Page 101 of 120 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 3571
    vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You always manage to amaze me with the amount you're lifting...

When did the 5/3/1 start?? I like it

Hmm magnum bench looks awesome... I don't have one of those...
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've have no experience with the program you're taking on, so it'll be fun to see you tackle it. Go hard Sammy!

doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ooooh, a new program! I'll be interested to see how you progress on this!

Thank you based god bballbrett5's Avatar
    bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    good deads. way to kill it!

MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Off to a good start I see! Git r dun!
    Team Amazon: Sisterhood of Iron

The myth that women should be weak is perpetuated by men who fear strong women and women who fear hard work.
    #selfcare #pickitup #putitdown

sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Workout: 5/3/1 Bench

Warm Up sets
    5 x 80
    5 x 95
    9 x 110

Magnum Bench Press: 35 per side x 12, 25 per side x 15 x 4
    1-arm DB Rows: 35 x 10, 40 x 10, 45 x 10 x 3

Cardio: 15 min MISS on the Bike

Notes: So far, for week 1 on 5/3/1, I like it! Just the paraphrased squat day left. My posterior chain and hams definitely got worked over on deadlift day, and I'm still working through some DOMS from that! Apparently not doing them for several months can do that to a person...

Originally Posted by adminJaxon View Post
    i'm with ya SK! My quads were way smaller and weaker before I introduced front smith squats and v-squats to my workouts. I was able to concentrate on pushing heavy weight without the need to balance too much. I saw a dude tonight almost kill himself and everyone around him tonight on the squat rack squatting too much and had horrible form. I almost felt like bolting after i saw the 300lbs wobble backward and forward !
    I have a bit/a lot of angst regarding squats. I really hate that I have never really gotten them down better after all this time, but I also realize that continuing to struggle through while everything else gets worked over enough to make progress while my quads get dwarfed by everything else doesn't help matters. Besides, my actual good mornings are better good mornings than the "squats I turn into good mornings" and are probably loads safer for me. I'd like to keep doing this for decades to come, and getting injured won't allow for that.
    Originally Posted by vanillabn View Post
    You always manage to amaze me with the amount you're lifting...

When did the 5/3/1 start?? I like it

Hmm magnum bench looks awesome... I don't have one of those...
    That goes right back at you. You are like half my size, and you lift a ridiculous amount of weight. You can reserve some of your amazement on squat day, I assure you that won't be setting any records.

I started 5/3/1 this week. I like it too.
    Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    I've have no experience with the program you're taking on, so it'll be fun to see you tackle it. Go hard Sammy!
    I like it so far! I'm really curious and excited to see what I can do with it. It definitely has potential to work me over.
    Originally Posted by doindbt View Post
    Ooooh, a new program! I'll be interested to see how you progress on this!
    You and me both! I want to see about making some improvements in this round.
    Originally Posted by bballbrett5 View Post
    good deads. way to kill it!
    My hams and lower back are feeling the effects, but in a good way. Maybe this will be the program that can get my dead numbers up more to a level that is acceptable if not to the level of my delusions of grandeur.
    Originally Posted by MoEcho View Post
    Off to a good start I see! Git r dun!
    No excuses, just performance...

My Trip with SciVation: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115598021

Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey Sammy!

I've come in at a good time to read about leg training...I'm in process of improving mine.
    Thanks always for your encoraging words!

Keep Working Hard!
    Enjoy your weekend!
    In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪

sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Workout: 5/3/1 Squats

Warm Up Sets
    5 x 65
    5 x 80
    10 x 90

Leg Press: 5 x 15 @ 180, 270, 360, 270, 270
    Leg Extensions: 5 x 10 @ 100, 105, 110, 110, 95

Cardio: 15 min random intervals on the stairmaster

Notes: Yes. It is true. I can bench more than I presently squat. What makes me laugh (because it is better than crying in the gym) is that my hamstrings are pumped after the 2nd warm up set. My quads, not so much. Today was a good example of rediscovering a trend I've known about myself for some time. I can crank out volume to a certain point, and then I hit a magical sticking point where my max effort/power area is not too far from it. It doesn't seem to be entirely a mental thing either from best I can tell and I am always on the lookout for when things can be headcase related.

The idea behind the accessory work is theoretically supposed to help develop whatever you need to develop. I need to find something that really can work over my quads in such a way that my hamstrings can't overcompensate for the relative quad weakness. This may mean front squats may find their way back; we'll see.
    Originally Posted by Buffycat3 View Post
    Hey Sammy!

I've come in at a good time to read about leg training...I'm in process of improving mine.
    Thanks always for your encoraging words!

Keep Working Hard!
    Enjoy your weekend!
    For me, my legs would be the bane of my existence if they weren't so helpful for getting me around from place to place! There is not really a rhyme or reason to how they managed to get to this point either....but one day, ONE DAY....they can at least be on par with everything else. They have size, not all of which is muscle sadly, and I think it clearly must be karma that I have a squat booty and yet do not squat well. Work in progress they are.

My Trip with SciVation: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115598021

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Those leg presses must have seemed like a breeze after the torturous sessions you used to put them through. For quad strength maybe it's just a matter of overload...throw heavy presses, extensions and step ups at them. I'm the opposite, my hammies suck...lol.

bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    so...who cares about legs anyway? it's not like anyone ever sees em

(just kidding i used to be the same way keep squattin)

whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sammykapp View Post
    Notes: Yes. It is true. I can bench more than I presently squat. What makes me laugh (because it is better than crying in the gym) is that my hamstrings are pumped after the 2nd warm up set. My quads, not so much. Today was a good example of rediscovering a trend I've known about myself for some time. I can crank out volume to a certain point, and then I hit a magical sticking point where my max effort/power area is not too far from it. It doesn't seem to be entirely a mental thing either from best I can tell and I am always on the lookout for when things can be headcase related.

The idea behind the accessory work is theoretically supposed to help develop whatever you need to develop. I need to find something that really can work over my quads in such a way that my hamstrings can't overcompensate for the relative quad weakness. This may mean front squats may find their way back; we'll see.
    LOL @ your bench higher than your squat. Thats like some powerlifters whose benches are higher than their pull.

If it is headcase related, all you have to do is hit yourself, kick something, or chalk something on yourself. Simple! Right?

Who cares about quads? What do they even do?
    **Scivation Athlete**
    www.scivation.com
    www.teamscivation.com

check my log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122734331
    Its better to be the hammer than the anvil.
    Grape xtend was my first love but...
    I'm an apple/blue raz xtend fiend.

5/3/1 Military Press #2

Warm Up sets
    3 x 50
    3 x 55
    8 x 65

Assisted Dips 5 x 15
    Assisted Chins/Pullups with varying grips ` x 12, 4 x 10

Cardio: 15 min randomness on the Stepmill

Those leg presses must have seemed like a breeze after the torturous sessions you used to put them through. For quad strength maybe it's just a matter of overload...throw heavy presses, extensions and step ups at them. I'm the opposite, my hammies suck...lol.
    Yes and no actually! Time wise...definitely! It definitely was quite an adjustment as I increased the weight though I noticed. I'd start putting on plates, thinking "come on...I did 160 for 4 minutes!!! Why not 360 for a measly 15????" But 360 is not the same or even a little the same as 160 I discovered...in that it is heavier

I think if I'm really going to go about this smart, I need to start really paying attention to what seems like it is working, and what really isn't. Even with the stuff I did on legs with the 5/3/1 by trying to focus a little more on the quad stuff, I'm not really sure I worked them over enough to feel really satisfied. I get plenty of posterior work with deadlift day, so I think I'm very justified in really trying to focus on the quad development. You might be right in that it is just going to take a lot of overload. After I get my feet wet in these first weeks of 5/3/1, I may change it up to front squats, drop set leg extensions, lunges...whatever it takes.

so...who cares about legs anyway? it's not like anyone ever sees em

(just kidding i used to be the same way keep squattin)
    Lol. I do keep them cloaked most of the time.

I'm working on it. I figure it is the Divine's way of keeping me humble. Or one of them.
    Originally Posted by whatnow5 View Post
    LOL @ your bench higher than your squat. Thats like some powerlifters whose benches are higher than their pull.

If it is headcase related, all you have to do is hit yourself, kick something, or chalk something on yourself. Simple! Right?

Who cares about quads? What do they even do?
    I'm definitely a disproportionate lifter! But at least my pull is stronger than my bench still.

I definitely work over the headcase issue. I like my music loud and I am often covered in chalk.

I'm not sure mine do much of anything. But I sadly care.....besides, I've seen yours so I'm pretty sure yours aren't lazy. Those tree trunks you sport are way too big to not do something!

aware me on 5/3/1...i thought that was the rep progression but all the people i see it are doing sets of 8 and 9. what gives?

annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) annemarie_DJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Enjoy the 5/3/1. I'm learning as I read. Sounds like alot of math to me. I'm sticking with my old school plan! haha But you are doing great! Strong like bull
    anne-marie

Scivation contest prep forum:

Spring 2011 contest prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=604035473#post604035473
    Spring 2010 contest prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=433766611#post433766611
    Spring 2009 contest prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=604035473

www.twitter.com/annebrugger

adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yes injuries indeed suck for progress i seem to learn that lesson every couple of years the hard way. however, I've tried to never neglect any body part....except abz it's good that you're incorporating them though and aiming to get better at them
    ajaxified!

TEAM NORTON

The aJax Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122912821

Bulking Journal
    http://forum.bodybuildingnotebook.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=9&#post9

keep track of your progress with a free online journal at www.BodyBuildingNotebook.com!

Workout: 5/3/1 Deadlifts #2

Warm Up Sets
    3 x 125
    3 x 145
    12 x 160

Good Mornings 5 x 12
    Various Ab work

Cardio: 15 min on the Elliptical

aware me on 5/3/1...i thought that was the rep progression but all the people i see it are doing sets of 8 and 9. what gives?
    So 5/3/1 is set up so that in the 4 week span in the first 3 weeks, for the last set you go "all out" to fatigue, etc for as many reps as you can muster. After warm ups, it is set to do 3 sets per workout. First week you do sets of 5, the second week has sets of 3, then 3rd week it is set of 5, then 3, then 1. The caveat is that on the last set, you do as many as you can with the week specified. The idea is to lend itself to continued progression with the idea that by increasing the reps you can accomplish you are still gaining strength. The 4th week is a deload, then you can start it all over again.

I was conservative in plugging in my max numbers, and the program is set up to be conservative in and of itself to allow for a longer time frame for progression but to be able to continue to progress rather than remain stuck on plateaus.

Originally Posted by annemarie_DJ View Post
    Enjoy the 5/3/1. I'm learning as I read. Sounds like alot of math to me. I'm sticking with my old school plan! haha But you are doing great! Strong like bull
    I am! It really isn't that much math. I got hooked up with a calculator that takes the mental work out of it completely (but the numbers are accurate, I know because I did a check ).

As I've said before, I love experimenting on this stuff whether it is my program, my supplements, etc. If I had better form, and was stronger....I'd love to go nuts with some of the death programs (Sheiko, Smolov). But to do something like that, given my form issues, would just be plain stupid and for me, accomplish nothing other than result in injury and even more frustration. So as much fun as it would be to undergo that quality of challenge, much like trying to compete in an All Star NBA slam dunk contest---that is out of my league, at least at the present.

yes injuries indeed suck for progress i seem to learn that lesson every couple of years the hard way. however, I've tried to never neglect any body part....except abz it's good that you're incorporating them though and aiming to get better at them
    I'm trying to keep a balance in my mind set between seeing squats as a holy grail of exercise I'd truly love to master rather than be master to them AND understanding that what I've been doing thus far hasn't worked in form, strength or physique arenas.

To think I'd be defeated by anything would never sit well with me. Never has, never will. I'm a terrible loser, and I only am gracious because social skills require it on occasion.

adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Workout: 5/3/1 Deadlifts #2

Warm Up Sets
    3 x 125
    3 x 145
    12 x 160

Good Mornings 5 x 12
    Various Ab work

Cardio: 15 min on the Elliptical

So 5/3/1 is set up so that in the 4 week span in the first 3 weeks, for the last set you go "all out" to fatigue, etc for as many reps as you can muster. After warm ups, it is set to do 3 sets per workout. First week you do sets of 5, the second week has sets of 3, then 3rd week it is set of 5, then 3, then 1. The caveat is that on the last set, you do as many as you can with the week specified. The idea is to lend itself to continued progression with the idea that by increasing the reps you can accomplish you are still gaining strength. The 4th week is a deload, then you can start it all over again.

I was conservative in plugging in my max numbers, and the program is set up to be conservative in and of itself to allow for a longer time frame for progression but to be able to continue to progress rather than remain stuck on plateaus.

