PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I'm fat, what can I do to lose weight fast?

So I'm fat, I've read some of the newbie guides, I wouldn't mind building some muscle but right now I'm about 6ft and 250 pounds. I need to cut down to like 200 or so and get in better shape. I been walking and swimming, trying to eat less or more healthy but I don't think this is enough, any other suggestions? Thanks.

caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000) caa5000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    read the newbie guides more thoroughly... lift 3x/week, and run.

Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Archaic2021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yep work out 3x a week, get a good diet, and cardio.

If you like me you may wanna use some of that fat while you have it to gain muscle. I am cutting and trying to gain at the same time..it's hard. That's why i am working out 6 days a week.

Just my .02 alos. When I started Lifting to I did basic lifts, like curls, and bench , dead lift and squat. Did that for a couple weeks till I got a good base and got use to it...took off running from there.

PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) PILMAN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've never really been good at running but I see people running around my neigborhood block, how far should I run and for how long?

Are there any other things I should do like pushups or stomach crunches? Should I join a gym? Any supplements I should take or specific diet I should eat?

I don't know if swimming is a good exercise for losing weight? I have a pool in the back yard.

in a world built on rules iDrive's Avatar
    iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iDrive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm fat, what can I do to lose weight fast?
    Nothing

Editted:
    I'm fat, what can I do to lose weight?
    1st Diet
    2nd Diet
    3rd Diet
    4th Workout
    5th Read

Weight loss... specifically Fat loss is not a fast process and shouldn't be treated as such. When you can understand that you need to commit for months/years instead of weeks/days then you'll be on the right track.
    After that get your eating habits in check then get a workout routine down and finally read as much as you can and learn how to change your lifestyle to develop good habits. Read the stickies.
    You don't try to build a wall.
    You don't set out to build a wall.
    You don't say, "I'm going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that's ever been built!".
    You don't start there.

You say, "I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.".
    You do that every single day, and soon you'll have a wall.

jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jvaughan08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well it depends on your diet.

If you quit drinking pop and you quit eating fast food it will jump start you

Ya in the end you gotta eat at a caloric deficit.

I was 230 lbs and I lost 10 lbs in two weeks just by cutting out pop and fast food for real
    Transformation of the Week

http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/teen_transformation_jake_vaughan.htm

DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PILMAN View Post
    So I'm fat, I've read some of the newbie guides, I wouldn't mind building some muscle but right now I'm about 6ft and 250 pounds. I need to cut down to like 200 or so and get in better shape. I been walking and swimming, trying to eat less or more healthy but I don't think this is enough, any other suggestions? Thanks.
    Assuming you're up at 35% bodyfat your body composition is this:

Overall Weight: 250 lbs
    Fat Lbs: 87.5 lbs
    Lean Body Weight: 162.5 lbs

You could definitely get down to 200 lbs just by losing fat. If you lose the recommended 2 lbs/week You could get there in 25 weeks. That is a little over 6 months of steady diet, exercise, and staying up on nutrition.

You would likely be gaining muscle, so add in a few more weeks to actually get to 200 lbs and you could most likely get there in 7 months. There is no easy road to fitness, it takes time and dedication.

One of the best bit of advice I've read on these boards was this: Once you have your schedule down (3 days per week, or whatever) don't ever miss a day at the gym. Ever. There is no other way to achieve your goals.

darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) darius_s is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    And as you read and educate yourself, you will find that certain types of cardio is counterproductive to weight loss or/and fat loss. That is if you learn from right sources, and not self proclaimed internet gurus. So give the guy a favor and stop recommending him running, at his weight and size, the last thing he needs is running.
    Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato

Commit to be fit. ~Unknown

Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What the rush? Enjoy being fat as long you can, I know sooner or later most of us will get slim.

Take a look at Wave_length thread on top of this forum.

Originally Posted by jvaughan08 View Post
    well it depends on your diet.

If you quit drinking pop and you quit eating fast food it will jump start you

Ya in the end you gotta eat at a caloric deficit.

I was 230 lbs and I lost 10 lbs in two weeks just by cutting out pop and fast food for real
    I stopped drinking soda, been drinking water. I probably need to work on the diet part now, thanks for the recommendations guys.

Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A lot of your cleaner, healthier foods tend to be less calorie-dense and they offer more for your nutritionally (and often cheaper), so try to eliminate junk food, sweets on top of the soda. You can also drink no/low cal drinks like tea and Crystal Lite (generic if need be) to help with the battle of the bulge. Also, try out a full-fledged weight training program - it should help more than just swimming or walking by helping you build muscle and increasing your metabolism. Good luck!
    --- Nick ---

Well I know this is a old thread but I figured i'd update it. I ended up getting down to 182 pounds, I'm back up to 195 and bounce around 190-195. I am able to eat pretty much anything I want now but I want to focus on building muscle. I joined a gym last week and been doing cardio 4 times a week and weightlifting 2 times a week. I been mainly eating boiled eggs, grilled chicken, and a lot of fruits at random during the day. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good workout plan?

cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well I know this is a old thread but I figured i'd update it. I ended up getting down to 182 pounds, I'm back up to 195 and bounce around 190-195. I am able to eat pretty much anything I want now but I want to focus on building muscle. I joined a gym last week and been doing cardio 4 times a week and weightlifting 2 times a week. I been mainly eating boiled eggs, grilled chicken, and a lot of fruits at random during the day. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good workout plan?
    5x5 strength: http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5...ining-program/
    Barely decent crew

Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000) Landor is just really nice. (+1000)
    My bad.

