FFMSmit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow Heavy strength training during ketosis

I just got warned by a housemate of mine that my plan to do intensive weight training during ketosis was unwise. His primary argument was that you destroy/hurt your muscles if you only train on proteines.

While I can see his point, I argue that first the fat reserves get depleted before the actual muscles are being 'used'. Besides, this is why I'm on a heavy proteine diet anyways; to prevent muscles from breaking down by supplying an overkill of proteines.

Obviously you will have less energy directly available during ketosis, meaning that you can train less intensive. However when you look at it from a weight loss perspective it would seem to me that the combination Weight Training + Ketosis delivers more results then a higher intensive weight training.

What is your view on the matter? To ketose or not during intensive weight training? (in light of weight loss)
    Follow my extreme weight loss/strength gain system on my BodySpace.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Keto and heavy weight training are great together. You may find you need slightly longer rests between sets, and you may run out of juice a little quicker, but overall, there is no reason why you should not lift hard and increase all your lifts.

You are riight, the point of ketosis is to use fat for energy.

If you were combining lifting with some competitive explosive sports like martial arts or sprinting, then you might have reason to ask. Pure lifting is fine.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My view on the matter is that your housemate doesn't even know what he's talking about so don't listen to him.

x2 on what Eileen said.

Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Autobody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your assumption of Keto being used in a "Culking" manner is correct especially for beginners and intermediate weightlifters. However it is not fool proof in the sense that after your initial gains in muscle and and loss in fat you will hit a wall in which you will need to research/experiment with yourself to see further optimal gain.

s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by FFMSmit View Post
    Obviously you will have less energy directly available during ketosis
    I have never experienced myself or read any text making a claim like this.....

sharpie21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Man After two to three weeks...I have as much energy as I have ever had! Keep carbs low! I have noticed and increase in strength and endurance...I have done 5x20s on squats and have done heavy squats...and still havent stalled due to energy...Recently did 10x10 flat bench at 225 and had energy left over after that.....get your body used to Keto and lift hard!

No offense....but your pic kinda disturbed me a lil! hahaha

FFMSmit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    okay thanks for the reactions. I will continue as planned with ketosis.

Sharpie, I guess that was kinda the point . The goal is to transform it from disturbing to an inspiring picture in the coming months.
    Follow my extreme weight loss/strength gain system on my BodySpace.

s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500) s.o.u.p is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by FFMSmit View Post
    okay thanks for the reactions. I will continue as planned with ketosis.

Sharpie, I guess that was kinda the point . The goal is to transform it from disturbing to an inspiring picture in the coming months.
    I'd be making the square into a rectangle.

a long one.

Preferably pointing down.....

sharpie21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    haha or just maybe some shorts! haha Not wraggin on your physique....I am far from perfect....good luck on the journey!