cam1john has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

So I'm 27 years old now and getting belly fat.. ..

I use to be lean, never gained weight. Always 6'3 180ish. Now I'm 210, which is fine, but the weight seems to have gone to my belly. It seems that ever since I quit smoking cigarettes, my appetite has increased x5. I picked up drinking a bit more with the deletion of cigarettes, which is probably my main problem. I've cut back drinking, but the fat isn't going anywhere.
    I don't know how to work out really...specifically for belly fat loss.
    So u guess I'll go to the gym and run on the treadmill, what do I do next?

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cam1john View Post
    I use to be lean, never gained weight. Always 6'3 180ish. Now I'm 210, which is fine, but the weight seems to have gone to my belly. It seems that ever since I quit smoking cigarettes, my appetite has increased x5. I picked up drinking a bit more with the deletion of cigarettes, which is probably my main problem. I've cut back drinking, but the fat isn't going anywhere.
    I don't know how to work out really...specifically for belly fat loss.
    So u guess I'll go to the gym and run on the treadmill, what do I do next?
    To hell with the treadmill.

Get yourself on an established lifting programme (check out the Workout Programs stickies) and start tracking your calories/macros. Also go read the Nutritional section stickies.

Good luck.
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

brunof9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) brunof9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) brunof9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) brunof9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) brunof9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) brunof9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) brunof9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) brunof9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) brunof9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) brunof9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) brunof9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by FitnessFan76 View Post
    To hell with the treadmill.

Get yourself on an established lifting programme (check out the Workout Programs stickies) and start tracking your calories/macros. Also go read the Nutritional section stickies.

Good luck.
    This, do it OP.