freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Can I do bodyweight exercises everyday?

I do not have time to do weight training. So I had to stop my weight training program altogether. Now I want to do bodyweight exercises like Pullups, Pushups, Dips, Calf Raises, Squats everyday. Can I do these everyday? Or is it good to take some rest on some days?

Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Being realistic, bodyweight exercises are not going to help you much. You will get used to it soon, and have no weight to add.

Might sound a bit mean, but make time for proper weight training. (if weight training is what you want)

freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10) freenick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i know i would not get much muscular gains. But I have absolutely no time for weight training. So all that I expect to get is staying fit and getting some strength.

Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teledin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd suggest 2 to 3 times a week if you are really strapped. Play around with the whole 'time under tension' thing to make things difficult because you will certainly get used to the weight rather quickly. In the short term it will suffice, but don't expect to get huge off it.

dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000)
    We did them in the academy every day with no ill effects. So does the military during certain training. I don't know if I'd do them EVERY day if I had the choice, but doing bodyweight stuff pretty often should be fine.

rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock201 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bodyweight exercises are good for conditioning, not so much for building muscle/strength.

buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Angry

Originally Posted by Phil2009 View Post
    Might sound a bit mean, but make time for proper weight training. (if weight training is what you want)
    meany

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Personally, I wouldn't do them every day, but you could do them every other day for a few different exercises. If you add sets, that'll make it a bit more intense. Example: Week one, do three sets of squats or lunges, calf raises, pushups and pullups and close-grips pushups or dips plus some ab work Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Try to get in at least 15-20 or more reps per set per exericse (exception would be chins, as they're a bugger for most; in that case, do whatever you can).

Week two would have the same exercises, but you'd up the reps to, say, 20-25 and do the same number of sets. Week three, add another set to everything, drop the reps to 15-20 and start all over again.

Is this perfect? No; nothing is, but you may find that you enjoy it and when you're ready to get back to the weights, you'll find that your endurance may be better than average. Muscle size-wise, you may just put on a bit due to the constant pumping and progressiveness of it all, but it really can't take the place of weights. Still, it's better than doing nothing at all, and it will give you a good workout and some goals to shoot for each time you work out.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

thanks for all the advice guys...

wuzupman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wuzupman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wuzupman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wuzupman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wuzupman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wuzupman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wuzupman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wuzupman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wuzupman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Gymnast are big enough and they don't do weights.

civpit510 is not very well liked. (-100) civpit510 is not very well liked. (-100) civpit510 is not very well liked. (-100) civpit510 is not very well liked. (-100) civpit510 is not very well liked. (-100) civpit510 is not very well liked. (-100) civpit510 is not very well liked. (-100) civpit510 is not very well liked. (-100) civpit510 is not very well liked. (-100) civpit510 is not very well liked. (-100) civpit510 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by rock201 View Post
    Bodyweight exercises are good for conditioning, not so much for building muscle/strength.
    tell that to Big BUbba doin brepees in the pen. lol .

slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000)
    TLDR @ Bottom of post;

You can do bodyweight exercises daily if you switch up and do opposing muscle groups. i'd recommend doing a full body routine 3-4x/week. your body is a huge amount of weight. think about it--> there's anywhere from 130lbs->300lbs+/depending on how big you are. the key may be time under tension. but a huge part is also perfect form and technique, as well as changing your leverage and your force Changing your leverage/force throughout your bodyweight routine while performing controlled, explosive positive movements and slow, steady negative movements will result in a good physique as well as function strength. You develop pushing strength as well as incredible limb and core strength.

Take deep breaths while exercising; think yoga. If you do the movements completely flexed and contracted you will burn calories as well as strengthen everything your body uses during the exercise. Follow the same method bodybuilders follow: plenty of good nutrition, rest, and discipline. Know when and how to break through failure so you can really get your muscles to tear in agony while doing your extended arm pushups, and to put them in a condition for optimum, growthful repair.

I base my belief around what I noticed about modern and old military(who more modernly have a very decent diet, but again not all the way optimal), as well as athletes(most who eat incredibly well). jails and penitentiaries--the inmates eat like livestock (noodles/top ramen/potatoes/chips/servings of minimal veggies/fruit, 2 pints milk, rice, etc all starchy carbs and they also get protein[beef,turky,chicken,ham,tuna,etc] with every meal)--the food isn't nearly taste as good nor is it good for you when you think of the food i'm telling you they eat. All of these groups get HUGE using only their bodyweight and certain diets. Some groups use no plates what so ever. In fact, some of the variations of exercises you see people create are nuts, but they brutalize your body and break it down using only your core strength and balance.

Example nutrition: A good spinach shake or good sized GREEN salad (brocolli,spinach,cabbage,cooked kale,peppers) with cuts of lean meat cooked in a grassfed butter/coconut oil mix and eat every 3 hours. don't count calories, just eat every 3 hours on a natural feel for your hunger. drink plenty of water, at least a gallon daily. drink if you ever feel thirsty as well. eating and drinking keeps up your immune system and speeds your metabolism, which allows you to burn more calories. eat more to compensate, and you will create a muscle building monster under your skin. you WILL lean out. and put on mass at the same time! using the healthy fats and MCTS with your food kickstarts your metabolism on a hormonal and evolutionary level where your body uses both bodyfat and nutritional fats as fuel. think of a paleo diet but more updated-eat like an omptimum omnivore without the grains or starchy vegetables)

you can get enormous with bodyweight. if it comes down to needing some serious weight for isolated manuevers, you can also make a waterbag very easily, or use a trash bag/towel for resistance training(you can do the last two with a partner for exercises that work out both opposing muscle groups at the same time (pushing/pulling).

a good example of a bodyweight workout program is 'Athlean-X' (http://athleanx.com/). Very intense stuff and that is similar to an old fashioned ''warrior'' like workout program involving bodyweight(he has some weight exercises on there as well but plenty of workouts without them or bodyweight substitutes). follow something like this with good food and rest and you'll get huge as well as incredibly fit and inshape (with lots of practical use for your fitness with an aesthetic look).

everytime i start weight training i always end up going back to bodyweight. only weight exercise worth doing is a deadlift =)

TLDR

1. bodyweight gets you huge
    2. athletes, inmates, old warriors to modern military--all utilize bodyweight only techniques and have developped huge, massive frames
    3. eat right and rest the proper amount(eat like a bodybuilder would)
    4. remember to change your leverage and your force during exercises to work your muscles differently
    5. work through failure
    6. rinse & repeat
    7. give yourself 3 months on a very good sub-45 min bodyweight routine to see massive important(start with 20-30 mins if you are a beginner with bodyweight)
    8. you will see an insane difference, example bodyweight program is http://athleanx.com

good luck!

Iliander is not very well liked. (-100) Iliander is not very well liked. (-100) Iliander is not very well liked. (-100) Iliander is not very well liked. (-100) Iliander is not very well liked. (-100) Iliander is not very well liked. (-100) Iliander is not very well liked. (-100) Iliander is not very well liked. (-100) Iliander is not very well liked. (-100) Iliander is not very well liked. (-100) Iliander is not very well liked. (-100)
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9

slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Iliander View Post
    Absolute sick video..