Dutchie21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutchie21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutchie21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutchie21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutchie21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutchie21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutchie21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutchie21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutchie21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutchie21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dutchie21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

If you want to lose weight, you need to work hard in the gym and change your eating habits, and not just for a month but at least for half a year 2-3 times a week to get results.
    There is no 'fast' way to lose weight, (well no fast healthy way) , but this is the 'fastest' way, unless you are into liposuction.

ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ebbers91 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    man, the best thing you can do is just accept the fact that its not gonna happen over night, 2 years ago i was sitting at 6 ft, 300 lbs, i realized it was time to lose weight, and that college would be no fun for a fatass, i worked my ass off and now im sitting at 6 ft, 187 (i cut down to 175, and started bulking) sooo close to having some decent abs and its exciting, just keep at it and it'll pay off

yourfavorite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yourfavorite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yourfavorite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yourfavorite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yourfavorite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yourfavorite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yourfavorite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Should try what I'm about to FINALLY try..

Which is to count your calories and keep track of how many CALS / CARBS / PROTEINS you take in.

I actually just started this today.

I'm no professional but I'm pretty sure seeing the numbers down on the paper will definitely make me think twice about those cheat meals.

Currently I'm aiming for 1600 CAL a day while keeping my CARB intake low and my PROTEIN intake fairly high.

Also doing HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) as much as possible.

S0VERE1GN is just really nice. (+1000) S0VERE1GN is just really nice. (+1000) S0VERE1GN is just really nice. (+1000) S0VERE1GN is just really nice. (+1000) S0VERE1GN is just really nice. (+1000) S0VERE1GN is just really nice. (+1000) S0VERE1GN is just really nice. (+1000) S0VERE1GN is just really nice. (+1000) S0VERE1GN is just really nice. (+1000) S0VERE1GN is just really nice. (+1000) S0VERE1GN is just really nice. (+1000)
    take a 1000 cal deficit and go HIIT 4 days a week
    you'll die after 3 weeks im pretty sure.
    I heart pullups

"I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values.
    I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you
    wish to know why you are perishing-you who dread knowledge-I am the man who will now tell you.”
    -- John Galt

I already lost the weight, I weigh 193 pounds right now and I was 250. I'm trying to put on muscle now

williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Here's a pretty quick but comprehensive guide I wrote. You can drop weight quick, healthy and keep all your hard earned muscle. You'll understand the principles, too, which will help you as you go about day to day decision making.

Hope this helps:
    http://foxhoundstudio.com/blog/fitne...-your-ribcage/

Good luck man!

mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I haven't read the other 18 comments on the thread so far but here is my take...

It doesn't necessarily matter how hard you train... I used to run 90 miles a month or so and had a crappy looking body (in my opinion). I then went back to strength training and just got fat (though my strength and lean mass also went through the roof).

A good balance of weight lifting, cardio, and most importantly DIET will get you to your goals. The stricter you are with what you eat the better your results will be regardless of whether you train for 5 hours a day or 1. Consistency helps too. Don't expect great results if you are not willing to put in to it.

KiwiATV is on a distinguished road. (+10) KiwiATV is on a distinguished road. (+10) KiwiATV is on a distinguished road. (+10) KiwiATV is on a distinguished road. (+10) KiwiATV is on a distinguished road. (+10) KiwiATV is on a distinguished road. (+10) KiwiATV is on a distinguished road. (+10) KiwiATV is on a distinguished road. (+10) KiwiATV is on a distinguished road. (+10) KiwiATV is on a distinguished road. (+10) KiwiATV is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do any of you guys even read threads before you post? He updated it and said he lost over 50 pounds! Gj OP! I would suggest moving to another section of the forum for some advice on putting on muscle. Generally you want to eat above maintenance (not too much, don't go erasing all that work from your cut) with good clean foods and lots of protein. And lift HARD. Nice heavy lifts. Good luck, keep us posted!

expatCanuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) expatCanuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) expatCanuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) expatCanuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) expatCanuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) expatCanuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) expatCanuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) expatCanuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) expatCanuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) expatCanuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) expatCanuck is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Congrats on your initial success. Well done!

But eating "pretty much anything" is likely how you got to 250, and could be why you bounced back up from 182.

It sounds as tho' you eat healthy food, and that's great. It may be that you just need to control portion size.
    But if you'd like to be/stay at your desired weight, and/or if you'd like to do a 'clean' bulk, I'd recommend
    a written diet, weight/girth & exercise log, as well as the self-acknowledgment that eating "pretty much anything"
    is unlikely to provide optimal results.

IMHO ...

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

..... I ended up getting down to 182 pounds.....

......I'm back up to 195 and bounce around 190-195.......

........... I am able to eat pretty much anything I want now.......

.......I want to focus on building muscle......
    Your posts make me wonder if you ever read the sticky "How to lose fat for Noobs." Doesn't sound like it. So you lost 70 pounds and you are just starting to lift now?

Frankly it sounds like you lost weight, but probably didn't do it the right way. Your lifestyle hasn't permanently changed and you are likely to fall right back to where you were.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.