Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'8"
    BodyPoints: 9396
    Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Z06's BodySpace

Correct way to measure muscles

I looked for articles on the site and did some searching but I couldn't find any anything relating to how to measure. Any links to articles or good explanations?
    -- Traditional Wet Shaving Crew --
    -- Cold Shower Crew --

Goals:
    May _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Aug
    18 - . . . . . . . . . . . 64

Stats: 5'11", 200 lbs
    BodyPoints: 28718
    Worldwide has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Worldwide has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Worldwide has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Worldwide has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Worldwide has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Worldwide has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Worldwide has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Worldwide has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Worldwide has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Worldwide has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Worldwide has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Worldwide's BodySpace
    your penis isn't a muscle
    "The patriot's blood is the seed of Freedom's tree."
    ~Thomas Campbell

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS

Stealth 5k+ Crew

owe:
    Projectxlol
    PlasticTrees
    DrGreenthumb420
    TheRealCartman

Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Z06 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Z06's BodySpace
    i saw that coming
    -- Cold Shower Crew --

Goals:

Visit Z06's BodySpace
    thx for the help guys
    -- Cold Shower Crew --

Goals:

Living in a vacuum sucks forgot password's Avatar
    Stats: 5'9", 201 lbs
    BodyPoints: 14442
    forgot password has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) forgot password has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) forgot password has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) forgot password has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) forgot password has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) forgot password has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) forgot password has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) forgot password has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) forgot password has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) forgot password has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) forgot password has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit forgot password's BodySpace
    http://www.mm2k.com/muscle-measurements.html
    How To Measure Muscles

I never had any description of where or how to measure body parts until I came across the following from one of Ellington Darden's books, "100 High-Intensity Ways to Improve your Bodybuilding."

Neck - Keep the head erect with eyes looking forward and relax the neck muscles. Take the measurement just above the Adam's Apple.

Upper Arms - Raise the right arm to shoulder height, flex the elbow, contract the biceps.

Forearms - Straighten the right arm with no bend in the elbow or wrist, and hold it at an angle away from the body. Clench the fist so that the forearm muscles are contracted. Run the tape below the elbow at the point of greatest size.

Chest - Stand erect. Pass the tape around the back at nipple level and bring it together in the front. Make sure tha tape is straight across the back. Do not spread the lats. Keep them relaxed during the measurement.

Waist - Stand erect with belly in its normal state. Do not suck in. Keep the tape on the same level as the navel.

Hips - Stand with heels together and weight distributed equally on both feet. Measure around the hips at the level of maximum protrusion of the buttocks.

Thighs - Stand with feet apart and thigh miscles relaxed. Measure the thigh just below the buttocks.

Calves - Stand erect with thights and calves relaxed. Do not stand on the toes. Measure each calf at the largest part.

Unfortunately, it seems that there are some inconsistencies (ie: flex biceps, but nothing else; measure largest portion at some muscles, but not others), etc. I don't like measuring the waist at the navel, as the waist is actually a couple of inches lower.

I don't know if there are any standard ways of taking such measurements, but this is the only description I've seen in print.

I used to take both flexed and relaxed measurements (NOT after a workout) for all parts. I think the thing that matters, anyway, is consistency of measurement, so that progress can be determined, not what the actual measurements are.
    I drive really slow
    In the ultra-fast lane
    While people behind me are going insane

Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution yet.

My Karma ran over your dogma.
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

Stats: 6'0", 215 lbs
    BodyPoints: 5980
    FunkLord has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FunkLord has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FunkLord has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FunkLord has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FunkLord has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FunkLord has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FunkLord has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FunkLord has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FunkLord has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FunkLord has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FunkLord has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit FunkLord's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by forgot password View Post
    How To Measure Muscles

I never had any description of where or how to measure body parts until I came across the following from one of Ellington Darden's books, "100 High-Intensity Ways to Improve your Bodybuilding."

Neck - Keep the head erect with eyes looking forward and relax the neck muscles. Take the measurement just above the Adam's Apple.

Upper Arms - Raise the right arm to shoulder height, flex the elbow, contract the biceps.

Forearms - Straighten the right arm with no bend in the elbow or wrist, and hold it at an angle away from the body. Clench the fist so that the forearm muscles are contracted. Run the tape below the elbow at the point of greatest size.

Chest - Stand erect. Pass the tape around the back at nipple level and bring it together in the front. Make sure tha tape is straight across the back. Do not spread the lats. Keep them relaxed during the measurement.

Waist - Stand erect with belly in its normal state. Do not suck in. Keep the tape on the same level as the navel.

Hips - Stand with heels together and weight distributed equally on both feet. Measure around the hips at the level of maximum protrusion of the buttocks.

Thighs - Stand with feet apart and thigh miscles relaxed. Measure the thigh just below the buttocks.

Calves - Stand erect with thights and calves relaxed. Do not stand on the toes. Measure each calf at the largest part.

Unfortunately, it seems that there are some inconsistencies (ie: flex biceps, but nothing else; measure largest portion at some muscles, but not others), etc. I don't like measuring the waist at the navel, as the waist is actually a couple of inches lower.

I don't know if there are any standard ways of taking such measurements, but this is the only description I've seen in print.

I used to take both flexed and relaxed measurements (NOT after a workout) for all parts. I think the thing that matters, anyway, is consistency of measurement, so that progress can be determined, not what the actual measurements are.
    eheheh ehehheheh heheh heuhhuh huhuhhh ehehe huhu

Stats: 5'6", 175 lbs
    TheNatureBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheNatureBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheNatureBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheNatureBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheNatureBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheNatureBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheNatureBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheNatureBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheNatureBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheNatureBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheNatureBoy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit TheNatureBoy's BodySpace
    If you go to the place on bodyspace where you put your own measurements in, there are videos of how to measure all of the parts.

Minus the penis, you need a platinum membership for that.
    Misc Zombie Survival Squad. Alpha Squad Member.

Misc Taterot Crew.

♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦

Atheist Alliance.

Misc Cleanup Crew.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!

Visit Z06's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by forgot password View Post
    How To Measure Muscles

thanks man reps on recharge
    -- Cold Shower Crew --

Goals:

Visit Z06's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by TheNatureBoy View Post
    If you go to the place on bodyspace where you put your own measurements in, there are videos of how to measure all of the parts.

Minus the penis, you need a platinum membership for that.
    yeah i just found that lols
    -- Cold Shower Crew --

Goals: