Extender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many protein shakes could I take daily?

Every shake that I get has 1oz (one scoop) of protein. So how many oz should or could I take everyday? My problem is that I don't get protein very much. Like for example today I got 107.4 of Protein (442 calories), 79.6 of fat (712 calories), 109.7 of Carbs (427 calories) and that is the most protein what I've got within 1 week. But I'm cutting currently so I should get more protein than carbs or fat but unfortunately I'm not because everything that is high on Protein also is high on fat (except Tuna but I don't have tuna :P). So I was thinking that maybe I could take 3-4 scoopes (oz) daily? Or is it bad?

filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i ust to drink it 3 times daily, but general rule is to suppliment it in when u don't get enf protein for that meal, eg breakfast oatmeal, water, protein shake, seeing as u can't get the protein from anther source fast.

me personally, i've been dirnking protein, pre & post workout, post cardio & thinking of adding it back to breakfast & cutting out the eggs which are taking to long to get rdy before work.

-edit
    on a side note, i don't think u can over do it with the protein, i've never gone over 4 scoops a day but i'm sure plenty of poeple on here do? I'm lactose intolarent so i try to keep away from to much dairy even though it's lactose free
    THE JUICE IS WORTH THE SQUEEZE!!

I love supplements but my stomic seems to hate them, Always on the look out for the perfect set of products that will get me the results i want, without the pain i hate so much!!

Loving!!
    GNC - Megamen
    PVL Hydroflow
    Allmax Creatine

Be_Easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be_Easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be_Easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be_Easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be_Easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be_Easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be_Easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be_Easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be_Easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be_Easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Be_Easy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How much do you weigh? Are you on a bulk or cut? What is your maintenance cal? How much cardio do you do? To me, it really seems either way you are eating too little. You should be eating around 2gr per lb of carbs (complex carbs) and simple carbs only in your pwo.

As far as shakes go, try to avoid them as MUCH as possible. If you really have to, then it's better than having a protein deficit for the day.

FWIW, if you're on a cut, then just just subtract 300-500 cals from you maint. cals. The way I would do that is by skimping 50-85 cals (of carbs, protein, and fats combined ) per meal (assuming you are eating 6x/day.

I personally follow a 30/50/20 protein/carbs/fats diet or at least I try to.

EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000) EmperorRyker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't know about the upper limit of whey that can be safely taken daily (if there is one), but I hear you should have at least 50% of your meals consisting of "real" food. So let's say you eat 6 times daily, which means you should have the shake 3 times daily at most. The reason's got to do with not overdoing your food intake in liquid form, not really with whey intake per se. Don't know the specifics, though, maybe it's even bull****. But I'd still recommend you to limit yourself to just supplementing with whey, not really counting on that as the main source of getting your protein. I do take whey, as well, since it's convenient if you have a job or have other stuff to do not allowing you to really cook whole food meals. But I try to limit myself to having 1 or 2 shakes a day (which is roughly 25 - 70g of whey, it depends on whether it's a full-blown shake or I mix it with milk or any other source containg protein, as well).

Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000)
    There are research findings that say large amounts of protein can damage your kidneys, if you had kidney problems in the first place, and if taken for years. In addition, there is some indication that one should up calcium intake when taking large amounts of protein.

That's about it. Bodybuilders and other athletes have been taking above-average amounts of protein for more than 50 years, and I have yet to hear stories of any of them turning up in the emergency room from protein poisoning

All that said, anything more than about 1.4 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight doesn't really provide additional benefit. Shoot for 1 to 1.4 grams per pound of bodyweight, per day.

I try to minimize the protein I get from whey shakes simply because it can mess with my digestion -- I suppose I'm marginally lactose intolerant (although I can chug milk with no problems. Go figure.). But the protein in whey is a complete protein, so it's not a question of it not being good for you.

By the way, there are other good sources of high-concentration protein besides tuna. I get a lot of my daily protein from supermarket canned chunk white chicken breast and from white-meat turkey (no skin). Other good sources are lean beef and bison (buffalo).

Weight: 191 LBS
    Height: 5'11

My calorie intake last week was between from 1164 (didn't starve myself, just got full easily) to 2,550. Fitday.com says that I can eat 2,527 daily if I wanna lose some weight.
    "ultimate fat losing for a noob" or whatever thread says that you have to eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass. So that means I have to eat 191g protein everyday. Quiet impossible because most of the food where I am getting good amount of the protein I'm also getting good amount of the fat. Meat, peanut butter, scrambled eggs for example. Most protein what I've got within 1 week was 152g. Average what I get is like from 88 to 140.
    Currently I'm on cut.
    Last edited by Extender; 04-13-2009 at 12:46 PM.

Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000) Analyst is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Extender View Post
    Weight: 191 LBS
    Height: 5'11

My calorie intake last week was between from 1164 (didn't starve myself, just got full easily) to 2,550. Fitday.com says that I can eat 2,527 daily if I wanna lose some weight.
    "ultimate fat losing for a noob" or whatever thread says that you have to eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass. So that means I have to eat 191g protein everyday. Quiet impossible because most of the food where I am getting good amount of the protein I'm also getting good amount of the fat. Meat, peanut butter, scrambled eggs for example.
    Currently I'm on cut.
    In order to get both the amount of protein you want and limit the number of calories for cutting weight down, it's really necessary in most cases to add some high-concentration protein sources, like those I listed in my previous post. If you have no problems with whey (protein shakes), by all means, use it.
    Last edited by Analyst; 04-13-2009 at 12:49 PM.

white chicken breast is go :P? Because I have it in my refrigeration.

Originally Posted by Extender View Post
    white chicken breast is go :P? Because I have it in my refrigeration.
    White-meat chicken breast, without the skin (or breading!), is a very high protein food source, without much else.

rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rockdawg21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Over NINE THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI
    My Male Transformation of the Week - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/brett_fitzgerald.htm

"Following the nutrition advice of a pro bodybuilder because they are jacked is like following sex advice from a ****phile rapist because they get laid a lot." - NDame616

filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) filo01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
    Over NINE THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI
    are you stoned? what does that have to do with protein suppliments?

OVER NINE THOUSAAAAANDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dThCJ...eature=related
    Last edited by filo01; 04-14-2009 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Becuase i can!!
    THE JUICE IS WORTH THE SQUEEZE!!

I love supplements but my stomic seems to hate them, Always on the look out for the perfect set of products that will get me the results i want, without the pain i hate so much!!

Loving!!
    GNC - Megamen
    PVL Hydroflow
    Allmax Creatine

Dr. Animal, OD, Natty Pro The_Animal11's Avatar
    The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1) be more consistent with your calorie intake! your highest day is like double your lowest day.

2) You need more protein. especially if trying to maintain some muscle while cutting. Eat chicken, tuna (if you dont have it, just buy it... its like 50 cents a can seriously), eggs, lean beef, etc.

3) I have like 5-6 scoops protein daily, you'll be fine.

4) 1100 cals is way too low for a 190lber. i dont care if youre cutting or not, youre actually gunna hurt your cut by eating that little.
    WWJD-What Would Jesus Deadlift?

May God bless you with enough foolishness to believe that you really CAN make a difference in this world, so that you are able, with God's grace, to do what others claim cannot be done. -From the Four-Fold Franciscan Blessing

Who Says I Can't Pack on Mass (my log)?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146406963

richbodyfit.com<--- awesome trainer and workout partner!