StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000)

Does grip training add mass to forearms?

By grip training I mean static holding (holding a weighted barbell as long as possible) and those little hand-held spring grip crunchers.

what are those called btw?

I'm well aware of wrist curls but I don't plan on doing them again any time soon. Sure they give a great pump but they've given me lots of problems too.

sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunyatasamsara will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hammer curls seem to work good.
    "i dream therefore i am not"

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It can lead to some hypertrophy, but training grip is akin to the way powerlifters train lifts... if you want to maximize hypertrophy you should take a bodypart approach to it, the way BB'ers do..
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by StevenNevets View Post
    and those little hand-held spring grip crunchers.

what are those called btw?
    These are some good ones:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hs/grip.html

Def added strength to my grip
    "Your dreams are always going to be the most important to you than they will be to anybody else. So keep dreaming, keep believing, keep pressing forward. So all those warriors out there – be encouraged"

-Kai Greene

dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dantheman999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I know its anecdotal but I never had big forearms growing up, and I have never done a forearm isolation movement and i have pretty thick forearms. They started growing when i started a bit of grip training and allot of heavy pulling, and thats what i attribute it to.

bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigasssnowman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    By grip training I mean static holding (holding a weighted barbell as long as possible) and those little hand-held spring grip crunchers.

I'm well aware of wrist curls but I don't plan on doing them again any time soon. Sure they give a great pump but they've given me lots of problems too.

Yes.
    Crushers aka c.o.c www.ironmind.com
    1 year out!

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."

"If your out of breath, dizzy, feel like vomiting, can't remember your name, you are on the right road".

www.mindandmuscle.net

StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000) StevenNevets is just really nice. (+1000)
    I should've put this in the OP but let me add that I'm actually happy with my grip strength. I used to have the typical grip crippling other lifts problem but as of late it's been fine.

I'm only doing it for hypertrophy as I can't do wrist curls. A few articles I looked up do talk about bigger forearms.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cyberpump9.htm

Going to give the crushes a try, won't bother doing holds.

Thanks all for replies.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Absolutely.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50) jawadams will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used Heavy Grips (similar to Captains of Crush) and they added some mass to my forearms. Get heavy ones like the ones I mentioned though, cause it won't do much to do 100's of reps on the light ones.
    -You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't.

-There are no reps; only failure

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    By grip training I mean static holding (holding a weighted barbell as long as possible)

I've never done any direct work for them. No wrist curls. They've grown from handling heavy weights week in week out on back exercises (deadlifts, shrugs, rows, etc.), using straps only on sets when my grip would fail and I didn't use them at all until about 2 years ago.

That's not to say direct work wouldn't benefit me. I'd like to train them with a wrist roller and maximize whatever genetic potential I've got there.

The main thing to keep in mind is you've got to be patient. Don't expect visible results in a few months like training biceps -- think years.

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Arrow

By grip training I mean static holding (holding a weighted barbell as long as possible) and those little hand-held spring grip crunchers. what are those called btw?
    Heavy and hard grip training definitely will hit the forearms; I should know, I've done it numerous times. Notice that I said HEAVY and HARD - don't do any pansy-ass crap and expect your forearms/grip to grow stronger, it's not gonna happen. Static holds can work - have you tried thick bar work? Use the same weight except with a 2" or thicker bar, it'll hit your grip which is what you want.

BTW, the things in question are the grippers... you can get them over @ IronMind.

http://www.ironmind.com
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If wrist curls hurt, you could try doing them behind your back.

Also, pinch grips, the "Captains of Crush" grippers, hammer curls, reverse curls (although you won't be able to use as much weight) and the wrist roller, as Dominik recommended. Fairly high reps, heavy a weight as you can work up to, and time...like the man said, think years and not weeks.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1