the reception. Plus a good amount of dancing...no matter how hard I tried to not. It was a successful event all the way around.

Oh and agreed on the A++ and 2 gold stars. To continue that reference....if you've seen Parenthood with her and Steve Martin and many other notables.....now that will be beyond freaky.

Last day of food and festivity temptation-- Killed it. No sugary beverages, no rice, no bread. Not a single dessert. Just meat and Vegetables at the reception. Plus a good amount of dancing...no matter how hard I tried to not. It was a successful event all the way around.

Oh and agreed on the A++ and 2 gold stars. To continue that reference....if you've seen Parenthood with her and Steve Martin and many other notables.....now that will be beyond freaky.
    hey sweetie
    great job on staying strong ( thats alot of foodie temptaion ) & u rocked it. it only gets easier. oh - how come every time i come in here i feel like im trippin haha!
    so i think pix of this dancing may need to be posted ! but yea dancin ur booty off is awesome fun cardio !
    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Mary Steenburgen bugs the CRAP outta me, but I've seen every movie Dianne has ever been in (I am Sam & Edward Scissorhands FTW!)...So ya, saw Parenthood (but when I was older, as I think I was under 5 when it came out...)

Congrats on PWN'ing the social gathering!!! Knew ya would!

- Jillian Michaels -

KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50) KennyForbes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Way to resist temptation girl, that's the hardest and also resisting people's opinions on why you can't just have a little, I hate that!!! If I were a vegetarian or diabetic no one would question, but if it's because of training and being healthy it's always an issue!!!!

You rock girl, what's in store for the beautiful Monday???

Great job this weekend!! You are a better woman than I, did you even have a cheat over the weekend??? Enjoy the fat burning bliss of the 4 set week....you got this!

-----Dr. Suess

Baby Got Back Day

So today is Back/Chest Day. 4 set week.
    Deadlifts: 1x10 @135, 1x10@ 155, 1x8@175, 1x6 @195
    Cable Rows: 1x10 @75, 1x10 @ 90, 1x10 @ 105, 1x6 @120
    DB Bench Press: 1x10 @ 25s, 1x10 @ 35s, 1x10@ 40s, 1x8 @40s
    Lat Pulldownns: 1x10 @70, 1x10 @85, 1x10 @100, 1x8 @115
    DB Incline Press: 1x10 @25's, 1x10 @ 30s, 1x10@25s, 1x10 @ 25s (30s were nowhere to be found)
    Straight Arm Pulldown: 1x10 @45, 1x8 @ 50, 2x10 @ 45
    Seated Dip Machine: 1x10 @ 110, 1x10 @ 125, 1x10 @155, 1x5 @ 170--then 1 @ 155 to complete 6

Cardio: 30 minutes of LISS on the elliptical
    Tunes o' the Day: Poison by Bell Biv Devoe, You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC, and Push It by Salt and Pepa.

Eats: 1: Eggs, Grapefruit
    2: Sludge w/ Blueberries and PB
    3: Grilled Chicken Salad, avacado
    5: Grilled Chicken, green beans, almonds, oatmeal (PWO)

hey sweetie
    great job on staying strong ( thats alot of foodie temptaion ) & u rocked it. it only gets easier. oh - how come every time i come in here i feel like im trippin haha!
    so i think pix of this dancing may need to be posted ! but yea dancin ur booty off is awesome fun cardio !
    HA! Nice try. This was a dry wedding, so I was with it to know where any videographers or photogs might be lurking to catch this and have bribed them as such. Rhythm is a Dancer, and sadly my name is not Rhythm. Unfortunately, dancing is not optional but mandatory at these things because they drag you literally onto the dance floor.

Mary Steenburgen bugs the CRAP outta me, but I've seen every movie Dianne has ever been in (I am Sam & Edward Scissorhands FTW!)...So ya, saw Parenthood (but when I was older, as I think I was under 5 when it came out...)

Congrats on PWN'ing the social gathering!!! Knew ya would!
    To clarify....I would under no circumstances tell anyone to watch a film based on Mary Steenbergen's performance because that actually qualifies as inhumane treatment under the Geneva Convention (its in the small print at the bottom). I'd never do that to you. Now to the boneheads in my gym who bump into me while I'm trying to keep from dropping a 40 lb dumbbell on my face during my bench press, that is another story but I haven't decided whether to go this route or the way of just dropping said dumbbell on their groin when I return the aforementioned DB to the rack. Time will tell.

Originally Posted by KennyForbes View Post
    Way to resist temptation girl, that's the hardest and also resisting people's opinions on why you can't just have a little, I hate that!!! If I were a vegetarian or diabetic no one would question, but if it's because of training and being healthy it's always an issue!!!!

You rock girl, what's in store for the beautiful Monday???
    Your support means a ton! It is challenging when it isn't because I don't enjoy eating good food or drinking adult beverages. And they know this..too well as they have seen me in action. But luckily, I am really stubborn at times and if they push the right buttons it serves as just enough motivation to keep me from slipping. Eventually they back off and sometimes they even show some respect for the discipline.

The weather here was beautiful!! Spring is finally here.. Too bad I was stuck at work during the morning...but I got out for lunch to eat outside. Hope you had a good afternoon by the sandbox getting a killer tan.

Great job this weekend!! You are a better woman than I, did you even have a cheat over the weekend??? Enjoy the fat burning bliss of the 4 set week....you got this!
    Not a chance am I a better woman. You may recall the earlier incident this week where I think that qualified as a definite cheat meal. So the weekend was my penance for that. I tell you though, I'm glad I got to jumpstart my workout a little earlier than usual as the gym was a madhouse and 4 sets would have been tricky. I'm watching your efforts as you bump up the weights on your 2 sets this week.........

To clarify....I would under no circumstances tell anyone to watch a film based on Mary Steenbergen's performance because that actually qualifies as inhumane treatment under the Geneva Convention (its in the small print at the bottom). I'd never do that to you. Now to the boneheads in my gym who bump into me while I'm trying to keep from dropping a 40 lb dumbbell on my face during my bench press, that is another story but I haven't decided whether to go this route or the way of just dropping said dumbbell on their groin when I return the aforementioned DB to the rack. Time will tell.
    Getting shot in the foot and having to reattach your toes with a set of pruning shears (I saw it on MacGuyver) > Watching Mary Steenburgen (even on mute).

I'd rather watch a Jason Biggs movie marathon.

P.S. You got me bumping my head to "Rhythm is a dancer...it's a source of madness..." Ugh...you'd totall love my Spin classes.

- Jillian Michaels -

Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast