daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000)

Post basic approach to dieting- monica grant

Default Approach to Dieting
    By: Monica Brant

My diet is approximately 80% free from junk foods in the off season-except maybe at Christmas. Before a competition-either on or off season-the stricter I am with my diet, the better I look. My protein intake with every meal is between 25-45 grams, consisting of one of the following: lean, red meat, chicken, turkey (white meat is best), tuna canned in water, egg whites, tofu, whey protein, non-fat cottage cheese, and some fish: I.e., halibut, salmon & orange roughly.

I eat starchy carbohydrates-for example, rice, pasta, matzo bread, oatmeal, cream of wheat, crumpets and corn tortillas only until mid-afternoon. I try not to eat these things at night because I am more sedentary later in the evening. However, if I know I'm going to be up late, I'll cut these carbs out after 6 pm, in order to have enough energy. Remember, carbs = energy! If you don't use them readily, they turn to fat. Yuck!

I eat fibrous carbohydrates such as broccoli, asparagus, green beans, celery, and spinach-three times a day during a competition cycle. So, pre-contest, I'm downing as much 'green' as I can.

This food type replaces a lot of the starch that I cut out in order to get really lean. Keep in mind, however, I add a little more fat into my diet when I'm not eating as many complex carbs. Regarding fat...normally I will eat Laura Scudder's Natural Unmixed Peanut Butter, egg yolks, low-fat cheese, avocado, and mixed nuts. Three weeks before or out of my competitions I prefer to eat fat sources from flaxseed oil, olive oil or canola oil.

Along with limiting your starchy carb intake, be careful of your sugar intake! Your body ends up releasing a lot of insulin to combat the high blood sugar levels both carbs and sugar produces. In case you are unaware, sugar is considered a simple carb! When your blood sugar comes down finally, it crashes leaving you oftentimes totally drained. Whatever insulin is left over binds the remaining sugar and stores it as fat. This process can become a vicious cycle and, in the long run, can have disastrous effects on your health. I don't recommend it; but I would say it is better to consume more fat rather than sugar products. If you are, however, eating sugar, keep your intake to a minimum in the afternoon and evening hours. If you absolutely can't get by without it, take your fix after training or better yet in the morning.

Many small meals are better than a few large ones. I use meal replacement drinks or bars at times when I just can't get in a good meal. In general, you will need to cook and prepare more food ahead of time, but it will become a worthy practice netting your body great results. Just get into "the routine" or as Nike says, "Just do it!" Don't forget to drink plenty of WATER!

My Favorite Recipes

These are the amounts I eat with each recipe-be sure to make exceptions for more or less of something if you desire...Especially for the men-you will probably need more per meal! I know weighing and measuring takes longer, but the extra effort makes a huge difference overall! Be sure to purchase all sizes of measuring spoons and cups. You can find different size food scales too, one for home and one for traveling-these are perfect too for taking to restaurants! I even take a 1/2 measuring cup to places like Chinese restaurants where I may be tempted to eat more rice than I really need! Don't be shy...no one will care what you are doing with your food!!

Also, just because I didn't mention many veggies...doesn't mean you don't need them. I love salads, but don't usually make them at home due to me traveling so much and the fixings go bad by the time I return! Eat your veggies--rule of thumb: Green is Good! Remember corn and yellow squash count more like starchy carbs, as opposed to fibrous carbs-so be careful on the amount of them! " Eat up and enjoy your new, healthy Fitness Recipes!

Turkey Breast Omelette

6 egg whites
    1 slice tofu veggie cheese
    85 grams spinach
    2 oz turkey breast (Deli Style)
    1/2 cup brown rice (1 cup cooked)
    Good for energy in morning before work or training!

Cool Pasta Dish

Keto Pasta
    Chicken or Turkey breast, or London Broil
    Parmesan Cheese (regular or low fat)
    Optional: Whey Cool Pasta Sauce

Tuna Pancake

1 can of low sodium tuna (small can)
    2-3 egg whites (you may want to add 1 yolk occasionally for added fat)
    1/3 cup of Coach's Oats (Check out the story on Coach's Oats at www.coachsoats.com)
    Mix the above ingredients thoroughly. Add 1/2 to 1 tbs. of MCT Oil (try not to burn the oil) or use regular canola oil cooking spray. Fry both sides till lightly browned.
    Optional: Try adding some mustard or ketchup before indulging!

Rice Bowl

5-6 oz. Chicken breast (cooked in my favorite marinade - California Teriyaki by Consorzio)
    1/2 cup of Jasmine Rice
    Add on top:
    1 oz. nonfat, low fat, or regular cheddar cheese
    1-2 oz. of tomatoes chopped
    1 oz. avocado

Taco's

4 oz. Chicken breast cooked in canola spray. cook thoroughly! After cooking chicken, add:
    4-5 egg whites and continue to scramble while adding:
    1 tbs. lecithin granules OR
    1 tbs. flax seeds
    Heat corn tortillas
    Make tacos with scrambled combo, and my favorite Tabasco Green Sauce. I also like to add 1 oz. avocado before gobbling down!

Pizza Snack

1 crumpet - you may find in the bread aisle at your local grocery store.
    10-12 tofu pepperoni slices
    1 slice Tofu mozzarella cheese
    1 slice Tofu cheddar cheese
    Melt in the oven or microwave.

French Toast

2-3 slice of Vogel Bread (Vogel Bread is made with soy protein and flaxseeds)
    Mix together the following batter:
    3 egg whites plus 1 yolk
    A little bit of soy milk (unsweetened or plain for less sugar. Read labels!)
    A dash of cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. vanilla
    Dip the bread in the batter and cook in fry pan with cooking spray
    Optional toppings: Smart Beat butter (tub or squeezable)
    1/4 - 1/2 cup of sugar free syrup
    TIP: I like to measure the syrup and dip each bite instead of pouring on the french toast. I use less this way!

Healthy Pancakes

4-5 Egg whites
    1/4 cup Nonfat cottage cheese
    3 ounces Extra firm low fat tofu
    1/2 cup Old Fashioned oatmeal
    Optional:
    1/2 scoop Berry flavored with protein
    1 table spoon Smart Beat butter
    1/4 cup Sugar free syrup
    Blend ingredients together.
    Add vanilla or almond extract, cinnamon and nutmeg
    Cook batter like pancakes
    Flipping when the cake bubbles in pan (use nonsticking cooking spray)
    Add either butter, butter spray or Smart Beat or nothing at all!
    On the path to get my Pre-pregnancy body back :)

https://shannondavies.myvi.net/loseweight

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Monica Brant
    I eat starchy carbohydrates-for example, rice, pasta, matzo bread, oatmeal, cream of wheat, crumpets and corn tortillas only until mid-afternoon. I try not to eat these things at night because I am more sedentary later in the evening. However, if I know I'm going to be up late, I'll cut these carbs out after 6 pm, in order to have enough energy. Remember, carbs = energy! If you don't use them readily, they turn to fat. Yuck![...]Your body ends up releasing a lot of insulin to combat the high blood sugar levels both carbs and sugar produces. In case you are unaware, sugar is considered a simple carb! When your blood sugar comes down finally, it crashes leaving you oftentimes totally drained. Whatever insulin is left over binds the remaining sugar and stores it as fat.[...]If you are, however, eating sugar, keep your intake to a minimum in the afternoon and evening hours[...]Many small meals are better than a few large ones.
    flawless.