booncp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Torn ACL / Shattered Medial Meniscus

Hey,

I tried searching this sub-forum for what I was looking for, but was unable to do so.

About a month ago, I torn my ACL and shattered my medial meniscus playing basketball. As a college student, my doctor recommended that we postpone surgery until after the semester (in about 2 months from today).

With that being said, I was in the middle of transforming my body, I went from 5"10 235 lbs to 201 lbs in a little over 6 months with a consistent cardio/lifting/diet program. However, I can no longer lift legs or do any real form of running, and I'm afraid to lose my progress. Does anyone have suggestions for a regime or specific things to do to stay in shape and continue progress.

FYI, I have tried bikes and ellipticals, but it still hurts my knee. I currently go to the gym 5 days a week, just removed the legs workout from the rotation. I'm really just looking for something to burn fat and calories while improving stamina, endurance, and metabolism.

Thanks,
    booncp

anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry to hear that. ACL injuries suck.

1) Forget about bulking for next 6 months. In long run it is not as imp. I know its hard and we have all been there, but you need to take it out of your mind so that you can concetre on recovery

2) Swimming should be alright

3) for cardio you can do upper body work with light weights with 30s rest

booncp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks, I was thinking swimming as well, and luckily my school has a very nice pool facility.

and I have turned my workout into a less-weight more-rep routine, thanks.

I have another question: I understand that the recovery process is different for everyone, and depending on the severity of the tear it may take less or more time to heal. With that being said, I haven't spoken with my doctor since the initial diagnosis and he hasn't really explained the entire recovery process to me. Anyone know what to expect?

Thanks,
    booncp