I am! It really isn't that much math. I got hooked up with a calculator that takes the mental work out of it completely (but the numbers are accurate, I know because I did a check ).

As I've said before, I love experimenting on this stuff whether it is my program, my supplements, etc. If I had better form, and was stronger....I'd love to go nuts with some of the death programs (Sheiko, Smolov). But to do something like that, given my form issues, would just be plain stupid and for me, accomplish nothing other than result in injury and even more frustration. So as much fun as it would be to undergo that quality of challenge, much like trying to compete in an All Star NBA slam dunk contest---that is out of my league, at least at the present.

I'm trying to keep a balance in my mind set between seeing squats as a holy grail of exercise I'd truly love to master rather than be master to them AND understanding that what I've been doing thus far hasn't worked in form, strength or physique arenas.

To think I'd be defeated by anything would never sit well with me. Never has, never will. I'm a terrible loser, and I only am gracious because social skills require it on occasion.
    Well you're doing fantastic! You have incredible motivation, definitly rubs off on people

social skills FTW lol!
    ajaxified!

TEAM NORTON

The aJax Journal

Bulking Journal

keep track of your progress with a free online journal at www.BodyBuildingNotebook.com!

Workout: HIIT on the stationary bike

5 min Warm up
    5 x 15 sec on/45 sec off
    5 min MISS
    5 x 15 sec on /45 sec off
    10 min LISS

Notes: It was nice to get a little cardio in. For one day anyway.

Rant: I was able to partake, indirectly, in an entertaining broscience discussion at one of my local Chain Supplement shops today. Indirectly because I was eavesdropping and couldn't help myself as an employee discussed supplementation and protein intake with this guy who stated he was a personal trainer at a local gym. It was such a scene of nonsensical non-fact with shreds of half truth that I couldn't tear myself away because of the "train wreck" phenomenon, i.e. "really gruesome, but can't help but watch it." The worst part, is that it all sounded so convincing that both parties are going to move forward, swearing the information exchanged as gospel.

With all the information that abounds on the internet, etc, it really is a double edged sword. Anyone can hang out a shingle, and claim expertise in almost anything from car repair to sports supplementation to an issue near and dear to my heart, the field of medicine. While many have great intentions, there is so much misinformation and semi-truth that must be filtered through that no wonder that people end up with so much confusion. While I think it is great that people take an initiative in increasing their knowledge base, it would be prudent to exercise caution and common sense when you initiate the search for answers to life's questions. You can't believe everything you hear...and that goes triple for the internet. And yes, I realize this is being posted on the internet.

/rant
    Well you're doing fantastic! You have incredible motivation, definitly rubs off on people

social skills FTW lol!
    Motivation with a touch of teh crazy.

Only occasionally I remember social skills. The rest of the time, I look to push the envelope with what I can get away with. It is more freeing and as long as it isn't said maliciously or hurtfully, I usually manage to talk my way out of whatever predicament I wander into. And for what I can't, I'm good at apologizing.

It's fun when you stumble across some of those conversations though...I could have set them straight. Like everyone knows that you can only absorb 30g or less of whey, which should only be consumed pre or post workout. And never exchange soy for it 'cause that spikes estrogen....and don't get me started with casein, milk & egg....

wait...what was the actual broscience?

Yeah, the leading edge kind..

Workout: 5/3/1 Bench #2

Warm up sets
    3 x 90
    3 x 100
    8 x 115
    DB Bench 1 x 12 @ 25s, 4 x 15 @ 30s, last set with 2 sec pause at the bottom
    1-arm DB Rows: 1 x 10 @ 40, 3 x 10 @45, 1 x 10 @50

Cardio: 15 min on the ARC trainer

It's fun when you stumble across some of those conversations though...I could have set them straight. Like everyone knows that you can only absorb 30g or less of whey, which should only be consumed pre or post workout. And never exchange soy for it 'cause that spikes estrogen....and don't get me started with casein, milk & egg....
    YES! Exactly. This was on par of some of the stuff that was discussed. For example: "How many eggs do you eat in the morning?" "A lot....like 4." At least they stayed away from the casein, milk, egg protein debate...but a better one came up.
    Best example:

"So, what is your goal exactly?"
    A: I'm trying to cut up.
    "So what do you take right now?"
    A: I take creatine, should I cut that?
    "Absolutely, because it leads your body to retain water....you don't want that..."
    A: Oh, because it will make me look bloated right?
    "Exactly!"
    A: Won't I lose all my strength I gained? I worked really hard on my bench....

What followed was a discussion of BCAA which actually had some relatively acceptable info, along with a discussion of ZMA, but the above....I just couldn't help but chuckle. And meal timing, which depending on your school of thought potentially could be debated greatly.
    Yeah, the leading edge kind..
    Yep. I really thought the debate about cutting creatine had really escaped the broscience realm and been dispelled to the depths by now. Apparently not. Look at all those stage ready bodybuilders shredded to the bone, retaining all that water .

/rant

Motivation with a touch of teh crazy.

Only occasionally I remember social skills. The rest of the time, I look to push the envelope with what I can get away with. It is more freeing and as long as it isn't said maliciously or hurtfully, I usually manage to talk my way out of whatever predicament I wander into. And for what I can't, I'm good at apologizing.
    but aren't we all a little crazy for doing what we do in this sport

LOVEn it !! you rock SK!
    ajaxified!

TEAM NORTON

The aJax Journal

Bulking Journal

Workout: 5/3/1 Squat #2

Warm up sets
    3 x 70
    3 x 85
    3 x 95

Stationary BB lunges set of 20
    Hack squats sets of 15, 15, 15, 12
    Leg Extension: Double leg set of 10, single leg sets of 10, both set of 10, single leg sets of 10, Both legs set of 10

Tried going back to the 5lb plates under the heel gig. I've tried it before, seems like it is a little easier to hit some depth. However, I do note that my knees love to go beyond my toes which has always been an issue. Worked on keeping my back tight, chest up. Work in progress as always. I think certain joint flexibility issues (lack of in my ankles) and maybe some posterior chain weakness are some factors. But honestly, looking at the above....where isn't there an issue?

One day, when I win the lotto, I will pay someone to spend an entire month teaching me to squat.

but aren't we all a little crazy for doing what we do in this sport

LOVEn it !! you rock SK!
    Absolutely.

I think of it this way....my crazy could be dedicated to worse things.

if you do win the lotto, make me the person you pay

MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think I have seniority over ^^ guy. Pay me!

And I need a spotter. We. Train. Soon. Yes?

The myth that women should be weak is perpetuated by men who fear strong women and women who fear hard work.

When I win the lottery I'll just pay someone to do the squats for me and just get quad implants. Hey wait, Jax is the techie....can't he just make a squat app? Press a couple of buttons and voila...muscles....

Workout: 5/3/1 Military Press #3

Warm up sets
    5 x 55
    3 x 60
    5 x 70

Assisted Dips sets of 12-15
    Assisted Chin Ups/Pull Ups sets of 10

Notes: Was hoping for a few more reps on the last set. But given I did this workout post-call being awake for 30 + hours straight, I'm absolutely ok that I didn't drop any of the sets on my head. The 1RM calculator put the 5 @70 right at the original 1RM, so it wasn't a loss. We'll see if I can crank out some more reps next time.

Also, some new food discoveries, at least for me. PB2, both flavors....LOVE IT. FlatOuts...love them too. Low Carb Bagels, awesome for the carb days I get to have. I'm looking forward to testing out the Shiratake Noodles.

Off to sleep a little, maybe.
    You are most certainly in the running. You made incredible strides. If you could learn me to do that....you'd be worth a good fee.
    Originally Posted by MoEcho View Post
    I think I have seniority over ^^ guy. Pay me!

And I need a spotter. We. Train. Soon. Yes?
    True. I have met you. I'll pay you if we run Smolov Jr together (I'm a little tempted to run it in late May/June if my shoulders cooperate AND if I feel like maintaining vs running a really strict cut. You game?)

When are we training again?!?!?!?!? We need to discuss.
    When I win the lottery I'll just pay someone to do the squats for me and just get quad implants. Hey wait, Jax is the techie....can't he just make a squat app? Press a couple of buttons and voila...muscles....
    You know....I'm liking your idea better. JAX!!!!!!

Oh...and if you can make the legs insta-lean too with an app....I'd be grateful.

OMG.... Smolov Jr? May/June? Mind=Blown

YES YES YES I'm in!

Re Training: I say we just go to Toronto and move in with Jme's Mom for a week or two. She'll be good with that

30+ hours awake? has crack ******* entered your supplement regimen?

Page 101 of 120 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast